03-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Damn it.

Damn it damn it damn it.

mike_b_284
03-09-2006, 12:28 AM
What is battlestar Galactica?

SNR
03-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Now what are you going to masturbate to, Keg? Are the reruns as good as the new episodes?

keg in kc
03-09-2006, 12:32 AM
What is battlestar Galactica?
Something on friday nights that prevents me from having a social life.

keg in kc
03-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Now what are you going to masturbate to, Keg?Well, if the internet disappeared until october, that might be a problem, but I think I'm okay for now.Are the reruns as good as the new episodes?Most of the episodes I enjoy more the second time through. Not sure why.

Frazod
03-09-2006, 12:35 AM
Yeah, Friday's it. That sucks. This is far and away my favorite TV show, maybe ever.

Damn October. :cuss:

Guru
03-09-2006, 12:36 AM
ONe more 90 minute episode left this Friday though.

keg in kc
03-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Friday's supposed to be a doozy. I'm looking forward to it.

greg63
03-09-2006, 12:37 AM
ONe more 90 minute episode left this Friday though.

...And I'll miss it just like I did 24! :banghead:

Guru
03-09-2006, 12:38 AM

Time to change jobs. TV is just too important these days. :harumph:

keg in kc
03-09-2006, 12:39 AM
Oh, 24 was great. Especially the part where Jack shot the president in the head.

Frazod
03-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Oh, 24 was great. Especially the part where Jack shot the president in the head.

I wish. :grr:

keg in kc
You and me both, brother.

Frazod

TiVo

Frazod
03-09-2006, 12:41 AM
Christ, it's 1:40. I'm outta here. Later.

Guru
03-09-2006, 12:46 AM

Logan's gotta go. Make Mike pres. :hmmm:

greg63
03-09-2006, 12:58 AM
Time to change jobs. TV is just too important these days. :harumph:

Yep!

You and me both, brother.

...and me.

TiVo

...I wish.

kcfanXIII
03-09-2006, 01:23 AM
damn, at least its comin back. i was sick one friday, and watched the whole first season, right before they started a new one, and have been hooked ever since. great story lines, and unusally good acting for sci fi network.

Barrymore50
03-09-2006, 02:37 AM
There's a great show called DOCTOR WHO that is going to run in Battlestar's place for awhile--I highly recommend it! It's not as serious as Battlestar, but is very cool!

Braincase
03-09-2006, 05:33 AM
When Starbuck does ya, ya stays done...

http://www.bardsplayground.com/galactica/images/starbuck.jpg

Adept Havelock
03-09-2006, 06:05 AM
When Starbuck does ya, ya stays done...

http://www.bardsplayground.com/galactica/images/starbuck.jpg

:clap:

Count Zarth
03-09-2006, 06:45 AM
I've refused to watch this since the beginning. A female starbuck is simply WRONG.

beer bacon
03-09-2006, 06:47 AM
I've refused to watch this since the beginning. A female starbuck is simply WRONG.

You are really really missing out. You shouldn't let something stupid like that keep you from watching a great show.

Braincase
03-09-2006, 07:18 AM

Yeah... one of the best shows on TV, and a sci-fi show at that, but nope... star wars kid can't get past the fact that it's a remake (and better by 100x).

GO hug your vinyl Dirk Benedict doll and leave the real sci-fi to the big boys, junior.

BTW, Boomer's hot too... but she's a Cylon...

morphius
03-09-2006, 08:10 AM
The rumor that it may be going to NBC is a bit scary. They will move it around 5 or 6 times until nobody can find it and it will fall flat on its face.

Bowser
03-09-2006, 08:18 AM
The rumor that it may be going to NBC is a bit scary. They will move it around 5 or 6 times until nobody can find it and it will fall flat on its face.

Yeah, that doesn't need to happen. It will end up just like Firefly.

Frazod
03-09-2006, 08:22 AM

You're a tard. This is the best science fiction series ever.

