Fat Elvis
03-13-2006, 07:11 AM
Is Tony dead?

StcChief
03-13-2006, 07:15 AM
You can't lose Tony S. yet.

Bootlegged
03-13-2006, 07:22 AM
Can't be...season previews show him around a lot more.

Fat Elvis
03-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Not killing him off is cheap.

jspchief
03-13-2006, 09:02 AM
Nice f*cking spoiler asshole.

ENDelt260
03-13-2006, 10:02 AM
I think if a show airs on Sunday night... and there's a thread about it on Monday morning... it might be safe to assume there's discussion about what happened in the show inside the thread.

jspchief
03-13-2006, 10:09 AM
I think if a show airs on Sunday night... and there's a thread about it on Monday morning... it might be safe to assume there's discussion about what happened in the show inside the thread.There's already a thread about the show (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137209), and there's already a thread about the season.
(http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135037)
This is just a thread titled "Sopranos Poll". It could be asking anything about the Sopranos. Even so, I was cautious enough to use thread preview before opening it, only to see "Is Tony dead?"

It's a f*cking spoiler. Excuse me for not liking it when some douche bag ruins an episode for me just to start another thread to discuss something that could have been covered in either of the existing threads.

RickObie
03-13-2006, 10:15 AM
No way he's going to die! At least not this early in the season.

Fat Elvis
03-13-2006, 10:20 AM
I think if a show airs on Sunday night... and there's a thread about it on Monday morning... it might be safe to assume there's discussion about what happened in the show inside the thread.

Retards aren't smart enough to figure that one out. Especially when it is all over the net, not just the planet.

jspchief
03-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Retards aren't smart enough to figure that one out. Especially when it is all over the net, not just the planet.Whatever asshole. At least the other poster that started a thread about this had the common courtesy to label it a spoiler.

Anyways, Thanks dumbf*ck.

ENDelt260
03-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Hey, look on the bright side, jsp. At least he didn't mention the scene where Christopher buttf*cked Carmela. By comparison that was much more shocking than Tony getting shot in the gut.

Fat Elvis
03-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Whatever asshole. At least the other poster that started a thread about this had the common courtesy to label it a spoiler.

Anyways, Thanks dumbf*ck.

Who's the dumb****? Other threads have "major spoiler" on them, a new thread the next day comes up, and you don't realize that
maybe it had something to do with the new episode. I apologize to you if you are too stupid to figure that one out. 7,212 out of 7,213 members got it. You didn't.

jspchief
03-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Hey, look on the bright side, jsp. At least he didn't mention the scene where Christopher buttf*cked Carmela. By comparison that was much more shocking than Tony getting shot in the gut.I went ahead and watched the episode now. Thanks though. Next you're going to make another original post about how much you drink.

I guess expecting some courtesy in regards to this thing is asking a lot on this site.

Katipan
03-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Baby, did you drink more when Tony got shot or when Carmella got ass ****ed?

ENDelt260
03-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Should we start adding "WARNING: SPOILERS" to the title of Monday morning threads discussing football games played on Sunday as well? Y'know, just in case someone tivo'ed it and hasn't had a chance to watch it yet.

jspchief
03-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Who's the dumb****? You are. Besides starting another thread about something that's already being discussed, you also ignore that the other thread has "spoiler" in the title (that might tip you off that some people are conscious of spoilers), and the only thing in the post is the spoiler, so even a thread preview from the front page ruins it.

I guess I'm dumb for not realizing that this would be another thread discussing the same thing as the other two threads on the front page. Maybe you should start a few more threads on the subject in case three aren't enough either.

ENDelt260
03-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Baby, did you drink more when Tony got shot or when Carmella got ass ****ed?
I took three drinks for each... but, I think I screwed up the rules. I think Carmella asssex is supposed to be four drinks.

Katipan
03-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Thats usually how many drinks it takes me... oh never mind.

jspchief
03-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Should we start adding "WARNING: SPOILERS" to the title of Monday morning threads discussing football games played on Sunday as well? Y'know, just in case someone tivo'ed it and hasn't had a chance to watch it yet.Give me a break. A more descriptive title would have tipped me off. If there weren't already two threads on the subject on the front page, I might have been tipped off. If the first thing in the thread preview wasn't the spoiler, I might have been tipped off.

It's not like I was blindly stumbling around the internet doing searches for "Sopranos, season 6, episode 1".

Whatever. At least the other dude that started a thread was smart enough to note the spoiler. I guess I should know better than to expect intelligent actions from the idiots on the site.

Baby Lee
03-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Thats usually how many drinks it takes me... oh never mind.
What exactly is the physiological effect of the alcohol

Dulled neuroreceptors?
Dulled inhibitions?
Increased starfish elasticity?

jspchief
03-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Thats usually how many drinks it takes me... To what? Cheat on your husband?

Fat Elvis
03-13-2006, 10:43 AM
SPOILER: We landed on the moon.

Katipan
03-13-2006, 10:43 AM
I bet they're all drunk.

