PDA

View Full Version : Poor Broncos........(NOT!!)

kczoo
03-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Ravens re-sign, Jamal Lewis and add Mike Anderson. Du..Du...Du..Du...Du...Im Lovin It!!! ROFL

ChiefsfaninPA
03-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Now you know that this doesn't matter. The Donkeys can put ANYONE back there and they will be great.

vailpass
I'm not sure I see your point. Denver cut Anderson and Jam is but one of many RB options open to them.

BigRock
All aboard the Dayne Train!

beer bacon
03-13-2006, 10:43 AM
I am still convinced that one of these seasons their whole philosophy with running backs will come back and bite them in the ass. I hope they make Dayne the starter.

Sure-Oz
03-13-2006, 10:43 AM
I dont get why he re-signed, he wouldve looked real good behind denvers line. They will still have a great running attack regardless. they always plug someone in.

Iowanian
03-13-2006, 11:16 AM
They've just been resting the steal of the century in the 3rd round last year....

Oh.....

Down with Denver!

Stinger
03-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Holy Cow ... 3 year $25 million deal

The team has decided to retain running back Jamal Lewis (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187391) by giving him a new three-year contract worth about $25 million.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9300482

Amnorix
03-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Holy Cow ... 3 year $25 million deal

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9300482

According to PFT it really works out to be a one year, six million dollar deal, in terms of REAL $$$. $5M signing bonus and $1M contract for this year. Starting next year, the numbers get absurd I guess.

phxchief
03-13-2006, 11:55 AM
System backs.

Salary cap is wasted on elite backs in that system.

Garcia Bronco
03-13-2006, 12:36 PM
I hope Dayne gets a real go at it...because he looked great last season when he came in the game.

vailpass
03-13-2006, 12:38 PM
System backs.

Salary cap is wasted on elite backs in that system.

Yep, pretty much.

Mile High Mania
03-13-2006, 02:19 PM
I want to see Tatum Bell running wild in 2006... they'll draft a RB it will likely be a RBBC type of approach again. I wouldn't say that Dayne looked "great" last year though, he had his moments, but I just can't see him being a 15 carry a game RB.

One of the things I've learned to not question though is Shanahan's system and Bobby Turner's ability to crank out great RBs.

morphius
03-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Yep, pretty much.
It's much better to spend that money on a quality QB...

Mile High Mania
03-13-2006, 02:30 PM
It's much better to spend that money on a quality QB...
Phhttttt ... what's that gonna get ya? KC has one and I ask ya... what have they done? Indy has one and look at their Lombardis. Gimme Plummer and a load of talent around him. :clap:

morphius
03-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Phhttttt ... what's that gonna get ya? KC has one and I ask ya... what have they done? Indy has one and look at their Lombardis. Gimme Plummer and a load of talent around him. :clap:
and what has that got ya other then a win in the playoffs handed to you by the refs and a some lucky D? :D

Taco John
03-13-2006, 02:36 PM

Clearly, if Plummer was as quality a quarterback as Trent Green is, he'd be enjoying all of the success that Trent Green has had in getting his team to the playoffs.

Mile High Mania
03-13-2006, 02:47 PM
and what has that got ya other then a win in the playoffs handed to you by the refs and a some lucky D? :D

And on that same token (I'm sure) it's the refs and the unlucky defense in KC keeping the Chiefs out of the playoffs.

Refs and lucky defense... you guys sound like Mark Cuban sometimes.

morphius
03-13-2006, 02:56 PM
And on that same token (I'm sure) it's the refs and the unlucky defense in KC keeping the Chiefs out of the playoffs.

Refs and lucky defense... you guys sound like Mark Cuban sometimes.
Eh, I knew you would bring up the D play, so I tossed it in there. Considering every major call went your way, even if many of them were horriblly wrong. Even the press commented about how poor the refs were in that game, so it isn't just us Chief fans. That game was nothing short of a gift.

Taco John
03-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Eh, I knew you would bring up the D play, so I tossed it in there. Considering every major call went your way, even if many of them were horriblly wrong. Even the press commented about how poor the refs were in that game, so it isn't just us Chief fans. That game was nothing short of a gift.

In that case, I think thanks are in order. I'd like to thank Tom Brady for throwing an interception in the endzone when they had an opportunity to take the game by the balls. Also, I'd like to thank Champ Baily for doing it instead.

ROYC75
03-13-2006, 03:04 PM
WARNING : DONKEY SHIT SLINGING GOING ON HERE !

BTA, what else is new ? :D

|Zach|
03-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Clearly, if Plummer was as quality a quarterback as Trent Green is, he'd be enjoying all of the success that Trent Green has had in getting his team to the playoffs.
You are slipping big time. What a hollow argument.

ferrarispider95
03-13-2006, 03:10 PM
For the last 3-4 years

Green > Plummer
Chiefs D < Broncos D
Chiefs O > Broncos O

el borracho
03-13-2006, 03:14 PM
For the last 3-4 years

Green > Plummer
Chiefs D < Broncos D
Chiefs O > Broncos O
And more importantly:

Chiefs D < just about every NFL O

morphius
03-13-2006, 04:37 PM
In that case, I think thanks are in order. I'd like to thank Tom Brady for throwing an interception in the endzone when they had an opportunity to take the game by the balls. Also, I'd like to thank Champ Baily for doing it instead.
Of course we will ignore that fumble at the end. Yeah, we should ignore that. LOL!

morphius
03-13-2006, 04:38 PM
You are slipping big time. What a hollow argument.
I wish I could say he was slipping...