PDA

View Full Version : Vegas

Jenny Gump
03-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Just got back last night. Had an amazing time. Apparently, I am pretty lucky when it comes to roulette. I was a Vegas Virgin when I went out there, but my traveling companion treated me to the full meal deal, and even took me on a death march from one end of the strip to the other. I am definitely going back.

My goodness what fun.

Rain Man
03-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Did you see Wayne Newton?

Katipan
03-10-2006, 09:49 AM
I was only 4 hours away :(

Bob Dole
03-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Just got back last night. Had an amazing time. Apparently, I am pretty lucky when it comes to roulette. I was a Vegas Virgin when I went out there, but my traveling companion treated me to the full meal deal, and even took me on a death march from one end of the strip to the other. I am definitely going back.

My goodness what fun.

It's definitely a Death March from the Stratosphere to the Luxor, or did you go even further than that? It's been a few years since Bob Dole has been...

Jenny Gump
03-10-2006, 09:53 AM
It's definitely a Death March from the Stratosphere to the Luxor, or did you go even further than that? It's been a few years since Bob Dole has been...

We walked from MGM to the Stratosphere...or close to that anyway. I'm sort of a wimp...I guess, anyway, he walks fast...I was skipping to keep up. Of course, we stopped for "nourishment" (beer) along the way.

Jenny Gump
03-10-2006, 09:54 AM
Did you see Wayne Newton?

I did not. However, I saw a crazy guy with a shop broom. Jim can tell the story better than me.

KCTitus
03-10-2006, 09:54 AM
I would love to go...never been and my wife doesnt want to go. One of these days...

Jenny Gump
03-10-2006, 09:55 AM

BTW, what's the deal? It was really cold while we were there. I thought the desert was supposed to be warm (remember, I'm a stupid woman from Missouri).

Jenny Gump
03-10-2006, 09:56 AM
I would love to go...never been and my wife doesnt want to go. One of these days...

It's great...the lights, booze, gambling, beautiful women and hot men everywhere. (tearing up) I'm really going to miss it.

HC_Chief
03-10-2006, 09:56 AM
We walked from MGM to the Stratosphere...or close to that anyway. I'm sort of a wimp...I guess, anyway, he walks fast...I was skipping to keep up. Of course, we stopped for "nourishment" (beer) along the way.

Damn, that <i>is</i> a walk! From Circus Circu to Stratosphere there is NOTHING.

When I go to Vegas I always take full advantage of the free light rail/tram system. You can get from the Monte Carlo to Bellagio in no time.

Katipan
03-10-2006, 09:57 AM
BTW, what's the deal? It was really cold while we were there. I thought the desert was supposed to be warm (remember, I'm a stupid woman from Missouri).

We have extremes in the desert. :)

Freezing nights, hot as hades days. No rain, or a monsoon.

We go all in all the time, baby.

J Diddy
03-10-2006, 09:58 AM
cool, my wife and I fly there on Thursday.

Jenny Gump
03-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Damn, that <i>is</i> a walk! From Circus Circu to Stratosphere there is NOTHING.

When I go to Vegas I always take full advantage of the free light rail/tram system. You can get from the Monte Carlo to Bellagio in no time.

Yeah, we realized the third day, that the monorail might be a convenient idea. heh. I wanted to wimp out on all that walking, but I am extremely competitive. Wasn't going to let him get the best of me.

Jenny Gump
03-10-2006, 09:59 AM
cool, my wife and I fly there on Thursday.

If you see Crazy Broom Guy, tell him Jen and Jim said Hello.

Skip Towne
03-10-2006, 10:04 AM
If you see Crazy Broom Guy, tell him Jen and Jim said Hello.
You went to Vegas with Jimnasium?

Jenny Gump
03-10-2006, 10:05 AM
You went to Vegas with Jimnasium?

Indeed. He knows the town very well.

|Zach|
03-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Awesome

Skip Towne
03-10-2006, 10:33 AM
That's great!! Glad to hear it.

Dartgod
03-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Ha! I am only 3 hours away...

