PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys cut Keyshawn

Archie F. Swin
03-14-2006, 02:25 PM
from AP-TX--Cowboys-Keyshawn Cut URGENT

IRVING, Texas (AP) - The Dallas Cowboys have released receiver
Keyshawn Johnson.
The move avoids a one (M) million dollar bonus for Johnson --
and possibly creates room for Terrell (TER'-el) Owens.

StcChief
03-14-2006, 02:28 PM
So should we bring in Me-shawn later this week or early next week after TO is done dorking us around.

Husky4506
03-14-2006, 02:30 PM
i bet dallas gets TO and Denver gets keyshawn and we get nothing

SPchief
03-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Start printing playoff tickets.

Fish
03-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Well I'd much rather have Johnson than TO.....

I'm off to start another 3-4 Keyshawn threads!!!!!1!

beavis
03-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Good bet.

Mr. Laz
03-14-2006, 02:37 PM
So should we bring in Me-shawn later this week or early next week after TO is done dorking us around.
hell no, hell no

not only is he a problem child but he is very limited about what he brings ON THE FIELD.

Carlota69
03-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Well I'd much rather have Johnson than TO.....

I'm off to start another 3-4 Keyshawn threads!!!!!1!
ROFL

Amnorix
03-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Patriots are likely interested. I'm not a big fan of Me-shawn, but the Pats are light at WR, and he and BB apparently get along pretty well (from their Jets days together).

I guess if we pick up Moulds, Keyshawn and another warm body or two (draft?) to go with Deion Branch, we'll be ok at WR. Right now we only have 2 WRs under contract, one of whom flat out sucks. That doesn't count Troy Brown, who is a FA, and might retire.

Reaper16
03-14-2006, 03:12 PM
TO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Keyshawn

Amnorix
03-14-2006, 03:13 PM
TO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Keyshawn

Yes, but TO = Flaming A-hole.

Me-shawn isn't the best teammate, but he puts out 100% effort on the field, blocks pretty well, and isn't a COMPLETE A-hole.

CoMoChief
03-14-2006, 03:15 PM

Me-shawn isn't the best teammate, but he puts out 100% effort on the field, blocks pretty well, and isn't a COMPLETE A-hole.

Keyshawn isnt that great of a blocker. He's been known to slack off on plays. TO is a great blocker. I'd rather have TO waaaaay more than Keyshawn Johnson.

ct
03-14-2006, 03:15 PM

agree

FAX
03-14-2006, 03:16 PM

I agree, Mr. Amnorix. An incomplete A-hole is better than none at all.

FAX

tyton75
03-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Keyshawn would be much less expensive and could act as a role player at WR.. possesion type guy to put opposite Kennison..

I wouldn't be thrilled if we do/don't sign him.. but I wouldn't be pissed if we did

Chief Faithful
03-14-2006, 03:23 PM

For some reason that sounds ok with me. The only thing I don't want to see is TO in Denver.

trndobrd
03-14-2006, 03:25 PM
If we could get both Meshawn and TO it would be like having the equivalent of prostate and testicular cancer in the lockeroom at the same time.

penchief
03-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Keyshawn is a very good posession receiver. However, we already have that with Gonzo.

Would I be opposed to signing Johnson? No.

But it wouldn't make as much sense as signing Owens.

Owens would make our offense frickin' lethal.

Think about it. Trent, LJ, Gonzo, TO, TRich, and our OLine. Holy shit, that would be awesome!

Short Leash Hootie
03-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Patriots are likely interested. I'm not a big fan of Me-shawn, but the Pats are light at WR, and he and BB apparently get along pretty well (from their Jets days together).

I guess if we pick up Moulds, Keyshawn and another warm body or two (draft?) to go with Deion Branch, we'll be ok at WR. Right now we only have 2 WRs under contract, one of whom flat out sucks. That doesn't count Troy Brown, who is a FA, and might retire.
Moulds, Keyshawn, 2 more WR's in the draft...SHIT NEW ENGLAND, you might as well go for Owens, Moss, Boldin and Fitzy too! Why not? Add in Steve Smith and you have yourself a nice little squad of WR's.