PDA

View Full Version : TO to KC??? Not my rumor

kczoo
03-09-2006, 03:58 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/03/09/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Jayhawkerman2001
03-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Craaaaaappppp.... lets hope its full of shit...

KSU_Chief
03-09-2006, 04:57 PM
If this goes down, I will call Peterson and lend my services to keep T.O. out of trouble. I will personally chaperone(?) him around town and make sure he is a good boy. We will frequent ice cream shops and Bed, Bath and Beyond. I will have him stay with my grandmother until he is ready to live on his own. She will keep him well fed, and out of trouble. I think this could work, I will talk to her soon.

58-4ever
03-09-2006, 04:59 PM
I like your sig., but it is ****ing huge!

KSU_Chief
03-09-2006, 05:02 PM
not that big on my computer, how do you shrink it?

58-4ever
03-09-2006, 05:04 PM
download.com, a program called IrfanView is excellent a resizing pics.

RickObie
03-09-2006, 05:05 PM
not that big on my computer, how do you shrink it?

Cold water always makes mine shrink!

Nightwish
03-09-2006, 05:16 PM
The question is, can the leopard change his spots? If he can control himself, he'd be a big asset. But I'm still inclined to think it would be a bad idea, but we could all be surprised. I know there was a lot of similar trepidation going around when we brought in Eddie Kennison, after the way he treated the Broncos, but he's turned into a pretty steadfast player. That said, though, I don't think we really need to change our receiving corps that much. Our receivers may not be top tier receivers, but they're generally adequate for the job, and our offense hasn't really suffered for it.

ENDelt260
03-09-2006, 05:16 PM
TO doesn't need a chaperone around town. That's Moss. TO just needs a muzzle.

ArrowheadHawk
03-09-2006, 05:21 PM
TO doesn't need a chaperone around town. That's Moss. TO just needs a muzzle.
someone should take out his vocal cords for the season then return them in the offseason

PastorMikH
03-09-2006, 05:21 PM
The question is, can the leopard change his spots? If he can control himself, he'd be a big asset.

I would imagine that TO will be fairly controlled at first, just like he was in Philly. But once he feels he is the goto guy for the team, he will start running his mouth and looking for pay increases. What he needs is for someone like Will Shields or TR to bust him in the chops everytime he starts getting lippy to keep him from ruining their last chance at a ring.

Sure-Oz
03-09-2006, 05:24 PM
He needs to gather the team concept and he can help dominate, we'll see what happens, i dont see much drama here though, we got so many playmakers here and if he really wants a ring he better stfu, in philly he was THE man to go to, here we have many options, he would help alot but would open up much more too.

bogie
03-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Along with TO comes publicity, most of it bad. I would like to think that he could come in here and change his spots. I have to agree with Pastor, he'll start off watching his p's and q's, but as soon as he starts shining he'll turn in to a dumb ass again. And then the Chiefs will be in negative head lines the rest of the season. I don't want him. Spend our money on the D.

Fruit Ninja
03-09-2006, 05:43 PM
sign em up!

FAX
03-09-2006, 05:46 PM
I think that TO has learned his lesson.

Bring him on. Green to TO for the touchdown!!! We'll outscore everybody and defense be damned!!

FAX

PastorMikH
03-09-2006, 05:46 PM
He needs to gather the team concept and he can help dominate, we'll see what happens, i dont see much drama here though, we got so many playmakers here and if he really wants a ring he better stfu, in philly he was THE man to go to, here we have many options, he would help alot but would open up much more too.

Heh, Heh...

Trent - "TO, I want you to take of for the endzone 80 yards away, I'll look for you about our 45 - OK? BREAK!"

Trent takes the snap, he drops back, it's a screen to LJ for 15 yards!

TO - "Trent, I was open!"

Trent "Oh, sorry about that TO, I saw that big gap for LJ and took it. Think you can do it again? OK, lets try it again I'll look for you at about their 40 okay? BREAK!"

Trent takes the snap, he drops back, pump fakes then hits TG down the middle for 20!

TO - [panting even harder] "Say Trent, I really juked that CB that time, I think I could have taken it to the house" [/panting even harder]

Trent - "Really! Think you can do it again? I look for you about the 20 - make sure you really light the burners this time though! BREAK!"

