PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana users...

el borracho
03-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Inspired by another thread. I am curious how many marijuana users grow their own dope? I am also curious why someone would be a marijuana user and not simply grow their own dope so if anyone wants to elaborate in a subsequent post, feel free.

Seriously, wouldn't it be easier, more cost-efficient and run less legal risk to just have a grow light in your house as opposed to going to a dealer?

StcChief
03-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Buddy did it years ago (before kids). Turned out well.

I know a guy with the $1500 low power grow lites etc.

The electric bill is the tip off.. as in the previous thread today.

Ah...the good old days....

el borracho
03-07-2006, 10:55 PM
One light is enough to tip off police? I find it hard to believe that the cops are out there monitoring everyone's electric bill each month looking for any irregularities.

edit: And even if the cops did see an irregularity in an electric bill, that still shouldn't equal probable cause to search a private property, should it?

Taco John
03-07-2006, 11:00 PM
One light is enough to tip off police? I find it hard to believe that the cops are out there monitoring everyone's electric bill each month looking for any irregularities.

You find THAT hard to believe?

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-07-2006, 11:01 PM
One light is enough to tip off police?

No, but it's not worth the hassle just to have a couple of plants for yourself. Plus most pot smokers don't have the ambition to do it anyway.

CoMoChief
03-07-2006, 11:01 PM

edit: And even if the cops did see an irregularity in an electric bill, that still shouldn't equal probable cause to search a private property, should it?

Some departments have those heat reading machines that read a certain amount of heat inside a house.

Taco John
03-07-2006, 11:03 PM
“An indoor-grow case takes a little time, whether its checking electric or water bills or other information,” Loop said. “We tend not to hurry because we want to do it right, be correct and have a case that will be able to lead to a conviction.”

http://www.news-tribune.net/apstorysection/local_story_357135035.html

StcChief
03-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Must overtime before starting, build up your bill....

No irregularites and go on budget billing even out over a year. AVG monthly...

NOT rocket science

but I don't smoke it, gave it you years ago.

el borracho
03-07-2006, 11:05 PM
You find THAT hard to believe?
yes. Has anyone ever heard of the police monitoring electric bills for irregularities?

Taco John
03-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Seems ridiculous to me that in America, it's illegal to grow a plant.

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-07-2006, 11:08 PM
yes. Has anyone ever heard of the police monitoring electric bills for irregularities?

I suppose the power company could tip-off the police on any huge increases.

Taco John

Uh. Yes. I've heard of it at least 100 times if I've heard of it once. It's pretty common practice.

Next, the cops check with PGE to see if the home has unusual electric bills. Defense lawyers claim that their clients lose no matter what the police find.

"If you have high power usage, they use that as evidence of a marijuana grow," Cooke says. "If you have low power usage, it means you’re stealing electricity, and that’s evidence of a marijuana grow."

http://www.marijuananews.com/marijuananews/cowan/repeat_after_me_no.htm

Count Zarth

Just get some plastic marijuana....

Taco John
03-07-2006, 11:09 PM
CARLSBAD, Calif. (AP) - When police noticed Dina Dagy's family was spending $250 to $300 a month on electricity, they suspected a marijuana farm was flourishing under high-intensity lights inside their suburban home.

What they found when they showed up with a drug-sniffing dog and a search warrant was a wife and mother who does several loads of laundry a day, keeps a dishwashing machine going, has three electricity-guzzling computers and three kids who can't remember to turn the lights out when they leave a room.

"It's hard to believe a high utility bill would be enough to issue a state warrant," said Dagy, who is demanding the Police Department issue a written apology.
Authorities say they have already apologized verbally several times and were only following proper procedures. Tracking down marijuana growers by reviewing electricity bills, they say, is a common practice.

"I understand they feel something isn't appropriate here, but it is very much consistent with how search warrants are prepared," said police Lt. Bill Rowland.

When authorities noticed how high the bill for the Dagy home was, they sent a police dog to the neighborhood, and it reacted as though it had smelled drugs.

They also noticed the family had put its trash out that morning, something police say drug growers often do to hide the evidence. In the Dagys' case, however, it was trash day.

When officers returned on March 19 with a search warrant, Dagy was volunteering at her son's second-grade class. She was heading back to her car when police arrived at the school, and she returned home and let them into the house.

el borracho
03-07-2006, 11:09 PM
“An indoor-grow case takes a little time, whether its checking electric or water bills or other information,” Loop said. “We tend not to hurry because we want to do it right, be correct and have a case that will be able to lead to a conviction.”

http://www.news-tribune.net/apstory..._357135035.html

Well, there you go, I guess. I still have to imagine that the police only check electric bills if they already have reason to do so. There is just no way that the police are monitoring everyone's electric bill every month, every year. And even with a spike in electricity usage, wouldn't they need more to actually search a residence? It just seems to me that one would have to be doing more bad guy stuff than just growing however many plants it takes for private use.

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-07-2006, 11:12 PM
If you have low power usage, it means you’re stealing electricity,

How the hell can someone steal electricity? You'd have to be a nutcase to try to tap into a power line.

Taco John
03-07-2006, 11:13 PM

http://www.news-tribune.net/apstory..._357135035.html

Well, there you go, I guess. I still have to imagine that the police only check electric bills if they already have reason to do so. There is just no way that the police are monitoring everyone's electric bill every month, every year. And even with a spike in electricity usage, wouldn't they need more to actually search a residence? It just seems to me that one would have to be doing more bad guy stuff than just growing however many plants it takes for private use.

The police don't monitor them. The electric company does and turns the information over to the DEA.

Taco John
03-07-2006, 11:15 PM
New law targets marijuana grow operations
Canadian Press

The Ontario government has passed a new law meant to crack down on indoor marijuana growing operations in the province.