...by plane :(

Dartgod
03-10-2006, 10:53 AM
BTW, I'm envious. My wife and I love Vegas and have vowed to go there every year. From August 2004 to October 2005, we made it 3 times, once on a trip my wife won on a local radio station. :thumb:

We'll probably be out there again this fall.

J Diddy
03-10-2006, 10:57 AM
BTW, I'm envious. My wife and I love Vegas and have vowed to go there every year. From August 2004 to October 2005, we made it 3 times, once on a trip my wife won on a local radio station. :thumb:

We'll probably be out there again this fall.

My boss is covering the costs for my wife and I. Part of an incentive for last year. He covers the hotel (MGM Grand) and the airflight...

Damn I love my boss.

Katipan
03-10-2006, 10:59 AM
MGM has beautiful balcony suites. Really pricey unless you split it with friends but it's one of my favorite hotels.

Demonpenz
03-10-2006, 11:04 AM
i am heading out there for spring break. I will only be there for three nights but i am sure i will have a good time

Skip Towne
03-10-2006, 11:06 AM
MGM has beautiful balcony suites. Really pricey unless you split it with friends but it's one of my favorite hotels.
I'll bet Gochiefs would go halves with you.

Donger
03-10-2006, 11:26 AM

Cool. A new CP couple to rival Mer and ENDelt?

Nzoner
03-10-2006, 11:27 AM
i am heading out there for spring break. I will only be there for three nights but i am sure i will have a good time

Believe me if you do it right 3 nights will seem like a week.

If you're looking for a helluva buy check out Freemont Street downtown The Four Queens has 55 oz beers for $7 with a $5 refill or 55 oz. mixers for $13 with a $10 refill.As you can see in the pic below I chose the 55oz Jack & Cokes.

Demonpenz
03-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Do they still have cheap buffets there somewhere? I hope so

Dartgod
03-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Do they still have cheap buffets there somewhere? I hope soDo yourself a favor and don't eat at the "cheap" buffets.

Demonpenz
03-10-2006, 11:32 AM
yeah i want that jack and coke real bad

ROYC75
03-10-2006, 11:32 AM
but I am extremely competitive. Wasn't going to let him get the best of me.

ooooooh, does this include sex ?

Katipan
03-10-2006, 11:37 AM

$10 and the Rio.

Kclee
03-10-2006, 11:40 AM

Just slightly. Mandalay Bay is on the other side of the Luxor.

Lurch
03-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Sounds like a good time.

Jenny Gump
03-10-2006, 11:41 AM
We paid something like $7 for the Golden Nugget bkfst/lunch and it was pretty good, not a lot of selection. We did bkfst buffet at MGM and it was around $13 and was spectacular.

Went to the Four Queens, won some roulette...they have a great pub there with some microbrews that were delicious.

Nzoner
03-10-2006, 11:41 AM

You're there only 3 nights,forget the food,you have the rest of your life to eat.Just keep your room stocked with plenty of Red Bull.

Demonpenz
03-10-2006, 11:42 AM
i like that part on kingpin when they are like mmm what are you going to have. I will take the 64, but the 96 looks tempting

MahiMike
03-10-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm thinking of going in July. Where did you stay and would you stay there again? How much/night?

Dartgod
03-10-2006, 11:58 AM
We paid something like $7 for the Golden Nugget bkfst/lunch and it was pretty good, not a lot of selection. We did bkfst buffet at MGM and it was around $13 and was spectacular.

This is what I was talking about. In our case, skip the Imperial Palace buffet and spend 13-15 bucks for the Paris breakfast buffet. Outstanding food and selection.

Nzoner
03-10-2006, 12:06 PM
I'm going back during football season this year and was hoping to again see the Queen production of We Will Rock You at the Paris.Unfortunately,it's now gone.

ENDelt260
03-10-2006, 12:06 PM
You drive fast.

Dartgod
03-10-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm going back during football season this year and was hoping to again see the Queen production of We Will Rock You at the Paris.Unfortunately,it's now gone.Yeah, that pisses me off. Last two times out there I had wanted to see that, but never made it. Sucks...

