PDA

View Full Version : WBC

VonneMarie
03-14-2006, 08:41 PM
What has to happen for the USA to advance?

JBucc
03-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Everyone else has to forfeit

Reaper16
03-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Japan has to lose one of its next two games, or score less than three runs if they win both.

Obviously, we have to keep winning, too.

Short Leash Hootie
03-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Patrick: With the first seven months of the baseketball post-season out of the way, the playoff picture is now starting to emerge.

Mayne: So, with last night's victory over Boston, next week the Beers must beat Indianapolis in order to advance to Charlotte. That's in an effort to reduce their magic number down to three.

Patrick: Right, and then... the Beers can advance to the National Eastern Division North to play Tampa.

Mayne: So if the Beers beat Detroit and Denver beats Atlanta in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the Denslow Cup. Unless Baltimore can upset Buffalo and Charlotte ties Toronto, then Oakland would play L.A. and Pittsburgh in a blind choice Round Robin. And if new clear winner emerges from all this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion is crowned.

Patrick: Right.

VonneMarie
03-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Japan has to lose one of its next two games, or score less than three runs if they win both.

Obviously, we have to keep winning, too.
And I don't see that happening. I hope I'm wrong, tho.

Coach
03-14-2006, 08:46 PM
What was pathetic was that USA got punked by the Koreans, big time.

Reaper16
03-14-2006, 08:46 PM
And I don't see that happening. I hope I'm wrong, tho.
We seem to do okay when the D-Train is stuck at the station.

Short Leash Hootie
03-14-2006, 08:48 PM
It wouldn't have happened if they didn't ban steroids...

VonneMarie
03-14-2006, 08:48 PM
I know, atleast the Royals whooped Korea. :)

VonneMarie
03-14-2006, 08:49 PM
We seem to do okay when the D-Train is stuck at the station.
Um, didn't he get lit up his last time out?

Reaper16
03-14-2006, 08:50 PM
Yes, both times. Canada and Korea. Maybe my metaphor was poorly contrived.

Coach
03-14-2006, 08:51 PM

Yeah. I think what he was trying to explain is that whenever Willis isn't pitching, or in the dugout/bullpen, hence the stuck in the station, that USA seems to do well.

And I agree with him.

:)

VonneMarie
03-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Yes, both times. Canada and Korea. Maybe my metaphor was poorly contrived.
Oh well... bring on the season.

VonneMarie
03-14-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah. I think what he was trying to explain is that whenever Willis isn't pitching, or in the dugout/bullpen, hence the stuck in the station, that USA seems to do well.

And I agree with him.

:)
I didn't read his post thoroughly. But I also agree. :banghead:

Sully
03-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Patrick: With the first seven months of the baseketball post-season out of the way, the playoff picture is now starting to emerge.

Mayne: So, with last night's victory over Boston, next week the Beers must beat Indianapolis in order to advance to Charlotte. That's in an effort to reduce their magic number down to three.

Patrick: Right, and then... the Beers can advance to the National Eastern Division North to play Tampa.

Mayne: So if the Beers beat Detroit and Denver beats Atlanta in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the Denslow Cup. Unless Baltimore can upset Buffalo and Charlotte ties Toronto, then Oakland would play L.A. and Pittsburgh in a blind choice Round Robin. And if new clear winner emerges from all this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion is crowned.

Patrick: Right.

You're excited!??!
Feel these nipples!!!

Reaper16
03-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Well, Japan destroyed Mexico 6-1. That means Korea, which has beaten Japan once already in the WBC, has to beat them again for the US to advance. We also have to beat Mexico, which we've done before.

Korea actually has a strong chance of winning this whole thing; they've been impressive.