And the new Starbuck could outfly, outfight and outdrink the old one.

unlurking
03-09-2006, 08:24 AM
There's a great show called DOCTOR WHO that is going to run in Battlestar's place for awhile--I highly recommend it! It's not as serious as Battlestar, but is very cool!
Yeah, I plan on checking this out next week. It all depends on who they have playing the Doc. The BBC episodes were either awesome, or shit based on the actor (much like the James Bond series IMO).

Bowser
03-09-2006, 08:25 AM
You're a tard. This is the best science fiction series ever.

And the new Starbuck could outfly, outfight and outdrink the old one.

Yep. Give it a shot, cheese. You'll be hooked.

The only time I had a hard time with a female Starbuck and an Asian female Boomer was in the miniseries way back when. Ever since, the story lines have been so good, you forget all about it.

morphius
03-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Yeah, that doesn't need to happen. It will end up just like Firefly.
Yeah, I didn't care much for Firefly when I first saw it originally, but last year when I had pnemonia I had a chance to see most of the episodes, and that show really did rock!

But as far as battlestar, I could see lots of people bitching about all the drinking, sex, torture, and smoking they do, then another group finding something else to bitch about, so the suits will try to weaken the show. Then it will go up against American Idol for network ratings and the bastards will start moving it around until it is just a network flop. Then they may try to move it back to SciFi, but a bunch of the regulars will leave the show and it will die a horrible death! AHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Morphius
I think I need help.

unlurking
03-09-2006, 08:29 AM
I kind of felt the same way during the mini-series.

Boomer and Starbuck chicks?!?! Col. Tye a drunk disgrace?!?!

But, after watching it, I was VERY impressed with both the acting and the updated storyline. The combat sequences were good as well. The only thing I want to see more of are the "old" cylons. I really like the new look to the tin cans, much more intimidating.

Oh yeah, and Grace Park is one seriously HOT chick!

Frazod
03-09-2006, 09:11 AM
The one thing I've noticed is that none of the "human" characters are particularly attractive - all the hot women are Cylons.

I wonder if that's some sort of statement on humanity. In any event, it does add another element of gritty believability to the characters. They tend to look tired and beat up.

Deberg_1990
03-09-2006, 09:47 AM
WHo would have ever thunk just a few years ago, that an old, cheesy SciFi show from the 70's that we all loved as kids, (which generally sucks, but im still nostalgic for it) would be reborn again as one of the best shows on TV?? Great, great show.....i love how they have taken elements of the orginal show and updated them.

IM still waiting for the remake of the "Gun on Ice Station Zero" episode. hahaha....

BTW, maybe Ron Moore can update "Buck Rodgers in the 25th Century" next?? hahah

Calcountry
03-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Damn it Carl!

Damn it Carl damn it Carl damn it Carl! :banghead:

I fixed your post. Please, try to remember where you are posting. :p

Calcountry
03-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Well, if the internet disappeared until october, that might be a problem, but I think I'm okay for now.Most of the episodes I enjoy more the second time through. Not sure why.I heard that Al Gore, inventor of the internet, was working on a secret plan to do just that. He was a bit angry at the lack of credit for his work.

Calcountry
03-09-2006, 10:13 AM
TiVoMy old Tivo broke, and I forgot to get a season pass for BG on the new one, so I missed the whole fuggin season. Dammit I need to get a life to keep me occupied or what?

Frazod
03-09-2006, 10:22 AM
My old Tivo broke, and I forgot to get a season pass for BG on the new one, so I missed the whole fuggin season. Dammit I need to get a life to keep me occupied or what?

The first half of Season Two has been on sale for several months. I would imagine the second half will go on sale shortly. So you should be able to get up to speed fairly quickly.

jspchief
03-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Anyone planning on watching Dark Kingdom (http://www.scifi.com/darkkingdom/)?

The previews look pretty good.

keg in kc
03-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Hold up.

