PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs are not going to be active in FA this year. Fine....

RedThat
03-07-2006, 12:37 PM
but they have to at least sign 1 player. Just 1 player.

I know we are tight with the cap and money. But, we have to improve the defensive line through the draft and FA. We have to. It's an absolute must. Even if we are not gonna sign 3 or 4 players, I understand. But at least 1.

Get as many passrushers in here as possible. We need to load up on passrushing. We are gonna play Bell as a rushend to take advantage of his speed and passrushing, thats fine. I also say sign Rocky Bernard. In the draft, you have so many passrushers. If Tamba Hali fell to us that would be great.

If we aren't active in FA this spring. I understand.

Lets at least get Rocky Bernard, and Tamba Hali in here. A lot of people are saying we need a CB, I agree, but first and foremost a good pass defense starts upfront. If we can improve that, I'd be pleased.

keg in kc
03-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Make sure you forward a copy of this to Carl, Lynn Stiles and Bill Kuharich, just so they know you know that they have your plan in place.

RedThat
03-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Make sure you forward a copy of this to Carl, Lynn Stiles and Bill Kuharich, just so they know you know that they have your plan in place.

So you do agree with this? If I can get many Chief fans to agree with this I may consider forwarding a copy of this to Carl, Lynn stiles, and Bill Kuharich :hmmm: :D

HC_Chief
03-07-2006, 01:05 PM
I am so sick of this "we have no money for FA" shit the idiots in charge roll out every other season.

Count Zarth
03-07-2006, 01:06 PM
RB, I think you'll find this is a cyclical issue with most teams. Most teams don't spend big dollars in FA every year.

I am sure the Chiefs will sign a couple guys.

Good teams are built through the draft, anyhoo.

sedated
03-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Lets at least get Rocky Bernard, and Tamba Hali in here.

I think that would be considered "being active"

we'll get someone, but it'll be a lional dalton-type

sedated
03-07-2006, 01:08 PM
RB, I think you'll find this is a cyclical issue with most teams. Most teams don't spend big dollars in FA every year.

except the redskins, and donks, that is correct.

we're f*cked.

RedThat
03-07-2006, 01:10 PM
I think that would be considered "being active"

we'll get someone, but it'll be a lional dalton-type

Not really. Just signing 1 player isn't really being active.

*I hope we don't get a Lional Dalton type. I really hope we don't.

RedThat
03-07-2006, 01:12 PM

I am sure the Chiefs will sign a couple guys.

True. I hope we get Tamba Hali though. That would be great.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Ian Gold, Jerry Rice & Browns castoffs

HC_Chief
03-07-2006, 01:26 PM
I would like to see us make several FA acquisitions this offseason: add a vet WR, DT, and CB. We MUST shore up those areas on the team prior to the draft.

In the draft we need a DE and OL depth. All other areas are gravy IMO.

ChiefsfaninPA
03-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Its okay guys, if we save this year NEXT year we will go out and spend some dough on FA's.:shake:

tk13
03-07-2006, 01:30 PM
And they traded their leading rusher to get half those guys. Plus let a starting corner in Kelly Herndon walk.

BigChiefFan
03-07-2006, 01:35 PM
And they traded their leading rusher to get half those guys. Plus let a starting corner in Kelly Herndon walk.
I would say it paid off for them since they've been in the playoffs two years running. Champ Bailey was another GOOD trade. John Lynch in free agency is a solid acquisition. As much as I hate the Broncos on Sundays, they ALWAYS look to improve their team.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-07-2006, 01:36 PM
do they spend big money every off-season?

beer bacon
03-07-2006, 01:36 PM
I would say it paid off for them since they've been in the playoffs two years running. Champ Bailey was another GOOD trade. John Lynch in free agency is a solid acquisition. As much as I hate the Broncos on Sundays, they ALWAYS look to improve their team.

Even if it means being docked a draft pick or two.

KCTitus
03-07-2006, 01:39 PM
It really sucks when KC does this...I much prefer the the offseasons where KC spends a ton of money of FA busts.

kaplin42
03-07-2006, 01:39 PM
I know we are tight with the cap and money. But, we have to improve the defensive line through the draft and FA. We have to. It's an absolute must. Even if we are not gonna sign 3 or 4 players, I understand. But at least 1.

Heh, we signed a new DLineman, and he has been in house for a year.

K. Bell to be used as Down Pass Rusher (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/14013643.htm)

See Carl is doing whats best for the team. :banghead:

beer bacon
03-07-2006, 01:41 PM
It really sucks when KC does this...I much prefer the the offseasons where KC spends a ton of money of FA busts.

