PDA

View Full Version : Gunther off his rocker again

Douche Baggins
03-08-2006, 06:40 PM
More propaGUNda!

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/03/08/access_arrowhead_airing_it_out_with_gun2/

Skip Towne
03-08-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm glad we have a 24 year old fat boy, who has never played a down of football, to tell us when NFL coaches are "off their rocker". We are blessed.

ChiefsfaninPA
03-08-2006, 06:59 PM
You mean goscratchmybuttsomemore isn't a pseudonym that Rich Scanlon uses when he posts here.

Fruit Ninja
03-08-2006, 07:01 PM
More propaGUNda!

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/03/08/access_arrowhead_airing_it_out_with_gun2/

How about we just change coordinators every year til we get it right. yeah.

ZootedGranny
03-08-2006, 07:03 PM
If you fast forward to 12 minutes in, Gunther sets fire to Patrick Herb's face using only the sound of a scream.

Douche Baggins
03-08-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm glad we have a 24 year old fat boy, who has never played a down of football, to tell us when NFL coaches are "off their rocker". We are blessed.

It doesn't take a genious to see that Gunther is still the same nutcase he's always been. First he pimps Tinker Bell as the new pass rusher, now he's talking about Egypt.

Douche Baggins
03-08-2006, 07:05 PM
If you fast forward to 12 minutes in, Gunther sets fire to Patrick Herb's face using only the sound of a scream.

Using kindling from his ripped sleeves...

Skip Towne
03-08-2006, 07:07 PM
It doesn't take a genious to see that Gunther is still the same nutcase he's always been. First he pimps Tinker Bell as the new pass rusher, now he's talking about Egypt.
You are so much wiser than those who do this for a living. You should apply at One Arrowhead Drive. You should no longer deprive us Chiefs fans of your expertise. Please bless us.

Douche Baggins
03-08-2006, 07:08 PM
You are so much wiser than those who do this for a living. You should apply at One Arrowhead Drive. You should no longer deprive us Chiefs fans of your expertise. Please bless us.

Fine, don't listen to me. Listen to the myriad of OTHER fans on this site that recognize Gunther for what he is: A FRAUD.

Fruit Ninja
03-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Fine, don't listen to me. Listen to the myriad of OTHER fans on this site that recognize Gunther for what he is: A FRAUD.Why should we listen to other fans? Thats why they are fans because they arent good enough to play or coach in the NFL. Gun is in the NFL for a reason, cuase he knows football.

Bwana
03-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Fine, don't listen to me. Listen to the myriad of OTHER fans on this site that recognize Gunther for what he is: A FRAUD.
WE ARE DOOMED!!

NOT

ZootedGranny
03-08-2006, 07:17 PM
LOL @ Gunther's story about Tim Krumrie trying to break his wrist in a defensive line battle in the Arrowhead hallways.

FAX
03-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Regardless of your opinion of Gunther, I like the "in your face defense" concept. Acknowledges the needs in defensive line, too. That's a plus.

I think it's ironic that coaches complain about the media, yet they keep press clippings on the wall in their office. (You can see them in the background in Gun's picture in this link.)

By the way, what about those turkish all fours walking people, huh?

FAX

Skip Towne
03-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Fine!

jspchief
03-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Hey gochiefs, are you using that Realplayer alternative?

I thought you were the one thta linked it. For some reason I get a "cannot render file" message whenever I try to play Chiefs content now.

Douche Baggins
03-08-2006, 07:28 PM
I use the regular real player. Works fine.

stevieray
03-08-2006, 07:34 PM
I look forward to Blackmons, Krumries and Gibbs addition to the staff. I hope we see better play at the line and secondary.

I wonder what the "secret" move is that he was talking about.

FAX
03-08-2006, 07:55 PM
I wonder what the "secret" move is that he was talking about.

I don't know, Mr. stevieray, but I like the sound of it.

There is something to be said for Gun developing a "secret" plan in concert with the Herminator and some Hunt money.

