PDA

View Full Version : Any Formula One Fans Here?

Donger
03-10-2006, 12:29 PM
The season begins this weekend with The Grand Prix of Bahrain.

plbrdude
03-10-2006, 12:32 PM
i enjoy it when i get to see it, which doesn't seem to be too often. the cars are amazing. one question though. does anybody other than micheal schumacher win a race?

Donger
03-10-2006, 12:35 PM
i enjoy it when i get to see it, which doesn't seem to be too often. the cars are amazing. one question though. does anybody other than micheal schumacher win a race?

Ferrari sucked last year. Well, not sucked, but neither they nor Schumacher won the championship. he only won the US Grand Prix last year, and that was because only three teams ran the race.

FYI, Speed TV is showing most of the Grands Prix live this year.

Skip Towne
03-10-2006, 12:39 PM
I'll only watch if Danica Patrick is in it.

plbrdude
03-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Ferrari sucked last year. Well, not sucked, but neither they nor Schumacher won the championship. he only won the US Grand Prix last year, and that was because only three teams ran the race.

FYI, Speed TV is showing most of the Grands Prix live this year.

thanks for the info.

Demonpenz
03-10-2006, 12:49 PM
f1 has lost its luster over the years but I will still watch some of it. I guess they took spa off of the list of races this year. I wish We had one true open wheel racing here in the states. I would like to see more of the best drivers drive in open wheel instead of going to nascar and turn left all the time. It would be nice if nascar had 3 road courses and one street one and more short track races. I loved cart because you had road, street courses, then speedways, and short tracks. I like f1 though for nothing else than the start.

Donger
03-10-2006, 12:51 PM
f1 has lost its luster over the years but I will still watch some of it. I guess they took spa off of the list of races this year. I wish We had one true open wheel racing here in the states. I would like to see more of the best drivers drive in open wheel instead of going to nascar and turn left all the time. It would be nice if nascar had 3 road courses and one street one and more short track races. I loved cart because you had road, street courses, then speedways, and short tracks. I like f1 though for nothing else than the start.

I agree.

And, yes, they did take Spa of the calendar this year unfortunately.

alpha_omega
03-10-2006, 12:58 PM
F1 is one of my favorites. I watch whenever i can get to the TV and see the live coverage.

KCTitus
03-10-2006, 01:07 PM
I do like to watch F1, however, I think the sport really suffers due to lack of much 'close' racing. Aside from the start, the leader usually winds up 1 minute ahead of the second place car and you just count down the laps.

I thought it was interesting last year with the 'no tire change' rule as well as other changes, but it didnt really improve racing. I see F1 the 180 degree opposite to Nascar (aside from the fact that nascar is 90% ovals) in that Nascar acts like it would prefer to be under yellow rather than green flag and F1 will never pull a full course yellow and thus bringing the field back together, unless someone dies on the track.

I allways make it a point to watch Monaco...I love that track, and have come to appreciate it while simulating it on Gran Turismo.