PDA

View Full Version : Designer Help (Pagemaker or MS Word)

NewChief
03-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Alright,

I've been assigned to design the tickets for the school's prom. They want to number the tickets. We're trying to put about 10-12 tickets per page. I'm trying to figure out how to place a counter onto each of the ticket objects so they'll automatically be numbered, starting with one and going up to 250. I'd prefer to do this in Pagemaker, but I realize that the number would probably be easier in MS Word (though I hate it). Anyone know how to do it in either program? I've found some MS word templates for event tickets online, but none of them are numbered.

StcChief
03-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Play with page template header/ footer for ticket template.

add a page or page x of... to the template (footer)..

Just an idea.

NewChief
03-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Play with page template header/ footer for ticket template.

add a page or page x of... to the template (footer)..

Just an idea.

Right. The problem is that the template I'm using doesn't treat each ticket as a separate page. They're all individual objects within a page. That might be the way to do it, though. Treat each ticket as its own page, then specify the 12 tix per page when I do the actual printing.

Dartgod
03-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Build a table with 12 cells on page. Do whatever editing in the first cell, yext, pictures, etc. for the ticket and then at the bottom of the cell insert a numbered outline. Then edit it to start at whatever number you want, font, spacing, etc. Then copy EVERYTHING from the first cell and paste into the rest of the cells. The number at the bottom will increment by one on each ticket.

I'll try to attach an example.

NewChief
03-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Build a table with 12 cells on page. Do whatever editing in the first cell, yext, pictures, etc. for the ticket and then at the bottom of the cell insert a numbered outline. Then edit it to start at whatever number you want, font, spacing, etc. Then copy EVERYTHING from the first cell and paste into the rest of the cells. The number at the bottom will increment by one on each ticket.

I'll try to attach an example.

Awesome man. Many thanks.

StcChief
03-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Awesome man. Many thanks.

Excellent. Didn't have time to play with it, (real job in progress).

Learned something new today about M$