Trent drops back to pass, "say Marv, TO seems to be really slowing down out there" Trent surveys the field and hits Kennison down the left. Kennison fights his way down to the 2 yard line before he's brought down

TO - [can't cat his breath now]"Man [breath] Trent, [breath]I was [breath] WIDE open"[/can't cat his breath now]

Trent - "Yeah, I saw you at the last minute, but I was already in mid-release for EK. Tell you what TO, we haven't ran this play with you yet, but line up on the FAR right, run straight to the back right pylon, then cut and run as hard and fast as you can accross the back of the endzone. I'll pick you up on your crossing pattern. Don't worry man, Tony and I have hooked up on this play lots of times, it really works. BREAK!"

Trent drops back to pass, then hands the ball to LJ on the delay. LJ crosses the goalline untouched! Everyone is celebrating - except for TO who is over at the left rear pylon puking.

...Pan to sidelines. Trent walks over to TO (with Shields, Roaf, and Waters at his side) and speaks to TO as he sucks down O2 "Terrell, we can do this every play if you want. Lose the showboat attitude, focus on the rest of the team, and we'll give you the ball. Keep talking trash and you'll run lots of empty deep routes, 'Kay?"

:)

BigRock
03-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Everyone should be excited to know that after repeatedly claiming KC was the only real suitor for TO, Nick Athan now claims that it's "down" to two teams: KC and Dallas. Although I suspect his math is faulty, since he also mentioned Denver. And because he apparently doesn't know the difference between addition and subtraction, since going from "KC is the only team" to "KC & Dallas" is moving UP to two teams, not down to two teams.

Either way, we're gonna get TO!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PastorMikH
03-09-2006, 05:53 PM
In all honesty, all the talk about TO kinda makes me think of Hugh Douglass, Troy Vincent, and Ty Law. Guys that everyone says we'll end up with but in the end, they just used KC to get more pay elsewhere.

Will TO be this year's Hugh/Troy/Ty? We should find out in the next couple of months.

Fruit Ninja
03-09-2006, 06:00 PM
I just dont see anyway TO gets along with sack me every other down bledsoe. TO will blow a gasket.

redngold85
03-10-2006, 01:11 AM
Heh, Heh...

Trent - "TO, I want you to take of for the endzone 80 yards away, I'll look for you about our 45 - OK? BREAK!"

Trent takes the snap, he drops back, it's a screen to LJ for 15 yards!

TO - "Trent, I was open!"

Trent "Oh, sorry about that TO, I saw that big gap for LJ and took it. Think you can do it again? OK, lets try it again I'll look for you at about their 40 okay? BREAK!"

Trent takes the snap, he drops back, pump fakes then hits TG down the middle for 20!

TO - [panting even harder] "Say Trent, I really juked that CB that time, I think I could have taken it to the house" [/panting even harder]

Trent - "Really! Think you can do it again? I look for you about the 20 - make sure you really light the burners this time though! BREAK!"

Trent drops back to pass, "say Marv, TO seems to be really slowing down out there" Trent surveys the field and hits Kennison down the left. Kennison fights his way down to the 2 yard line before he's brought down

TO - [can't cat his breath now]"Man [breath] Trent, [breath]I was [breath] WIDE open"[/can't cat his breath now]

Trent - "Yeah, I saw you at the last minute, but I was already in mid-release for EK. Tell you what TO, we haven't ran this play with you yet, but line up on the FAR right, run straight to the back right pylon, then cut and run as hard and fast as you can accross the back of the endzone. I'll pick you up on your crossing pattern. Don't worry man, Tony and I have hooked up on this play lots of times, it really works. BREAK!"

Trent drops back to pass, then hands the ball to LJ on the delay. LJ crosses the goalline untouched! Everyone is celebrating - except for TO who is over at the left rear pylon puking.

...Pan to sidelines. Trent walks over to TO (with Shields, Roaf, and Waters at his side) and speaks to TO as he sucks down O2 "Terrell, we can do this every play if you want. Lose the showboat attitude, focus on the rest of the team, and we'll give you the ball. Keep talking trash and you'll run lots of empty deep routes, 'Kay?"

I like it....I like where your head's at Pastor

greg63
03-10-2006, 01:18 AM
In all honesty, all the talk about TO kinda makes me think of Hugh Douglass, Troy Vincent, and Ty Law. Guys that everyone says we'll end up with but in the end, they just used KC to get more pay elsewhere.