The law allows electricity distributors to cut power to homes where it's suspected residents are trying to grow pot, if they receive a court order to do so.

The law also doubles the maximum fines for tampering with electrical wiring, a common way of disguising the consumption of large quantities of power for a grow op.

In 2002, grow ops were estimated to have cost Ontario nearly $100 million.

The province says that as much as 85 per cent of these losses stem from large amounts of electricity stolen by grow-op operators to run hydroponic equipment.

The province also passed its fall budget bill today as the government tries to finish up paperwork before rising this week until mid-February.

el borracho
03-07-2006, 11:16 PM
The police don't monitor them. The electric company does and turns the information over to the DEA.
Wow. The things you learn on the internet. I would never have known that electricity usage was scrutinized this way. My first thought is "who pays for all this monitoring?" but I guess it is all done by computers these days which make it a cost effective monitoring system?

el borracho
03-07-2006, 11:19 PM
Out of curiosity, Is one light enough to provide for personal use? and is that one light enough to create a suspicious bill?

Taco John
03-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Wow. The things you learn on the internet. I would never have known that electricity usage was scrutinized this way. My first thought is "who pays for all this monitoring?" but I guess it is all done by computers these days which make it a cost effective monitoring system?

I heard several stories back in college about this sort of thing. The other thing the DEA does is fly over homes with infrared looking for abnormally hot areas of the house that might tip them off on a grow operation. I heard of a guy getting his massive grow operation in the attic of his house getting busted this way.

I only came across a couple of live plants in my time. I tried to keep as many degrees of seperation as possible. I was just a college kid looking for a good time. I didn't need to be in jail.

Taco John
03-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Out of curiosity, Is one light enough to provide for personal use? and is that one light enough to create a suspicious bill?

Heh. I'm sure you're asking all these questions for a "friend."

Here, I found this while researching this electric bill thing...

http://www.hightimes.com/ht/grow/content.php?bid=256&aid=4

QuikSsurfer
03-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Inspired by another thread. I am curious how many marijuana users grow their own dope? I am also curious why someone would be a marijuana user and not simply grow their own dope so if anyone wants to elaborate in a subsequent post, feel free.

Seriously, wouldn't it be easier, more cost-efficient and run less legal risk to just have a grow light in your house as opposed to going to a dealer?

it costs a lot of money to equip your house or spare room for growing or growing well :bonging:
i wouldn't grow in a house that you own or planned on owning. outdoor crop is a different story. penalty is far too high to risk getting caught.

QuikSsurfer
03-07-2006, 11:27 PM

... nevermind. i don't know what you're talking about. STFU

el borracho
03-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Heh. I'm sure you're asking all these questions for a "friend."

Here, I found this while researching this electric bill thing...

http://www.hightimes.com/ht/grow/content.php?bid=256&aid=4
ROFL No, not for a friend. I really am just curious because I saw someone in another thread complain about dope prices going up after a bust and I thought, "why wouldn't a pot-smoker just grow their own?"

Taco John
03-07-2006, 11:34 PM
ROFL No, not for a friend. I really am just curious because I saw someone in another thread complain about dope prices going up after a bust and I thought, "why wouldn't a pot-smoker just grow their own?"

Well, in some cases, if you get busted, the property that it happened on could become the possession of the Federal Government.

NJ Chief Fan
03-07-2006, 11:41 PM
buy a generator(sp) and power the lights off that

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-07-2006, 11:42 PM

Hehe, that was me. It was basically a joke because I've done a lot of bitching about gas prices going up every time there's the slightest interruption anywhere. As far as I know, pot prices have remained fairly steady for about a decade.

NJ Chief Fan
03-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Hehe, that was me. It was basically a joke because I've done a lot of bitching about gas prices going up every time there's the slightest interruption anywhere. As far as I know, pot prices have remained fairly steady for about a decade.

actually theyve dropped a bit, an 1/8 use to be bout 60 a couple years ago and now its bout 45...the prices went up a little after 9/11 but shortly after dropped at least in jersey thats how it was

Halfcan
03-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Uh. Yes. I've heard of it at least 100 times if I've heard of it once. It's pretty common practice.

Its on the news all the time, not to mention on 60 minutes-Mike Wallace flying over in a helicopter with a heat gun.

Also in case you havn't heard- Don Knotts and Kirby Pucket died-and Barry Bonds is on steroids.

Halfcan
03-08-2006, 12:16 AM
it costs a lot of money to equip your house or spare room for growing or growing well :bonging:
i wouldn't grow in a house that you own or planned on owning. outdoor crop is a different story. penalty is far too high to risk getting caught.

Finally you can chime in on your expertise.

alanm
03-08-2006, 12:35 AM
buy a generator(sp) and power the lights off that
One of the enlightened. :p
Also it doesn't hurt to be out in the country side away from prying eyes.

Spicy McHaggis
03-08-2006, 12:52 AM

Eh, America seems to have really screwy priorities. I don't smoke but I think people should be able to if they want. I'm going to stop now to avoid pushing this to the DC forum.

Rausch
03-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Can't add much here.

For whatever reason any time I combine alcohol and pot I throw up. A lot.

Non-****ing-stop.

Any amount of pot + (any amount) alcohol = BRRReeeeeeeeeCHHHHHHHHH!

I start with the foundation. The foundation to a good party night is beer. If it fits (or at least doesn't conflict) with beer we move foreward.

So far I've found shrooms and ecstacy don't pooter a good drunk.

Pot does...

CHENZ A!
03-08-2006, 01:56 AM
can't flush a plant down the toilet if need be(I ain't no pusher). also I'm not a botanist.... But I won't overpay, this ain't my first rodeo homeboy. ;)

Earthling
03-08-2006, 02:10 AM
How the hell can someone steal electricity? You'd have to be a nutcase to try to tap into a power line.