FAX

Douche Baggins
03-08-2006, 07:57 PM
I think Gunther's "secret" is that the Chiefs want to draft a big corner. Maybe Michael Huff.

FAX
03-08-2006, 07:58 PM
So it's not really a secret then.

Darn.

FAX

Douche Baggins
03-08-2006, 08:01 PM
So it's not really a secret then.

Darn.

FAX

Only premium members can see that post so it's all good.

Chiefaholic
03-08-2006, 08:14 PM
More propaGUNda!

Sometimes I like reading your posts, then other times you remind me of Duh-nice. I just listened to the interview and didn't hear anything that made him sound incapable of bringing this defense back to where it was in the mid 90's. Now that Vermeil is gone, Gun is allowed to bring in the assistants that HE wants, not the guys he inherited. Give the man a damn chance befor you start calling for his head. I'de swear you didn't watch the NFL during the 90's when Gun actually had playmakers on the field capable of actually doing their job.

Douche Baggins
03-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Give the man a damn chance befor you start calling for his head.

WHAT? WHAT?

Gunther had two seasons!!!

Skip Towne
03-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Sometimes I like reading your posts, then other times you remind me of Duh-nice. I just listened to the interview and didn't hear anything that made him sound incapable of bringing this defense back to where it was in the mid 90's. Now that Vermeil is gone, Gun is allowed to bring in the assistants that HE wants, not the guys he inherited. Give the man a damn chance befor you start calling for his head. I'de swear you didn't watch the NFL during the 90's when Gun actually had playmakers on the field capable of actually doing their job.
Save it. Buttscratch has all the answers. He got them off the internet since he never has played a single down in real life.

SNR
03-08-2006, 08:20 PM
I think Gunther's "secret" is that the Chiefs want to draft a big corner. Maybe Michael Huff.Enough with the chitchat. I think the question on everyone's mind is how do his sleeves look?

Chiefaholic
03-08-2006, 08:24 PM
WHAT? WHAT?

Gunther had two seasons!!!

In my best Carl Peterson impersonation, STFU and STFD. I'm not going to argue facts with you. Gun came back to KC and was forced to use the players and coaches that were already there. Now, he's getting the staff in place that can teach his system. And a HEALTHY K. Bell in his second year of a new defensive scheme WILL play better than last season.

Douche Baggins
03-08-2006, 08:27 PM
In my best Carl Peterson impersonation, STFU and STFD. I'm not going to argue facts with you. Gun came back to KC and was forced to use the players and coaches that were already there. Now, he's getting the staff in place that can teach his system. And a HEALTHY K. Bell in his second year of a new defensive scheme WILL play better than last season.

Homer on. I wish htismaqe and sidewinder were around right now. They'd rip you a new one.

FAX
03-08-2006, 08:28 PM
And a HEALTHY K. Bell in his second year of a new defensive scheme WILL play better than last season.

I certainly hope you're right about KB, Mr. Chiefaholic. Gunther seems to have no illusions about the criticism Bell has received and remains solidly behind him as a player who can contribute. I would love to see Bell regain his seeminly lost ability to get to the enemy QB. That would be great.

FAX

SNR
03-08-2006, 08:32 PM
I WILL be curious to see what Gunther can do with a Derrick Johnson going into his second season after having had a full year's worth of football.

The linebackers could turn into something really special this year.

Douche Baggins
03-08-2006, 08:33 PM
I WILL be curious to see what Gunther can do with a Derrick Johnson going into his second season after having had a full year's worth of football.

Only if Gunther can stuff his pride on the shelf and start Fox at OLB.

Stinger
03-08-2006, 08:35 PM

Exactly, this time last year we were all calling for Kawika's head on a platter ... oh what a difference a year makes.

Chiefaholic
03-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Homer on. I wish htismaqe and sidewinder were around right now. They'd rip you a new one.