Will TO be this year's Hugh/Troy/Ty? We should find out in the next couple of months.

Yup!

Guru
03-10-2006, 02:06 AM
Let's just get it done either way. Last thing we need is another offseason of one player crap.

greg63
03-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Let's just get it done either way. Last thing we need is another offseason of one player crap.

I know the guy is talented and all; I just don't know if it would be worth all the trouble that is sure to follow. Then again, I'm probably way off base.

keg in kc
03-10-2006, 02:33 AM
Not a chance in hell.

Rausch
03-10-2006, 03:46 AM
When I see it I'll believe it...

greg63
03-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Not a chance in hell.

When I see it I'll believe it...

Agreed with both. :thumb:

beer bacon
03-10-2006, 07:30 AM
*WARNING* this information is second hand from a source that easily could be the Nick Athan of the Dallas Cowboys world *WARNING*

Over at another sports forum I frequent that has almost no BS posters a member claimed yesterday that the Ranch Report, the Cowboys section of Scout.com was saying that TO was heading to visit both Dallas and KC as of right now (yesterday).

It also said that KC was offering a one year contract with heavy incentives, and that TO should be meeting with Herm in 24 hours, which would mean sometime today. According to them KC was offering to trade a second day pick.

The last thing was that the Cowboys were offering a multi-year contract, but Philadelphia was weary of trading TO to a division rival.

jspchief
03-10-2006, 07:33 AM
*WARNING* this information is second hand from a source that easily could be the Nick Athan of the Dallas Cowboys world *WARNING*

Over at another sports forum I frequent that has almost no BS posters a member claimed yesterday that the Ranch Report, the Cowboys section of Scout.com was saying that TO was heading to visit both Dallas and KC as of right now (yesterday).

It also said that KC was offering a one year contract with heavy incentives, and that TO should be meeting with Herm in 24 hours, which would mean sometime today. According to them KC was offering to trade a second day pick.

The last thing was that the Cowboys were offering a multi-year contract, but Philadelphia was weary of trading TO to a division rival.Ranch Report and WPI are in bed together on this story, so anything they reported in regards to KC is from a WPI/Athan source.

It's official. Owens is not coming to KC.

MichaelH
03-10-2006, 07:35 AM
I think that TO has learned his lesson.

Bring him on. Green to TO for the touchdown!!! We'll outscore everybody and defense be damned!!

FAX

I disagree, he'll never learn his lesson because he believes he was never wrong. He thinks he's above it.

I don't want him signed but it might be a good idea since next season is a last shot season. After that, retirement, free agency and TO's cancer will have dismantled the team.

beer bacon
03-10-2006, 07:36 AM
Ranch Report and WPI are in bed together on this story, so anything they reported in regards to KC is from a WPI/Athan source.

It's official. Owens is not coming to KC.

I think we all know what this means. Ty Law is coming to KC.

I disagree, he'll never learn his lesson because he believes he was never wrong. He thinks he's above it.

I don't want him signed but it might be a good idea since next season is a last shot season. After that, retirement, free agency and TO's cancer will have dismantled the team.

I don't really want TO either, but if we are going to get him the manner in which the rumor I posted claims we are going about getting him would be just about right. One year incentive laden contract and a second day pick, 5th round+, to avoid a bidding war.

beer bacon
03-10-2006, 07:42 AM
I just checked Chiefscoalition, and Sly posted the Ranch Report rumor over there too.

jspchief
03-10-2006, 07:52 AM
I don't understand how using a draft pick on a one year contract makes sense. That's throwing away the pick. I'd rather spend more and throw away the money than a potential player. A 5th round pick has landed us players like Fujita, Dante, Derrrick Blaylock, and even Joe Horn.

I also don't see how we can justify Owens for a one year contract using the "closing window of opportunity" argument. Offense isn't the reason the team hasn't succeeded the last few years. I see no reason to believe that's what will suddenly get us over the hump this year.

StcChief
03-10-2006, 07:52 AM

I've been saying this all over on TO. Getting used to get the buzz and his salary up ELSEWHERE.