You can steal electricity by having a large coil apparatus next to, but not physically tapped into, power lines. Old Kansas farmers use to do it to avoid paying for electricity.

With the seizure laws that they have these days they can take your land, home, and whatever is on the property if any pot plants are growing on it. Its also up to you to prove that they are not yours. Not hardly worth it anymore.

alanm
03-08-2006, 02:28 AM
You can steal electricity by having a large coil apparatus next to, but not physically tapped into, power lines. Old Kansas farmers use to do it to avoid paying for electricity.

With the seizure laws that they have these days they can take your land, home, and whatever is on the property if any pot plants are growing on it. Its also up to you to prove that they are not yours. Not hardly worth it anymore.
Not being a old Kansas farmer I'm wondering just how they tapped into the electricity by being next to power lines? What kind of large coil apparatus? :hmmm: :shrug:

Rausch
03-08-2006, 03:09 AM
Not being a old Kansas farmer I'm wondering just how they tapped into the electricity by being next to power lines? What kind of large coil apparatus? :hmmm: :shrug:

Similar to a Tesla Coil.

A large copper bit of wire wrapped around.....eh.......I can be sued again?

Eh, look it up.

sedated
03-08-2006, 07:41 AM
I am also curious why someone would be a marijuana user and not simply grow their own dope?

I'd say the jail-time is the main reason.

me buying a bag will only get me a couple hours in a holding cell and a fine, maybe probation.

growing could get you 20 to life, depending on the state your in.

and going to a "dealer" isn't extremely risky, most dealers are simply someone's friend that has a godd hook-up. It's not the group of jamaicans in the park or some strange fat guy in a plain white van.

MOhillbilly
03-08-2006, 07:47 AM
yes, for many years it was a family affair.

Edit- i dont smoke or grow on any level anymore,im sick of that shit after 20+ years.

Skip Towne
03-08-2006, 07:47 AM
I'd much rather grow my own for quality purposes. But "they" won't let me.

jspchief
03-08-2006, 08:00 AM
"why wouldn't a pot-smoker just grow their own?"For the same reason that a corn eater doesn't. It's a pain in the ass, and probably not worth the expense in such small amounts.

Seriously. You think growing would be easier than buying from a dealer? It's been a very long time since I bought any pot, but the way I remember it, it was easier than buying a candy bar at a convenience store.

Braincase
03-08-2006, 08:05 AM
If one needs it that bad, one should move to Humboldt.

MOhillbilly
03-08-2006, 08:05 AM
For the same reason that a corn eater doesn't. It's a pain in the ass, and probably not worth the expense in such small amounts.

Seriously. You think growing would be easier than buying from a dealer? It's been a very long time since I bought any pot, but the way I remember it, it was easier than buying a candy bar at a convenience store.

the product of homegrown anything is far superior. corn included.
and theres a certain amount of pride. I know that when my grandpas garden was in full bloom it was something to behold. yeah its alot of work but its worth it.

Katipan
03-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Only way it would be worth it for the random recreational user is if they grew Kind. And thats just way too stinky.

Skip Towne
03-08-2006, 08:10 AM
Only way it would be worth it for the random recreational user is if they grew Kind. And thats just way too stinky.
It's obvious you've never grown before.

Katipan
03-08-2006, 08:16 AM
You're brilliant.

sedated
03-08-2006, 08:20 AM
i would definitely grow if it was legal.

i hear the product is magnificant, can't get anything like it without growing yourself.

the bought stuff is all kiefed and smashed into a bag, pissed on by cocky canucks.

...but I enjoy my freedom too much.

RedThat
03-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Can't add much here.

For whatever reason any time I combine alcohol and pot I throw up. A lot.

Non-****ing-stop.

Any amount of pot + (any amount) alcohol = BRRReeeeeeeeeCHHHHHHHHH!

I start with the foundation. The foundation to a good party night is beer. If it fits (or at least doesn't conflict) with beer we move foreward.

So far I've found shrooms and ecstacy don't pooter a good drunk.

Pot does...

You combine alcohol with pot? :eek:

Wow. OOOOooooooouuuuuuchhhhh! That's crazy.

ROFL you're one crazy mofo Rausch

Then again...... :hmmm: it's not that bad. I've done it before. Mind you, I never got tanked, and smoked weed....I couldn't do both, probably die....wouldn't even wanna torture my body because both drinking and smoking weed is incredibly hard on your body.

*my advice is just stick with the beer. That's what I would do. I agree. The foundation to a good party night is beer. You can't go wrong. If you wanna party, beer is the way to go.

But, if you wanna chill, relax from a hard day, smoke the weed. It is good though to keep both separated. :thumb:

Skip Towne
03-08-2006, 08:23 AM
You're brilliant.
Yes, yes I am.

Rain Man
03-08-2006, 08:26 AM
The results of this poll show the whole problem with America today. People aren't self-sufficient any more.

Katipan
03-08-2006, 08:34 AM
The results of this poll show the whole problem with America today. People aren't self-sufficient any more.

I think it's a better representation of our wonderful barter system and ingenious pot aquiring abilities.

Liiiiiiiike buying a QP to sell a couple ounces so you smoke for free.
Trading vicodins or xanax for a bag.

You see a lack of self sufficiency. I see a dark hidden world of whispered trades and deals.

StcChief
03-08-2006, 08:37 AM

The thief.. drills a tiny hole under the plastic glass cover, put thin steel rod dragging against the monitor wheel so it registers low.

Has to remember to remove the rod, knows when the meter reader come by. Pretty stupid, doesn't save much $20/mo.