Why would I give a flying **** what they think? Facts are facts... Gunther Cunningham ran one of the most prolific defenses EVER in KC history in the mid 90's. Stop acting like the guy has never achieved anything in the NFL. Looks to me that the only "Fraud" here is yourself pretending to have a clue about building a defense.

tk13
03-08-2006, 08:37 PM
I like the attitude and aggressiveness Gun has brought back to the defense. That said, he's out of excuses. It's time to get the job done. If we're sitting in the bottom half of the league and everybody's making more excuses at this time next year, it's time for a change. Greg Robinson did a terrible job for three years but at least he didn't have 111 different excuses for everything that went on. Gun willingly came back here, no one held a gun to his head, no more excuses.

Chiefaholic
03-08-2006, 08:43 PM
I like the attitude and aggressiveness Gun has brought back to the defense. That said, he's out of excuses. It's time to get the job done. If we're sitting in the bottom half of the league and everybody's making more excuses at this time next year, it's time for a change. Greg Robinson did a terrible job for three years but at least he didn't have 111 different excuses for everything that went on. Gun willingly came back here, no one held a gun to his head, no more excuses.

Question is, will Carl spend the necessary money to bring in playmakers on the D-Line to get more pressure on the QB? Ty Law alone won't be sufficient if the opposing QB had all day in the pocket to find an open target.

milkman
03-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Why would I give a flying **** what they think? Facts are facts... Gunther Cunningham ran one of the most prolific defenses EVER in KC history in the mid 90's. Stop acting like the guy has never achieved anything in the NFL. Looks to me that the only "Fraud" here is yourself pretending to have a clue about building a defense.

Go back to those years and look at the standings.

His defenses were inconsistent, at best.

tk13
03-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Question is, will Carl spend the necessary money to bring in playmakers on the D-Line to get more pressure on the QB? Ty Law alone won't be sufficient if the opposing QB had all day in the pocket to find an open target.
Yeah but that's Gun's fault too. Carl told him to make a list last year, Gun did that, Carl got all the guys Gun wanted. We really turned over the defensive roster.

Most GM's would not do that. Gun was very lucky to get the guys he wanted. This defense is Gun's baby, not Carl, not Dick Vermeil, it's Gunther Cunningham's baby. Carl doesn't owe Gun jack squat.

Fruit Ninja
03-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Go back to those years and look at the standings.

His defenses were inconsistent, at best.Cause he gambles alot, but more time then not in his days the Defense came through. NO one is saying he is the best DC in history, but he does know how to coach.

milkman
03-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Yeah but that's Gun's fault too. Carl told him to make a list last year, Gun did that, Carl got the guy's Gun wanted. Most GM's would not do that. Gun was very lucky to get the guys he wanted. This defense is Gun's baby, not Carl's, not Dick Vermeil's, it's Gunther Cunningham's baby. Carl doesn't own Gun jack squat.

What that list really illustrates is that Gun hasn't adapted to the NFL's emphasis on offense.

Like his defensive scheme, he's slow to adjust.

milkman
03-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Cause he gambles alot, but more time then not in his days the Defense came through. NO one is saying he is the best DC in history, but he does know how to coach.

What it shows is that he was slow to make adjustments.

Chiefaholic
03-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Yeah but that's Gun's fault too. Carl told him to make a list last year, Gun did that, Carl got the guys Gun wanted.

Most GM's would not do that. Gun was very lucky to get the guys he wanted. This defense is Gun's baby, not Carl, not Dick Vermeil, it's Gunther Cunningham's baby. Carl doesn't own Gun jack squat.

Does Gun need a playmaker at DE..... Yes or No?

Do the Chiefs have the cap space to sign a legit pass rusher? Yes or No?

Will a pass rush from the front four make the jobs in the secondary easier?... Yes or NO

Another option would be to get bigger interior Linemen and use the 3-4 defense to take advantage of the size and speed of our LB's. It's just a matter of numbers and capable free agents on the market to fill the voids necessary.

tk13
03-08-2006, 08:56 PM
What that list really illustrates is that Gun hasn't adapted to the NFL's emphasis on offense.