Thig Lyfe
03-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Mort was just on ESPN... he said Dallas or Denver, never even mentionedc KC.

rtmike
03-10-2006, 10:07 AM
So Dallas huh. They already have Glenn and Meshawn. I don't see TO co-exisiting with Meshawn.

CoMoChief
03-10-2006, 10:09 AM
You cant argue that Arrowhead would love his TD dances.

Thig Lyfe
03-10-2006, 10:11 AM
So Dallas huh. They already have Glenn and Meshawn. I don't see TO co-exisiting with Meshawn.

They're saying Keyshawn might not be coming back.

Taco John
03-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Hasn't Carl already rules something like this out?

morphius
03-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Hasn't Carl already rules something like this out?
He did last year, but since the Edwards hiring the verbage has changed slightly.

Mile High Mania
03-10-2006, 10:17 AM
I'd rather see Denver give up a pick and a nice contract to Walker... or, sign Joe J and Moulds.. or just about any other combination of FA WRs.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=9&c=12&yr=2006&nid=83&lnid=83&rc=16&pid=16

Gimme Givens or Burleson and a guy like Joe J.

ChiefsfaninPA
03-10-2006, 10:19 AM
This just in.....T.O. was seen wearing a red shirt today. Could this possibly mean the he wants to be wearing a red jersey come opening day? Stayed tuned here for more updates throughout the day.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-10-2006, 10:19 AM
You cant argue that Arrowhead would love his TD dances.

can't say I've seen him dance
& the turning the key on the goal post thing was pretty freaking lame

Reaper16
03-10-2006, 10:21 AM
This just in.....T.O. was seen wearing a red shirt today. Could this possibly mean the he wants to be wearing a red jersey come opening day? Stayed tuned here for more updates throughout the day.
Link? :)

ChiefsfaninPA
03-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Link? :)

No link, this comes from an "insider". Have to keep my sources confidential.

Reaper16
03-10-2006, 10:24 AM
No link, this comes from an "insider". Have to keep my sources confidential.
I wish I had the money to be an insider ;(

jidar
03-10-2006, 10:24 AM
TO does not fit here.
We're a running team and we have a hall of fame pass catching tight end. Where does a superstar receiver fit in? He doesn't unless he likes getting less touches.

morphius
03-10-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm still leaning to this being his agent trying to worry Denver that the Chiefs may get him if they don't act quickly.

DJJasonp
03-10-2006, 10:33 AM
If this goes down, I will call Peterson and lend my services to keep T.O. out of trouble. I will personally chaperone(?) him around town and make sure he is a good boy. We will frequent ice cream shops and Bed, Bath and Beyond. I will have him stay with my grandmother until he is ready to live on his own. She will keep him well fed, and out of trouble. I think this could work, I will talk to her soon.

I think I have the solution to this problem.....

Hire a phony camera/film crew to follow TO around 24hrs a day....he'll think he's getting the publicity that he deserves....he can act up for the camera...get in his daily "crazy" quotes....and go to practice the next day.

Then, you hook up a closed-circuit fake Sportscenter channel to TO's home (that only he sees) so he sees himself each night with his daily drama....

Problem solved....

ROYC75
03-10-2006, 10:39 AM
BREAKING NEWS : Terrell Owens was spotted at Charlies last night with you know who from you know where. It was reported that you know who from you know where has alot of pull with Chiefs GM Carl Peterson. T O was lead to believe that youknow who from you know where can get the job done and cut Rosenhaus out of the deal, thus creating more money for TO.

It was reported that you know from you know where was to recieve a minamal fee for his services. After a couple of beers and BJ's, T O was satisfied and that the only thing left to do was for you know who from you know where to supply the same services to Carl .

Stay tune, there is More to come.......

Skip Towne
03-10-2006, 10:51 AM
BREAKING NEWS : Terrell Owens was spotted at Charlies last night with you know who from you know where. It was reported that you know who from you know where has alot of pull with Chiefs GM Carl Peterson. T O was lead to believe that youknow who from you know where can get the job done and cut Rosenhaus out of the deal, thus creating more money for TO.

It was reported that you know from you know where was to recieve a minamal fee for his services. After a couple of beers and BJ's, T O was satisfied and that the only thing left to do was for you know who from you know where to supply the same services to Carl .

