PDA

View Full Version : Pure genious brought to you by PastorMikH

Mr. Laz
03-12-2006, 05:57 PM
I guess the chickenhawks will be the team Texas thrashes tommowow now

http://media.kusports.com/img/lead/03-12-06_ku2.jpg

Freshmen lead No. 18 Jayhawks to Big 12 title http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/med/trans/2305.gif

KANSAS - 80
TEXAS -68

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=260710251

DALLAS (AP) -- The Kansas Jayhawks considered their only loss over the last two months a bit of a fluke because they did so many things wrong. Given another chance against the Texas Longhorns, the Jayhawks showed why they think they're the best team in the Big 12.

Handling with ease the big-game pressure that rattled them in Austin two weeks ago, Kansas (No. 18 ESPN/USA Today; No. 17 AP) was terrific outside and played great defense to beat the eighth-ranked Longhorns 80-68 Sunday in the finals of the conference tournament.

The Jayhawks (25-7) roll into the NCAA Tournament having won 15 of 16 games and giddy over avenging an 80-55 loss on Feb. 25. When the rematch was set following the semifinals, several young Kansas players said they were eager to show Texas (27-6) how much they've grown up in only a few weeks -- and didn't need long to prove it.

Brandon Rush, the first freshman ever named to the All-Big 12 team, was 1-for-8 with three points in the previous meeting, but opened this game with two 3-pointers. That set a tone as Kansas went on to hit a season-best 12, on 24 attempts.

Then, in the final minutes, fellow freshman Julian Wright made the big plays. The 6-foot-8 forward reached around Texas guard A.J. Abrams and poked the ball the away, then turned it into a tomahawk dunk that put Kansas ahead 67-63. With 36 seconds left, Wright iced the victory with a 360-degree dunk in the open court following a blocked 3-pointer on the other end.

Mario Chalmers, another freshman, scored 15 points and had the honor of dribbling out the clock while his teammates were already celebrating. Eager to join them, he slammed the ball down with about a second left and ran over. Soon after, Chalmers was named the tournament's most outstanding player. Wright joined him on the all-tournament team.

Senior Jeff Hawkins made his first four 3s and finished with 13 points. Sophomore Russell Robinson scored 14 points, while Rush and Wright each had 12.

Texas seemed to be hanging in the entire game, struggling to find any rhythm on offense. Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge scored only five points on 1-of-5 shooting and was limited to 28 minutes because of foul trouble.

P.J. Tucker, the conference's player of the year, kept the Longhorns in it with 16 points and eight rebounds, and Kenton Paulino had 19 points, including five 3-pointers.

But the scrappiness held up only so long. After a basket with 10:15 left, Texas didn't get another until a dunk by Brad Buckman with 1:00 left. The Longhorns missed seven shots and had three turnovers along the way, letting a 57-55 lead turn into an 11-point deficit.

Kansas won its first Big 12 title since taking the first three, a run that ended in 1999. The Jayhawks had only been back to the finals once, in 2002.

Texas lost for the second time in its last five games and fell to 0-3 in Big 12 tournament finals, having also lost in 2001 and 2004.

Still, the Longhorns will head into the NCAA Tournament trying to follow their football and baseball teams as national champions; no school has ever held all three crowns at the same time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Voice your opinion: Men's College Basketball Message Boards

teedubya
03-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Rock chalk, bitches!

|Zach|
03-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Heh, a whole thread for this.

Mr. Laz
03-12-2006, 06:11 PM

yep... you know with find particularly mouthy MUron fans i like to take a little time to send the very best.

you'd know about mouthy MUron fans ....... wouldn't you Zach? :)

ROYC75
03-12-2006, 06:12 PM

Yep, MU fans need to see this one !

http:////media.kusports.com/img/lead/03-12-06_ku2.jpg

|Zach|
03-12-2006, 06:13 PM
yep... you know with find particularly mouthy MUron fans i like to take a little time to send the very best.