Loki
03-08-2006, 08:39 AM
It's obvious you've never grown before.
huh?! :spock:

dude, when those plants are in bloom, there is NO WAY you can
eliminate or even mask the odor. it's very strong.

i've grown in and outdoors before when i was a lot younger (and
stupid). the penalties for getting caught growing are extremely tough.
long mandatory jail sentences, plus they will sieze pretty much
everything you own... house, cars, assets, etc.

it's up to you to prove that you didn't finance your purchases with drug
revenues... you're pretty much fighting a losing battle.

despite the fact that the quality of growing your own can be better than
what you buy, the risks are not worth it. caught with a bag, slap on the
wrist. caught growing plants, say goodbye to everything you own...
(including your freedom).

Rain Man
03-08-2006, 08:40 AM
I think it's a better representation of our wonderful barter system and ingenious pot aquiring abilities.

Liiiiiiiike buying a QP to sell a couple ounces so you smoke for free.
Trading vicodins or xanax for a bag.

You see a lack of self sufficiency. I see a dark hidden world of whispered trades and deals.

No, no. That's fantasy football.

MOhillbilly
03-08-2006, 08:46 AM
i would definitely grow if it was legal.

i hear the product is magnificant, can't get anything like it without growing yourself.

the bought stuff is all kiefed and smashed into a bag, pissed on by cocky canucks.

...but I enjoy my freedom too much.

yes you can get homegrown like bud though it will likely cost you 100$+ a qt retail.

Skip Towne
03-08-2006, 08:46 AM

YOU"RE telling ME about growing dope?

Skip Towne
03-08-2006, 08:49 AM
yes you can get homegrown like bud though it will likely cost you 100$+ a qt retail.
You can buy it by the quart?

MOhillbilly
03-08-2006, 08:52 AM
The thief.. drills a tiny hole under the plastic glass cover, put thin steel rod dragging against the monitor wheel so it registers low.

Has to remember to remove the rod, knows when the meter reader come by. Pretty stupid, doesn't save much $20/mo.
or you could just put a magnet on the meter.

MOhillbilly
03-08-2006, 08:53 AM
You can buy it by the quart?lids?(long before my time)
you know wtf im talkin about.

Rain Man
03-08-2006, 08:54 AM
I think you guys are in a dying market. Meth is the growth market of the future. You should be getting out of agriculture and into chemicals.

MOhillbilly
03-08-2006, 08:55 AM
I think you guys are in a dying market. Meth is the growth market of the future. You should be getting out of agriculture and into chemicals.

to late, that time has come and passed.

Skip Towne
03-08-2006, 08:56 AM
We just need bigger tractors.

sedated
03-08-2006, 08:59 AM

oh, i know.

i don't buy that mexican ditch sh!t

but it still isn't the same as the homegrown, it's gone through too many hands to be the same.

Rain Man
03-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Can you vertically integrate? Can you perhaps grow your marijuana plants and then raise hallucinogenic toads in the irrigation pools? That could change the whole financial dynamic.

Brock
03-08-2006, 09:00 AM

Actually, if you have fewer than 100 plants, you're not subject to federal minimum mandatories or seizures. 100 plants or more is considered distribution. Obviously, state laws vary by state.

Also, it's been my experience that 2 or 3 plants isn't going to smell up the entire house.

MOhillbilly
03-08-2006, 09:03 AM
oh, i know.

i don't buy that mexican ditch sh!t

but it still isn't the same as the homegrown, it's gone through too many hands to be the same.

your connections dont sound all that great.

Skip Towne
03-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Actually, if you have fewer than 100 plants, you're not subject to federal minimum mandatories or seizures. 100 plants or more is considered distribution. Obviously, state laws vary by state.

Also, it's been my experience that 2 or 3 plants isn't going to smell up the entire house.
You are correct about the smell not permeating the entire house. I also used small exhaust fans to move the smell under the house. That covers it up beautifully. Even the skunk stuff.

RedThat
03-08-2006, 12:15 PM

Yes, yes, and yes. It is one thing to get caught smoking dope, and having it on you. The consequences paid are not as severe.

But, if "THEY" catch you growing plants in your house, your FOOKED! Where I am, they have the right to take away your house, practically all your assets....everything! I know this, because I've seen it happen to a buddy of mine. He got caught. His ex-wife ratted him out. For whatever reason, I don't know. All I know is, he had several DEA agents investigate his house. They handcuffed him, took him away and his weed. He had to appeal in a court of Law. They f*cked him large man. They took away all his assets including his house. He even had to serve mandatory jail time, and on top of that, provide some community service work around the community.

It is not worth it to grow weed. To smoke it, is one thing. But to grow it, and sell it, you're asking yourself for trouble. If you grow it inside your house with a hydroponic lamp, your just making yourself a target. I do believe that the "cops" monitor your electric bills, I can see that. Just so they can get suspicious enough to do a check in your house. That's what I believe anyways. Cops are just on the lookout doing their job. So they have every right. I don't blame them.

It is probably best to grow outside or not at all. Place the pot in a spot where nobody could imagine. Like maybe in a forest or something. BUT NEVER in your house.

FYI, they document everything you do. Your right, it is a losing battle. They have you on record, everything....Even ALL your total income statements...So if you came up with cash(under the table) from dope that you sold to pay off your assets or even the mortgage on your house, they'll know. For sure.

*Growing and selling dope is not worth it. The last thing you need to see is your hard earned assets and freedom taken away by the cops.

RedThat
03-08-2006, 12:20 PM

Why?

They're doing their job man. It is no different than them clocking you for a speeding ticket. They're just on the lookout, doing their job. Trying to catch criminals. They have every right to monitor what you're doing.

mike_b_284
03-08-2006, 12:23 PM
may have already been said

Possesion = misdemenor, county jail

Cultivation = Federal felony, leavenworth penitentiary

RedThat
03-08-2006, 12:23 PM

Seems ridiculous to me how they can legalize "booze" and not Marijuana. When "booze" is just as lethal if not worse for your health.