Stay tune, there is More to come.......
I'm guessing youknowwho from youknowwhere comes after you next.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-10-2006, 10:51 AM
after the way the KC media poked & proded LJ to talk, TO in KC would keep 'em busy. Whitlock might run some wieght off trying to keep up

ROYC75
03-10-2006, 10:59 AM
I'm guessing youknowwho from youknowwhere comes after you next.

OK, youknowwho from youknowwhere has already made his presence known.

I guess he could always start again....... :shake:

JohnnyV13
03-10-2006, 11:04 AM
I'd rather deal for Javon Walker

1punkyQB
03-10-2006, 12:28 PM
TO does not fit here. Yes, we're a running team, but even running teams need to air it out (under Saunders, wasn't it about 50/50?). Gonzalez and TO would put defenses in one helluva catch-22. Besides, what do we have to lose? It's not like we're the Steelers or Seahawks and risk screwing up championship chemistry. This is a team that hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade with a nucleus of mostly 30-something players. If any team can afford to gamble on TO, it's KC.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Yes, we're a running team, but even running teams need to air it out (under Saunders, wasn't it about 50/50?). Gonzalez and TO would put defenses in one helluva catch-22. Besides, what do we have to lose? It's not like we're the Steelers or Seahawks and risk screwing up championship chemistry. This is a team that hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade with a nucleus of mostly 30-something players. If any team can afford to gamble on TO, it's KC.

can Edwards afford the gamble? If we're old & with out the championship chemistry, sounds like we need to get younger

PastorMikH
03-10-2006, 01:00 PM
TO does not fit here.
We're a running team and we have a hall of fame pass catching tight end. Where does a superstar receiver fit in? He doesn't unless he likes getting less touches.

I agree with the fact that I don't think TO is a fit here. However, just because we are a "running" team with a HOF TE doesn't mean we wouldn't benifit from a stud WR. What happens if LJ gets dinged and Priest retires? All of a sudden we aren't a running team anymore. Now all we have is a TE that is double and triple covered.

IMO, this O needs a stud WR to open up the running game and TG - not to mention how explosive the scoring that could be had with a legit stud WR.

Don't want TO's attitude, but if we could get a WR with similar skills with out the drama, I'd be quite content.

keg in kc
03-10-2006, 01:01 PM
If we're old & with out the championship chemistryWe don't have 'one and done' chemistry right now, much less championship.

1punkyQB
03-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Getting younger starts with good drafts, not CP's strong suit. Edwards might help, and his willingness to play them is encouraging. But there's a window of opportunity next year to get over the hump. The offense should still be potent, and if Peterson does nothing but draft defensive players, he might get it right. The division looks like it will be weaker.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-10-2006, 01:04 PM
We don't have 'one and done' chemistry right now, much less championship.

if this was a team made of 53 Eric Hicks we'd be alright

PastorMikH
03-10-2006, 01:08 PM
if this was a team made of 53 Eric Hicks we'd be alright

There have been times in the last couple of years that I've thought we had about 45 of him on the roster at one time.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Getting younger starts with good drafts, not CP's strong suit. Edwards might help, and his willingness to play them is encouraging. But there's a window of opportunity next year to get over the hump. The offense should still be potent, and if Peterson does nothing but draft defensive players, he might get it right. The division looks like it will be weaker.

Reid could weather the TO fiasco. Edwards hasn't earned the teams respect yet, being it's his first year. TO could ruin him

1punkyQB
03-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Edwards didn't seem averse to Owens coming here. Apparently he thinks he can handle him. Isn't that part of why Edwards was brought here? He can get along with demanding personalities like Ty Law and Warren Sapp?

Wile_E_Coyote
03-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Edwards didn't seem averse to Owens coming here. Apparently he thinks he can handle him. Isn't that part of why Edwards was brought here? He can get along with demanding personalities like Ty Law and Warren Sapp?

few coaches are going to burn bridges or give ammunition to a player who might be in your division

1punkyQB
03-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Considering Edwards' background, I'll take his comments at face value. Simply saying "not interested" would've nipped it in the bud w/o providing much ammo to the player. And why worry about burning bridges if you have no interest whatsoever? TO has to sign somewhere. KC seems as logical a place as any. Dallas or a couple other teams might figure what the hell, but it's not often you can get the best receiver in the league at a bargain rate.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Considering Edwards' background, I'll take his comments at face value. Simply saying "not interested" would've nipped it in the bud w/o providing much ammo to the player. And why worry about burning bridges if you have no interest whatsoever? TO has to sign somewhere. KC seems as logical a place as any. Dallas or a couple other teams might figure what the hell, but it's not often you can get the best receiver in the league at a bargain rate.

