PDA

View Full Version : 311 Day (March 11th, 2006) - Memphis, TN

carlos3652
03-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Anyone on here planing on attending,

I got my tix about a month and 1/2 ago, and I am ready to party, leaving on Friday around noon, getting there in time to party all night long on Beale Street, and then enjoy 311 on Saturday (they play most of their songs - about a 4 hr show with no opening band).

http://311.com/index2.html

The ultimate 311 concert experience with a special extended set list and special surprises heads to Memphis! A special 311 celebration not to be missed!!

On Saturday, March 11, 2006...311 will stage their 3-11 Day concert event in Memphis, TN. The show is at the Mid-South Coliseum, where 311 will peform all of their classics plus lots of rarities and surprises, for one very special night!

MEMPHIS:
Memphis is a great central location for fans to drive or fly to. There are many direct flights and hotels available. And Beale Street (like Bourboun Street in N.O.) presents a great party zone for before and after the show with lots of bars, clubs and restaurants. On Friday and Saturday nights, Beale Street stays open until 5:00AM!!

The venue is in Mid-Town and the Beale Street entertainment district is Downtown.
They are 10-15 minutes apart, (5-6 miles), an easy car or cab ride. Most hotels are also downtown.

Memphis is home of Elvis' Graceland, blues music, great BBQ, Beale Street...and now the site of 3-11 Day 2006....so, let's take over Memphis on March 11th!!....be there!!!

For more Memphis info visit: www.memphis.com, www.memphisguide.com, www.bealestreet.com, www.midsouthcoliseum.com

MEMPHIS GUIDE / A 311 FAN GIVES SOME SCOOP: (updated 1/30)
Our friend, Ammi, in Memphis was kind enough to put together the following list highlighting some key spots in Memphis. Check it out for details on BBQ, Graceland, Sun Studios, Rock & Soul Museum, Memphis River Queen and all sorts of other hot spots for your dining and entertainment pleasure.
Click Here

TICKETS: (Updated 2/21)
3-11 DAY Sold Out in a matter of hours!!

On Tues, 1/24, we launched the 3-11 Day Pre-Sale.
We sold all 4,500 tickets in less than six hours to fans across 48 states and 2 Canadian provinces!!

On Fri, 1/27, we launched the public On-Sale at Ticketmaster.
We sold all 4,000 tickets in five hours!!

On Mon, 1/30, the venue approved the release of 500 more tickets.
All 500 tickets were sold out in two hours!!

9,000 total tickets sold.
Hottest ticket of the Spring?....You know it!!!
311 fans Unite...destination, Memphis!!

Located in mid-town Memphis, the venue is an intimate arena (8000+ capacity) that will be General Admission with a big open floor. (floor access will require a wristband, details below).
Box Office: 901-274-3982.

SHOWTIMES: (updated 2/23)
Now confirmed, doors will open at 5:30pm and the show will start at 7:00pm. No opening band.
The venue box office will open at 10:00am day of show. 311 takes the stage at 7pm. We encourage you to come early, enjoy the parking lot party, and then kick the night off with a bang!

SHOW POLICIES / NO TAPING - NO CAMERAS: (added 2/22)
Audio recording devices are NOT allowed at the 3-11 Day show. The 311 taping policy will not apply to this show. Taping by the general public will not be allowed. Please refrain from bringing any recording devices. They will be turned away at the door. 311 will be recording the show (audio/video) for the 311 Archives.

Cameras will also not be permitted unless with photo pass, which are largely reserved to those shooting for publications. The photo pass list is now closed.

HOTELS: (updated 1/30)
For those travelling to Memphis, be sure to figure out your shelter in advance.

Of course any hotel you contact will be able to tell you how far they are from the Coliseum and how far from the Beale Street District. Most hotels have fair cancellation policies, so you can hold rooms for a period of time before being charged. So inquire and get yourself covered.

We have several local hotels offering special "3-11 Day Rates". So be sure to mention the "3-11 Day Rate" when booking.

