PDA

View Full Version : Cajun/Creole eats in spfld?

MOhillbilly
03-13-2006, 12:40 PM
little help.

thanks-

|Zach|
03-13-2006, 12:52 PM
hmmm I know on Glendstone there is a place kind of by Cartoons where the long john silvers used to be. They changed it into a cajun rest.\bar that looks intereesting.

JimNasium
03-13-2006, 12:58 PM
There's also a place out on East Sunshine across from W.F. Cody's that's not bad.

MVChiefFan
03-13-2006, 01:08 PM
I've been to the one on E. Sunshine (Big Easy's, I think). I didn't like it, food was bland which isn't right when your talkin' cajun. I've been wanting to try the place Glenstone though, I've heard it's better, what that means, I don't know.

luv
03-13-2006, 01:50 PM
hmmm I know on Glendstone there is a place kind of by Cartoons where the long john silvers used to be. They changed it into a cajun rest.\bar that looks intereesting.
I wa at quikdine.com and there's a place on there call Big Easy. I was thinking that was the name of the place you're speaking of, but I'm not sure.

JimNasium
03-13-2006, 02:11 PM
I've been to the one on E. Sunshine (Big Easy's, I think). I didn't like it, food was bland which isn't right when your talkin' cajun. I've been wanting to try the place Glenstone though, I've heard it's better, what that means, I don't know.
I've only been there once but the crawfish etouffee wasn't bad.

MVChiefFan
03-13-2006, 03:10 PM
I've only been there once but the crawfish etouffee wasn't bad.

Really? I didn't have that, should have tried it. I got the gumbo, jumbalaya, red beans and rice. Man, I'm gettin' hungry!

Bob Dole
03-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Fresh mudbugs on nearly every corner down 'round he'ah.

ChiefsOne
03-13-2006, 03:30 PM
The one by Cartoon's is Big Easy, there are two of them in Springfield, but haven't tried either. Sure miss Po'Boys!

MOhillbilly
03-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Fresh mudbugs on nearly every corner down 'round he'ah.

im set to make some runs if we ever get some real rain. got some honeyholes picked out. cant wait. Froglegs,catfish & crawdads oh my.......

MOhillbilly
03-13-2006, 04:12 PM
The one by Cartoon's is Big Easy, there are two of them in Springfield, but haven't tried either. Sure miss Po'Boys!

my father and i used to go there it was close, they had some good food.

MOhillbilly
03-13-2006, 04:29 PM
more thinking about spending 100 and at one of these build your own places.

http://www.cajunsupermarket.com/index.php?cPath=41

http://www.cajungrocer.com/

http://www.cajunbrands.com/categories.asp?cat=13

Oxford
03-14-2006, 01:25 PM

The one on Glenstone is Easy's.
Poor food, indifferent service.

The one across from Cody's on E. Sunshine in much better.

MVChiefFan
03-14-2006, 02:20 PM
The one on Glenstone is Easy's.
Poor food, indifferent service.

The one across from Cody's on E. Sunshine in much better.

Thanks for the input! Now that I think about it, I may have tried that place before it changed owners. I think I will give it another try.