TO could easily wind up in Denver. The Chiefs already have had a top 5 offence for the past 4 years, why gamble there when the defense...well sucks. I want any money that would go to TO, to go to the defense

1punkyQB
03-10-2006, 01:37 PM
I understand your point about the D, but that assumes the offense will maintain. Without Saunders (and possibly Shields), that might not happen. Solari could use some help. If CP's plan is for Owens to sign an incentive-laden contract, that's doesn't sound like it would cost us much in terms of defensive upgrades.

keg in kc
03-10-2006, 01:44 PM
How many defensive personnel changes do you guys expect? We had five new starters last year, which is a huge turnover. Warfield's gone, so that's (probably) one new starter this year. What else do you think they're going to sign to the starting lineup? A safety, maybe? Defensive takle? What else? And how much of that could be found in the draft?

I think you guys are expecting too much. We have a lot of youth on defense. We retained Gun. Edwards is a guy that likes to develop draftees. All of that tells me not to expect a bunch of new vets on D.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-10-2006, 01:44 PM
I understand your point about the D, but that assumes the offense will maintain. Without Saunders (and possibly Shields), that might not happen. Solari could use some help. If CP's plan is for Owens to sign an incentive-laden contract, that's doesn't sound like it would cost us much in terms of defensive upgrades.

incentives count against the cap, the $ have to be there if needed. D is the problem, not the O

Wile_E_Coyote
03-10-2006, 01:48 PM
How many defensive personnel changes do you guys expect? We had five new starters last year, which is a huge turnover. Warfield's gone, so that's (probably) one new starter this year. What else do you think they're going to sign to the starting lineup? A safety, maybe? Defensive takle? What else? And how much of that could be found in the draft?

I think you guys are expecting too much. We have a lot of youth on defense. We retained Gun. Edwards is a guy that likes to develop draftees. All of that tells me not to expect a bunch of new vets on D.

give us your tired, your hungry, your defensive masses

PastorMikH
03-10-2006, 01:48 PM

From bits and pieces of what I've heard on the interviews with Herm, another DL starter wouldn't suprise me. Other than one of the backups knocking Bell out of his starting spot sometime next season, (baring injury) a CB and DL are about all the possible changes I see in D starters.

keg in kc
03-10-2006, 01:55 PM
give us your tired, your hungry, your defensive massesThe question is this, philosophically speaking: What's more valueable, one great player or two (or a few) mediocre ones?

I'm glad I'm not the one making the decision. The risk would be huge with TO, but the potential reward...

Of course, without having a clue as to what sort of contract we're talking about, it's really hard to say which way to go. And for all we know, TO may end up taking a low-risk at the front end, incentive-laden contract that would still leave room for signing others.

Just interesting to contemplate. Although I don't really believe there's anything to the rumor.

1punkyQB
03-10-2006, 01:57 PM
If he reaches those incentives, he'd be worth the cap space, wouldn't he? Saunders was able to scheme around a mediocre WR corps, but it remains to be seen if Solari can.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-10-2006, 01:58 PM
The question is this, philosophically speaking: What's more valueable, one great player or two (or a few) mediocre ones?

I'm glad I'm not the one making the decision. The risk would be huge with TO, but the potential reward...

Of course, without having a clue as to what sort of contract we're talking about, it's really hard to say which way to go. And for all we know, TO may end up taking a low-risk at the front end, incentive-laden contract that would still leave room for signing others.

Just interesting to contemplate. Although I don't really believe there's anything to the rumor.

I didn't like the report/rumor I heard out of New York of how Law was a lockerroom cancer. That & TO's recent history leaves me not wanting to find out

Wile_E_Coyote
03-10-2006, 02:01 PM
If he reaches those incentives, he'd be worth the cap space, wouldn't he? Saunders was able to scheme around a mediocre WR corps, but it remains to be seen if Solari can.

you're wasting your time with me on this. TO got into it with one of the 49ers O coaches. A first timer like Solari could live with out that possibility