PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City travels to Denver: Broncos will win!

CASHMAN
09-18-2000, 10:11 AM
The Broncos have played really well over the last three weeks. Mike Anderson has stepped up to the challenge and is playing as well as ANY running back in the NFL.

Brian Griese is answering the challenge as well, and showing that he learned a great deal from the 6-10 debacle in 1999. Griese is playing as well, if not better than ANY other QB in the NFL so far this year.

McCaffery and Smith are both having great seasons so far, as well.

The Broncos' defense is playing typical "bend don't break" philosophy right now, but they are improving. However, the special teams remains a sore spot for the team.

Denver is out to prove to everyone that 1999 was a fluke. That being said, KC finally showed what their offense could do against the Chargers. The RB committee sucks, so let it fly with the WRs and Gonzo! That's exactly what KC will have to do if they intend to hang with the Broncos at Mile High.

Denver is having great success with it's CBs, Crockett and Buckley - Buckley is having a great year so far. Also, the LBs and DL are showing great improvement since week 1.

KC's defense is showing that it is pretty solid, but I don't know that they will be able to stop Denver ... their only hope is to try and contain the Broncos.

Denver will score in excess of 25 points this Sunday, the only question is whether or not KC can match them in the shootout!

I think it will either be an explosive affair, or a low scoring grudge match. I don't think the scoring will be lopsided, or that Denver will rout KC ... however, Denver will win!

Denver 37 (3-1)
KC 27 (1-3)

GO BRONCOS!

------------------
~Brad2K~

Raiderhader
09-18-2000, 10:17 AM
Brad: I tend to agree. I'm figuring that Denver will get out to a quick lead. Im really interested to see how KC reacts. We're a much different team on the road.

That said, this is division foe. We know how to play each other so Im guessing it will be a good, close contest.

Mark M [BornChiefs]
09-18-2000, 11:00 AM
lets look at something logically

faidas score 9pts against SD
Chiefs score 42pts against SD
faidas score 24? against "mighty denver"

I think that the taller recievers of the chiefs will do very well against buckley, who is short, opening up the running game.
The D-line looks pretty good and with Clemons back should do OK against denvers O.

I think Chiefs win if they don't revert back to week 2 game plan.

Chiefs 24
Denver 17<BR>

darkchief
09-18-2000, 11:12 AM
I think the only way that the Chiefs win this game is to keep the score low. If the Chiefs get into a shootout with the Broncos, I don't think they will be able to keep up with Denver.

Fort Chief
09-18-2000, 11:15 AM
First they must stop Mike Anderson so they can put Greise in passing situations. That's a tall order the way Denver is running the ball.

It's looks like KC will be 1-4 after they play St. Louis and Denver.

<P>

redbrian
09-18-2000, 11:16 AM
One positive: The Chiefs will be the first Bronco opponent with a good all-around front 7, IMO. They should be able to stop the run without keying on the RB.

San Diego's D is WAAAY overrated this year. The Chargers will battle with Cinci for worst team in the AFC this year, IMO.

AustinChief
09-18-2000, 11:19 AM
There really is nothing to argue about here. I have seen the chiefs play a total of 7 football games this season. I have also seen seven Bronco games this year.
So have all of you.

I guess even though you are all KC fans, you will pick the broncos to win in the NFL picks.You know, since it is not "WHO YOU HOPE WILL WIN", but "WHO YOU THINK WILL WIN".

Oh well, you have all decided to use logic as an argument when it suits you. My guess, you all find a way to forget about logic this week!

I am flattered that a Bronco games turns all of you into true fans. Like I have said time and time again, there is no place for logic or objectivity in football fandom! All week long you will prove my point.

Mile High Mania,
I am even going to through you into the pattsy group. You sure are proud of the Broncos NOW, aren't you? Of course, you didn't think they stood a good chance of beating the Rams, and weren't sure if the Broncos would run over Atlanta, and anyone that said the Broncos would destroy the Raiders was probably "talking out their arse", and this week will NOT be a cake walk, BUT after Denver destroys KC at milehigh you will be the first one to post a thread about the Bad *** Broncos.