On a brighter note, Sir Spam-A-Lot is coming to Wynn. It's a theatrical production of Monty Python's Holy Grail, for those that don't know. :thumb:

Katipan
03-10-2006, 12:09 PM
You drive fast.

meh. 4 1/2 if I'm not going at night.

Dartgod
I'm going back during football season this year and was hoping to again see the Queen production of We Will Rock You at the Paris.Unfortunately,it's now gone.Hey, just realized you were back. Hope things are going well for you.

Otter
Vegas is always a blast, I'll never take a date there again though. Definately have a better time with a bunch of friends.

ENDelt260
Cool. A new CP couple to rival Mer and ENDelt?
I believe they pre-date us. But, we're by far the coolest Internet couple ever.

ENDelt260
03-10-2006, 12:11 PM
skip the Imperial Palace

F*ck that place. If it wasn't for $2 poolside blackjack dealt by bikini-topped gals with big boobs, I'd have nothing nice to say about it.

Nzoner
03-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Yeah, that pisses me off. Last two times out there I had wanted to see that, but never made it. Sucks...

On a brighter note, Sir Spam-A-Lot is coming to Wynn. It's a theatrical production of Monty Python's Holy Grail, for those that don't know. :thumb:

I'm hoping We Will Rock You will be released on DVD,I can't say enough good about it,it was an amazing show.

The Python thing sounds like a good time,thanks for the head's up.

Dartgod
03-10-2006, 12:14 PM
F*ck that place. If it wasn't for $2 poolside blackjack dealt by bikini-topped gals with big boobs, I'd have nothing nice to say about it.If it wasn't for the $29/$39 rooms they gave us in October, I wouldn't stay there either. As it is though, it was a cheap place to crash. All the more gambling and booze money, I say.

Plus, it's a great location.

Donger
03-10-2006, 12:15 PM
I believe they pre-date us. But, we're by far the coolest Internet couple ever.

Coolest ChiefsPlanet Couple ever. Haven't we already discussed this?

ENDelt260
03-10-2006, 12:16 PM
You think there's someone cooler elsewhere on the Internet? Bah.

Nzoner
Hey, just realized you were back. Hope things are going well for you.

I just finished a deadline,so I've got 1 workday to myself and thought I'd hang here for awhile.

As for my personal stuff,things are nowhere near settled,so I'll just say they're interesting at this point and thanks fo the well wishes.

Dartgod
Cooler than Gochiefs and Slayer?

ENDelt260
03-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Are they still an item?

Donger
03-10-2006, 12:17 PM

Gochiefs had a relationship with Slayer?

Katipan
03-10-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm cooler than Slayer.

ENDelt260
03-10-2006, 12:24 PM
I'm cooler than Slayer.
Of course you are, baby. But, in all fariness to Slayer, he did once hit a house with a car. That's pretty kickass.

Dartgod
03-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Gochiefs had a relationship with Slayer?
Well, maybe not romantically. But they will be forever linked from the beard growing contest.

ENDelt260
03-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Well, maybe not romantically. But they will be forever linked from the beard growing contest.
What an abortion that was.

Donger
03-10-2006, 12:28 PM

Oh. That must have been before my time, thankfully.

Skip Towne
03-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Of course you are, baby. But, in all fariness to Slayer, he did once hit a house with a car. That's pretty kickass.
Slayer is by far the better spy.

ENDelt260
03-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Superfly! Do or die!!

Carlota69
03-10-2006, 12:39 PM
A couple of things:

1) The Imperial Palace (The IP) is the shape of a swaztika(sp?), they have a conference room devoted to Hitler and the have Hitlers car in their car show. The owner is a totlal nazi. This is no joke--in Vegas this is common knowledge. Also, they are planning to implode it, so it may not be with us much longer.

2) If you are looking for cheap rooms, you might want to check out hotels a little off the beaten track--Budget Suites on paradise Road, Ameri suites right next to the Hard Rock and The Tuscany Suites on Flamingo. The Sahara is cheap, so is Stratosphere and the Frontier is prett cheap too.