I personally enjoy the fact you feel you need to prove yourself to MU fans.

Mr. Laz
03-12-2006, 06:15 PM
got nothing to do with proving anything

shutting their big fat traps up for a few blissful seconds is rather enjoyable though.

|Zach|
03-12-2006, 06:17 PM
got nothing to do with proving anything

Hey whatever helps you sleep at night bud. ROFL ROFL

Mr. Kotter
03-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Rrrrooooccckkkkk Ccccchhhhaallllllllkkkkkk, Jjjjjjjaaaayyyyyhhhhhawwwwkkkk....
KKKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuu

RRrooocckk Ccchhaalllllkkk, Jjjaayhhhawkkk....
KKKKKkkkkkkkUUUUuuuuuuuuu.....

RRrockk Ccchhlllkkk, Jjayhawkk....
KKKkkk-UUuuuuuuu.....

RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!
RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!
ROCKCHALK JAYHAWK, KKK-UUUU!!!

Go Baby Jays!

:KU:

Lzen
03-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Nice thread. Of course, you know the KU haters will be out in full force when KU loses their next game. In any case, it's been a great season. I suppose that won't matter if they lose in the 1st round again this year. Naw, that ain't gonna happen. Rock chalk, baby!! :KU:

Lzen
03-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Senior Jeff Hawkins made his first four 3s and finished with 13 points.

Speaking of J Hawk, he was unconcious for awhile today. Nice job by the senior.

Mr. Laz
03-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Speaking of J Hawk, he was unconcious for awhile today. Nice job by the senior.

in the last 2 games, Hawk is like 9 of 11 from 3 point range. :eek:

CoMoChief
03-12-2006, 07:43 PM

No offense Zach, but the thread probably wasnt intentionally directed towards MU fans, then you had to smart off. :evil: If KSU or MU had an accomplishment like this there sure as hell would be a thread about it. And to go with that a few KU fans would bash the thread. It goes both ways I guess, thats why its called a rivalry.

PastorMikH
03-12-2006, 09:16 PM

Yeah, amazing isn't it Zach? Notice how when they lost two weeks ago by 25 points to Texas they were fairly scarce, now they show up in groves. You know, the actual team wouldn't be so bad, but the fans are simply amazing, their arrogant banter is even worse than Donkey fans. Shoot, I really though TX would take them again. I was wrong this time. Big deal, it isn't the first time that's happened and it probably won't be the last. I guess they can have their fun.

Skip Towne
03-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeah, amazing isn't it Zach? Notice how when they lost two weeks ago by 25 points to Texas they were fairly scarce, now they show up in groves. You know, the actual team wouldn't be so bad, but the fans are simply amazing, their arrogant banter is even worse than Donkey fans. Shoot, I really though TX would take them again. I was wrong this time. Big deal, it isn't the first time that's happened and it probably won't be the last. I guess they can have their fun.
In groves? Where did you go to school? MU?

Lzen
03-12-2006, 09:24 PM

That's the best you can do? Wow.......just.....wow.
:shake:

Skip Towne
03-12-2006, 09:29 PM
That's the best you can do? Wow.......just.....wow.
:shake:
Yeah, agreed, the Pastor is a bandwaggoner. He's a MUron sometimes and an Okie at other times and lately he's been a Longhorn. He tried to live in Kansas but Kansas spit him out. You really can't blame him for being bitter.

Mr. Laz
03-12-2006, 09:42 PM
I guess they can have their fun.
live by smack, die by smack ... 2 guys that you can consistently find in a KU game threads talking crap, Zach and pastermikH.

can someone get the pastor his binky or sumthin' .......... diaper change?? :shrug:

|Zach|
03-12-2006, 09:52 PM
They are up right now and they deserve it. No biggie.

Besides...they know MU fans still show up when their team is down.

|Zach|
03-12-2006, 09:52 PM
live by smack, die by smack :
You really wrote that didn't you.