Don't be such a beotch! Your giving us Bronco fans a bad name. Quit walking the line, take a chance at being wrong! KC fans, this week anyway, will show you how is should be done!<BR>

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-18-2000, 11:22 AM
Brad,

I think Gus Frerotte will throw a TD or two. If you can isolate a RB or WR on Gus to keep him from headbutting a brick wall, you may have a chance in this game. I would put Rod Smith on him because Gus is a risk to break the head butt out at any time and you need somebody quick to stay up with him.

darkchief
09-18-2000, 11:22 AM
Cannibal,

The Chiefs play @home agianst Seattle & Oakland before playing St Louis.

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-18-2000, 11:24 AM
BroncoFan,

This week, I'm picking the Chiefs because I think they will win it. Actually I'm doing it so you won't give me sh*t about it. Thanks, you've really helped me become a much more dedicated Chiefs fan. I owe it all to you!!!

AustinChief
09-18-2000, 11:27 AM
KPhobia,

Your welcome! I knew you would change your tune as the season progressed.

Do you really THINK they will win? Or do you really, really, really HOPE they will win?

Fine line sometimes, huh?

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-18-2000, 11:30 AM
As I said in the 47 posts to you a couple of weeks ago, I pick based on who I believe will win. I ALWAYS hope the Chiefs win. I also "hope" you can deduce from this revelation that I think the Chiefs will win this weekend.... Afterall, we do need to keep our Denver sweep intact.

Fort Chief
Do they? My mistake.

They'll probably end up 2-5 after playing Denver, Seattle, Oakland and St. Louis.
Although, it's possible they could be 3-4 if they win against Seattle and Oakland.

milkman
I hope all the Broncos are as overconfident as you. Perhaps Gunther can serve you up a great big sh!t sandwich on Sunday. Keep talkin the talk.

------------------
Frazod

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Denver?

redbrian
09-18-2000, 11:32 AM
Broncofan,

SURELY you didn't think the Broncos really had a chance vs. the Rams, did you?

I KNOW you don't believe Denver is returning to the Super Bowl in the near future. There's NO WAY you could be such a homer, right?

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-18-2000, 11:34 AM
Clint,

Broncofan is to the Broncos on this board what Proctor (KCJohnny) is to Chiefs.... These guys eat homer sandwiches for lunch.

redbrian
09-18-2000, 11:37 AM
I doubt that Proctor goes to opposing teams' BBs and acts like a pr_ck.

alanm
09-18-2000, 11:49 AM
· Denver’s Offense is on track. Kansas City’s Defense is on track.
· Denver’s Defense is questionable. Kansas City’s Offense is questionable.

Here is the variable: Can our questionable Offense score on the Broncos questionable Defense?

It will be interesting as it pits the best of both teams against each other and also pits the worst of both teams against each other. I expect a real manic-depressive day. A victory for the Chiefs will not come from Defense alone. The Broncos are going to score points and our Offense will have to pull its share of the load.

We must hope that our D can slow down the Broncos O enough to preclude a shootout. Despite a fine showing yesterday, we do not want to get into a shootout where we have to depend on our Offense to keep pace with a better Offense [yes, Broncos Homers, I said a better Offense].

1. Raye must call a good game again.
2. Schottenheimer must not lose his nerve.
3. Gunther must continue to open up the O.
4. Grbac must be on again.

Given that all four of these things must happen for us to win with the fact that Mile High is a very tough venue and we tend to stink on the road and things do not look good for the red & gold. Still, this is a game we can win if we make the right choices [just as the Titans game could have been won had Schottenheimer made the right choice].

xoxo~
gaz
ready to rumble in Mile High.<BR>

The Blessed Virgin Larry
09-18-2000, 11:52 AM
If the Chiefs can run the ball because their passing game is working - they have a chance.<BR>

darkchief
09-18-2000, 11:54 AM
Chiefs Homer:

http://sites.netscape.net/mizzou5/Chiefs/homer.gif

[This message has been edited by mizzou5 (edited 09-18-2000).]