Bwana
03-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Finally you can chime in on your expertise.

LOL, exactly what I was thinking. I figured old burn out would have all the answers.

CosmicPal
03-08-2006, 12:33 PM

During Reagan's War on Drugs period, I remember reading this article about a farming couple in Kansas. The wife was a schoolteacher and if I recall correctly, the father was in the medical profession. The had a small farm- grew their own veggies and raised their own livestock. They had four children. But, they also had another thing- their own patch of ganja growing admist their veggies. They liked to smoke weed. They didn't sell it, they just grew it for themselves and smoke it.

Well, they got busted.

Both parents were sent to prison 'cause they had a couple of minor offenses in their past and at the time minimum mandatory sentencing was a big thing. The family was disrupted, they both lost their jobs, the children had no parents and they lost the farm.

They weren't hurting anyone. And instead of two people who put a lot of their tax dollars into the system, we were now forced to have our tax dollars spent on them.

Some of you will say they deserve it, but c'mon- really?

Brock
03-08-2006, 12:36 PM

Might have already been said, but it's not correct.

MOhillbilly
03-08-2006, 12:39 PM

would you expect anything less from potheads?

sedated
03-08-2006, 12:44 PM
your connections dont sound all that great.

it's a fact.

if I grow it myself, it goes through only my hands.

if someone in canada grows it, he touches it, then his US imported touches it, then my local guy touches it. and that's a bare minimum.

the more hands it goes through and longer distance it travels, it's going to lose potency.

sedated
03-08-2006, 12:46 PM

how is that not true?

get busted in johnson county with under an oz, some time in holding cell and pay a fine.

get busted with plants growing, you've got the DEA after you, tapping your phone and house, watching you, harrassing your friends.

which part is incorrect?

mike_b_284
03-08-2006, 12:50 PM
how is that not true?

get busted in johnson county with under an oz, some time in holding cell and pay a fine.

get busted with plants growing, you've got the DEA after you, tapping your phone and house, watching you, harrassing your friends.

which part is incorrect?

Yes, please enlighten us with your infinite wisdom.

Iowanian
03-08-2006, 01:25 PM
I only came across a couple of live plants in my time. .

I guess thats ONE way to keep your friends from smoking your dope....but its a pretty strange place to throw a load.

Sicko.

Iowanian
03-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Outdoor growers should sleep easy.....

MJ has its own spectral band that shines like the sun with Infared and Near IR satalite imagery and aerial flights. They're able to pretty easily determine say.....a hooch plant in the middle of an acre of horse weed.

Thermal imaging is what they're using to bust people inside their homes....due to the heat from the lights.

Brock
03-08-2006, 01:32 PM
how is that not true?

which part is incorrect?

I think I already explained it.

Mandatory minimum sentencing kicks in at 100 plants. At that point, it is considered distribution.

You'd have to be a complete dope to think you're going to prison for a couple of plants.

SLAG
03-08-2006, 01:34 PM

MJ has its own spectral band that shines like the sun with Infared and Near IR satalite imagery and aerial flights. They're able to pretty easily determine say.....a hooch plant in the middle of an acre of horse weed.

Thermal imaging is what they're using to bust people inside their homes....due to the heat from the lights.

Not with Dr. Green Thumb's Sizzeline Screen!

:thumb:

el borracho
03-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Wow. I had assumed that people were just too lazy to grow their own stuff but it looks like there are way too many legitimate concerns to make it worth the effort.

On a (not so) side note, what a collosal waste of time and energy to keep people from smoking dope. I am in serious disbelief.

Skip Towne
03-08-2006, 01:42 PM

Why do you post shit like this when you don't know wtf you're talking about? It's one reason people don't like n00bs.

sedated
03-08-2006, 02:12 PM
I think I already explained it.

Mandatory minimum sentencing kicks in at 100 plants. At that point, it is considered distribution.

You'd have to be a complete dope to think you're going to prison for a couple of plants.

I knew a guy that was growing 1 plant.

his maintenance guy "stumbled" upon it when he was searching the guy's apartment.

a bunch of cops and suits were in his apartment when he came home one night. so he left and never went back.

the DEA started harrassing everyone he knew, following them around, pulling them over to search their cars and interogate them.

for 1 f*cking plant.

I doubt you'd get just a slap on the wrist for growing 99 plants.

sedated
03-08-2006, 02:13 PM
who here is a lawyer? Baby Lee?

now I wanna know the penalties, since you guys are so sure it's nothing.

Brock
03-08-2006, 02:16 PM

his maintenance guy "stumbled" upon it when he was searching the guy's apartment.

a bunch of cops and suits were in his apartment when he came home one night. so he left and never went back.

the DEA started harrassing everyone he knew, following them around, pulling them over to search their cars and interogate them.

for 1 f*cking plant.

Oh, yes. Here we go with the "There's this guy I know" BS.

Nobody said the penalty was nothing, Mensa. Just that you aren't getting sent to Leavenworth, as that other genius said.

Skip Towne
03-08-2006, 02:17 PM

for 1 f*cking plant.

I'm not buying the DEA got involved over one plant. There has to be more to it than that.

SLAG
03-08-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm not buying the DEA got involved over one plant. There has to be more to it than that.

The Secret Service Gets Involved over one fake $5 Bill

go bowe
03-08-2006, 02:44 PM
You combine alcohol with pot? :eek:

Wow. OOOOooooooouuuuuuchhhhh! That's crazy.