Holiday In Express Hotel and Suites – (901) 369-8005
4225 American Way Memphis, TN 38118
www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/memam?irs=y
6 miles to Coliseum. 8 miles to Beale Street.
Indoor pool, Complimentary Breakfast.
$69 per night. double occupancy King & Double Queen Rooms.
$79 per night. double occupancy King Suite.
$89 per night. double occupancy Jacuzzi Suite.

Springhill Suites, Wolfchase Galleria – (901) 380-9700
2800 New Brunswick Rd. Memphis, TN 38133
www.marriott.com/memss
12 miles to Coliseum. 18 miles to Beale Street.
$94.99 per night. 2 avail Queen Suites, 6 per room occupancy (both suites have pull out sofas).
$99.99 per night. King Suites, 5 per room occupancy, deluxe cont. breakfast (all suites have fridges & microwaves).

Embassy Suites– (901) 684-1777
1022 S. Shady Grove Rd. Memphis, TN 38120
www.memphis.embsuites.com
7 miles to Coliseum. 15 miles to Beale Street.
$129 per night. Double occupancy including full American cooked-to-order breakfast.

Hampton Inn: Hacks Cross Road – (901) 754-8454
3579 Hacks Cross Road. Memphis, TN 38125
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MEMSWHX
12 miles to Coliseum. 19 miles to Beale Street
$79 per night. double occupancy including Deluxe Continental Breakfast Buffet

Radisson Airport Hotel – (901) 332-2370
2411 Winchester Rd. Memphis, TN 38116
www.radisson.com/memphistn_airport
6 miles to Coliseum. 8 miles to Beale Street
$80 per night double. occupancy including complimentary high-speed internet access

Residence Inn, Memphis: Downtown - (901) 578-3700 or toll free (800)331-3131
110 Monroe Avenue, Memphis, TN 38103
http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/MEMRI
5 miles to Coliseum. 0 miles (3 Blocks) to Beale Street.
$159 per night (2 night minimum) – Studio Suite, 4 person occupancy queen bed and sofa pull out.
$169 per night (2 night minimum) – Studio Exception suite (larger), 4 person occupancy queen bed and sofa pull out.
Price includes complimentary hot breakfast. All rooms have a fully equipped kitchen (refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker).

Marriott Downtown – (800) 228-9290 or (901) 527-7300
250 North Main St. Memphis, TN 38103
$149 per night based on a maximum of 4 persons.
http://marriott.com/property/propertypage.mi?marshaCode=MEMDT
5 Miles to the Coliseum/ 0 Miles to Beale Street (8 blocks)

Holiday Inn - Mt. Moriah– (901) 362-8010 or toll free (800)477-5519
2490 Mt. Moriah Memphis, TN 38115
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/memmm?irs=y
15 minutes/ 8 miles to Coliseum. 20 minutes/ 14 miles to Beale Street.
$89 per night – Singles/Doubles
Includes coffee maker with free coffee and High Speed Wireless Internet.

FAN PARTY: (Updated 2/21)
For all details on the Fan Party taking place 3/10, visit http://www.311fanparty.com/
Tickets were sold only via https://tix.artistarena.com/311/
First batch of tickets were sold Monday 2/13 at 4PM CST.
Second batch of tickets were sold Tuesday 2/14 at 4PM EST.
The Fan Party is now sold out...

DAY OF SHOW PARKING LOT: (Updates 2/22)
No overnight camping is permitted on the Coliseum grounds. Security will be on site to ensure compliance. The parking lot will open it's gates at 10AM. Tailgating will be permitted. The venue is making a very special exception for us, as they do not typically allow tailgating. On that note, we ask everyone to respect the venue lot. Meaning pick up your own trash and respect eachother and the venue property. There will be venue security on site and the last thing you want to do is get kicked out. So just use good common sense. And lets keep the lot a safe, clean and positive enviroment. Unity!! There will be 20 Portalets in the Parking Lot day of show. There will also be vendors with water, soda and small snacks (chips, peanuts, etc). We suggest you also bring some of your own goods to keep you satisfied through the day.