Like his defensive scheme, he's slow to adjust.
Well, if we'd played like we did in 2004 maybe it would've been better. Gun's first year, he took Greg Robinson's defensive players and tried to play 1997 Chiefs football, man defense, blitzing all the time. Then he goes out and improves the secondary so he can rush the front seven, and we played a lot more soft zone and just rushed 3 or 4.

tk13
03-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Does Gun need a playmaker at DE..... Yes or No?

Do the Chiefs have the cap space to sign a legit pass rusher? Yes or No?

Will a pass rush from the front four make the jobs in the secondary easier?... Yes or NO

Another option would be to get bigger interior Linemen and use the 3-4 defense to take advantage of the size and speed of our LB's. It's just a matter of numbers and capable free agents on the market to fill the voids necessary.
Jared Allen is a playmaker at DE. We could use one more pass rusher. Well Carlos Hall could be that guy if he stayed healthy.

I'm not sure I disagree with your philosophy at all. My point was Gunther had the opportunity to fix that and he didn't. He was the one who chose to fix the back seven first. You can't field a team of 11 defensive free agents. Carl Peterson is not why our defense failed. And if it fails again this year, it still won't be Carl's fault.

stevieray
03-08-2006, 08:59 PM

I agree, he is out of excuses, this year he has the caoches and players he wanted.

I'm excited. Pressure's on.

tk13
03-08-2006, 09:02 PM
I agree, he is out of excuses, this year he has the caoches and players he wanted.

I'm excited. Pressure's on.
Yeah, I'm not saying he can't. I think it's possible. But it's time to get it done for sure.

FAX
03-08-2006, 09:04 PM
The bottom line is that we HAVE to find a way to get pressure on the enemy QB. Regardless of the scheme (4/3, 3/4), that has to happen in order for things to improve.

Finding a consistent, impact rusher at the DE position in the draft or through FA is a possible solution. Or, perhaps, a DT who can tie up the middle of the line forcing double teams.

But, it may also be possible to get last year's players to improve in this respect. That, after all, is why coaches get paid. I believe that Gun can do it because he's done it in the past. But he has to prove it again with these players. I don't think our defense can be substantially improved this year through the draft or FA alone. Our existing players have to step it up.

FAX

Chiefaholic
03-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Jared Allen is a playmaker at DE. We could use one more pass rusher. Well Carlos Hall could be that guy if he stayed healthy.

I'm not sure I disagree with your philosophy at all. My point was Gunther had the opportunity to fix that and he didn't. He was the one who chose to fix the back seven first. You can't field a team of 11 defensive free agents. Carl Peterson is not why our defense failed. And if it fails again this year, it still won't be Carl's fault.

Obviously none of us know the details of player contracts. But, it's possible that prorated signing bonuses wouldn't have allowed the Chiefs to release the players Gun didn't want last year. It's obvious where the problem's at, now it's up to Lamar to pony up the cash necessary to bring in a legit playmaker on the line. Then if they added a respectable CB to play alongside Surtain, we'de be set.

Logical
03-08-2006, 09:10 PM
First I hate the defense Gun is now running so that is strike 1.

2nd we need to quality defensive lineman, one quality safety, one good cornerback, and one linebacker who can play consistently opposite of DJ on the downs when it is not obvious they are going to pass. That is a hell of a lot to expect to overcome.

Finally for a new coaching staft to gel and end up on the same page with all those player requirements to fill just seems like too much to overcome.

I am not the least bit optimistic in a significantly improved defense and I expect the offense to drop down to around 15th in the league and even lower in scoring under Herm's system.

Stinger
03-08-2006, 09:12 PM
I am not the least bit optimistic .

Well thats a shock

SNR
03-08-2006, 10:01 PM
First I hate the defense Gun is now running so that is strike 1.

2nd we need to quality defensive lineman, one quality safety, one good cornerback, and one linebacker who can play consistently opposite of DJ on the downs when it is not obvious they are going to pass. That is a hell of a lot to expect to overcome.