Mr. Laz
03-12-2006, 09:56 PM
You really wrote that didn't you.

one day at a time
a rose by any other name...
it's not over ...

got a million of 'em :p

Bearcat
03-13-2006, 05:01 PM

ROFL !!!!

I was going to respond to your first post, since it's kind of dumb to thing there wouldn't be a thread about KU winning the Big 12 tournament.... and then saw Pastor's piece of work about how we weren't around when we lost to Texas earlier, even though I don't remember all the KU fans leaving because of it..... but holy crap, look at a few of the gameday threads for February/March, if you can find them, and tell me MU fans are just as good about being around than KU fans ROFL

~ bumped just because....

StcChief
03-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Given KU's bracket. They got a good shot at final 4.

Tactical Funky
03-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Given KU's bracket. They got a good shot at final 4.
I think they have a good shot, but they need to keep up this momentum and their youth could catch up with them if they overlook anything.

Still, Syracuse managed to win it all with a young squad just like ours, so I can't see why it isn't a decent possibility.

*keeps fingers crossed*

Brock
03-13-2006, 07:48 PM

A few of them do. Mostly when KU loses.

alanm
03-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Actually they both are still Co Big 12 champs. Kansas just happens to be the Big 12 tourney champ. One really has nothing to do with the other. :)

PastorMikH
03-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Lets see if my current streak can continue. I'll predict KU will shred Bradley then thrash Pittsuburg.

:)

Saulbadguy
03-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Actually they both are still Co Big 12 champs. Kansas just happens to be the Big 12 tourney champ. One really has nothing to do with the other. :)
Hey Alan..looks like Huskerland has another year of Collier, like I predicted! :)

CoMoChief
03-13-2006, 08:58 PM

Uhh MU fans dont show up at all when the team is down. Did you ever happen to see the attendence whenever MU wasnt playing KU at home? Pathetic.

CoMoChief
03-13-2006, 09:01 PM

Youre right it doesnt but you wouldnt say that had KU lost in the championship game right?

Skip Towne
03-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Lets see if my current streak can continue. I'll predict KU will shred Bradley then thrash Pittsuburg.

Oh, noes, we're doomed now. Actually, I think it is going to take a pretty good team to beat them. These kids haven't been around long enough to get cocky or complacent. Also, they are starting to pass the ball around looking for an opening instead of all the wild passes they used to throw away. And their free throwing and three shooting is much improved. That said, Bradley will probably beat them by 20.

OldTownChief
03-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Congratulations Baby Jays.

Bearcat
03-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Also, they are starting to pass the ball around looking for an opening instead of all the wild passes they used to throw away.

The biggest difference from last year is that these kids actually buy into what Self says... their offense against a zone is the prime example. I've never seen a team pass so much... regardless if it works or not, they listen to their coach.

Skip Towne
03-13-2006, 09:22 PM
The biggest difference from last year is that these kids actually buy into what Self says... their offense against a zone is the prime example. I've never seen a team pass so much... regardless if it works or not, they listen to their coach.
I think you are exactly right. Even during this season I have noticed them passing the ball more than I ever saw a Royboy team do. And they can really whip it around a zone defense and find openings. Other teams can't try to stop just one guy. There is no selfishness going on and any of 4-5 guys can beat you. Not to mention their deep bench. I'm finally starting to get confidence in this team. Hard to believe these kids are 18 and 19 years old. They DO listen to Self and it shows.

Lzen
03-13-2006, 10:15 PM
A few of them do. Mostly when KU loses.

Ding ding ding.......we have a winner!!

Lzen
03-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Youre right it doesnt but you wouldnt say that had KU lost in the championship game right?