FLOOR WRISTBANDS AT WEST LOBBY ONLY: (updated 2/23)
All tickets will be General Admission. Approximately 2,500 wristbands will be distributed at the WEST LOBBY entrance only, first come first serve, for access to the floor. Mid-South Coliseum is an intimate, compact arena so whether you are on the floor or in the seats you will have a great night. Remember this is a long show, so keep that in mind when considering whether you want to stand on the floor or be in the seats.

For those interested in a floor wristband, you must line up at the WEST LOBBY Entrance to the venue. (North and South will be the entrance for seats. East is a backstage entrance, not a public entrance). The parking lot opens at 10am. There will be barricades at the West Lobby for the floor line. Security personnel will be on hand to ensure all goes smooth. We ask 311 fans to cooperate to ensure everything goes well. So be kind to your fellow-fan, unite and help make everyone's 3-11 Day experience a great one!!

BEALE STREET AGE LIMIT:
We have now been informed that the Beale Street Age Limit Policy is the following:
Persons under the age of 21 may roam Beale Street until 11pm.
After 11pm, you must be 21 or older to walk Beale Street.
Beale Street has an open-container leniency, therefore a curfew for minors exists.
If 18 and up and attending an all ages event on Beale Street, you may stay within the confines of that building after hours, but not roam the street.

The Fan Party is on Beale Street, and is an all ages event. Details to come.
The show at the Mid-South Coliseum is not on Beale Street and will let out after 11pm.
On that note, while there is no official aftershow party, we assume fans will congregate to Beale Street (but unfortunately the street will be a 21 and up situation at that time of night).

The countdown is on!! Get psyched!!

THE MOVE FROM NEW ORLEANS TO MEMPHIS:
As you know, 311 has played the last several 3-11 Day shows at UNO Lakefront Arena in New Orleans. Over the last several months, the 311 team has been in discussions with the New Orleans promoter, city officials and FEMA to get clearance to bring 3-11 Day back to New Orleans. After the damage the city sustained from Hurricane Katrina, we needed to evaluate if the venue would be ready for a show and if the city would be ready to accomodate our travelling fan-base.

While the UNO Lakefront Arena did not suffer from flood waters, it did sustain substantial wind damages. The entire roof, soffit and fascia of the facility are in the process of being replaced. UNO projected a March 1st re-opening, but we just got news from city officials & FEMA, that the building will have to remain closed until Summer 2006 to accomodate further testing, repairs and construction.

311 loves New Orleans and really wanted to do the show in New Orleans to help aid the city in its recovery. We searched for other possible New Orleans venue sites, but due to size, space, availability and insurance issues we were not able to secure a suitable venue. In addition, hotel availability has been a concern. New Orleans lost 20,000 usable hotel rooms from the hurricane, many of which will not be ready by March.

So 311 will not be able to return to New Orleans for 3-11 Day '06, but fear not New Orleans, as 311 looks forward to its return to the Crescent City in the near future. We continue to wish everyone in the Gulf Coast who was effected by Katrina, a speedy and succesful recovery.

3-11 Day 2006 is confirmed for the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis, TN..!!!! Memphis is a good, central location for fans to drive or fly to. There are many direct flights and hotels available. And Beale Street (like Bourboun Street in N.O.) presents a great party zone to hang out before and after the show with lots of bars, clubs and restaurants. Located in mid-town Memphis, the venue, like UNO, is an intimate arena (8000+ capacity) that will be General Admission with a big open floor. Memphis is home of Elvis' Graceland, great BBQ, historic Beale Street...and now the site of 3-11 DAY 2006....so, let's take over Memphis on March 11th!!....be there!!!