Finally for a new coaching staft to gel and end up on the same page with all those player requirements to fill just seems like too much to overcome.

I am not the least bit optimistic in a significantly improved defense and I expect the offense to drop down to around 15th in the league and even lower in scoring under Herm's system.Supposedly Herm said he's not touching the offense kind of like DV stayed away from defense.

So we should expect an even larger collapse :banghead:

Halfcan
03-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Don't bitch about Gun, when there are still plenty of guys on D we should cut. Carl is to blame!

milkman
03-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Don't bitch about Gun, when there are still plenty of guys on D we should cut. Carl is to blame!

Cutting Gunt would have gone a long way toward getting the right guys on defense.

He;s the guy that wanted/wants "Tinker" Bell, converted him from a 3-4 inside LB to a 4-3 outside LB, and now wants to convert him to rush end.

GENIOUS!

Halfcan
03-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Its just Carl telling Gun he is stuck with Bell, and make him earn some of that money back-just like Sims. If it works, and Bell improves at all-Carl will take all the credit for signing him in the first place.

milkman
03-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Its just Carl telling Gun he is stuck with Bell, and make him earn some of that money back-just like Sims. If it works, and Bell improves at all-Carl will take all the credit for signing him in the first place.

While I believe that Carl is ultimately responsible for failure, I also believe he relies far more on his coach's input than most seem to.

If Gunt had gone to Carl and told him that he made a mistake with Bell, Bell, more than likely, would not now be a Chief.

Gunt probably told Carl that he can still make Bell a player for the Chiefs.

Spicy McHaggis
03-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Only if Gunther can stuff his pride on the shelf and start Fox at OLB.

He seemed really up on Fox. I think Gun would love to have Keyaron healthy and on the field as a starter.

Rausch
03-09-2006, 12:00 AM

It's not his fault.

He's German, his loins are burning...

Fruit Ninja
03-09-2006, 12:30 AM
What it shows is that he was slow to make adjustments.To me it shows he has a shitty Dline.

Fruit Ninja
03-09-2006, 12:33 AM
Cutting Gunt would have gone a long way toward getting the right guys on defense.

He;s the guy that wanted/wants "Tinker" Bell, converted him from a 3-4 inside LB to a 4-3 outside LB, and now wants to convert him to rush end.

GENIOUS! He wantsBell to kinda do it all. Thats what you should expect out of ANY PLAYER. Can Gun make him into what he thinks he can? who knows, he did it with Bullock and Kawikka. Only time will tell.

keg in kc
03-09-2006, 12:35 AM
It's not his fault.

He's German, his loins are burning...Being german is what makes my loins burn? Really?

And all this time I though it was one of those 'gifts that keeps on giving" from my ex.

Fruit Ninja
03-09-2006, 12:44 AM

I'm not sure I disagree with your philosophy at all. My point was Gunther had the opportunity to fix that and he didn't. He was the one who chose to fix the back seven first. You can't field a team of 11 defensive free agents. Carl Peterson is not why our defense failed. And if it fails again this year, it still won't be Carl's fault.I think Gun actually thought that the front 7 would put more pressure on the qb. Sims/hicks/browning/dalton Didnt put any pressure on shit. I think he beleived they would step up. It didnt happen. Sometimes shit just doesnt pan out.

Rausch
03-09-2006, 02:31 AM
More propaGUNda!

You must be on crack.

Not only is this the first PC Gun has done in years that made sense but it definitely gut me pumped...

royr17
03-09-2006, 03:54 AM
Im not givin up on Gun yet, I know I know, excuses, but hey give him another chance, he didnt have the coaches he needed, the coaches he had ran a different style approach of defense compared to what he runs.

He finally got the coaches he needed, but IMHO this is his last chance, if it doesnt work with the change of coaches then it was all Marty Shottenheimer doin for the defense they had in the 90's.

Douche Baggins
03-09-2006, 06:24 AM
You must be on crack.