What's this shit about it moving to NBC?

unlurking
03-09-2006, 01:44 PM

I'll check it out, buy not holding out any hope. The commercials I've seen look good, but not enough detail to tell.

jspchief
03-09-2006, 01:46 PM
I'll check it out, buy not holding out any hope. The commercials I've seen look good, but not enough detail to tell.A lot of Sci-Fi channel stuff has an overload of cheese. I'm hoping this one won't, but I'm not going to be suprised if it does.

keg in kc
03-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Rarely are any of the sci-fi movies or miniseries worth watching. The Battlestar Galactica mini was an exception, Taken was okay, the two Dune series were okay, but other than that they're b-movie turds.

I think the way they took a dump all over Earthsea about a year ago was maybe the last straw for me.

Adept Havelock
03-09-2006, 05:05 PM

I don't know. If it's based on Lawhead's Dragon King novels..probably not.

beer bacon
03-09-2006, 05:08 PM
A lot of Sci-Fi channel stuff has an overload of cheese. I'm hoping this one won't, but I'm not going to be suprised if it does.

I don't any hopes for it. It looks more in the vein of a Sci-Fi original movie rather then BSG.

Frazod
03-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Rarely are any of the sci-fi movies or miniseries worth watching. The Battlestar Galactica mini was an exception, Taken was okay, the two Dune series were okay, but other than that they're b-movie turds.

I think the way they took a dump all over Earthsea about a year ago was maybe the last straw for me.

I tried to watch that Dune miniseries. I was coping okay with the questionable casting, shoestring budget and retarded costumes (Saudaukar with chef hats?), but when Duncan Idaho was killed by a MISSILE :# that was it. Better than that ghastly Lynch movie, but still a sad butchery of a masterpiece.

Peter Jackson needs to direct Dune, and certainly not on a Sci-Fi Channel budget.

Count Zarth
03-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Peter Jackson needs to direct Dune, and certainly not on a Sci-Fi Channel budget.

That would be awesome.

I actually enjoyed Sci-Fi's Children of Dune. Dune, not so much.

Adept Havelock
03-09-2006, 05:57 PM
That would be awesome.

I actually enjoyed Sci-Fi's Children of Dune. Dune, not so much.

Children was great. Dune...eh. The kid they cast was OK as Paul, made a decent Maud'Dib. He was incredible as "The Prophet", IMO.

Duncan catching a missile pissed me off until I realized it was just as meaningless as his death in the novel.

Count Zarth
03-09-2006, 06:06 PM
He was incredible as "The Prophet", IMO.

Oh yeah. I really dug him in that role. The scene where he died was emotional stuff. I wonder what happened to him, I wanted to see him in more stuff.

Nightwish
03-10-2006, 07:47 PM
I, too, will miss BG through the summer, but I think Dr. Who will be a very cool substitute for the time being. I'm also eagerly awaiting the new season of SG-1. I think this new focus on Arthurian mythology is intriguing. The human-wraith alliance twist on Atlantis is kind of cool, but seems a bit too much like a rehash of the whole Klingon thing on Star Trek.

Bwana
03-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Old BSG = good

New BSG = the suck

Nightwish
03-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Old BSG = good

New BSG = the suck
I disagree. They're two very different shows. The old one was entertaining, but pure cheese. The new one is much more dramatic, with more plot twists and intrigue.

Bwana
03-10-2006, 07:58 PM
I disagree. They're two very different shows. The old one was entertaining, but pure cheese. The new one is much more dramatic, with more plot twists and intrigue.When the first one was on, I was in Jr high and Maren Jensen always made me feel funny in my pants. :hmmm: Nuff said Lepracon boy. :)

Guru
03-10-2006, 09:31 PM
What a frakkin ending!!! October is too far away.

Valiant
03-10-2006, 09:47 PM

1. babylon 5---still best sci fi series ever
2. firefly
3. farscape
4. smallville--- damn close to number 1.
5. stargate sg-1
6. stargate atlantis

earthsea was garbage

Valiant
03-10-2006, 09:50 PM
I, too, will miss BG through the summer, but I think Dr. Who will be a very cool substitute for the time being. I'm also eagerly awaiting the new season of SG-1. I think this new focus on Arthurian mythology is intriguing. The human-wraith alliance twist on Atlantis is kind of cool, but seems a bit too much like a rehash of the whole Klingon thing on Star Trek.