WORDS FROM THE BAND:
P-NUT: 311 Day once again, and this time with a twist. We tried our best to make it in New Orleans again, but the devastation is too much to handle. We will be rocking Tennessee as it has NEVER been rocked before! Get your travel plans ready if you want the whole full 311 effectualisims. In other words, the show must go on, so be there or be square, this is once again going to be the show of shows as anyone who has ever seen one in person, this is the one not to miss. See you there!! I weep for New Orleans, may you heal quickly. Respect. - P-Nut

NICK: The only thing I'm sure of is that we going ALL OUT on 3-11 Day. I figure I've got 729 days to rest up until the next one. We're kicking around a lot of ideas and we won't be sure how it's gonna come out until it happens. If you're curious as to what it's gonna be like, well, so am I. That's what's cool about 3-11 Day. We experience it all together for the first time.

SA: Hey everybody! First off, thanks for coming out to all the shows. Without you none of this is possible. So thank you. As you know by now, 311 Day will be in Memphis. I'm saddened that the event will not be in New Orleans as we all intended. We had planned to be part of that city's rebirth and one day we'll return. That said, we are still going to have a great show in Memphis!!! 311 Day is such a special event to all of us in the band (and hopefully to you as well). The energy at 311 Day shows is beyond description. Plus, think of all the bonuses! What? Don't have a companion to go to the concert with? No problem, walk up to any 5 strangers at the show and say, "where ya been all my life?" And hold out your arms when you say it. Oh, but your telling me your "friends" think you're crazy because you still listen to the band you first heard in middle school AND still follow them around?? Well you....you....umm.....just tell 'em to bug off! But you gotta say it LOUD loud, with your lip kinda snarled, one tooth blackened out with sharpie and some sort of patch over your eye. And then like shake your head when you say it. Trust me. It works. Well, hope all is well. Take time to enjoy the music. See you in Memphis!!

(you guys can move this to the Music forum later if you wish)

carlos3652
03-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I love 311 and have gone to almost all of their concerts in KC since 2000 (incubus opened for them) including one in Omaha (when the city celebrated their anniversary last year...)

I am stoked...

Lurch
03-07-2006, 02:43 PM
I've seen them 3 times down in Omaha....they rock.

DMAC
03-07-2006, 02:44 PM
hmmm... tempting.

DMAC
03-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Anyone going to the Springfield show tomarrow?

DeepSouth
03-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Never heard of 311 but I did watch a movie the other night called 11:14.

carlos3652
03-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Anyone going to the Springfield show tomarrow?

No, :( I only do 1 a year...

These are the ones Ive been to since 2000 and they have all been equally great!

08/12/2005 City Market / Kansas City MO (opening acts rained out)
07/16/2004 Memorial Park / Omaha NE w/ Zack Hexum, Grasshopper Takeover
07/15/2004 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre / Bonner Springs KS w/ The Roots
08/07/2003 City Market Pavilion / Kansas City MO w/ O.A.R., Something Corporate, DJP
04/10/2002 Uptown Theatre / Kansas City MO w/ Hoobastank
09/19/2001 Uptown Theatre / Kansas City MO (w/ One Side Zero)
06/05/2000 Sandstone Amphitheatre / Bonner Springs KS (w/ Incubus, Grasshopper Takeover)

Reaper16
03-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Gotta' like 311. They're huge here in the misdwest amongst my generation.

carlos3652
03-07-2006, 03:20 PM
Gotta' like 311. They're huge here in the misdwest amongst my generation.

They make Omaha (and the Midwest) Proud... :clap:

pak1983
03-07-2006, 03:24 PM
they are horrible, they should have quit making music about 4 years ago. everything they do now is just making them look that much worse.

carlos3652
03-07-2006, 03:51 PM
they are horrible, they should have quit making music about 4 years ago. everything they do now is just making them look that much worse.

Really...what do you dislike...? I think Sound System is their best Album... From Chaos wasnt bad either...