ROFL you're one crazy mofo Rausch

Then again...... :hmmm: it's not that bad. I've done it before. Mind you, I never got tanked, and smoked weed....I couldn't do both, probably die....wouldn't even wanna torture my body because both drinking and smoking weed is incredibly hard on your body.

*my advice is just stick with the beer. That's what I would do. I agree. The foundation to a good party night is beer. You can't go wrong. If you wanna party, beer is the way to go.

But, if you wanna chill, relax from a hard day, smoke the weed. It is good though to keep both separated. :thumb:pussies!!

i've been drinking and smoking pot since before i can remember...

[obligatory i've been doing this since before you were born]

i find that if you do both at the same time, you might choke on your beer or swallow some smoke, but it's all good [is that what they say these days?]...

BIG_DADDY
03-08-2006, 02:46 PM

for 1 f*cking plant.

My sister is a federal agent. She said they will not get involved for less than 100 pounds or 100 plants. They are starting to really focas on Meth now.

MOhillbilly
03-08-2006, 02:46 PM
pussies!!

i've been drinking and smoking pot since before i can remember...

[obligatory i've been doing this since before you were born]

i find that if you do both at the same time, you might choke on your beer or swallow some smoke, but it's all good [is that what they say these days?]...

its the most sure fire way to get spun.

sedated
03-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Oh, yes. Here we go with the "There's this guy I know" BS.
Nobody said the penalty was nothing, Mensa. Just that you aren't getting sent to Leavenworth, as that other genius said.

in this case it's legit, since I was one of the friends getting harrassed.

I don't know if it was DEA or what (they weren't wearing the neat jackets like in the movies) but they were detactives of some kind.

that's the other thing about pot-heads - we're paranoid.

ENDelt260
03-08-2006, 05:56 PM
actually theyve dropped a bit, an 1/8 use to be bout 60 a couple years ago and now its bout 45...the prices went up a little after 9/11 but shortly after dropped at least in jersey thats how it was
Sucks to live in Jersey.

Bwana
03-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Sucks to live in Jersey.

The sun sets in the west.

Katipan
03-08-2006, 06:04 PM
beer and pot just makes me sleepy.

ENDelt260
03-08-2006, 06:05 PM
The sun sets in the west.
Just wanted to contribute something that wouldn't get questioned and beat to death.

Skip Towne
03-08-2006, 06:05 PM
The Secret Service Gets Involved over one fake $5 Bill
Are we talking about the Secret Service here? Your and idiot. Gowing less than 6 plants in Kansas is a misdemeanor. Do you really believe the feds will mess with a $250 fine? Smarten up!!

Bwana
03-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Just wanted to contribute something that wouldn't get questioned and beat to death.

Heh! no doubt. :D

seclark
03-08-2006, 07:30 PM
"I'm a midnight toker
I sure don't wanna hurt no one "

steve miller

Skip Towne
03-08-2006, 07:37 PM

You're close. MJ does have its own distinctive color but I'm not aware of any "spectroscope" than can pick out one plant in an acre of foliage. Sounds like an Iowanitale to me.

Nzoner
03-08-2006, 10:55 PM
On a related note I had a step-brother who got busted while we were in high school for growing a mj plant.Of course he only got busted by my stepdad but the dumbass had run two extension cords through the house leading directly to the closet he had the plant in. :rolleyes:

Taco John
03-08-2006, 11:10 PM
beer and pot just makes me sleepy.

It was always exactly the opposite for me... The combination made me last all night.

Ultra Peanut
03-08-2006, 11:13 PM
"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men." - Federal Bureau of Narcotics Chief Harry J. Anslinger, 1929

"Marijuana leads to homosexuality ... and therefore to AIDS." - White House Drug Czar Carlton Turner, 1986

Katipan
03-08-2006, 11:42 PM
It was always exactly the opposite for me... The combination made me last all night.

I think I love you

luv
03-08-2006, 11:44 PM
I think I love you
...so what am I so afraid of?

Sorry, first thing that came to mind.

el borracho
03-08-2006, 11:55 PM
"Marijuana leads to homosexuality ... and therefore to AIDS." - White House Drug Czar Carlton Turner, 1986
Wow. I must have stopped smoking just in time! I wonder how many more times I could have gotten stoned before I would have become gay and died of AIDS.

mike_b_284
03-09-2006, 12:01 AM
The second statute, 21 USC 841(a), reads in part:

"... [I]t shall be unlawful for any person knowingly or intentionally ... to manufacture, distribute, or dispense, or possess with intent to manufacture, distribute, or dispense, a controlled substance. ..."

Hence, cultivating one marijuana plant -- or even one marijuana seedling -- is considered a "drug trafficking crime."

The two less serious marijuana crimes in the statutes are "simple possession" and distributing marijuana for no remuneration.

Guru
03-09-2006, 12:05 AM
The two less serious marijuana crimes in the statutes are "simple possession" and distributing marijuana for no remuneration.

Remuneration

Way too big of a word for this board. ROFL

mike_b_284
03-09-2006, 12:09 AM
straight from statute verbage-

D) In the case of less than 50 kilograms of marihuana, except in the case of 50 or more marihuana plants regardless of weight, 10 kilograms of hashish, or one kilogram of hashish oil or in the case of any controlled substance in schedule III, such person shall, except as provided in paragraphs (4) and (5) of this subsection, be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not more than 5 years, a fine not to exceed the greater of that authorized in accordance with the provisions of title 18 or $250,000 if the defendant is an individual or $1,000,000 if the defendant is other than an individual, or both. If any person commits such a violation after one or more prior convictions of him for an offense punishable under this paragraph, or for a felony under any other provision of this subchapter or subchapter II of this chapter or other law of a State, the United States, or a foreign country relating to narcotic drugs, marihuana, or depressant or stimulant substances, have become final, such person shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not more than 10 years, a fine not to exceed the greater of twice that authorized in accordance with the provisions of title 18 or $500,000 if the defendant is an individual or $2,000,000 if the defendant is other than an individual, or both. Any sentence imposing a term of imprisonment under this paragraph shall, in the absence of such a prior conviction, impose a term of supervised release of at least 2 years in addition to such term of imprisonment and shall, if there was such a prior conviction, impose a term of supervised release of at least 4 years in addition to such term of imprisonment.