Baby Lee
03-13-2006, 10:44 AM
KU won the big 12 tourney

Steelers won the SB

Katipan
03-13-2006, 10:45 AM
To what? Cheat on your husband?

If it was possible to do, it would take WAY less than 4 drinks.

Fat Elvis
Here is a thought...

Take your tivo, shove it up your stupid ass and stay off the interweb until you watch all the shows you want to see on it. Otherwise, don't bitch if people are talking about something that happened the day before.

Katipan

You mother ****ing ****er of the ****ingiest ****ing ****ers!!

Baby Lee
03-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Here is a thought...

Take your tivo, shove it up your stupid ass and stay off the interweb until you watch all the shows you want to see on it.
http://guffman.warnerbros.com/small1/IMG0108.jpg

jspchief
03-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Here is a thought...

Take your tivo, shove it up your stupid ass and stay off the interweb until you watch all the shows you want to see on it. Otherwise, don't bitch if people are talking about something that happened the day before.Here's a thought. Try using the two existing threads on the subject.

Katipan
03-13-2006, 11:11 AM
How rude to edit an ongoing Sopranos thread to add a poll about one specific event.

Cochise
03-13-2006, 11:12 AM

No kidding. If something has already aired and you don't want spoilers, don't open threads about it.

ENDelt260
03-13-2006, 11:12 AM
How rude to edit an ongoing Sopranos thread to add a poll about one specific event.
I don't think Fat Elvis has the power to do that anyway.

And Lord knows he's not going to get one of those lazy moderators off their asses to add a poll to another person's thread for him.

Brock
03-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Whatever you do, don't read CNN/SI's Peter King column today. He talks about the Sopranos too.

Cochise
03-13-2006, 11:13 AM

ROFL

I hate to ruin it for anyone, but the 1993 Chiefs did not win the Super Bowl. No need to catch the rest of that season.

ENDelt260
03-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Whatever you do, don't read CNN/SI's Peter King column today. He talks about the Sopranos too.
I bet he had the common decency to title his column, "This piece contains Sopranos spoilers."

OnTheWarpath58
03-13-2006, 11:16 AM
No way!

WE LANDED ON THE MOON!

Fat Elvis
03-13-2006, 11:17 AM
http://guffman.warnerbros.com/small1/IMG0108.jpg

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.

Katipan
03-13-2006, 11:18 AM

And Lord knows he's not going to get one of those lazy moderators off their asses to add a poll to another person's thread for him.

You guys are so great for having that hover preview thingy going on with threads.

When I first saw the question "Is Tony dead?" Why, I had no idea what could have happened!

Fat Elvis
03-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Is it time to add a new word to the planet lexicon?

Tivotwat: A big pussy who gets upset when the entire internet community is talking about a subject from the day before and they didn't watch it on thier tivo yet.

Immaculate
03-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Noooo! Please no.

Boozer
03-13-2006, 11:29 AM

Lazy fat ass....

ENDelt260
03-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Baby gorilla? What in the f*ck....

Fat Elvis
03-13-2006, 11:32 AM
haha...the planet tivotwat gave me a neg rep

ENDelt260
03-13-2006, 11:34 AM
You're special.

Baby Lee
03-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Lazy fat ass....
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Why don't you work in a zoo, and stop bothering people? Got a call yesterday from Baskin Robbins. They said that they're down to only five flavors. You're swelling up as I talk to you.

Cave Johnson
03-13-2006, 11:53 AM
For the 4 people who voted yes (so far), what's your logic? Personally, I view Tony as essential to the show.

Otter
03-13-2006, 12:13 PM
I have no idea how it's going to pan out. It's hard to imagine the rest of the season without having Tony arounda although he can still be an essential part of the plot without being alive.

I can't see them doing more than 1 episode of his life flashing before his eyes however. I'll take that bet.

I'm going to watch the episdoe again when I get home tonight. From what I remember he had his hand over his liver when he was covering up the bullet wound but I'm reading that it was a gut shot on TWOP. Either way he looked to be fading pretty fast.

Here's a thought. Try using the two existing threads on the subject.

Dude, what's with the stick up your ass lately? Or am i just noticing your true colors for some reason. Do yourself a favor and round up some buddies, get drunk and buy each other lap dances. You're about as fun to have around as ****ing gum in my hair.

Fat Elvis
03-13-2006, 12:21 PM
I think he's dead and that it will take pretty much an entire season to explore how the power vacuum gets filled. I think the big jump in time (from season 5 to 6) allows for back stories that involve Tony in that missing time frame to show how the power grab plays out.

It is the Sopranos, not just the Tony Soprano show. I think it would be a disservice to the series for it to end like everyone expected with him either dieing or going to jail in the last episode.

Brock
03-13-2006, 12:23 PM
I don't think he's going to die, but I'm about 70 percent certain the show will end with Tony rolling over on everybody.

Otter
03-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Ok, I thought about it and I'm going with "no", he's going to somehow pull through.

Chase will find a way to tactfully pull it off and it will lead to a kinder and gentler Tony who tries to reconcile his past evil deeds only to find that his life and the evil he's commited in it have spiraled too far out of control.

Gah!!! I hate waiting for Sudays, I find this series addicting.

