PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand!

KCChiefsFan88
03-10-2006, 11:26 PM
I've been travelling for the past few days and finally had a chance tonight to catch up on all the Chiefs news from the past few days and after reading the article in the KC Star today about the Chiefs having about $7.5 million in cap room, but Carl remaining pretty firm that the Chiefs aren't going to be active in free agency... I don't understand!

Is Carl going to utilize his strategy from 2 years ago where he did next to nothing in free agency, besides re-signing a bunch of STIFFS on defense only to have the entire strategy blow up in his face the following season??

I'm not suggesting the Chiefs go on a spending spree or that they should be as active as they were last offseason, but the fact is this team isn't that far away, with an offense that probably has a 1 year window, and a defense with gaping holes in the secondary and on the defensive line. If the Chiefs are really interested in competing for a Super Bowl next season, wouldn't it be in the team's best interest to be aggressive in trying to sign a CB such as Ty Law, or a DE such as Trevor Pryce?

Judging from Carl's comments, this is going to be classic Carl Peterson... totally un-interested in doing what it takes to get the Chiefs over the top.

What a damn freaking shame

greg63
03-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Who knows why King Carl does anything?

Guru
03-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Who knows why King Carl does anything?

Couldn't come up with anything more insightful than that? Thanks Cap'n Obvious. :) ROFL

greg63
03-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Couldn't come up with anything more insightful than that? Thanks Cap'n Obvious. :) ROFL
ROFLROFL
Nope; I couldn't, but it nice to know that I have regained my Captain obviouse title!

-Captain Obvious

Smed1065
03-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Ty Law is too much $$ and he had his chance to try us last year and went elsewhere. We do not need a big $$ CB more than a defense.

Bob Dole
03-11-2006, 12:20 AM
We don't need any help on defense.

Eric Warfield was a complete stiff anyway, and Ryan Sims will actually be healthy enough to play more than 7 downs this season... It would be silly to spend money on free agents.

BIG K
03-11-2006, 12:24 AM

Eric Warfield was a complete stiff anyway, and Ryan Sims will actually be healthy enough to play more than 7 downs this season... It would be silly to spend money on free agents.

ROFL

KCChiefsFan88
03-11-2006, 07:51 PM

ROFL And don't forget we still have Gunther, the Goddess of Defense