3) and if you are here during football season, make sure you check out Hurricane Bar and Grill. Its a Chiefs bar and a ****ing great time on Sundays.

Stinger
03-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Superfly! Do or die!!

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Forgot about that one .... That was classic

ENDelt260
03-10-2006, 12:41 PM
1) The Imperial Palace (The IP) is the shape of a swaztika(sp?), they have a conference room devoted to Hitler and the have Hitlers car in their car show. The owner is a totlal nazi. This is no joke--in Vegas this is common knowledge.

NOW I understand why 311 was playing there...

Calcountry
03-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Believe me if you do it right 3 nights will seem like a week.

If you're looking for a helluva buy check out Freemont Street downtown The Four Queens has 55 oz beers for $7 with a $5 refill or 55 oz. mixers for $13 with a $10 refill.As you can see in the pic below I chose the 55oz Jack & Cokes.My buddy owns a motel downtown. heheh.

Dartgod
03-10-2006, 01:30 PM
The Imperial Palace (The IP) is the shape of a swaztika(sp?), they have a conference room devoted to Hitler and the have Hitlers car in their car show. The owner is a totlal nazi. This is no joke--in Vegas this is common knowledge. Also, they are planning to implode it, so it may not be with us much longer.ys.
It is not in the shape of a swastika (see attachment below), don't be ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Also, Harrahs Entertainment owns it now and there are no plans to implode it at this time. There is a very good chance that is what will happen, but not until sometime in 2007, it is rumored.

As far as the rest of the Nazi stuff, I cannot speak about because I've never seen the auto collection or any conference rooms.

Calcountry
03-10-2006, 01:35 PM
A couple of things:

1) The Imperial Palace (The IP) is the shape of a swaztika(sp?), they have a conference room devoted to Hitler and the have Hitlers car in their car show. The owner is a totlal nazi. This is no joke--in Vegas this is common knowledge. Also, they are planning to implode it, so it may not be with us much longer.

2) If you are looking for cheap rooms, you might want to check out hotels a little off the beaten track--Budget Suites on paradise Road, Ameri suites right next to the Hard Rock and The Tuscany Suites on Flamingo. The Sahara is cheap, so is Stratosphere and the Frontier is prett cheap too.

3) and if you are here during football season, make sure you check out Hurricane Bar and Grill. Its a Chiefs bar and a ****ing great time on Sundays.How about the El Cortez?

ENDelt260
03-10-2006, 01:37 PM
As far as the rest of the Nazi stuff, I cannot speak about because I've never seen the auto collection or any conference rooms.

Engelstad had held parties in the resort's secret multimillion-dollar Nazi memorabilia room allegedly to observe Adolf Hitler's birthdays in 1986 and 1988. Engelstad later denounced Hitler, apologized for his error in judgement and emptied the room of nazi memorabilia.

"He was upset that people had interpreted his intentions so badly," Peccole said. Engelstad long maintained that the parties were to honor the employees who worked on the room, not Hitler.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/sun/2002/nov/27/514308841.html

Dartgod
03-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Thanks, I just read that myself.

I haven't seen anything that indicates he ever owned Hitler's car either.

Dartgod
03-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks, I just read that myself.

I haven't seen anything that indicates he ever owned Hitler's car either.Here it is.
Engelstad used the resort to house his multimillion-dollar automobile collection that remains a popular attraction at the hotel. Ironically, one of the most valuable cars was Hitler's 1939 Grosser Mercedes parade car. http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/sun/2002/nov/27/514308841.html

ENDelt260
03-10-2006, 01:56 PM
I had no idea what nationalvanguard.org was before today... but, I kinda wish I hadn't clicked it at work.

Dartgod
03-10-2006, 02:14 PM
I had no idea what nationalvanguard.org was before today... but, I kinda wish I hadn't clicked it at work.
Heh. One time my wife wanted to look at some golf clubs on Dick's Sporting Goods web site, while on her lunch break. Instead of searching for the address, she just typed in www.dicks.com in the browser.

I'm pretty sure she didn't get Dick's Sporting Goods web site.

patteeu
03-10-2006, 02:17 PM

LOL