Not only is this the first PC Gun has done in years that made sense but it definitely gut me pumped...

Gunther's done nothing but spout PropaGUNda in every article where he's quoted in the KC Star the last two seasons.

Also, he stays in his "bunker" or whatever for two seasons and now suddenly there's a big article about him and this trash on kcchiefs.com.

Does Gunther feel like he's accomplished something all of a sudden?

I have a feeling we will be seeing more and more PropaGUNda this offseason.

Douche Baggins
03-09-2006, 06:25 AM
he didnt have the coaches he needed, the coaches he had ran a different style approach of defense compared to what he runs.

Not true.

Alphaman
03-09-2006, 06:47 AM

GENIOUS!

What we know for sure is that Gun knows NFL Linebackers. He converted DT to a rush end as well by the way. I'll trust Gun's assesment of Bell over anyone on this board.

htismaqe
03-09-2006, 07:46 AM
The excuses for Gunther continue.

He didn't have to take the job here -- the "coaches" excuse doesn't fly.

Carl Peterson went out and got EVERY player Gunther asked for last season -- the talent excuse doesn't fly.

In fact, none of the excuses fly.

BigChiefFan
03-09-2006, 08:00 AM
The excuses for Gunther continue.

He didn't have to take the job here -- the "coaches" excuse doesn't fly.

Carl Peterson went out and got EVERY player Gunther asked for last season -- the talent excuse doesn't fly.

In fact, none of the excuses fly.
We could have Bellichek as our D-Coordinator and or defense would still suck ass with the shitty defensive line we have. It's not an excuse, it's a fact.

Sims-hasn't even come close to living up to his potential, so far he's a bust.

Dalton-would be a back-up on most teams.

Browning-back-up, who hasn't done much in 3 plus years.

Wilkerson-role player, who doesn't even have a position. Is he a DE or a DT?

Hicks-decent player, who plays the run well. His pass-rushing skills suck.

Allen-great-pass-rushing skills, but a liability in the run game. The one bright spot on our D-line.

Freeman-will he even make the team?

Junior- so far he's a bust.

Hall-good pass-rusher, but he can't stay healthy.

Our D-line is definitely in the bottom half of the league.

I can't put ALL of the blame at Gunther's feet.

Douche Baggins
03-09-2006, 08:13 AM

Gunther loves him.

Gunther loves him.

Gunther REALLY loves him.

A Gunther draft pick!

One of Gunther's free agents!

True. Most of it though!

htismaqe
03-09-2006, 08:15 AM
We could have Bellichek as our D-Coordinator and or defense would still suck ass with the shitty defensive line we have. It's not an excuse, it's a fact.

Sims-hasn't even come close to living up to his potential, so far he's a bust.

Dalton-would be a back-up on most teams.

Allen-great-pass-rushing skills, but a liability in the run game. The one bright spot on our D-line.

Freeman-will he even make the team?

Our D-line is definitely in the bottom half of the league.

ROFL

Sims - Gunther told us all that Sims wasn't used correctly, that a 1-gap scheme would unleash him.

Hicks - here BECAUSE of Gunther. Again, did you conveniently forget how Gunther specifically said the Robinson (without naming any names) used Hicks wrong and Gunther was going to make him productive again?

Junior - Gunther's pick. Gunther said so after the draft.

Hall - Again, Gunther's choice. Because it came out of his mouth.

You CAN lay it all at Gunther's feet. HE is the one that said he could turn shit into chardonnay.

ROYC75
03-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Ya know, Rome wasn't built over night either ..........

Bottom line, many of us here were convinced we had quality players on defense for the last 8 years. Since the fall of Marty, we have literally sucked on defense. We actually saw the decline during the end of Marty.

Kurt and Robinson wasn't any real use. The 2003 defensive team was a fluke.

As for Gun getting new players, it's hard to take players from one scheme and put them into another scheme and expect them to do well. It takes time to learn and adapt to the different coverages.

Bell was a 1st year flop, tinker bell is a perfect name for him. Claiming he was healthy when he really wasn't.