Did you watch the whole thing.. The wraith tricked them and are now headed to earth??? I am sure they will blow them all up before they get to earth but..

Nightwish
03-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Did you watch the whole thing.. The wraith tricked them and are now headed to earth??? I am sure they will blow them all up before they get to earth but..
Unfortunately, I posted before it got to that part.

Valiant
03-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Unfortunately, I posted before it got to that part.

Understandable, I kinda expected it...

keg in kc
03-11-2006, 12:15 AM
2. firefly
3. farscape
5. stargate sg-1
6. stargate atlantisI was never a huge fan of babylon 5. I've seen most of it, all the movies and the spin-off, but for the same reason I've watched a lot of star trek; there aren't many alternatives for genre tv.

Firefly and Farscape I'd put 2 and 3 behind the new battlestar galactica, but I'd reverse the order. Farscape was my favorite series ever until now.

Smallville is not a particularly good show. I watch it as a guilty pleasure, but I have no illusions about the fact that it's another WB teen soap opera, albeit set in a strange offshoot of the Superman universe. And Kristen Kreuk is hot, the real reason to watch.

I watch the stargates every week, good popcorn/leave-your-brain-at-the-door entertainment.

I'm still digesting tonight's finale. I knew what was coming and didn't like the idea. I don't know what this'll do to the show. It's a whole new series now.

Frazod
03-11-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm still digesting tonight's finale. I knew what was coming and didn't like the idea. I don't know what this'll do to the show. It's a whole new series now.

My TiVo missed the last minute :banghead: What happened right at the end?

keg in kc
03-11-2006, 12:18 AM
My TiVo missed the last minute :banghead: What happened right at the end?I don't know, same thing happened to me.

It's replaying right now on scifi, I set it to record an extra 5 minutes.

Frazod
03-11-2006, 12:21 AM
I don't know, same thing happened to me.

It's replaying right now on scifi, I set it to record an extra 5 minutes.

Yeah, us too. I guess I'll watch the last minute tomorrow.

I hope they get back in space. I really didn't care for the direction the show took tonight. At all. :spock:

keg in kc
03-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Well, they're still in space. It's just...weird.

I have no idea where they're going with this. Well, I have an idea, but I have a feeling it's not where they'll go.

Frazod
03-11-2006, 12:28 AM
I was very dissappointed by tonight's episode. Maybe something really cool happens in the last minute that will turn that around, but I doubt it. That "one year later" crap really put me off. Of course, I guess we'll get lots of flashbacks in season 3 to fill in the important details.

I was hoping it would be some cool cliffhanger like the Picard/Borg episode. Not even close. :shake:

Guru
03-11-2006, 12:30 AM
I was hoping it would be some cool cliffhanger like the Picard/Borg episode. Not even close. :shake:

All-time best ST:TNG episode.

Frazod
03-11-2006, 12:31 AM

Yep. That was a grueling six month wait, too. :banghead:

Nightwish
03-11-2006, 01:44 AM
I was very dissappointed by tonight's episode. Maybe something really cool happens in the last minute that will turn that around, but I doubt it. That "one year later" crap really put me off. Of course, I guess we'll get lots of flashbacks in season 3 to fill in the important details.

I was hoping it would be some cool cliffhanger like the Picard/Borg episode. Not even close. :shake:The last minute or so is the three human-type cylons walking into the room, telling how they found the planet by accident because they were a light year away when they detected a nuclear blast (the Cloud 9 exploding). They say that as long as there is no resistence, nobody will be harmed. Baltar surrenders to the cylons. Then the fade-out shot is of the Colonists lining the street while the mechanical cylons march in formation between them, along with a voice-over talking about how the cylons will resume their rightful role, taking care of the humans and showing complete kindness and mercy, ominously ending with the promise that their undying mercy will be matched by their complete power and control. I couldn't quite tell if it was the Sharon model saying it, or the Number Six model, but I think it was the Number Six model, because that destiny talk was always more her schtick than Sharon's.