Actually, I haven't seen alanm slamming KU. He's been pretty cool from what I've seen. ;)

Mr. Laz
03-13-2006, 10:18 PM
I think you are exactly right. Even during this season I have noticed them passing the ball more than I ever saw a Royboy team do. And they can really whip it around a zone defense and find openings. Other teams can't try to stop just one guy. There is no selfishness going on and any of 4-5 guys can beat you. Not to mention their deep bench. I'm finally starting to get confidence in this team. Hard to believe these kids are 18 and 19 years old. They DO listen to Self and it shows.
sometimes i think they might pass it a little too much.

they have the talent to take it to the rack off the dribble sometimes without the 3 extra passes.

don't get me wrong, i like the passing, but i've seen guys pass up a open path to the basket from only a couple feet away to pass the ball.

the key is shooting imo ... if we shoot decent ... just decent we are extremely difficult to beat.

if Hawk and chalmers hit the 3's in the NCAA like they did in the big 12 tourney ...... look out!!!

Eleazar
03-13-2006, 10:32 PM
MU fan... showing I am still around.

Yes, I know we suck. But I'm still here.

Thank you, that is all.

beer bacon
03-13-2006, 10:34 PM

If you start the thread then you are one being mouthy. I am surprised you find time to be both a cocky douchebag about the Jayhawks and a whiny bitch about the Chiefs at the same time. Do you ever mix them up?

RealSNR
03-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Give them a break, guys. The MUrons are just depressed that it's not football season and their AFLAC Ditech.com Coal City Peach Bowl game won't come for another few months

KcMizzou
03-13-2006, 10:35 PM
MU fan... showing I am still around.

Yes, I know we suck. But I'm still here.

Thank you, that is all.Yeah, that about covers it.

beer bacon
03-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Give them a break, guys. The MUrons are just depressed that it's not football season and their AFLAC Ditech.com Coal City Peach Bowl game won't come for another few months

"MUrons" approaches Manish levels of idiotic smack.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2006, 10:37 PM
If you start the thread then you are one being mouthy. I am surprised you find time to be both a cocky douchebag about the Jayhawks and a whiny bitch about the Chiefs at the same time. Do you ever mix them up?
ya .. whatever bacon, go f*ck yourself with a big stick

everytime you open your mouth some kind of dumbassery flows out like vomit from a pig.

RealSNR
03-13-2006, 10:38 PM
"MUrons" approaches Manish levels of idiotic smack.Someone sounds touchy

beer bacon
03-13-2006, 10:38 PM
ya .. whatever bacon, go f*ck yourself with a big stick

everytime you open your mouth some kind of dumbassery flows out like vomit from a pig.

Why don't you just call me a MUron :p

Mr. Laz
03-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Why don't you just call me a MUron :p
i thought i did .... just with the expanded description.

:D

MUron = vomitous pig spewage

beer bacon
03-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Someone sounds touchy

It does get mildly annoying when regulars here turn into Spider when we switch from talking NFL to NCAA basketball.

Also a little upset that the American baseball team has blown two bases loaded scoring opportunities with Ks. My frustration may be bleeding into my posts a bit.

RealSNR
03-13-2006, 10:44 PM
It does get mildly annoying when regulars here turn into Spider when we switch from talking NFL to NCAA basketball.

Also a little upset that the American baseball team has blown two bases loaded scoring opportunities with Ks. My frustration may be bleeding into my posts a bit.It's mutual. For every thread like this there are 1000 threads, sigs, and avis praising Bucknell months after the tourney is over.

The difference being this thread will probably die in 48 hours.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2006, 10:44 PM
My frustration may be bleeding into my posts a bit.
yep ... definately looks like your bleeding a bit

http://www.herbpalace.com/womens-health/kotex.jpg

beer bacon
03-13-2006, 10:48 PM
yep ... definately looks like your bleeding a bit

http://www.herbpalace.com/womens-health/kotex.jpg

Funny and original! That will show me to write figuratively.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Funny and original! That will show me to write figuratively.
thank you, thank you very much

i'll be here all week ........ don't forget the 2 drink minimum.

alanm
03-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Hey Alan..looks like Huskerland has another year of Collier, like I predicted! :)
Yeah, I guess Pedersen couldn't fire him after going 19-12. Damn Missouri!! Why couldn't you beat Nebraska in the 1st tourney game!! :cuss: :cuss:

alanm
03-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Actually, I haven't seen alanm slamming KU. He's been pretty cool from what I've seen. ;)
I'm a Creighton fan. :)

listopencil
03-14-2006, 01:04 AM
What the hell does "rock chalk jayhawk" mean?

teedubya
03-14-2006, 01:19 AM
Freshmen and Sophomores, Bitches!!!

