PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on these bands

Nzoner
03-06-2006, 08:39 PM
As most of you know Nzoner has had a tough time getting out of the 60's thru 80's and discovering new music.Well recently I found a new site I joined where all cd's are $5.99 with no shipping and handling and I've added a few newer projects to my queue.

Although I can listen to 30 seconds of each song on the cd I was hoping to get some more feedback on my choices if anyone knows more about them.

My first selection arrived last Friday Dream Theatre's Octavarium and I'm very pleased with that selection.

Anyhow here's the rest of my queue,thanks in advance for any opinions.

Earl Slick-Zig Zag

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club-Howl

Starflyer 59-I Am The Portugese Blues

Embrace-Out Of Nothing

Gary Moore-Power Of The Blues

Johnny Lang-Long Time Coming

Nightwish
03-06-2006, 10:23 PM
I won't be of much help. I've only heard of three of those. Earl Slick is okay, I guess. I liked Gary Moore with Thin Lizzy, but never cared much for his solo work. His hit "Over the Hills and Far Away" is much better when done by other artists. Of course, that's partially because I can't stand blues. So you can imagine what my opinion of Johnny Lang is.

Miles
03-06-2006, 11:19 PM
Johnny Lang is the only one on that list I am familar with. Its a pretty solid album but hard to discribe. Almost a tad a tad popish for blues but still good.

If you are looking for blues rock, you may want to check out Big Head Todd and the Monsters. Beautiful World and Sister Sweetly are both great albums.

NewChief
03-07-2006, 06:34 AM
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club is a project of one of the guys from Brian Jonestown Massacre. They're pretty cool.

StcChief
03-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Johnny Lang is ok. Agree with Miles.

It is 2006 and the polish is almost required for everyone now....

Spicy McHaggis
03-07-2006, 03:15 PM
I enjoy Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.