PDA

View Full Version : KoRn...

munkey
03-07-2006, 02:30 PM
I took the wife to see Korn last night and all I can say is it ranked up there with some of the BEST concerts I've EVAR attended. Talk about a show! They made 10 year and Mud Vein sould like garage bands. If they are in your area don't miss out...It's worth the price of admission.

~Even the old lady - whose not a fan enjoyed it~

Phobia
03-07-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm sure my wife wouldn't have enjoyed Korn but I would have. Cool.

Anything new on the 'lil Bro?

munkey
03-07-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm sure my wife wouldn't have enjoyed Korn but I would have. Cool.

Anything new on the 'lil Bro?

Bro is getting better....Off and on really. It seems every now and then he has some adverse reaction to the drugs but he's on schedule for a complete recovery....

munkey
03-07-2006, 02:51 PM
KoRn review (http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/updates/story/5569658p-5011182c.html)

Radar Chief
03-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Bro is getting better....Off and on really. It seems every now and then he has some adverse reaction to the drugs but he's on schedule for a complete recovery....

Thatís good to hear (read).

carlos3652
03-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Wow... Nice... I was a big fan of Korn about 3-5 years ago, before I got married, my wife cant tolerate it...

Pitt Gorilla
03-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Korn is always good.

Phobia
03-07-2006, 03:28 PM
he's on schedule for a complete recovery....

Can't ask for any better news than that. What a relief.

Reaper16
03-07-2006, 03:40 PM
I call bullshit on your assessment, and that of the review you posted, of Mudvayne. That maybe described the opposite of what thier music soudns like. And no way were the a garage band compared to Korn, especially considering they're infinitely more complex than Korn. Especially Matt, their bassist, who is probably the best bassist in rock music today.

That said, I've always liked Korn, and the always put on a good show. But Mudvayne does too...

pak1983
03-07-2006, 04:29 PM
I call bullshit on your assessment, and that of the review you posted, of Mudvayne. That maybe described the opposite of what thier music soudns like. And no way were the a garage band compared to Korn, especially considering they're infinitely more complex than Korn. Especially Matt, their bassist, who is probably the best bassist in rock music today.

That said, I've always liked Korn, and the always put on a good show. But Mudvayne does too...

All trash bands. Not garage bands but trash. Les Claypool is the best bassist around. GG

SLAG
03-07-2006, 04:31 PM
I used to Like KoRn until Issues came out.... ever since then im just like... BLAH

munkey
03-07-2006, 04:35 PM
I call bullshit on your assessment

Well let me put it this way....

Whomever did the sound for Mud did an extremely piss poor job....AND the same could be said for 10 years. I swear there was a couple of songs I wasn't quite sure the title until the chorus....seriously....

sedated
03-07-2006, 04:37 PM
I used to Like KoRn until Issues came out.... ever since then im just like... BLAH

amen.

then they started with the covers, and covered a pink floyd song. STFU

...and Les is the best bassist in the history of rock music.

I can't wait to see him at Wakarusa.

munkey
03-07-2006, 04:38 PM

You should give the new album a shot....

SnakeXJones
03-07-2006, 04:42 PM
You should give the new album a shot....

I thought JD, The Matrix, Atticus Ross did hell of a job putting SYOTOS together.

Fish
03-07-2006, 04:51 PM
I never really caught on to KoRn until I saw them live the first time.... they can put on a helluva show.

KSU_Chief
03-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Jonathon lost his voice around the time Issues came out and I agree they have not been the same since. There first three were incredible, though.

sedated
03-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Jonathon lost his voice around the time Issues came out and I agree they have not been the same since. There first three were incredible, though.

congrats on the first post.

...now, run like hell and don't look back.

this place consumes your soul.

Fruit Ninja
03-07-2006, 06:12 PM
KoRn does put on a badass show, i havent seen them since family values tour in 98. I like pretty much all thier albums. Comming undone off their new album is amazing, so is Seen it all. They are great live.

jidar
03-07-2006, 06:43 PM
I've seen Korn 3 times they are always awesome. Best show I've ever been to was Family Values '98 at Sandstone. After that the second was Korn and Rob Zombie in springfield.

At Family Values they only had maybe 1/3 of the floor with people on it and all the rest of us who didn't pay for floor tickets had to sit in the stands. They had security guards every 8 feet or so all along the edge to keep us back, but when Korn came on it was impossible to stop. The entire floor filled immediately and everybody was jamming, it was great.