I prefer when we pick up a backup RB, a career backup QB, and a "washed up" OT, and then they all turn out being pro bowlers.

jspchief
03-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Ian Gold, Jerry Rice & Browns castoffsExactly.

If the Chiefs had signed those bums from the Browns, the fans would be throwing a fit, because we signed a bunch of low tier FAs instead of blockbusters. But now they use hindsight to proclaim that Denver is a model for how to approach free agency.

We're going to sign some free agents. We have to. We've already cut 4 players, and we lose at least 4 more to FA. We're not going to replace those 8 players with our 6 draft picks. We have no choice but to sign a few free agents.

KCTitus
03-07-2006, 01:42 PM
I prefer when we pick up a backup RB, a career backup QB, and a "washed up" OT, and then they all turn out being pro bowlers.

To be honest, the backup QB wasnt a FA, rather, KC pissed away a first round pick for him.

beer bacon
03-07-2006, 01:44 PM
To be honest, the backup QB wasnt a FA, rather, KC pissed away a first round pick for him.

Still a good move in hindsight. It didn't seem like a smart move at the time.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-07-2006, 01:45 PM
I've been reading on here for a while now how Denver spends big money every off-season. The only ones I could think of from last year-Gold, Rice, Browns castoffs & maybe Dayne. I didn't even think about who they may have lost

RedThat
03-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Exactly.

If the Chiefs had signed those bums from the Browns, the fans would be throwing a fit, because we signed a bunch of low tier FAs instead of blockbusters. But now they use hindsight to proclaim that Denver is a model for how to approach free agency.

We're going to sign some free agents. We have to. We've already cut 4 players, and we lose at least 4 more to FA. We're not going to replace those 8 players with our 6 draft picks. We have no choice but to sign a few free agents.

Off the top of my head, we have 4 guys that are UFA.

I think they are Sapp, Washington, Gammon, and Black.

I agree we will sign some FA's. But they will probably be low tier FA's. To replace the guys we are going to lose.

KCTitus
03-07-2006, 01:51 PM
...hindsight...

Funny how that works.

jspchief
03-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Off the top of my head, we have 4 guys that are UFA.

I think they are Sapp, Washington, Gammon, and Black.

I agree we will sign some FA's. But they will probably be low tier FA's. To replace the guys we are going to lose.Sapp is RFA. Add Collins and T-Rich to the UFA list.

Anyway, point being, we are losing more guys than our draft can replace, including some starters. We'll get some FAs. Will it be TO, Law, or Abraham? No.

RedThat
03-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Sapp is RFA. Add Collins and T-Rich to the UFA list.

Anyway, point being, we are losing more guys than our draft can replace, including some starters. We'll get some FAs. Will it be TO, Law, or Abraham? No.

It is possible we can afford Rocky Bernard though. I'm not just saying this because I want him. I think Rocky will want a lot of money, but, if he is the only high priced guy we'll get, I don't see it as a problem.

beer bacon
03-07-2006, 01:59 PM
It is possible we can afford Rocky Bernard though. I'm not just saying this because I want him. I think Rocky will want a lot of money, but, if he is the only high priced guy we'll get, I don't see it as a problem.

The only problem is I don't think we can afford to sign Rocky and give Hicks that big extension he deserves.

jspchief
03-07-2006, 02:02 PM
It is possible we can afford Rocky Bernard though. I'm not just saying this because I want him. I think Rocky will want a lot of money, but, if he is the only high priced guy we'll get, I don't see it as a problem.It's possible. Not a lot of great FA DT prospects out there, so we'll probably get outbid on Bernard.

What I'd like to see (within the limits of what I think the team will do) is a 2nd tier CB to add experience to a young CB corps, a FB (T-Rich), a 2nd tier WR, and maybe retain Dalton too.

Then draft a FS, and a DE or DT in rounds 1 and 2, BAA in round 3. Then get a backup RB in round 5.

htismaqe
03-07-2006, 03:44 PM
I love this time of year.

Man the lifeboats.

Mecca
03-07-2006, 04:02 PM
The Eagles want Rocky Bernard from what I hear so you can forget that one.

JakeT
03-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Dear Chiefs Fans,

Please don't forget, we've already made our "big" off-season acquisition, we traded for Herm Edwards. We all know that coaches can make a difference, look at how much progress we’ve made since signing Gunther Cunningham. Erick Hicks our defensive team leader informs me that he and the rest of defense are extremely excited to play for coach Edwards.

Thanks for your continued support,

Carl Peterson

Thanks,

Carl

ct
03-07-2006, 04:43 PM

Don't forget Ron Dayne.

ct
03-07-2006, 04:45 PM
I love this time of year.

Man the lifeboats.

That's pretty much any time of year around here.