PDA

View Full Version : Will Allen

jspchief
03-15-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm trying to find out more about the guy, since he's one of the few players the Chiefs have shown interest in. Here's what I have so far...

He has his own website: http://www.willallen25.com/

Comments from a Giants BB: http://boards.giants.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91924&st=0&gopid=1138784&

Chiefnj
03-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Sounds like Greg Wesley - "if someone can go back and get him to play like his rookie year and improve from that point..."

StcChief
03-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Let's see what Herm and Gun have to say, they are interested they must think he could work #2 CB in their new D.

jspchief
03-15-2006, 09:15 AM
Comments from Giants fans seem to indicate that he could be a good #2. One thing they all agree on... he's fast and has bad hands. ok, 2 things

Cormac
03-15-2006, 09:24 AM
I only remember him from his rookie year when he was thrown in as a starter. He definitely showed bags of promise. But I guess all indications are that he hasn't improved like the Giants would have liked.

He might not be a bad signing but he'd better come cheap. If Battle lives up to his promise he might beat him out. Then with Sapp at nickelback we'd have no use for him.

Chiefnj
03-15-2006, 09:26 AM
My biggest concern would be that if the guy hasn't been that good with a team that has a decent pass rush, what's going to happen to him in KC?

Brock
03-15-2006, 09:28 AM
I don't see him as in improvement over Warfield.

mac58
03-15-2006, 09:32 AM
im from Ny and i get to watch this guy play on the regular and he aint that good he has his momenmts but gets burnt alot

chefsos
03-15-2006, 09:36 AM
I didn't realize he was that fast until I saw some of their quotes. Gotta love speed. Maybe some coaching, a little dose of humility, and some Stickum hidden in his wristband, and voila, #2 corner.

I really shouldn't have been taking that sip of coffee when that dude told you he plays like his helmet's on backwards.

nychief
03-15-2006, 09:41 AM
I have watched him since he was drafted out of Syracuse. He and Will Peterson were the best young cb duo in the NFL for a brief stretch, but after Fassel left Allen's confindence and Peterson's health went to hell. I think this a great signing, I believe he needs a change of scenery - and to get out of New York. The talent is there - the believe the head will come around. This is not Carlton Gray.

jspchief
03-15-2006, 09:43 AM
I don't see him as in improvement over Warfield.I'm not sure I do either. I didn't want Warfield gone in the first place. I thought he was a very solid #2.

I'm also not sure that he'll come that much cheaper when it's all said and done.

dj56dt58
03-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Just what we need: Dexter McCleon round 2

We can't have a corner who has bad hands. The whole purpose of Gunther's scheme is to get pressure on the qb, force a bad throw, and hopefully it's at one of your dbs and they pick it off. Won't work with a corner who can't catch.

nychief
03-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Just what we need: Dexter McCleon round 2

We can't have a corner who has bad hands. The whole purpose of Gunther's scheme is to get pressure on the qb, force a bad throw, and hopefully it's at one of your dbs and they pick it off. Won't work with a corner who can't catch.

he is much better than Sexy Dexy.

Ralphy Boy
03-15-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm not sure I do either. I didn't want Warfield gone in the first place. I thought he was a very solid #2.

I didn't either, especially after we carried his ass thru his 4 game suspension last year.

BigChiefFan
03-15-2006, 11:31 AM
I have watched him since he was drafted out of Syracuse. He and Will Peterson were the best young cb duo in the NFL for a brief stretch, but after Fassel left Allen's confindence and Peterson's health went to hell. I think this a great signing, I believe he needs a change of scenery - and to get out of New York. The talent is there - the believe the head will come around. This is not Carlton Gray.

I agree that Allen looked good under Fassel's tutelage. Admittedily I didn't see many Giants game this past year, but I do recall Allen being the real deal early on. He's still young enough to progress and has blazing speed. I think this could be a good move for us.

ChiefsfaninPA
03-15-2006, 11:35 AM
he aint that good he has his momenmts but gets burnt alot

So he sounds a lot like Chump Bailey. He gets burnt a lot.

coach_L
03-15-2006, 11:35 AM

Not an improvement over Warfields old fat paycheck and potential. I had believed the last twe seasons Warfield would bust out and shut up some critics, but he just didn't play at the level he was being payed for. Allen at a cheaper price, is an improvement if he garners the same output.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2006, 11:43 AM
he's probably not ... but he's close to the same and can be signed at 1/4 the price.

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 12:00 PM
he's probably not ... but he's close to the same and can be signed at 1/4 the price.

Yep.

:toast:

jspchief
03-15-2006, 04:51 PM
he's probably not ... but he's close to the same and can be signed at 1/4 the price.I don't know about 1/4, but he should come cheaper, and with a lower cap number. Plus he's younger. If it's a lateral move talent wise, we'll come out way ahead.

jlscorpio
03-15-2006, 05:32 PM
My wish is that we sign Allen and draft Ashton Youboty.

milkman
03-15-2006, 06:01 PM
My wish is that we sign Allen and draft Ashton Youboty.

Sure, let's get a bunch of corners, and ignore the real need on the DL.

That way we can watch as QBs abuse our secondary.

milkman
03-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Speaking of DL, according to Adam Shefter, the Chiefs have re-signed Carlos Hall.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9300482

nychief
03-15-2006, 06:04 PM
I would take a flyer on Plummer also.

BigRock
03-15-2006, 06:04 PM
I forget where, but someone reported today that Will Allen had already moved on to another visit... KC didn't make him an offer.

milkman
03-15-2006, 06:08 PM
I forget where, but someone reported today that Will Allen had already moved on to another visit... KC didn't make him an offer.

The Coalition?

jlscorpio
03-15-2006, 06:08 PM
If we signed Allen, Battle's days would be numbered

BigRock
03-15-2006, 06:33 PM
The Coalition?
I was thinking the radio... but as long as somebody said it and I'm not going insane, it's good enough for me.

milkman
03-15-2006, 06:37 PM
If we signed Allen, Battle's days would be numbered

I highly doubt that.

He's only going into his third year, and doen't cost a lot.