I wasn't impressed with Surtain last year, nor Knight. Knight is old and slow, it showed big time last year.

I do think we have some good young players to work with. But our draft for years have been really sucky. It only has gotten better with the addition of LJ and DJ.

I think Sims was looking better, maybe he can re-sign to lower cap hit and grab another prominsing DT in the draft. Maybe pickup a solid DT in FA, look for a solid CB either in the draft or FA.

If (tinker ) Bell can produce a rush from the OLB or DE position, with Allen ...... maybe we can take a leap and bound jump from last years team.

Maybe ........ It takes time. It takes the right players as well .

BigChiefFan
03-09-2006, 08:52 AM
ROFL

You CAN lay it all at Gunther's feet. HE is the one that said he could turn shit into chardonnay.

Shit into chardonnay? LMAO-that's quality. I guess we all are in agreement that the D-line needs an upgrade.

htismaqe
03-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Shit into chardonnay? LMAO-that's quality. I guess we all are in agreement that the D-line needs an upgrade.

Yep, we all agree.

What we don't agree on is whether or not Gunther is the right person to oversee it.

royr17
03-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Not true.

Then tell me, why is basically all of the assistant defensive coaches gone ?

Those coaches were DV and GROB's choice, except for the LB coach from Oakland, and I believe he was just hired cause DV wanted him, DV would not give gunther what he needed for the defense.

Believe what you want, but this is what I believe, and hopefully will see a difference in the defense this year, now that gun finally has the defensive coaches he needs to run his defense.

Hydrae
03-09-2006, 12:53 PM
I think it's ironic that coaches complain about the media, yet they keep press clippings on the wall in their office. (You can see them in the background in Gun's picture in this link.)

FAX

If you look closely Mr. Fax, you will see that it appears those articles are all from the first few years of the franchises history when they were still playing in Dallas as the Texans. This is probably not Gun's office but a portion of the lobby or something.

I would not have even looked if you hadn't mentioned it though, kudo's to you!

stevieray
03-09-2006, 02:09 PM
If you look closely Mr. Fax, you will see that it appears those articles are all from the first few years of the franchises history when they were still playing in Dallas as the Texans. This is probably not Gun's office but a portion of the lobby or something.

I would not have even looked if you hadn't mentioned it though, kudo's to you!

It's a wall of Chief's history at the Pavillion at Arrowhead.

FAX
03-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Thank you Mr. Hydrae and Mr. stevieray. Having never stepped foot on the Arrowhead grounds, I assumed the interview was conducted in Gun's office.

I long for the day when I can tour the place. I short for it too.

FAX

htismaqe
03-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Then tell me, why is basically all of the assistant defensive coaches gone ?

Those coaches were DV and GROB's choice, except for the LB coach from Oakland, and I believe he was just hired cause DV wanted him, DV would not give gunther what he needed for the defense.

Believe what you want, but this is what I believe, and hopefully will see a difference in the defense this year, now that gun finally has the defensive coaches he needs to run his defense.

Well if what you believe is true, then Gunther really is a spineless, foot-shuffling porter.

He came back here and agreed to be the fall-guy for a defense that HE KNEW WOULD FAIL because of inept coaches he ALLOWED THEM to force on him.

Douche Baggins
03-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Well if what you believe is true, then Gunther really is a spineless, foot-shuffling porter.

Yeah but he's so likable!

phxchief
03-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Knowing defense and coaching it are two very different things.

FAX
03-09-2006, 02:53 PM
We all make compromises in life. I'm sure Gunther is no exception. Best laid plans and all that when he took this job.

Regardless of what has transpired over the last couple of years, now that Gun has the coaches he wants, a head coach who is both supportive and defensive-oriented, and the development of Mitchell, Johnson, et al. he should be able to improve the defense. Especially if we can get someone on the DL to help pressure the enemy QB. If he doesn't, he is frankly unworthy of wearing the Chiefs logo any further.

FAX