Hammock Parties
03-14-2006, 02:23 AM
Sometimes it really gets old from each side of the arguments from a KU perspective, KSU perspective and MU perspective about eachother. When somebody isnt here when their team loses means that they know really there isnt anything that they can say, because if they do say anything somebody calls it bitching about the outcome of a game/refs or anything. Everybody does it us KU fans do it, MU fans do it and Kstate fans do it. Why dont we just enjoy a win or let another team enjoy their win?

Hootie
03-14-2006, 02:24 AM
Sometimes it really gets old from each side of the arguments from a KU perspective, KSU perspective and MU perspective about eachother. When somebody isnt here when their team loses means that they know really there isnt anything that they can say, because if they do say anything somebody calls it bitching about the outcome of a game/refs or anything. Everybody does it us KU fans do it, MU fans do it and Kstate fans do it. Why dont we just enjoy a win or let another team enjoy their win?
because then sports, and rivalries, would be lame.

Hammock Parties
03-14-2006, 02:24 AM
What the hell does "rock chalk jayhawk" mean?

Its a quote that Rhymes that was created around 1870 i think by some teachers at KU. they were trying to come up with a chant even though they had no sports teams at all.

Hammock Parties
03-14-2006, 02:26 AM
because then sports, and rivalries, would be lame.

Well yah, i guess your right.

You could start your own thread bashing the other team so that each teams fans can talk on a thread without interuption and can go onto the other thread to talk shit with eachother, lol. Just throwin shit out of my ass

PastorMikH
03-17-2006, 11:32 PM

Shoot! Wrong again. Blast away at me Laz.

Mr. Kotter
03-18-2006, 12:48 AM

If you don't mind my French, pastor....read between the lines..... :)

4321 4321 4321

Sure-Oz
03-18-2006, 02:16 AM
how the **** did they choke this shit off, i didnt think it was ****ing possible WOW.....

One of my best friends being a Bradley student is rolling, wtf

Eleazar
03-18-2006, 08:07 AM
If you don't mind my French, pastor....read between the lines..... :)

4321 4321 4321

You can't swear at a member of the clergy you know ;)

Baby Lee
03-18-2006, 08:18 AM
how the **** did they choke this shit off, i didnt think it was ****ing possible WOW.....

One 1st round choke is speedbump.
Two is an indelible and permanent scar.
Mark my words, if Self or KU, whether together or apart, win a championship 20 years from now. The tagline will be;

"It's been a long hard road back to respectability from the teams that were routinely bounced in the first round."

gblowfish
03-18-2006, 09:09 AM
Cartman: "Ummm, your tears are so yummy and sweet., the tears of unfathomable sadness. Yummy, yummy guys."

Baby Lee
03-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Cartman: "Ummm, your tears are so yummy and sweet., the tears of unfathomable sadness. Yummy, yummy guys."
Kids born after the last Chiefs playoff win are in middle school.

Brock
03-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Kids born after the last Chiefs playoff win are in middle school this very moment.

ROFL

PastorMikH
03-18-2006, 09:43 AM

As was told me by another BB member after the Texas lost to KU, KS didn't choke, they got beat.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2006, 10:23 AM

gotta give it up to you .......... you're wrong more than any MUron should have to be.

Calcountry
03-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Given KU's bracket. They got a good shot at final 4.Ouch, reality bites, doesn't it?

I don't need to continue with the thread, my condolences.
:D

Sure-Oz
03-18-2006, 10:58 PM
KU did have probably the "easiest" way to get to the final four with the bracket, like the chiefs, they didn't take advantage. This should drive them to next year.