I suspect that Sharon's baby is going to play a very big role, possibly some sort of Messiah figure, in the next season. I wonder if they'll name it Boxie?

keg in kc
03-11-2006, 02:11 AM
Boxie was in the miniseries. And the baby's name is Isis.

Lzen
03-11-2006, 07:56 AM
2. firefly
3. farscape
5. stargate sg-1
6. stargate atlantis

earthsea was garbage

-I loved Babylon 5, too. :thumb:
-Of course, I would have to add Star Trek(TNG, Enterprise, Voyager, DS9, as well as the original) in there.
-Firefly was good but died an early death. :(
-I've watched Stargate SG-1 since the beginning.
-BSG is quickly becoming one of my all time favorites.

Lzen
03-11-2006, 08:09 AM
Yeah, I did not like that settling on New Caprica angle they took and the 1 year later bit. However, with the cylons finding them, the BSG and Pegasus leaving, and President Baltar(ewww...saying that leaves a bad taste) surrendering, it leaves a lot of questions for us fans to ponder. 6 months is a long freakin' time. :banghead: At least October is better than January.

4th and Long
03-11-2006, 08:36 AM
"The Best oF Both Worlds" Parts I and II

Best episodes EVUH!!!

Count Zarth
03-11-2006, 08:39 AM
"The Best oF Both Worlds" Parts I and II

Best episodes EVUH!!!

I preferred Descent parts I and II.

I also enjoyed the hell out of that two-parter (may have been 3) with the cardassians capturing picard and shit...

4th and Long
03-11-2006, 08:40 AM
I preferred Descent parts I and II.

I also enjoyed the hell out of that two-parter (may have been 3) with the cardassians capturing picard and shit...
It was a 2 parter.

"THERE .. ARE ... FIVE ... LIGHTS!"

Count Zarth
03-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Cliffhangers suck ass, BTW. I WANT MY PLOTS RESOLVED NOW!!!

4th and Long
03-11-2006, 08:43 AM
Cliffhangers suck ass, BTW. I WANT MY PLOTS RESOLVED NOW!!!
Women will appreciate that kind of attitude in bed, Mr Instant Gratification. :shake:

Count Zarth
03-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Women will appreciate that kind of attitude in bed, Mr Instant Gratification. :shake:

It's not much of a plot if I know the...climax. :D

4th and Long
03-11-2006, 08:46 AM
It's not much of a plot if I know the...climax. :D
Your own climax doesnt count. :p

Adept Havelock
03-11-2006, 08:47 AM
From an interview with Ron Moore:

Apparently the Cylons’ offer in tonight’s finale to leave humanity alone, as voiced by Dean Stockwell’s new Cylon character, was a less than genuine one. But don’t worry about the Colonials too much – they do have the crews of the Galactica and the Pegasus looking out for them, of course.

“Adama and the Galactica and Pegasus are gone, and they’re sort of trying to get their act together to figure out a way to come back and rescue [the Colonials],” continues Moore. “And season three will start off in that world of the Cylon occupation.”

None of which is to say that Battlestar Galactica should be renamed Occupation New Caprica. No, never fear, for Adama, Roslin, and the rest of the gang will eventually resume their search for Earth. But the Cylons will continue to get plenty of screen time as well.

“We do eventually plan on getting them back out into space, and also another major thing that’s going to happen in the third season is we’re going to do an ongoing Cylon story where we’re going to be cutting over to the Cylon world for the first time and running a complete arc within the Cylon,” reveals Moore. “It’s still coming together, but [the occupation arc] will probably be three or four or five episodes… probably four episodes. We’re still kind of stroking out exactly how these kinds of things will fall, but I don’t think it will take quite as long as it took us to wrap up the arc at the beginning of the second season.”

