PDA

View Full Version : Bonds is a fraud!

Halfcan
03-07-2006, 11:06 PM
New book to outline drug use. When he broke the record-he was on so many roids it is sad really. Baseball record books are a joke if Barry is allowed to keep the HR record. Barry will never be considered the best-just a cheater, drug user, and fraud.

Halfcan
03-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Sorry-Server was busy and didn't see the other Bonds thread.

Baseball sucks.

KSU_Chief
03-07-2006, 11:18 PM
I am 24 and the only baseball I know turns out to be all fraudulent. I love the game of baseball, but the players I grew up liking will always be skeptically looked upon. That is what sucks.

Dunit35
03-07-2006, 11:21 PM
The home run tv show for Bonds needs to be stopped.

hawkchief
03-07-2006, 11:31 PM
McFly - is anyone serioiusly surprised by this "news"? Have you also heard that Pete Rose gambled on baseball?

Bonds, McGuire et al are lying jackasses, and along with the greed of the entire cast of MLB have simply furthered the demise of a once-great sport. Unless they take action and rid the record books of these nonsensical 70+ HR seasons, the sport will never enjoy any relevance again.

Dunit35
03-07-2006, 11:33 PM
McFly - is anyone serioiusly surprised by this "news"? Have you also heard that Pete Rose gambled on baseball?
Bonds, McGuire et al are lying jackasses, and along with the greed of the entire cast of MLB have simply furthered the demise of a once-great sport. Unless they take action and rid the record books of these nonsensical 70+ HR seasons, the sport will never enjoy any relevance again.

OMG...he did????????????

Mecca
03-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Of course I could point out at the time that Bonds broke that record baseball didn't have steroids listed as a banned substance for their game....

Dunit35
03-07-2006, 11:43 PM
Of course I could point out at the time that Bonds broke that record baseball didn't have steroids listed as a banned substance for their game....

It's still cheating...

Mecca
03-07-2006, 11:45 PM
I honestly don't care that he used roids, taking roids may have made him hit more HR's. But it didn't improve his plate discipline or make him hit the ball or see it better. It's not like football where just being a big imposing physical person can make you better.

hawkchief
03-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Mecca,

Many of us enjoy baseball in large part due to its history and records. For losers like Bonds to obliterate the game's measuring stick for his own personal glory is BS. Bottom line - without steroids he isn't even close to Ruth or Aaron.

PS - Thanks for your cpntributions to the girlie thread! It is much appreciated and extremely high quality.

SBK
03-08-2006, 12:06 AM
My final word, what's the difference between a homerun that barely clears the fence or one that lands in the cove?

He still had to hit the ball, which is the hardest part.

Logical
03-08-2006, 12:10 AM
My final word, what's the difference between a homerun that barely clears the fence or one that lands in the cove?

He still had to hit the ball, which is the hardest part.Exactly, every generations athletes have found a way to enhance their performance (or at least they believed it did). This whole controversy over roids is all because when they were first used proper techniqes to maintain health while using them were not yet known so they could harm a person. Now that is not true, make them legal and stop this non-sense.

Katipan
03-08-2006, 12:25 AM

He still had to hit the ball, which is the hardest part.

Thats not the scenario anyone cares about.

Tell me the difference between a double and a 3rd or 4th row homerun.

greg63
03-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Bonds=bad. :shake:

ROYC75
03-08-2006, 12:33 AM
I honestly don't care that he used roids, taking roids may have made him hit more HR's. But it didn't improve his plate discipline or make him hit the ball or see it better. It's not like football where just being a big imposing physical person can make you better.

This is true, but it does give the player added strength. Added power in a swing does produce a harder point of impact with the bat, makes the ball travel farther.

He's a cheater..........

Roger Maris and Hank Arron are still the kings in my book.

HolmeZz
03-08-2006, 12:37 AM
He's definitely a cheater and an ass as a person, but he was still a great player before the steroid use. No denying.

ROYC75
03-08-2006, 12:40 AM
Exactly, every generations athletes have found a way to enhance their performance (or at least they believed it did). This whole controversy over roids is all because when they were first used proper techniqes to maintain health while using them were not yet known so they could harm a person. Now that is not true, make them legal and stop this non-sense.

Morally, It's still cheating Jim. But one must keep in mind that the game has changed. Bats are harder now, balls are harder, they fly farther.

Look at golf, the technology has changed that game so much, it's not even fair to compare players of yesterdays to players of today.

Athletes today are bigger, quicker and more athletic than ever before. Why does one have to cheat to get an edge.

Many will say the roids were not illegal then, but are now.

KCJake
03-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Barry Bonds is an incredible athlete juiced or not. If you are going to sit and bash him than you need to quit watching football, baseball, tennis, the olympics and a whole lot of other sports bcuz nowadays everyone is stepping up their game with some type of pharmaceutical. If you think I am way off base here, you need to get in touch with reality. Money makes you do a lot of extra things to get ahead, and there is a whole lot of money on the pro level of most sports. To crucify this guy and say his records don't mean shit bcuz he used juice is horseshit. Just bcuz your favorite baseball player isn't huge doesn't mean he isn't using some type of stimulant or aas to be better. Pro sports are a business nowadays, deal with it, and all that it brings, and move on please.

Babe Ruth prolly did Cocaine and Opium, a lot of regular people did in the 1900's. There was no FDA until the 1930's, and these treatments were available from apothecaries. Mickey Mantle was an alcoholic and used it as an ergogenic aid to kill the pain of a hectic road schedule. Brett Favre chewed Vicodins like crazee. Team doc's dispense these drugs like candy. What ever it takes. Demonize Bonds but Mac's record is tainted too.

NJ Chief Fan
03-08-2006, 12:51 AM
i stopped caring for baseball a couple years ago, its rather easy to recognize players who have used roids and a bunch of them play for what use to be my favorite team the yankees. i stopped watching baseball when the yankees got gay-rod... add to that they already had juice heads like giambi and sheffield. i was pissed when the yankees traded my favorite yankee soriano for that juice head and despised the organization for that, i even routed for boston to beat them the year the sox won the ws just cause i never want to see gay-rod win a title

Scorp
03-08-2006, 12:57 AM
What about Mark McGuire?(sp) That guy was juiced as well. Nobody gets that big without being juiced. What about his record? Should it stand? Don't even try to tell me McGuire(sp?) wasn't juiced.........he wouldn't even comment about himself in front of congress.

Katipan
03-08-2006, 12:57 AM
Baseball testing isn't anywhere near as strict as Olympic testing. Tennis testing is so strict players are banned for YEARS for violations.

I like the idea that money makes people do bad things. I wonder how far I can use that excuse in life.

Halfcan
03-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Comparing stimulants and pain killers to roids is just silly. Steroids allow a faster recovery time, and changes their complete muscle structure. If you let the Roids players keep their records-better let the Blacksox players and Pete Rose off the hook as well.