Fat Elvis
03-20-2006, 01:56 PM
OK, after last night's episode, I thought it might be interesting to revisit this thread to see if anyone has changed their mind....

Here is another option...Is he technically alive, but as good as dead due to his brain damage?

BigRedChief
10-23-2007, 03:03 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/23/tv.sopranos.davidchase.ap/index.html
Sopranos' creator: What did fans expect?
<LI class=cnnhiliteheader>Story Highlights <li>David Chase can't figure out why fans were so upset
</li><li>Fans revel in Tony Soprano's viciousness, then want "justice"? Chase: Why?
</li><LI>Chase originally wanted ending to stay black until HBO ID came on
NEW YORK (AP) -- Just when we had made our peace with "The Sopranos" finale and moved on with our lives, David Chase has stirred things up again.
Breaking his silence months after the HBO mob drama ended its run, he is offering a belated explanation for that blackout at the restaurant. He strongly suggests that, no, Tony Soprano didn't get whacked moments later as he munched onion rings with his family at Holsten's. And mostly Chase wonders why so many viewers got so worked up over the series' non-finish.
"There WAS a war going on that week, and attempted terror attacks in London," says Chase. "But these people were talking about onion rings."

The interview, included in "'The Sopranos': The Complete Book," published this week, finds Chase exasperated by viewers who were upset that Tony didn't meet explicit doom.

Chase says the New Jersey mob boss "had been people's alter ego. They had gleefully watched him rob, kill, pillage, lie and cheat. They had cheered him on. And then, all of a sudden, they wanted to see him punished for all that. They wanted 'justice' ...
"The pathetic thing -- to me -- was how much they wanted HIS blood, after cheering him on for eight years."

In the days, and even weeks, after the finale aired June 10, "Sopranos" wonks combed that episode for buried clues, concocting wild theories. (Was this some sort of "Last Supper" reimagined with Tony, wife Carmela, son A.J. and daughter Meadow?)
Chase insists that what you saw (and didn't see) is what you get.

"There are no esoteric clues in there. No 'Da Vinci Code,' " he declares.

He says it's "just great" if fans tried to find a deeper meaning, but "most of them, most of us, should have done this kind of thing in high school English class and didn't."

He defends the bleak, seemingly inconclusive ending as appropriate -- and even a little hopeful.

A.J. will "probably be a low-level movie producer. But he's not going to be a killer like his father, is he? Meadow may not become a pediatrician or even a lawyer ... but she'll learn to operate in the world in ways that Carmela never did.

"It's not ideal. It's not what the parents dreamed of. But it's better than it was," Chase says.
And as for that notorious blackout in the middle of the Journey power ballad, "Don't Stop Believin"'?
"Originally, I didn't want any credits at all," says Chase. "I just wanted the black screen to go the length of the credits -- all the way to the HBO 'whoosh' sound. But the Directors Guild wouldn't give us a waiver."

And while this unexpected finish left lots of viewers thinking their cable service was on the fritz, Chase insists it wasn't meant as a prank.

"Why would we want to do that?" he asks. "Why would we entertain people for eight years only to give them the finger?"

Otter
10-23-2007, 03:54 PM
I never thought he died, I interpreted it as a "life goes on" type of ending. If nothing else Tony Soprano was an opportunist and pretty damn lucky.

Wonder were Chase became so jaded.

SLAG
10-23-2007, 03:57 PM
i thought The Audidence got Whacked

Chiefnj2
10-23-2007, 03:59 PM
"Why would we entertain people for eight years only to give them the finger?"

- Then why did he give the viewers the finger with that crap ending?

Easy 6
10-23-2007, 04:02 PM
I just read an article today, in which Chase intimates that Tony is alive & well.

There have been rumors of a big screen offering, that would be most excellent.

underEJ
10-23-2007, 04:10 PM
"Why would we entertain people for eight years only to give them the finger?"

- Then why did he give the viewers the finger with that crap ending?

I thought the ending was brilliant. It doesn't matter if he's dead or not. The show started out with audience witnessing Tony's first anxiety attack, and it ends by giving the audience one of their own. The audience felt the tension Tony lives with every day, constantly looking over his shoulder for danger. I have never been so tense watching television before. Maybe a movie or two have done it, but it was pretty spectacular.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-23-2007, 04:11 PM
I thought the ending was brilliant. It doesn't matter if he's dead or not. The show started out with audience witnessing Tony's first anxiety attack, and it ends by giving the audience one of their own. The audience felt the tension Tony lives with every day, constantly looking over his shoulder for danger. I have never been so tense watching television before. Maybe a movie or two have done it, but it was pretty spectacular.

Nice post. Wasn't thrilled with the ending, but I like the way you put it.

Baby Lee
10-23-2007, 05:50 PM
I agree, and would add that it was the perfect way for T and the gang to stay alive as characters forever. He's not that guy who got whacked in the end, or the guy who engineered a coup and took ultimate power. Chrissie once bemoaned that his story 'had no arc.' Tony's now and forever that guy we knew a while ago, wonder what ever happened to him.