The whole article is at:

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/3300/2/

unlurking
03-11-2006, 09:42 AM
I was never a huge fan of babylon 5. I've seen most of it, all the movies and the spin-off, but for the same reason I've watched a lot of star trek; there aren't many alternatives for genre tv.

I got into Babylon 5 late, but would have to agree. It was fun to watch, but it wasn't great. I think what I liked most about it, was that it was a very linear plot line, and since I got into it late, there was a good bit of material. Pretty much the same reason I look for 700+ page scifi/fantasy books that are part of a long series.

Firefly and Farscape I'd put 2 and 3 behind the new battlestar galactica, but I'd reverse the order. Farscape was my favorite series ever until now.

I'd agree with that, although nothing has beat out Farscape as my all time favorite (at least not yet). I would put BSG in front of Firefly, but if Firefly were given a longer run that might not be the case.

Smallville is not a particularly good show. I watch it as a guilty pleasure, but I have no illusions about the fact that it's another WB teen soap opera, albeit set in a strange offshoot of the Superman universe. And Kristen Kreuk is hot, the real reason to watch.

Ughh, WB. Never watched it and refuse to because it's a WB show.

I watch the stargates every week, good popcorn/leave-your-brain-at-the-door entertainment.

Definitely. I'm actually glad they were able to bring in some scapers on SG-1. Browder is hilarious, and I still get a warm fuzzy from Claudia Black.

This episode was rough. To be honest, I really did not like the season finale after first impressions. The fleet is so depleted crew wise, I don't see any way they can rescue the folks on the planet without 3rd party help. Maybe they do the clone episode next to restock the ranks? I don't know, but I'm afraid it was one of those "dream sequence" things and I HATE that kind of crap. Maybe another vision.

Anyway, I'd probably put the list as...

1. Farscape
2. BSG
3. Firefly
4. Babylon 5
5. Stargate SG-1
6. Stargate Atlantis

Over-Head
03-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Your own climax doesnt count. :p

Ba-da bing! ROFL

Mr. Laz
03-11-2006, 11:01 AM
i didn't read the thread because i was too afraid of seeing spoilers. I have the whole season on tivo. :)

but wanting until october seems like a long,long time to wait.

:shake: not good ... seems like shows that wait that long usually end up being cancelled. :(

Adept Havelock
03-11-2006, 11:10 AM
i didn't read the thread because i was too afraid of seeing spoilers. I have the whole season on tivo. :)

but wanting until october seems like a long,long time to wait.

:shake: not good ... seems like shows that wait that long usually end up being cancelled. :(

I don't see Sci-Fi cancelling their top-rated show.

At least, not before the end of the next season, at least.

Frazod
03-11-2006, 11:11 AM
i:shake: not good ... seems like shows that wait that long usually end up being cancelled. :(

I wouldn't worry about that. BG doesn't dick us around like other shows (namely LOST) and show a single new episode, then two reruns, then two new episodes, then three more reruns, etc. They do the entire season and then it's over until next year. That's the way all shows used to be.

I actually prefer it this way. Long wait, but no annoying little waits during the season.

Adept Havelock
03-11-2006, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't worry about that. BG doesn't dick us around like other shows (namely LOST) and show a single new episode, then two reruns, then two new episodes, then three more reruns, etc. They do the entire season and then it's over until next year. That's the way all shows used to be.

I actually prefer it this way. Long wait, but no annoying little waits during the season.

I just hope they keep to the 20 episode/season format, and don't try to stretch it. 1'st season (13 eps. or so) was very well written, with only a couple of clunky episodes. There were a few in 2'nd season, IMO.

Just keep the writers happy, and all should be well.

I'm curious how they are going to get out of this w/out a Deus Ex Machina.

beer bacon
03-11-2006, 03:30 PM
I just read a rumor that our very own John Welbourn has been dating the actress that plays Starbuck.

Adept Havelock
03-11-2006, 04:32 PM
I just read a rumor that our very own John Welbourn has been dating the actress that plays Starbuck.

Figures. She hooked up w/a ball player on the show, too.

