PDA

View Full Version : home air purifiers

Jayhawkerman2001
03-14-2006, 03:36 AM
Anybody have any suggestions on a home purifier i could buy for fairly cheap? wanting to spend anywhere from 100-200$. wifes allergies getting bad with the cat and rabbit in the house now.

4th and Long
03-14-2006, 04:54 AM
Anybody have any suggestions on a home purifier i could buy for fairly cheap? wanting to spend anywhere from 100-200$. wifes allergies getting bad with the cat and rabbit in the house now.
Eat the rabbit and give the cat some antifreeze. Much cheaper than an air purifier and it solves all of your immediate problems.

chagrin
03-14-2006, 05:39 AM
Ionic Breeze Quadra, best one out there for the money, 250-325 depending on where you get it. I got mine for 6 payments of 69.95 on the credit card

StcChief
03-14-2006, 05:44 AM
Ditch the animals. They are a contributing factor. Ask your alergist

Get a high quality air filter for your furnace...About $100. Solid alum frame, Traps particles about 2-3microns. Google it.

You clean it by washing it every 2-3 months.
In Alergy season once a month.

I've heard Ionic breeze is good for a room.

IA_Chiefs_fan
03-14-2006, 06:07 AM
My son and I are allergic to dust mites. We have an Oreck and it helps quite a bit. I would recommend it. Very easy to clean BTW.

ChiefsfaninPA
03-14-2006, 06:26 AM
Air purifiers are for wussies.

HemiEd
03-14-2006, 06:28 AM
Like 4th and Long said, I would remove the irritants. There used to be this cajun restaurant in Wichita that served fantastic rabbit pasta. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Mr. Kotter
03-23-2006, 09:32 PM

I had some really good advice to give you on this.....but after your other thread:

Go to hell....you pillow-biting douchnozzel.

I hope an Al Queda member with Camels moves into your neighborhood.

Have a nice day, dickweed. :)

JBucc
03-23-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm with 4th. Eat the rabbit and give the wife anti-freeze.

Mr. Kotter
03-23-2006, 09:40 PM

You know, I didn't bother to really read your stupid post until just now....

1. Wife has allergies.
2. Has a cat and rabbit in the house.

:spock:

:shake:

Jayhawkerman2001
03-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Thing is, shes allergic to the rabbit and i want to get rid of the rabbit, but there isnt anything i can do to convince her that we need to get rid of the rabbit.

KS Smitty
03-23-2006, 11:23 PM
The best way to combat allergans is to remove the allergan causing items from the home...IE cat and rabbit, short of that be prepared to pay out big bucks to the pharmaceutical companies to allow the irritants to remain in your household.
For outdoor irritants (pollen mainly) purchase locally produced honey.

NCarlsCorner2
03-24-2006, 06:18 AM
Ionic Breeze Quadra, best one out there for the money, 250-325 depending on where you get it. I got mine for 6 payments of 69.95 on the credit card

will it take care of the whole house, an Ultravation UV Light installed in the ductwork down at the furnace that stays on all the time purifying all the air that goes across it is a much better solution.

Hog Farmer
03-24-2006, 06:39 AM
Thing is, shes allergic to the rabbit and i want to get rid of the rabbit, but there isnt anything i can do to convince her that we need to get rid of the rabbit.

All you have to do is grab the rabbit by it's hind feet, raise it up over your head and smash it down on the concrete as hard as you can. When the wife comes in and sees it flopping around in a pool of blood just tell her it must have choked on a carrot.

If you're too chicken shit to do that then stick your head up your ass and take three deep breaths.

jettio
03-24-2006, 07:32 AM
Filtration units do more than the electrostatics. Consumer Reports has been railing on the Ionic breeze for years.

My belief is that something with HEPA filters that is cheap to maintain is the best choice, though I do not know which model to recommend.

My submarine used HEPA filters and electrostatics in the ventilation systems, more HEPAs than precipitators. Because of the machinery lubricants and the need for atmosphere control, precipitators were needed there, I am not sure if they are needed in a home so much.

Fish
03-24-2006, 09:31 AM

How about growing some f*cking balls?? Seriously.... that's the most pathetic thing I've heard in quite a while...

Read your post again and tell me you don't sound like a complete puss... either buck up and kick the animals out, or tell your wife to deal with it if she wants her animals in the house.... problem solved...

kepp
03-24-2006, 09:44 AM
I don't know...my folks have one of those and it does nothing. My wife is allergic to dogs and she can't spend 30 seconds in their house even with that thing running.

I think upgrading the filtration for the furnace and getting your ductwork cleaned out is the best bet.

Chiefs Express
03-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Living Air units get rid of the odors but the other stuff you have to do as others have said. Absence makes the nose irritation absent as well. Send the animals outside or just out.

Gonzo
03-24-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm with 4th. Eat the rabbit and give the wife anti-freeze.

Prestone Margaritas all around! ROFL