DMAC
03-07-2006, 04:00 PM
they are horrible, they should have quit making music about 4 years ago. everything they do now is just making them look that much worse.I love 311 and they are one of my all time favorite bands, but I will admit they are an aquired taste. Every album they come out with, the first time I listen to it I am like "ehhh", but then after listening 2 or 3 more times I really start to dig it. They also seem to put out their worst song as their radio single. Mabye they do it to keep the fans they have instead of bringing in new bandwagon fans, like yourself.

But they are not horrible, KISS is horrible.

Ultra Peanut
03-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Oh, I get it.

Reaper16
03-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Oh, I get it.
ROFL

ChiefsCountry
03-07-2006, 06:49 PM
311 is in Springfield, MO tommorrow night. Just though you guys might want to know.

Demonpenz
03-07-2006, 11:42 PM
I have seen em many of a times

Demonpenz
03-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Jesus could have been a good skate boarder. He has the long hair, baggy clothes and likes 311

Phobia
03-08-2006, 12:02 AM
I dig 311 hard. I'm old too.

luv
03-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Forget 311 Day and go to the Music Festival during Memphis in May. That's a good time. Three days of bands on three different stages at Tom Lee Park. Beer's a bit expensive though.

Halfcan
03-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Save the money and stay home and listen to Rush. :)

Nightwish
03-08-2006, 12:16 AM
311 has enough songs to do a 4-hour show? I didn't know they had enough songs to do a half hour show! Of course, if they played all the 311 songs that I like, then it'd be a five-minute show!

Ebolapox
03-08-2006, 12:28 AM

and along comes jizzboy to crap all over the thread

-EB-

carlos3652
03-08-2006, 08:06 AM
311 has enough songs to do a 4-hour show? I didn't know they had enough songs to do a half hour show! Of course, if they played all the 311 songs that I like, then it'd be a five-minute show!

Yea you are right... they dont have any songs... they have only been around for 11 years and released 11 albums - But yea, I am not expecting you to know more than 5 or 6 songs so whatever... :rolleyes:

My Favorites are in Bold... And like Dmac said, they usually put their worst single on the radio...

