PDA

View Full Version : The genious that is Carl Peterson

cdcox
03-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Number 4 with a bullet.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2006/03/08/gallery.freeagents/index.7.exclude.html

Mr. Laz
03-12-2006, 12:36 PM
so where's the link to the other 50 free agents he signed that weren't worth a crap?

Bowser
03-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Wasn't it Wesley Snipes who said "Even the sun shines on a dog's ass every now and again"?

Mile High Mania
03-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Doesn't the presence of Gannon on that list with the Raiders sorta balance it out ... even steven ... for Carl?

StcChief
03-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Doesn't the presence of Gannon on that list with the Raiders sorta balance it out ... even steven ... for Carl?

That's What I was thinking.... The one he let get away to keep Elvis Gaybac

cdcox
03-12-2006, 01:05 PM

The thread title is pretty much tongue in cheek.

But getting rid of that choker Gannon was a great move. The Chiefs weren't going to run Chuckie's offence, which was custom made for rag-arm-Rich. If only Carl had gotten rid of the other choker on our roster at the same time.

SNR
03-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Doesn't the presence of Gannon on that list with the Raiders sorta balance it out ... even steven ... for Carl?Not to mention that very same FA year CP signed such freeloaders as Glenn Cadrez and Ray Crockett who would start the almighty black hole of suck that would be the Chiefs defense to come

Count Alex's Losses
03-12-2006, 02:10 PM

No. Gannon wasn't a free agent and it was a Marty decision, IMO.

Count Alex's Losses
03-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Not to mention that very same FA year CP signed such freeloaders as Glenn Cadrez and Ray Crockett who would start the almighty black hole of suck that would be the Chiefs defense to come

Those were GROB blunders. He told Dick and Carl those were the players he wanted.

I don't like Carl but I am not going to lay the mistakes of others at his feet.

Rain Man
03-12-2006, 02:25 PM
It's an interesting list.

Reggie White, Deion Sanders, Curtis Martin, Shannon Sharpe, and to some extent Bryce Paup were all established, big-name stars when they were signed.

Keenan McCardell and Sam Adams were established veterans, though I wouldn't necessarily say they were stars.

Only Priest Holmes, Rich Gannon, and Stephen Davis were relative unknowns (or had Davis had a good season or two prior to going to Carolina?).

Even more interesting is the fact that they're calling these guys the greatest free-agent pickups of all time, but only 4 of them ended up winning a Super Bowl with their new team. That says a lot.

NaptownChief
03-12-2006, 02:34 PM

Well considering Holmes helped bring zero playoff wins to KC and Gannon was the primary factor in the Raiders making it to a Super Bowl I would have to say "not really".

dj56dt58
03-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Well considering Holmes helped bring zero playoff wins to KC and Gannon was the primary factor in the Raiders making it to a Super Bowl I would have to say "not really".
Yeah but Gannon also had this one thing the chiefs didnt...i don't remember what it is called though. I'm pretty sure we used to have it in Kansas City..but I just can't remember the name of it. :banghead:

Bob Dole
03-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Yeah but Gannon also had this one thing the chiefs didnt...i don't remember what it is called though. I'm pretty sure we used to have it in Kansas City..but I just can't remember the name of it. :banghead:

A stalker?

SNR
03-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Yeah but Gannon also had this one thing the chiefs didnt...i don't remember what it is called though. I'm pretty sure we used to have it in Kansas City..but I just can't remember the name of it. :banghead:Andre Rison?

MGRS13
03-12-2006, 03:48 PM
The worst preformance by a QB in superbowl history?