Nightwish
03-11-2006, 04:47 PM
I just hope they keep to the 20 episode/season format, and don't try to stretch it. 1'st season (13 eps. or so) was very well written, with only a couple of clunky episodes. There were a few in 2'nd season, IMO.

Just keep the writers happy, and all should be well.

I'm curious how they are going to get out of this w/out a Deus Ex Machina.
I'm kind of thinking that Sharon's baby is going to serve as something of a Deus Ex Machina. I also anticipate that we might see some kind of cylon civil war, but who knows? It's wide open for a lot of possible angles.

Adept Havelock
03-11-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm kind of thinking that Sharon's baby is going to serve as something of a Deus Ex Machina. I also anticipate that we might see some kind of cylon civil war, but who knows? It's wide open for a lot of possible angles.

True. I'm still not sure about the baby subplot and where it's going, but between Stockwell's character (great dark comic relief, IMO) and the Caprica Six and Boomer...civil war just may be in the cards.

I still think that Leoben (the one Starbuck tortured) is a wild card.

I really hope they don't frak it up and try to move it to a mainstream network, or lose their good writers (apparently they share a few with the show House).

I was a little worried about the direction it was headed until the line:
"We'll do what we always do. Fight until we can't." :clap:

EJO needs to shave the 'stache.

Nightwish
03-11-2006, 04:56 PM
EJO needs to shave the 'stache.
I couldn't agree more! When I saw him walking through the Galactica with that thing in the one-year-later part, I just shook my head and said, "No, no, no, that thing's gotta go!" I think it did serve a purpose, though, to illustrate how lax the crew has become, along with Lee's somewhat ragged apearance, Starbuck's long hair, and the dialogue about not being able to round up pilots.

Adept Havelock
03-11-2006, 05:01 PM
I couldn't agree more! When I saw him walking through the Galactica with that thing in the one-year-later part, I just shook my head and said, "No, no, no, that thing's gotta go!" I think it did serve a purpose, though, to illustrate how lax the crew has become, along with Lee's somewhat ragged apearance, Starbuck's long hair, and the dialogue about not being able to round up pilots.

I'll agree. Plus, Cally's belly. Battered woman syndrome? ;) Seriously, the Chief is one of my favorites. Has been since the mini.

I think the "occupation arc" is going to be split between New Caprica, and the RTFF getting their act together for a rescue op. Possibly involving a return to the 12 colonies to scout for survivors and recruits.

I think we will also see Baltar assuming a more adversarial role along the lines of the original...just not as shallow or hokey as old John Colicos was.

Yes, I'm an old geek. :shrug:

Nightwish
03-11-2006, 08:03 PM
True. I'm still not sure about the baby subplot and where it's going, but between Stockwell's character (great dark comic relief, IMO) and the Caprica Six and Boomer...civil war just may be in the cards.I just hope the baby plot isn't a sacrificial lamb, something they build up then drop like a dead weight. Remember how that happened with the Dawn plot on Buffy? They made her out to have this amazing destiny ... then did nothing with it. Of course, that may have just been something that got lost in the transition from WB to UPN. Let's just hope that the BSG writers don't drop this one the same way.

They've also still never revealed what happened to Starbuck on "the farm." Was she cloned, so we'll see a skin-job version of her? Was she impregnated and the baby removed? :hmmm:

Nightwish
03-11-2006, 08:11 PM
I think we will also see Baltar assuming a more adversarial role along the lines of the original...just not as shallow or hokey as old John Colicos was.

I think they are going to treat him more as a conflicted tragic figure, similar to the way they are treating Lex Luthor on Smallville, as opposed to the stereotypical egomaniacal villain, ala the original series.

unlurking
03-11-2006, 08:33 PM
I think they are going to treat him more as a conflicted tragic figure, similar to the way they are treating Lex Luthor on Smallville, as opposed to the stereotypical egomaniacal villain, ala the original series.
However it happens that Baltar eventually goes over to the dark side, he needs a new "handler". Six is hot and all, but Lucifer was an awesome character. I just can't see any "human" model pulling off that same schtick between subserviance, loathing, and dark humor.

