PDA

View Full Version : CBS to get Pro Bowl, NFL Network to cover draft

tk13
03-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Some TV notes...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/2006-03-13-hiestand-ncaa_x.htm

Programming: CBS, not ESPN, will carry the NFL's Pro Bowl next season. At CBS' request, the game will move from Sunday to Saturday night. Says CBS' LeslieAnne Wade: "Saturday night works better for the network."

Pumping up: The NFL awarded its NFL Network TV rights for regular-season games, last month staged its first full-blown Super Bowl pregame show and gave it exclusive TV rights to the recent NFL combine rookie evaluations. Now it has exclusive TV rights to the NFL Europe League starting March 18 and, in April, will go up against ESPN with its first gavel-to-gavel NFL draft coverage.

Katipan
03-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Thank goodness they didn't get exclusive for the draft.

Tribal Warfare
03-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Thank goodness they didn't get exclusive for the draft.

Yeah, Kiper is an irritating bastard

shakesthecat
03-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Cool.

I realize a lot of folks don't get NFL Network yet, so having the draft on ESPN is good news for them. But for those of us with both, not having to listen to Chris Berman blabber on draft day is truely a blessing.

BigChiefFan
03-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Thank goodness they didn't get exclusive for the draft. I agree. Since I don't have the NFL network, I would have been pissed.

ct
03-13-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm just about to upgrade to digital cable (COX Kansas), just to get NFL Network. Glad to hear I don't necessarily HAVE to right away, but I may do it anyway, just to avoid those clowns for the full day. They do get tired...

Guru
03-13-2006, 01:30 PM
No wonder cable prices keep getting higher and higher.

Coach
03-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Hmm... I wonder what to go for. Draft Analyist Ryan Leaf or Draft Analyist Mel Keiper?

In all seriousness, I'm still glad to see that the NFL Draft is still on ESPN. If it was on the NFL Network and not on ESPN, I'm gonna be one pissed off Coach.

ct
03-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Who's covering on NFL Network? Please tell me Ryan Leaf is a joke! Let me be more specific, as I know Ryan Leaf is in fact a joke. Please tell me you're kidding about Ryan Leaf being a draft analyst on NFL Network's coverage!

Cormac
03-13-2006, 01:41 PM
A related question....

Does anybody know what regular season games NFL Network will be showing? How did this come about?

Thanks

alanm
03-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Hmm... I wonder what to go for. Draft Analyist Ryan Leaf or Draft Analyist Mel Keiper?

In all seriousness, I'm still glad to see that the NFL Draft is still on ESPN. If it was on the NFL Network and not on ESPN, I'm gonna be one pissed off Coach.
You know it's just a matter of time. I wouldn't be suprised if this is ESPN's last year for the draft.

Frosty
03-13-2006, 01:59 PM
But for those of us with both, not having to listen to Chris Berman blabber on draft day is truely a blessing.

I'm not sure that Mike Mayock is an upgrade. :shake:

alanm
03-13-2006, 02:06 PM
A related question....

Does anybody know what regular season games NFL Network will be showing? How did this come about?

Thanks
I guess there's going to be a bunch of Saturday games televised by the NFL network at the conclusion of the college season starting on Thanksgiving.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2006, 02:23 PM
espn is in trouble ....... the NFL is slowly squeezing espn out.

as soon as the NFL network is shown everywhere they will get almost all of the NFL t.v. stuff.

Cormac
03-13-2006, 02:44 PM
I guess there's going to be a bunch of Saturday games televised by the NFL network at the conclusion of the college season starting on Thanksgiving.

Thanks. I had heard something about Saturday games, so I guess it will just be a few games late in the year. No real substitute for DirecTV then. But it's a start.

beavis
03-13-2006, 02:57 PM
espn is in trouble ....... the NFL is slowly squeezing espn out.
I don't know... they are getting MNF.