PDA

View Full Version : Bruce back with Rams

RedThat
03-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Rams | Bruce lands three-year deal to return
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:38:56 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the St. Louis Rams have reached a new, three-year deal worth $15 million with WR Isaac Bruce. The contract is expected to be finalized as early as Friday, March 10. Bruce will be paid $6 million for the 2006 season. His previous contract, which he was released from, would have paid him $8.1 million in 2006.

Cormac
03-10-2006, 10:57 AM
OMG! :eek: Fifteen million

SPchief
03-10-2006, 11:01 AM
talk about overpaying a guy that you released because you were overpaying. jeesh

Mile High Mania
03-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Wow - that's a bit of cash for him at his age. All the young FA's are jumping for joy.

ROYC75
03-10-2006, 11:19 AM
You mean to tell me they value him that much at that age ?

WOW ........

StcChief
03-10-2006, 11:29 AM
It's the Lambs. We know what kinda organization they have. They just need somebody half decent to line up opposite Holt.

shaneo69
03-10-2006, 11:31 AM
talk about overpaying a guy that you released because you were overpaying. jeesh

Meanwhile, the Chiefs are paying an OG $5.1 mil. And the OG has never caught the game-winning TD in the Super Bowl.

shaneo69
03-10-2006, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=nm_dbf]It's the Lambs. We know what kinda organization they have.[QUOTE]

Yeah, they've been in two Super Bowls since '99, still have 6 present or past Pro Bowlers on offense, and still had $15 mil in cap space before the CBA was extended. Carl might want to take some notes on how to manage a cap from Jay Zygmunt.

StcChief
03-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Glad they are 'cap' friendly.
Bruce is on the downside of his career. They may never payout in the long run....6M this year seems like a bit much. He does know their O. was 'the man' for several years....

They have alot of issues on both sides of the ball to address. Hope Zygmunt is planning for those.

Would be nice if the Chiefs could get a receiver....
To make EK, Gonzo more effective.

Dunit35
03-10-2006, 11:44 AM
I can't believe they are going to pay him 6 mill this year. How much does Holt make? He's the prize WR they have.

KCTitus
03-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Yeah, they've been in two Super Bowls since '99...

I know that sucks. Considering KC just fired the same HC that built those teams. Doesnt KC have 6 pro bowlers past/present on their offense too?

Shields, Roaf, Green, Johnson, Holmes, Richardson...am I missing anyone?

PHOG
03-10-2006, 11:50 AM
I know that sucks. Considering KC just fired the same HC that built those teams. Doesnt KC have 6 pro bowlers past/present on their offense too?

Waters?

Dunit35
03-10-2006, 11:51 AM

Let's not forget Waters and Hall was on it too for ST though.

KCTitus
03-10-2006, 11:53 AM
I couldnt remember if Waters was or not...Ive never been big on keeping up with the pro bowl and who was on it.

shaneo69
03-10-2006, 11:54 AM
I can't believe they are going to pay him 6 mill this year.

If you want legitimate WR's, you gotta pay up. Or maybe draft one.

Cave Johnson
03-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Gonzo?

shaneo69
03-10-2006, 11:58 AM

So maybe our problem is Carl's cap management. Both teams have Pro Bowl-laden offensive rosters, with piss-poor defenses. Difference is that the Rams have the cap room to fix their defense, starting with LaRoi Glover.

StcChief
03-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Glover at 31 is still a good player. on DL.

We could get as lucky, Dalton resigns, 2nd rate at best.

KCTitus
03-10-2006, 12:03 PM
So maybe our problem is Carl's cap management. Both teams have Pro Bowl-laden offensive rosters, with piss-poor defenses. Difference is that the Rams have the cap room to fix their defense, starting with LaRoi Glover.

It's debatable...I mean, over the last 4 years, KC signed 7 defensive FA's and they didnt appreciably help the most glaring problem on the team.

Considering I dont follow other teams offseason moves, how active was STL last offseason?

KCTitus
03-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Gonzo?

Thank you...Im truly ashamed I missed that one.

shaneo69
03-10-2006, 12:13 PM
It's debatable...I mean, over the last 4 years, KC signed 7 defensive FA's and they didnt appreciably help the most glaring problem on the team.

Considering I dont follow other teams offseason moves, how active was STL last offseason?

They signed Chris Claiborne and Dexter Coakley last offseason to be starters at LB. They performed about as good as Kendrell Bell and were cut. Yet, after those FA mistakes, they still have a ton of money to spend this offseason.

StcChief
03-10-2006, 12:17 PM
They signed Chris Claiborne and Dexter Coakley last offseason to be starters at LB. They performed about as good as Kendrell Bell and were cut. Yet, after those FA mistakes, they still have a ton of money to spend this offseason.

That Ram O line is getting long in the tooth.

Chiefs are in that boat too.

Will be interesting hwo these two teams being O oriented thru DV, Martz
Saunders will fair in the next 3-5 years.

jspchief
03-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Well, I'd say this contract sets the market for WRs this off-season.

If Bruce is worth $5 mil per year, what do you think Owens and Walker are going to want?

RedThat
03-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Well, I'd say this contract sets the market for WRs this off-season.

If Bruce is worth $5 mil per year, what do you think Owens and Walker are going to want?

10 million. No doubt.

KCTitus
03-10-2006, 12:42 PM

How big were Chris and Dexter's signing bonuses last year? Did it exceed that which was spent on Bell and Surtain? If so, gotta hand it to the Rams FO to be able to put out that kind of coin every year for FA's that suck.