PDA

View Full Version : KC Chiefs sign Bell

blueballs
03-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Chiefs sign linebacker Kendrell Bell
Wednesday, March 09, 2005

By The Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Linebacker Kendrell Bell, the defensive rookie of the year four years ago, signed a seven-year contract with the defensively troubled Kansas City Chiefs yesterday.

Bell, 6-foot-1, 257 pounds, was one of the last name free agents on the markets even though he played just three games last season with the Steelers. His best season came as a rookie in 2001, when made the Pro Bowl after recording 88 tackles, nine sacks and a pair of forced fumbles in his first season.

Bell was troubled with shoulder and groin injuries last week and the New York Giants passed on him as a free agent after a physical, although they did not specify the exact problem.

"I had a conversation with (the Giants') general manager and he said he did not fail their physical," team president Carl Peterson said.

"I'm doing good. I'm great," Bell said. "I can play today. I can play right now."

In Bell's only other full season, 2003, he was a Pro Bowl alternate after recording 108 tackles and five sacks, an interception and a forced fumble.

"We're pleased to acquire Kendrell's services and we think he will make an impact for the Chiefs

Saulbadguy
03-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Hmm...7 years, eh?

SLAG
03-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Hmm...7 years, eh?

6 at this point

Sure-Oz
03-09-2006, 07:12 PM
I wonder wtf happend to him, im willing to give him one more year, dude needs to freakin not be so hesitant.

CoMoChief
03-09-2006, 07:14 PM
What did we release him or something and then re-sign him? I thought we signed the guy last season. As usual, I'm confused.

morphius
03-09-2006, 07:17 PM
What did we release him or something and then re-sign him? I thought we signed the guy last season. As usual, I'm confused.
Look at the date of the article...

InChiefsHell
03-09-2006, 07:20 PM

*edit*I think last year was a one year deal. He was a free agent after last season. So we resigned him. He better produce. Gun believes in him, so I guess that will have to do.

InChiefsHell
03-09-2006, 07:20 PM

Ah, what the hell?? Wanker...

morphius
03-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Ah, what the hell?? Wanker...
Hey, don't be calling me "Wanker" when you start making up stuff about a one year contract and stuff. :D

InChiefsHell
03-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Hey, don't be calling me "Wanker" when you start making up stuff about a one year contract and stuff. :D

Not you, the twit who posted the article. My fault for not paying attention. I'm so embarassed... :(

CoMoChief
03-09-2006, 07:32 PM

shit i didnt even look at that. Hah thats from a year ago on the same date. SOMEONE'S TRYING TO PLAY GAMES WITH ME!!! :cuss:

morphius
03-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Not you, the twit who posted the article. My fault for not paying attention. I'm so embarassed... :(
I know, I was only playing...