PDA

View Full Version : A couple good lines of BS from Jonathan Rand

shaneo69
03-07-2006, 03:35 PM
"None of the Chiefsí salary cap casualties so far affects their 2006 outlook. If the salary cap remains stagnant, merely maintaining a rosterís strength probably qualifies as a win."

So, we didn't make the playoffs in 2005, and our main offseason goal for 2006 is to keep the same team intact. Nice strategy.

"Of the four players released, only cornerback Eric Warfield was a projected starter, and he hasnít developed into the Pro Bowl player that his physical tools suggested he could become. The Chiefs waited eight years for him to blossom, and thatís long enough."

Hey, I guess that means we only have to give Bartee two more years to blossom. That should probably be long enough to decide whether or not he was worth a 2nd rounder.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/03/07/rand_chiefs_weather_the_stormfor_now/

Chiefnj
03-07-2006, 03:39 PM
"None of the Chiefsí salary cap casualties so far affects their 2006 outlook. If the salary cap remains stagnant, merely maintaining a rosterís strength probably qualifies as a win."

So, we didn't make the playoffs in 2005, and our main offseason goal for 2006 is to keep the same team intact. Nice strategy.

"Of the four players released, only cornerback Eric Warfield was a projected starter, and he hasnít developed into the Pro Bowl player that his physical tools suggested he could become. The Chiefs waited eight years for him to blossom, and thatís long enough."

Hey, I guess that means we only have to give Bartee two more years to blossom. That should probably be long enough to decide whether or not he was worth a 2nd rounder.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/03/07/rand_chiefs_weather_the_stormfor_now/

Wow, a 7th round safety was supposed to become a Pro Bowl corner? That's mighty high expectations.

I guess the Chiefs don't have to worry about this years draft since Terdell, Harts, Rodriguez, King and Pile should be Pro Bowl caliber this year.

shaneo69
03-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Hey Jon, the Rams just signed the best DT on the market and are still $15 mil under the cap.

Meanwhile, Carl's in the down year of his "every other year" cycle. The goal here is to maintain our non-playoff team roster.

Fish
03-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Wow, a 7th round safety was supposed to become a Pro Bowl corner? That's mighty high expectations.

I agree.... but the fact is we were just about paying him like a pro bowl corner...

Who is the bigger dissapointment? Warfield for not blossoming into a pro bowl corner? Or the Chiefs for paying him like he was one?

CoMoChief
03-07-2006, 03:55 PM
I dont think he meant it like that. He meant that we had a good enough team to make the playoffs, we were just a few plays away from making it. Although I dont think Warfield was the biggest part of our problems, like the DL is, he was getting paid waaaaaay more than what he was worth. Barber is the same way. McCleon should pay us money for sucking so damn bad every game. Stills is just a situational player (ST's). There really isnt anything lost here.

We can build the secondary through the draft, hopefully Tye Hill can fall to us but thats stretching it. I wish we had money to sign DE Abraham, because he said he would play for Herm. We must address the DL through the draft. DT Brunkley from FSU would be nice in the 2nd round if he's there. I think we should go after CB Kelly Jennings in the 3rd round if he's there.

This team isn't far from being great. The defense will be top 5 in a couple seasons, bank on it. By then some players on the offense will be gone but in the next draft we will have to focus on the offensive line and safeties. WR is another concern in a couple years as well.

Mecca
03-07-2006, 03:59 PM
By the time that defense has the talent to be top 5 most of the offense will be retired......

Fire Me Boy!
03-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Man, I can't wait for Kris Wilson to blossom!!! He's such a stud already!