PDA

View Full Version : The Flu

jspchief
03-10-2006, 09:49 AM
My wife just returned to work today after three days off with the stomch flu. As I sit here, I'm feeling more and more like I need to vomit. Looks like I might be the next victim. :mad:

morphius
03-10-2006, 09:53 AM
If it makes you feel better, its only 3 days. My wife has been puking her guts out almost every day for the last 7 months.

Rain Man
03-10-2006, 09:55 AM
In a situation like this, you just have to hurl all of your energy into not vomiting. Throw up your inner reserve of strengths and spew forth your resolve.

Rain Man
03-10-2006, 09:55 AM
If it makes you feel better, its only 3 days. My wife has been puking her guts out almost every day for the last 7 months.

Have you tried putting a bag over your head?

morphius
03-10-2006, 09:56 AM
I wish it was that simple...

Skip Towne
03-10-2006, 09:58 AM
I haven't had the flu in at least 30 years. I'm in other peoples' houses often but I still don't get it. My dad was a small town doctor and he brought home every disease known to modern man. And I was sick all the time as a kid. I think I'm immune to disease now.

Donger
03-10-2006, 09:59 AM
My wife just returned to work today after three days off with the stomch flu. As I sit here, I'm feeling more and more like I need to vomit. Looks like I might be the next victim. :mad:

Not to be picky, but the "stomach flu" isn't influenza at all.

morphius
03-10-2006, 10:02 AM
I haven't had the flu in at least 30 years. I'm in other peoples' houses often but I still don't get it. My dad was a small town doctor and he brought home every disease known to modern man. And I was sick all the time as a kid. I think I'm immune to disease now.
Well, not having little kids bringing stuff home doesn't hurt either. I never got sick until my son started going to daycare.

Jenny Gump
03-10-2006, 10:03 AM

What you need are scrambled eggs with ketchup. That will clear up that nausea in no time.

Iowanian
03-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Good luck.

If its what we had in our house a couple of months ago.....you're in for a miserable 48 hours. There won't be any doubt in your mind if you've got it.

|Zach|
03-10-2006, 10:04 AM
What you need are scrambled eggs with ketchup. That will clear up that nausea in no time.
Ewww

Donger
03-10-2006, 10:06 AM
You know, if people just washed their hands more frequently (particularly before eating), we could reduce the number of flu cases by approximately 70%

morphius
03-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Ewww
I think she was trying to make him start throwing up now. Obviously she doesn't like Jeff.

chiefqueen
03-10-2006, 10:08 AM

Is this the 9-month flu?

Skip Towne
03-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Sounds good. I love Denver sandwiches. Scrambled eggs with chopped green pepper and either ketchup or Miracle Whip. Mmmmmm!

morphius
03-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Is this the 9-month flu?
Yup. First one only a month of sickness, this one... ugh.

Predarat
03-10-2006, 10:13 AM
I had that happen, in the upper deck at a hockey game. The whole damn rink was spinning!

Donger
03-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Yup. First one only a month of sickness, this one... ugh.

Congratulations. Not on the vomiting part, the kid.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that if men carried babies, there would be no pregnancies. I remember when the wife and I were discussing having another baby after our first. I reminded her of how she puked every morning for the first trimester and generally felt like crap, and was she sure she wanted to go through that again. She just looked at me like I was a f*cking alien and sighed.

morphius
03-10-2006, 10:21 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I think that if men carried babies, there would be no pregnancies. I remember when the wife and I were discussing having another baby after our first. I reminded her of how she puked every morning for the first trimester and generally felt like crap, and was she sure she wanted to go through that again. She just looked at me like I was a f*cking alien and sighed.
Thank you. We have yet to have much discussion on when we are going to have children, they seem to come whether we want them to or not. But yeah, I know I wouldn't deal with it well. Plus the whole living thing moving inside of me would creep me out a bit.

Skip Towne
03-10-2006, 10:22 AM

It's that shit swimming around in their blood.

Radar Chief
03-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Rotavirus. (http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/gastro/rotavirus.htm)
Just got the kinder over it.
Nasty chit, canít be killed with bleach, have to use alcohol to kill it.
Doc said that 50% of adults caring for a child with it would get it. Itís that contagious.

Radar Chief
03-10-2006, 10:32 AM

Agreed. If birthín children were up to men, the first one to do it would tell all the others how bad it sucked and itíd never happen again.

Mr. Kotter
03-10-2006, 10:41 AM

Well, think of the horrible ordeal and nightmarish experience that put her in that condition....that poor woman.

;)

Mr. Kotter
03-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Rotavirus. (http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/gastro/rotavirus.htm)
Just got the kinder over it.
Nasty chit, canít be killed with bleach, have to use alcohol to kill it.
Doc said that 50% of adults caring for a child with it would get it. Itís that contagious.

And the foulest smelling stuff.....:Lin:

Well, the upside is alcohol kills it. ENDelt will never have to worry....heh.

Dave Lane
03-10-2006, 12:54 PM

Have you tried putting a bag over your own head?

Dave

Dunit35
03-10-2006, 12:56 PM
I never get the flu. I can get stuffy noses and a sore throat, but that's it. I haven't vomited from being sick since I was a kid.

keg in kc
03-10-2006, 12:57 PM
I caught the flu the day after my birthday last month. No vomiting, but three days on the toilet more often than not. First time I've had it in years, and I'm still not sure how I got it. I'm pretty sure where (work), but I'm not sure how, since I never got within 10 feet of anyone sick.

And I'm an obsessive hand-washer. Didn't do much good this time.

Rain Man
03-10-2006, 08:34 PM
You know, if people just washed their hands more frequently (particularly before eating), we could reduce the number of flu cases by approximately 70%

Yeah, but the food would lose some of its flavor.

Rain Man
03-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Have you tried putting a bag over your own head?

Dave

How do you think I managed to get married?