I really do miss interaction with the "intelligent" toasters. The human version is a cool twist, but I think they made them "too" human.

Uncle_Ted
03-11-2006, 08:43 PM
They've also still never revealed what happened to Starbuck on "the farm." Was she cloned, so we'll see a skin-job version of her? Was she impregnated and the baby removed? :hmmm:

I noticed last night that the first cylon they showed on NewCap was the Leoben model in Starbuck's tent searching for her. Also, earlier in the episode she talked about wanting to be shot rather than go back to the farm. So I'm guessing we'll find something out soon.

keg in kc
03-11-2006, 08:49 PM
I just want to know how the colonists got the crib from Baltar's dream at the end of season 1.

Count Zarth
03-11-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm going to take the plunge and check this out. How many seasons have they done? Two?

Nightwish
03-11-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm going to take the plunge and check this out. How many seasons have they done?Two full seasons, plus the 6-hour miniseries. And Richard Hatch, who played Apollo in the original series, has a recurring role as Tom Zarek, a former terrorist-turned-diplomat, in the new series. So far, he's the only original cast member that I've noticed.

Count Zarth
03-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Two full seasons, plus the 6-hour miniseries.

Is the six hour thing part of the first season?

Nightwish
03-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Is the six hour thing part of the first season?No, but it introduces it. The first season picks up where the miniseries leaves off, so it's as if it were part of it. There's no break in the continuity of the story. If you're looking for torrents, it is possible that some torrents will include the miniseries in a Season 1 torrent, but I'd imagine there would be something in the title to indicate that.

Count Zarth
03-11-2006, 09:18 PM
No, but it introduces it. The first season picks up where the miniseries leaves off, so it's as if it were part of it. There's no break in the continuity of the story.

Works for me.

BY YOUR COMMAND!

go bowe
03-11-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm going to take the plunge and check this out. plunging can be very revealing...

Nightwish
03-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Works for me.

BY YOUR COMMAND!
I think you'll like it. Most do, including people who were fans of the original. I liked the original a lot, but I love the new one. Just try not to be put off by some of the major changes they made, including:

Starbuck is a female
Boomer is Asian, and female ... and totally hot! The original was an African-American male.

Frazod
03-11-2006, 09:34 PM
If you purchase Season One, the miniseries is included.

Count Zarth
03-11-2006, 09:38 PM
If you purchase Season One, the miniseries is included.

torrentspy.com

morphius
04-05-2006, 09:43 AM
Saw that some guys have been working on a mod to Freespace 2 that will let you play BSG, looks really damn sweet so far, especially for people not getting paid to do this...

Here is the Trailer for the game:
www.game-warden.com/bsg/Video/BSG_Mod_Teaser.avi

Forum:
http://www.game-warden.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Lzen
04-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Saw that some guys have been working on a mod to Freespace 2 that will let you play BSG, looks really damn sweet so far, especially for people not getting paid to do this...

Here is the Trailer for the game:
www.game-warden.com/bsg/Video/BSG_Mod_Teaser.avi

Forum:
http://www.game-warden.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36

That looks really cool. So, where do you get this game?

morphius
04-05-2006, 11:15 AM
That looks really cool. So, where do you get this game?
It is still in development I guess, but it seems they are getting close. They have some 100mb downloads so you can see a bit more what it will look like. But I think you'd be able to get it from the forum when it is done.

Bowser
04-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Well that sucks. I can get the music, but not the video from the teaser trailer.

morphius
04-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Well that sucks. I can get the music, but not the video from the teaser trailer.
Sorry, for some reason I posted the Divx version instead of the Windows version...

Try this...
http://www.game-warden.com/bsg/Video/BSG_Mod_Teaser.wmv

morphius
picked a bad week to start sniffing glue.

morphius
04-05-2006, 01:00 PM
I read the FAQ at it appears the game will be free as well :D

4th and Long
04-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Holy Frack!