SONG TITLE - ALBUM
1,2,3 GRASSROOTS
8:16 A.M. GRASSROOTS
All Mixed Up 311
Amber FROM CHAOS
Applied Science GRASSROOTS
Beautiful Disaster TRANSISTOR
Beyond the Gray Sky EVOLVER
Bomb The Town E.T.S.D. 2 5
Borders TRANSISTOR
Brodels 311
Can't Fade Me SOUNDSYSTEM
Champagne FROM CHAOS
Color TRANSISTOR
Come Original SOUNDSYSTEM
Crack the Code EVOLVER
Creature Feature TRANSISTOR
Creatures (For a While) EVOLVER
C.U.T.M. UNITY
Damn DAMMIT
Dancehall E.T.S.D. 2 5
DLMD 311
Don't Dwell EVOLVER
Don't Stay Home 311
Don't Tread on Me DON'T TREAD ON ME
Down 311
Down south DAMMIT
Do you right UNITY
Electricity TRANSISTOR
Eons SOUNDSYSTEM
Evolution SOUNDSYSTEM
Fat chance / !#$ the %&*! (**** the bullshit) MUSIC
Feels so good UNITY
From Chaos FROM CHAOS
Full Ride FROM CHAOS
Firewater E.T.S.D. 3
First Straw 311 GREATEST HITS
Flowing SOUNDSYSTEM
Freak out HYDROPONIC
Freeze Time SOUNDSYSTEM
Frolic Room DON'T TREAD ON ME
!#$ the %&*! (**** the bullshit) DAMMIT
Galaxy TRANSISTOR
GAP E.T.S.D. 3
Getting Through to Her DON'T TREAD ON ME
Give Me a Call EVOLVER
Grassroots GRASSROOTS
Guns (are for pussies) 311
Hive 311
Homebrew GRASSROOTS
Hostile Apostle FROM CHAOS
How Do You Feel? 311 GREATEST HITS
Hydroponic MUSIC
I Told Myself FROM CHAOS
I'll Be Here Awhile FROM CHAOS
Independence day DAMMIT
Inner Light Spectrum TRANSISTOR
Intro TRANSISTOR
It's Getting OK Now DON'T TREAD ON ME
Jackolantern's Weather 311
Jupiter TRANSISTOR
Large In The Margin SOUNDSYSTEM
Leaving Babylon SOUNDSYSTEM
Let The Cards Fall E.T.S.D. 3
Life's Not A Race SOUNDSYSTEM
Light Years TRANSISTOR
Little Brother DON'T TREAD ON ME 7
Livin' & Rockin' SOUNDSYSTEM
Loco 311
Long for the Flowers DON'T TREAD ON ME
Lose GRASSROOTS
Lucky GRASSROOTS
Mindspin SOUNDSYSTEM
Misdirected Hostility 311
My stony baby MUSIC
Nix Hex HYDROPONIC
No Control TRANSISTOR
Nutsymptom GRASSROOTS
Offbeat Bare-Ass GRASSROOTS
Omaha Stylee GRASSROOTS
Other Side of Things EVOLVER
Outside "SENIOR TRIP" 1
Paradise MUSIC
Peaceful Revolution DAMMIT
Plain HYDROPONIC
Prisoner TRANSISTOR
Purpose 311
Push It Away DAMMIT
Random 311
Reconsider Everything EVOLVER
Right Now UNITY
Rollin UNITY
Rollin OMAHA SESSIONS
Rub A Dub TRANSISTOR
Running TRANSISTOR
Salsa GRASSROOTS
Same Mistake Twice EVOLVER
Seems Uncertain EVOLVER
Sever SOUNDSYSTEM
Sick Tight FROM CHAOS
Silver GRASSROOTS
Six GRASSROOTS
Slinky DAMMIT
Solar Flare DON'T TREAD ON ME
Sometimes Jacks Rule the Realm EVOLVER
Soul Sucker HYDROPONIC
Speak Easy DON'T TREAD ON ME
Starshines TRANSISTOR
Stealing Happy Hours TRANSISTOR
Still Dreaming EVOLVER
Strangers TRANSISTOR
Strong All Along SOUNDSYSTEM
Summer of love UNITY
Sweet 311
The Continuous Life TRANSISTOR
Taiyed GRASSROOTS
Thank Your Lucky Stars DON'T TREAD ON ME
There's Always an Excuse DON'T TREAD ON ME
This too shall pass DAMMIT
Thriving to the scene DAMMIT
Time is Precious EVOLVER 6
To be honest DAMMIT
Today my love HYDROPONIC
T & P Combo 311
Transistor TRANSISTOR
Tribute E.T.S.D. 3
Tune In TRANSISTOR
Uncalm FROM CHAOS
Unity UNITY
Use Of Time TRANSISTOR
Visit MUSIC
Wake Your Mind Up FROM CHAOS
Waiting DON'T TREAD ON ME
We Do It Like This E.T.S.D. 2 5
Welcome HYDROPONIC
What Do You Do? EVOLVER 6
What Was I Thinking TRANSISTOR
Whiskey & Wine DON'T TREAD ON ME
White Man In Hammersmith Palais BURNING LONDON 4
Who's Got The Herb? HEMPILATION 2
You Get Worked FROM CHAOS
You Wouldn't Believe FROM CHAOS

DMAC
03-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Did I count 141? If each song was 4 minutes, and they played them all back to back, no stopping, the concert would be 9.4 hours long!!

morphius
03-08-2006, 10:46 AM
and along comes jizzboy to crap all over the thread

-EB-
Hehe, we could have, "Save your money and buy a GM" Boy instead...

:D

carlos3652
03-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Did I count 141? If each song was 4 minutes, and they played them all back to back, no stopping, the concert would be 9.4 hours long!!

