PDA

View Full Version : Looks like it will have to be Ty Law...Sam Madison signs with the Giants.

arrowheadnation
03-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Just saw this on the bottom line on ESPN. Sam Madison signs with the Giants for 4 years.

Giants | Madison reaches four-year deal
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:57:33 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the New York Giants have reached a deal on a four-year contract with free agent CB Sam Madison (Dolphins). The deal is worth $7.4 million and includes a $2 million signing bonus. He will have base salaries of $900,000 (2006), $1.2 million (2007), $1.5 million (2008) and $1.8 million (2009). By gaining four or more interceptions in a year, he can receive $250,000 through incentives.

HC_Chief
03-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Pretty cheap.

Too bad we didn't sign him :(

Fire Me Boy!
03-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Nope, it'll be Battle or a rookie. I'll bet on it.

Reaper16
03-10-2006, 12:13 PM
We could always re-sign Warfield at a more attractive salary figure.

PastorMikH
03-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Pretty cheap.

Too bad we didn't sign him :(

Carl isn't going to do any shopping in the first week period. He will wait until all the quality guys are gone then overpay for someone on the scrap heap.

Too bad we aren't at least talking to some of these FAs. We need a CB and this was a good price for a decent CB.

DMAC
03-10-2006, 12:22 PM
I would say that is a real possibillity

arrowheadnation
03-10-2006, 12:23 PM
**** CARL PETERSON AND THE WAY HE RUNS THIS ****ING TEAM.............**** HIM.

Mr. Laz
03-10-2006, 12:24 PM
I would say that is a real possibillity

i would say that's about the only CB free agent we'll sign. We might sign a cheapie veteran backup.

but it's Warfield and/or the Draft for our CB needs this year

PastorMikH
03-10-2006, 12:26 PM

Nah, we'll probably sign McCluck at a more attractive salary figure.

RedThat
03-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Nope, it'll be Battle or a rookie. I'll bet on it.

Im in agreement with this.

beer bacon
03-10-2006, 12:28 PM
**** CARL PETERSON AND THE WAY HE RUNS THIS ****ING TEAM.............**** HIM.

Hahahaha. Carl Peterson just said that not only is he not going to sign any FAs, he is also going to cut Trent Green, Willie Roaf, and Jared Allen. How does tht make you feel aarowheadnation?

arrowheadnation
03-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Hahahaha. Carl Peterson just said that not only is he not going to sign any FAs, he is also going to cut Trent Green, Willie Roaf, and Jared Allen. How does tht make you feel aarowheadnation?
I wouldn't put it past him. I mean afterall, we do need to prepare for the future. We are currently in a rebuilding mode after coming off our most recent Superbowl win. **** CARL PETERSON! SELL THE TEAM TO MARK CUBAN. AT LEAST HE'LL SPEND SOME ****ING MONEY!

Mecca
03-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Warfields not coming back.........Herm basically said that in an interview I saw with him.

Mecca
03-10-2006, 12:33 PM
I wouldn't put it past him. I mean afterall, we do need to prepare for the future. We are currently in a rebuilding mode after coming off our most recent Superbowl win. **** CARL PETERSON! SELL THE TEAM TO MARK CUBAN. AT LEAST HE'LL SPEND SOME ****ING MONEY!

Spending money is more about Lamar Hunt than Carl Peterson.......

Mr. Laz
03-10-2006, 12:34 PM
i had bacon and eggs for dinner last night ... a couple pieces of toast to.

fed the leftover bacon to the dog

keg in kc
Spending money is more about Lamar Hunt than Carl Peterson.......How dare you say that! Even though it's true.

beer bacon
i had bacon and eggs for dinner last night ... a couple pieces of toast to.

fed the leftover bacon to the dog

You sick bastard.

Amnorix
03-10-2006, 12:35 PM
4 years at an average of less than 2 million per year?! With the newly raised cap?!?!

:eek: WTF. That's MUCH lower than I would have thought...

Mecca
03-10-2006, 12:39 PM
4 years at an average of less than 2 million per year?! With the newly raised cap?!?!

:eek: WTF. That's MUCH lower than I would have thought...

Well alot of people think Sam Madison is done, he probably took what he could get.

Amnorix
03-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Well alot of people think Sam Madison is done, he probably took what he could get.

Really? He's 32 next month, so that's the wrong side of 30, but I didn't think he'd lost THAT much last year. I admit I didn't see many Dolphins games, and maybe I'm just remembering the guy I've seen for many years, rather than the guy that he is now.

I note that he had over 40 tackles last year. Not good for a CB. Could mean too many guys he's covering are catching the ball...

Amnorix
03-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Just looked up Surtain, and he always has over 40 tackles, so maybe the number is indicative of nothing. Some CBs are definitely better at run support than others as well, so that will mess up the numbers.

Madison had less than 40 every year until 3 years ago, and hten again last year. Might mean something, might not.

Iowanian
03-10-2006, 12:54 PM
If I hear one more time that Battle is the starter, before Camp....I think I'll be pissed.

He struggled when he did play, and tore his achielles, correct?

Thats not exactly an injury that players often come back, with full speed and agility. I would be less suprised to see Battle cut, than starting.

Lurch
03-10-2006, 12:56 PM
CP says we ain't gonna do much in the FA market. Doesn't anyone believe him? I do, even though I hope I'm wrong.

Mecca
03-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Really? He's 32 next month, so that's the wrong side of 30, but I didn't think he'd lost THAT much last year. I admit I didn't see many Dolphins games, and maybe I'm just remembering the guy I've seen for many years, rather than the guy that he is now.

I note that he had over 40 tackles last year. Not good for a CB. Could mean too many guys he's covering are catching the ball...

He's rapidly declining.......he has 2 Ints in the last 2 years. That's not all that hot, plus he's losing his speed.

arrowheadnation
03-10-2006, 01:01 PM
Teicher's article has put a figurative raincloud over my head.....**** CARL PETERSON, **** BENNIE SAPP STARTING, **** DICK VITALE, **** DUKE....oops, crossed over from another forum.

Spicy McHaggis
03-10-2006, 01:03 PM
I expected a bigger deal than that. They're not really hamstrung if they cut him early due to his signing bonus being only $2 million. Ty Law said he wants upwards of $10 million as a signing bonus.

I hope King Carl has someone else in mind (Dyson perhaps), because I'm not ready to shove Battle or Hodge into the starting spot.

keg in kc
03-10-2006, 01:07 PM
I've never understood the obsession with washed-up over-the-hill corners.

htismaqe
03-10-2006, 01:26 PM

Yeah, Mark Cuban has won a ton of championships...

Cochise
03-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Is it necessary to have a retarded Ty Law reference in every thread title?

arrowheadnation
03-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Yeah, Mark Cuban has won a ton of championships...
touche'......good point. I was on a rant though.