PDA

View Full Version : Comic book anybody read them

big nasty kcnut
03-11-2006, 09:13 PM
I do right now i'm enjoying infinite crisis and waiting for the new flash comic book.

4th and Long
03-11-2006, 09:35 PM
I read them ... when I was 8.

melbar
03-11-2006, 09:37 PM
A buddy of mine does color for Marvel comics.

KcMizzou
03-11-2006, 09:46 PM
A buddy of mine does color for Marvel comics. At least he's not a tracer.

big nasty kcnut
03-11-2006, 09:58 PM
lol

Over-Head
03-11-2006, 10:12 PM
I still have the first series "Iron Man" complete witht eh re-print of the Tales of Suspense primer with only 3 of the total 312 missing.

I also had ALL the "War Machine" and "Force Works" issues as well.

Iíve got some assorted "Flash"issues from the Trial where he killed "Kid Flash"
A bunch of "Power Man & Iron Fist" issues, as well as some other assorted rarities.

Dunit35
03-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Comic book, what's that?

big nasty kcnut
03-11-2006, 10:31 PM
No the trial was that barry allen killed the reverse flash. Also i read comic cause it help with the creative process.

TrickyNicky
03-11-2006, 11:24 PM
I used to read a lot when I was younger. Now I mainly pick up stuff by a select few writers:

Gaiman
Moore
Miller
Ennis
Ellis
Morrison
Azzarello
Vaughan

I'll pick up anything by them. They are the best of the best IMO. I'm finishing up V for Vendetta before the movie hits. It's pretty good but thats not surprising from Moore.

StcChief
03-11-2006, 11:29 PM
I read them ... when I was 8.Yep....

Quality of art etc, may be better now, I don't know.

Cochise
03-12-2006, 01:35 AM
I read them when I was younger... really only Marvel stuff, between Secret Wars and the early 90s.

I do have an an almost 200 issue run of uncanny x-men. I got a subscription one year in the 80s sometime and just kept it going. I don't even open them anymore, but I did see that Claremont is writing it again so I meant to read a couple of them. That was always the book I was into the most. The villains were real, they didn't just congratulate themselves on how evil they were or do things just for the sake of being evil. They didn't really think they were villains.

I read that one, spider-man, iron man, punisher... I liked the cosmic ones a lot too. Everything but the Avengers pretty much... they always seemed a little too cornball for me.

Rausch
03-12-2006, 01:46 AM
I read them when I was younger... really only Marvel stuff, between Secret Wars and the early 90s.

I do have an an almost 200 issue run of uncanny x-men. I got a subscription one year in the 80s sometime and just kept it going. I don't even open them anymore, but I did see that Claremont is writing it again so I meant to read a couple of them.

I'll fight to the death with any man who'd argue against the "Inferno" storyline in X-Men/New Mutants being the best ever.

Taco John
03-12-2006, 04:33 AM
I don't read fiction at this stage in my life, and I'm not sure if that's a bad or a good thing. I mostly read for reference. For instance, I'm reading several books right now on the history of Broadcast Radio, several books about web design, several books about being an expectant father, and also a book about how to speed read better. Hell, Amazon drops a package in my mailbox at least once a week.

oaklandhater
03-12-2006, 04:39 AM
I do right now i'm enjoying infinite crisis and waiting for the new flash comic book.

More of a MArvel fan here been reading House of M and the ultimates.

Cochise
03-12-2006, 07:23 AM
I'll fight to the death with any man who'd argue against the "Inferno" storyline in X-Men/New Mutants being the best ever.

Was that the one where Jean merged with her clone? I think I remember that.

It's pretty cliche but I read the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix in trade back then and that was probably my favorite. Days of Future Past I remember liking a lot too.

Bowser
03-12-2006, 10:54 AM
I always seemed to like Marvel much more than DC. The Secret Wars and the Infinity Gems storylines were probably my favorites. It's been so long since I have picked up a comic, that I wouldn't be able to navigate my way through the storylines. Marvel has their "Ultimates", which I don't understand.

The Marvel titles I used to get were

X-Men
Avengers
Spider Man
Silver Surfer
What If....?

As far as DC goes, I got into Superman, Batman, and the Justice League. I never kept up with them regularly, just browsed.

However, one of the last series I bought in comics was DC's Kingdom Come. It was an excellent story of the near future and how normal people were untrusting of super-powered people. Very dark.

Psyko Tek
03-12-2006, 02:22 PM
I am a Baaad person
I either get my fix from trade paper backs at the library

or bittorrent them

favortites
morrison
ellis
alan moore
JLA
Batman
X-men
loved the authority back when
Spidey

Frank Miller when he's on, sin cityDaqrk Knight returns

meStevo
03-12-2006, 04:15 PM
My first job was at a comic book store, when I was 12 i made $5/hr store credit. Worked there for 4 years.

I stopped buying/reading comics around the time the Onslaught stuff started.

Too bad none of the stuff I have is even worth the paper its printed on anymore, the market used to be so hot and so collectible. People used to pay so much for stuff like signed Gen 13 and whatnot (ive got 1-3 of the mini series signed by everyone, they were at our store, and there's even an ad for the signing event in one of the issues).

Fun stuff, I miss it.

- Steve

Rain Man
03-12-2006, 05:30 PM
I liked comic books when I was a little kid. My uncle, who was only 13 years older than me, had a huge collection that I would read when I went to my grandmother's house. I never understood his collection, though, because he had Sgt. Rock, Archie, and then those weird romance comics.