They usually play 65 songs... so 4.5 hrs is realistic...

Take care, Im leaving KC in an hour, Ill have some pictures of Beale St, (cant take any at the show)when I get back....

Later...

ENDelt260
03-10-2006, 10:06 AM
I'd rather sandpaper the asshole of an alligator in a phone booth than listen to 311 for two hours.

ENDelt260
03-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Gawd. Loop 311 and Rush all day and I'll yack all over Katipan's new fancy steel grates.

|Zach|
03-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Have fun

Demonpenz
03-10-2006, 10:15 AM
who's got the herb?

ChiefInUtah
03-10-2006, 10:19 AM
I used to love 311 but then I was told what 311 stood for and lost all respect for them. I still don't know if it is the truth but I was told it was 3 times the 11th letter in the alphabet. KKK. Please someone tell me it's not true so that I can begin to listen to their music again.

ENDelt260
03-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Hey hey hey... you know what? You know what? Don't buy any food w/ a K in a circle on the label either. It means that company supports the Klan!

Demonpenz
03-10-2006, 10:30 AM
311 i think is the call for nudity. 311 is actually pretty hard in concert. I like the 30 minute drum solo on applied science and probably the top 20 bassist in the country pnut beating that thang

DMAC
03-10-2006, 10:54 AM
There is a mexican in the band ya know, WHITE POWER!!!

Bob Dole
03-10-2006, 11:23 AM
I'd rather sandpaper the asshole of an alligator in a phone booth than listen to 311 for two hours.

Even if you started listening at 4:20?

ENDelt260
03-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Even if you started listening at 4:20?
Is the other option also at 4:20?

Ultra Peanut
03-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Forget 311 Day and go to the Music Festival during Memphis in May. That's a good time. Three days of bands on three different stages at Tom Lee Park. Beer's a bit expensive though.
The Beale Street Music Festival lineup was released last week. Not as strong as previous years, really, but there are some gems, to be sure.

Friday, May 5, 2006
B.B. King
Train
Rod Piazza & the Mighty Flyers
Puddle of Mudd
Bryan Adams
Robert Randolph & the Family Band
Ronnie Baker Brooks
Three 6 Mafia
Big Star
Jason Mraz
Duwayne Burnside & Mississippi Mafia
Augustine
Zac Brown Band
Marty Casey & Love Hammers
Billy Gibson

Saturday, May 6, 2006
Cake
Huey Lewis & the News
George Clinton & Parliament/Funkadelic
Shemekia Copeland
Jerry Lee Lewis
Little Richard
Three Days Grace
Bruce Hornsby
Eric Sardinas
John Lee Hooker, Jr.
Romantics
Bo Diddley
Bar-Kays
Gin Blossoms
Gomez
Al Kapone w/ Bo Keys
Big Jack Johnson
Malpais
Richard Johnston & Jessie Mae Hemphill
Slightly Stoopid
NEEDTOBREATHE
Honeytribe with Devon Allman
Yonder Mountain String Band
Lazy Lester

Sunday, May 7, 2006
Staind
Blues Traveler
James Brown
Johnny Winter
Chicago
Yellowcard
Shinedown
Saffire - The Uppity Blues Women
Trapt
Booker T. & The MG’s
Gov’t Mule
Hubert Sumlin with G.E. Smith
Galactic
Paul Thorn
10 Years
Robert "Wolfman" Belfour
Malpais
Billy Lee Riley
Janiva Magness
Eisley

I need to make a point of going on Sunday, if only to try to rid the world of Yellowcard once and for all. Also, Eisley's pretty good, from what little I've heard of them.

Saulbadguy
03-27-2006, 06:19 PM
MEMPHIS TENNESSEE?!

(Andy Kaufman voice)

Ultra Peanut
03-27-2006, 06:20 PM
MEMPHIS TENNESSEE?!

(Andy Kaufman voice)MENNEFER REPRESENT