Guru
03-09-2006, 12:12 AM
straight from statute verbage-

D) In the case of less than 50 kilograms of marihuana, except in the case of 50 or more marihuana plants regardless of weight, 10 kilograms of hashish, or one kilogram of hashish oil or in the case of any controlled substance in schedule III, such person shall, except as provided in paragraphs (4) and (5) of this subsection, be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not more than 5 years, a fine not to exceed the greater of that authorized in accordance with the provisions of title 18 or $250,000 if the defendant is an individual or $1,000,000 if the defendant is other than an individual, or both. If any person commits such a violation after one or more prior convictions of him for an offense punishable under this paragraph, or for a felony under any other provision of this subchapter or subchapter II of this chapter or other law of a State, the United States, or a foreign country relating to narcotic drugs, marihuana, or depressant or stimulant substances, have become final, such person shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not more than 10 years, a fine not to exceed the greater of twice that authorized in accordance with the provisions of title 18 or $500,000 if the defendant is an individual or $2,000,000 if the defendant is other than an individual, or both. Any sentence imposing a term of imprisonment under this paragraph shall, in the absence of such a prior conviction, impose a term of supervised release of at least 2 years in addition to such term of imprisonment and shall, if there was such a prior conviction, impose a term of supervised release of at least 4 years in addition to such term of imprisonment.

headache :doh!:

mike_b_284
03-09-2006, 12:14 AM
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/21cfr/21usc/841.htm

Cultivation is a federal offense and if a judge were to see fit, you could be sentanced to a pennitentary for it. I don't think they would for one plant but I never said anything about one plant. The point is you get in more trouble for growing it than for buying it. **** off skip.

Skip Towne
03-09-2006, 05:58 AM
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/21cfr/21usc/841.htm

Cultivation is a federal offense and if a judge were to see fit, you could be sentanced to a pennitentary for it. I don't think they would for one plant but I never said anything about one plant. The point is you get in more trouble for growing it than for buying it. **** off skip.
Show me one person who has EVER gone to the pen for one plant. F*ck off yourself, punk.

MOhillbilly
03-09-2006, 06:54 AM
jesus half this thread reads like ignorant kids that have never been through the system.

way to gay it up.

Loki
03-10-2006, 07:37 PM
YOU"RE telling ME about growing dope?

classic...

i guess i forgot who i was talking to. sorry 'bout that encyclopedia
brown...

Katipan
03-10-2006, 07:40 PM
I may or may not be stoned.

Boozer
03-10-2006, 07:43 PM
I think I love you

Taco John has many ENDelt qualities...and vice versa.

ENDelt260
03-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Maybe you should smoke another bowl to be sure.

Loki
03-10-2006, 07:46 PM

i had 6 plants growing in hydro in a sealed space in the attick. i also had
two air ionizers going to kill the smell. didn't help much. just before harvest
you could smell them from in and outside the house.

skunky!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/de/Skunk.jpg/200px-Skunk.jpg

Loki
03-10-2006, 07:56 PM
You're close. MJ does have its own distinctive color but I'm not aware of any "spectroscope" than can pick out one plant in an acre of foliage. Sounds like an Iowanitale to me.

"Why do you post shit like this when you don't know wtf you're talking about? It's one reason people don't like n00bs."

btw skip. iowa is right.

Over-Head
03-10-2006, 08:16 PM
I am :D

Katipan
03-10-2006, 08:19 PM
I am :D

I'm too stoned to drive, but not stoned enough for munchies. :D

Skip Towne
03-10-2006, 08:21 PM
"Why do you post shit like this when you don't know wtf you're talking about? It's one reason people don't like n00bs."

btw skip. iowa is right.
No he isn't, dipshit. If they had something like that they could stop nearly all outside growing. They can't stop 10% of it.

Chiefs Express
03-10-2006, 08:24 PM
I suppose that if you have a wind generator that you might use for your electricity, or extra electricity that makes you a pot grower as well.

If someone was wanting to grow weed they would more than likely follow the handy dandy guide for growing your own. Gas powered generators, green houses, or mixing it in with the typical garden.

Regardless of the safeguards, if you are stupid you will be caught.

The funny thing is that I'm not reading any outrage into the fact that big brother has been watching the illegal drug industry for years and not one of you have blamed it on Bush or the Patriot Act.

Boozer
03-10-2006, 08:31 PM
No he isn't, dipshit. If they had something like that they could stop nearly all outside growing. They can't stop 10% of it.

Well, I know corn and wheat give off different IR readings, it wouldn't shock me that MJ had its own heat sig. It might not be different enough to show up unless you've got a field of it inside a field of wheat, but I can't be sure.

Skip Towne
03-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Well, I know corn and wheat give off different IR readings, it wouldn't shock me that MJ had its own heat sig. It might not be different enough to show up unless you've got a field of it inside a field of wheat, but I can't be sure.
I'm not completely up to date but the last I paid attention (2001) it took a pretty good sized patch to be detectable. (20 adult plants or so). And it is not heat (I don't think) but rather its own distinctive color, a very dark green. That, plus the fact that the MJ plants are getting water whether the adjacent weeds are or not since the pot is being tended. That makes it even greener.