The Blessed Virgin Larry
09-18-2000, 11:55 AM
Gaz,
great assessment! We do have a chance. Stoyo MUST produce in this one!

AustinChief
09-18-2000, 12:02 PM
KPhobia,

Being a moderator, I was wondering if you could post the following legend somewhere on the site.

I really really really really HOPE = I THINK

4rh=t

I guess, you THINK they will win because, Chiefs are 1-2, and because they have played terrible all season (except against the chargers at home), and because the Broncos have looked great in every game they have played(including the loss the the Rams), and because they are playing at Mile High.

Do I need to go on. Your distinction between "I THINK" and "I HOPE", early in the season, is making all of you look like idiots. This is why being logical and objective about your team sucks, it makes you look like an a-s-s when you start acting like a real fan!

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-18-2000, 12:17 PM
I just think the Broncos aren't as talented as I thought Indy & the Titans were. Therefore, I think we will win. It's quite simple, really. Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean I look like an a-s-s. You are the ultimate Denver homer and that's plain naive. If you haven't purchased your SB tickets & booked your flight to Tampa yet, don't talk to me....

Kckrazy
09-18-2000, 03:49 PM
Pile it High --

Can't you hang out were you belong --especially on MONDAYS ?

Come out of the closet, Homer !

Griese was and (IMO) still is the big "?" in Bumco land this season.
There's a good chance he may leave the field in a green cart on Sunday.
Anderson is more a product of the offensive system than a genuis pick.
Most Chief fans with LTM expect to get ripped of a few calls in Pile High. If the cut blocks are kept to a minimum and the vasaline is saved for lockeroom stalls, then I don't think Bumco team will gain 100+ yards on the ground.

That means Shaningan will test our young DBs and try to put us in our Nickel As Much As Possible. If we get the heat, Bumco team will put Greise at risk and the score should remain low .
As far as Smith having a good year, he should be thankful to be out of jail. I suppose his mercy "act" will wear off soon. Now as for "Romo" (the walking medicine cabinet) --isn't he ready to blow an aneuryism on the field yet ? That would be interesting to watch all the chemicals oozing out of his skull. Too bad all his afro-american team mates won't give a damn. Next year hell be starting in the XFL.

Sorry, I really didn't mean to kick your dog in the face, he was just slobbering all over my shoes.

Logical
09-18-2000, 03:56 PM
AZ, 'atta boy!
I have a feeling it's going to get deep around here this week.

htismaqe
09-18-2000, 04:02 PM
Someone cut-n-paste #21 so that we can have a real long laugh next week.

Luz
expect dante hall to figure big in this game...

CASHMAN
09-18-2000, 04:22 PM
Bronco Fan... I couldn't care any less about anything that you say. I'm sure you're Vance, since he likes to jump out here and call me out.

You don't have to be a dumba$$ to be a Broncos' fan, but you do a really good job of making people think so.

If you go back and read my posts, I said that I thought they could hang with the Rams and I did say that the Oakland game would not be a blowout.

33-24 is not a blowout! Yes, Denver was blowing them out in the first quarter ... that changed.

Logical
09-18-2000, 04:26 PM
Oh, now this is SO CUTE!
Our little DonkFans are smacking each other on a Chiefs BB.
If you boys can't play nice over here, I'm going to call your mommies to come take you home

CASHMAN
09-18-2000, 04:29 PM
No worries ... it's just Vance.

Bob Dole
09-18-2000, 07:24 PM
If we call a good offensive game we will win. If we play conservatively we will lose.

CASHMAN
09-18-2000, 10:33 PM
Nothing like going out on a limb, eh Dr. Red.

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

sd4chiefs
09-24-2000, 07:28 PM
http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif