PDA

View Full Version : Any Plumbers out there?

rageeumr
03-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Got a stupid question for someone with some plumbing knowledge. I am in the early stages of finishing my basement and I am trying to get some of my mechanical planning out of the way. I have a 3/4" water line coming into the house and to the water heater. 3/4" braches coming from the water heater to a couple of different areas. Then the lines step down to 1/2" when they near the fixtures. From what I can tell, there are 2-3 fixtures per set of 1/2" lines. My question is this: How many fixtures can I realisticly put on a 1/2" line before I see some hinderance in performance. The lines that run to the general area I am putting the bathroom and wet bar serve a bathroom (single sink and toilet). Would I be ok to add another toilet, bathroom sink and bar sink to that line? I realize that a lot depends on length of pipe and usage, so all three fixtures are within a 10' radius and they will be used pretty sparingly I would say. I am asking because I have the PEX lines and I would like to stick with that for simplicity sake. I bought the 1/2" crimper, and for another $120 I am trying to stay away from buying the 3/4" crimper if I don't have to. My instinct tells me I would be better served spending the money and tying back into the 3/4" line, but I thought I would get some advice.

Phobia
03-07-2006, 09:31 PM
I would say yes, you're okay. But I'm not a plumber. You should only use my "yes" as a last resort.

Wanna sell the PEX crimper after your job is done?

Skip Towne
03-07-2006, 09:35 PM
You only have to know three things to be a plumber. 1. Shit won't run uphill 2. The boss is a son of a bitch 3. Payday's Friday

rageeumr
03-07-2006, 09:37 PM
I would say yes, you're okay. But I'm not a plumber. You should only use my "yes" as a last resort.

Wanna sell the PEX crimper after your job is done?

As soon as I sell it, I'm sure I'll need it again (probably to fix something I didn't do right the first time) :) But if you ever need it for a week or six, I'd be glad to let you use it.

ROYC75
03-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Any Plumbers out there?

Usually you can find him in Denver but since it is the off season, I would look at the funny farms, good luck.