PDA

View Full Version : Abraham getting whined and dined by the Seahawks today.

Joe Seahawk
03-14-2006, 05:00 PM
I'd hate to give up a first rounder though..

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/

Abraham visiting Seahawks today | Subscribe

The Seahawks are visiting today with New York Jets DE John Abraham. This visit was scheduled a few days ago. Last year, the Seahawks tried to land an impact defensive end even after signing Bryce Fisher in free agency. They tried to trade up in the draft for those purposes, but it did not work out. The team went to the Super Bowl in the interim, but that doesn't mean the Seahawks couldn't use more pass-rush help, particularly with DT Rocky Bernard on the free-agent market. Abraham has been a double-digit sack guy for the Jets. That's what the Seahawks have been seeking to add in recent seasons. Abraham has also visited Washington. The Broncos have some interest but have not lined up a visit. If the price for landing Abraham is a first-round pick, the Redskins do not have one this year. Seattle has one (31st). Denver has two (22nd, 29th). I'm not saying that is the price, just letting you know what kind of ammo these teams might have in terms of high draft choices.
Posted by mikesando Mar 14, 2006 3:52 pm

CoMoChief
03-14-2006, 05:04 PM
With the 2 first round draft picks the Broncos select......Tye Hill and Kelly Jennings.

nychief
03-14-2006, 05:06 PM
The Jets probably will have to settle for less...or pay a pissed off JA a lot of money.

SBK
03-14-2006, 05:51 PM
He'll be in Denver for the 29th pick.

DaFace
03-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Abraham getting whined and dined by the Seahawks today.

They're taking him out to dinner so that everyone can whine at him?

Mile High Mania
03-14-2006, 06:11 PM
Sounds like he's wanting a hell of a lot of coin... I'm thinking the Broncos don't make a big name signing. They are just going to be over bid with the $ that a lot of these other teams still have under the cap.

And, that's fine by me... I'd like to see them pick up some cheaper talent, just avoid the big $ guys.

Lurch
03-14-2006, 07:54 PM
He'd be worth a second rounder....maybe a first rounder, if you got something else with it (a fourth or fifth, maybe?)