Boozer
03-10-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm not completely up to date but the last I paid attention (2001) it took a pretty good sized patch to be detectable. (20 adult plants or so). And it is not heat (I don't think) but rather its own distinctive color, a very dark green. That, plus the fact that the MJ plants are getting water whether the adjacent weeds are or not since the pot is being tended. That makes it even greener.

I'm sure you know more about it than me, but I've seen maps generated by IR sats for the USDA showing different crops...and that was probably ten years ago. It's probably just a matter of resolution, and the "what newspaper are you reading" sats probably aren't used for domestic drug interdiction for small time growers.

Nzoner
03-10-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm too stoned to drive, but not stoned enough for munchies. :D

Brownies sound good

Skip Towne
03-10-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm sure you know more about it than me, but I've seen maps generated by IR sats for the USDA showing different crops...and that was probably ten years ago. It's probably just a matter of resolution, and the "what newspaper are you reading" sats probably aren't used for domestic drug interdiction for small time growers.
I really can't even imagine that the govt. would waste transponder space on a satellite to try to interdict MJ. Satellite time is unbelievably expensive. More than the gubment could ever recover from fines, seizures, etc.. When you say "IR sats" I don't know what you mean. Infrared? Satellites?

Boozer
03-10-2006, 09:22 PM
When you say "IR sats" I don't know what you mean. Infrared? Satellites?

Both. Satellites with infrared sensors.

Skip Towne
03-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Both. Satellites with infrared sensors.
I've never heard of such a thing. Not to say they don't exist but what would be their purpose? If it is detecting growing pot plants it is failing miserably. I'll PM you my email addy. When you get into private practice I may be able to help you with pot cases. Especially in Kansas.

Boozer
03-10-2006, 09:45 PM
I've never heard of such a thing. Not to say they don't exist but what would be their purpose? If it is detecting growing pot plants it is failing miserably. I'll PM you my email addy. When you get into private practice I may be able to help you with pot cases. Especially in Kansas.
"IR sensors" is really just a fancy term for "camera with film that is sensitive to the IR band of the electromagnetic spectrum."

WilliamTheIrish
03-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Well, in some cases, if you get busted, the property that it happened on could become the possession of the Federal Government.

The absolute most overt theft ever pulled by gov't.

Chiefs Express
03-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Why not legalize pot and tax the hell out of it?

Iowanian
03-10-2006, 10:35 PM

Skip...I know quite a bit about this particular topic. I'm here to tell you as a fact, that each plant reflects a band of the spectrum that is easily separated and identifiable. Its done every day for crops, forest inventory and health of vegetation.

If they can easily identify a Wet, dry, compacted, or diseased spot in a bean field, they can sure as hell identify pot. Well cared for MJ shows up particularly well.

Acres and Acres of MJ are identified, located, cut and burned by local sheriffs offices every year using very similar methods.

These images can be taken from satelites or from aircraft....infared, color IR, Near IR.....

http://www.fas.org/irp/ops/le/docs/gcip/appb.html

Half way down the page, is a pic of an image Skip
http://www.geoplace.com/gw/2001/0601/0601gtk.asp

Pack that in your pipe and smoke it.

Loki
03-10-2006, 11:27 PM
LOL !!!
classic sh*thead skip.
"Why do you post shit like this when you don't know wtf you're talking about?"

iowa is RIGHT you stupid f*cking jackass... it's called FLIR
same thing we use on all our attack helicopters and AC-130 gunships.

thanks for the neg rep too you little b*tch. skip can dish the bullsh*t out
but can't take it.

f*ckin' PUSSY...

Count Zarth
03-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Acres and Acres of MJ are identified, located, cut and burned by local sheriffs offices every year using very similar methods.

Burned, huh?

No wonder all those birds are smacking into windows.

Count Zarth
03-10-2006, 11:32 PM
"IR sensors" is really just a fancy term for "camera with film that is sensitive to the IR band of the electromagnetic spectrum."

I'm guessing it's all done by computer nowadays. They probably have special software.

Loki
03-10-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm not completely up to date

aint THAT the truth.

n00b...

Loki
03-10-2006, 11:35 PM
I've never heard of such a thing.

not a big surprise there...

"Why do you post shit like this when you don't know wtf you're talking about?"

Katipan
03-10-2006, 11:37 PM
I bet if you smoked more you'd be able to ignore his crotchety ways.

Loki
03-10-2006, 11:41 PM

i'm done with my hardcore smoking days, but i thank you for your concern
and sentiment.
:)

go bowe
03-11-2006, 11:28 AM
i'm done with my hardcore smoking days, but i thank you for your concern
and sentiment.
:)that's ok, i'll take up the slack... :D :D :D

Hydrae
03-11-2006, 11:40 AM
that's ok, i'll take up the slack... :D :D :D

Hey, no bogartin' allowed!

(Is that term still in use?)

Katipan
03-11-2006, 11:46 AM
I used it 3 days ago.

But I still say "awesome"

Over-Head
03-11-2006, 09:25 PM
No shit, worked for me ROFL

go bowe
03-11-2006, 11:37 PM
No shit, worked for me ROFLyou make me so damned jealous i can't see straight... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

why can't i get good pot? why can't i be a canadian? why can't i go and bring some back?

this sucks...

oh well, i'll just let it go...

and take a hit... :bong:

Phobia
03-11-2006, 11:45 PM
I used it 3 days ago.

But I still say "awesome"

Shit. Is "awesome" passe'?

ENDelt260
03-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Don't worry, Phil. You're over thirty... your wife's damn near forty. It doesn't really matter for you anymore.

Count Zarth
03-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Don't worry, Phil. You're over thirty... your wife's damn near forty. It doesn't really matter for you anymore.

Phil is in the 29-year old age bracket.

go bowe
03-12-2006, 01:19 AM
and what would you know about phil's bracket? :shrug: