PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn Johnson on KC

royr17
03-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Keyshawn was just on 'Moving the Chains' on Sirius NFL Radio and he said that KC and Philadelphia are two teams that are interested in him.

Would you guys have any problems with him in a Chiefs Uniform ?

The Bad Guy
03-15-2006, 09:44 AM
I probably wouldn't. They really need a WR.

Chief Henry
03-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Does anyone have recent numbers on the guy.

royr17
03-15-2006, 09:47 AM
What u mean stats or contract ?

Stats last year were :
71 receptions, 839 yards receivin, and 6 tds

Short Leash Hootie
At this point, I will assume the Chiefs are just stock-piling Johnson's...

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_NFL_career.asp?sport=NFL&leaguenum=&id=2668

Cochise
Does anyone have recent numbers on the guy.

www.google.com

He wouldn't be a bad addition. Gives us a posession receiver at a fraction of the cost and risk of TO.

Short Leash Hootie
my link = Keyshawn's career stats

royr17
03-15-2006, 09:48 AM
I was all over it before I saw his age, Im not so sure now, he is 33 years old and will be 34 when the season starts.

TRR
03-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Keyshawn wouldn't be a bad WR. Although he is 34 years old, and wanted a long term deal.

John_Wayne
03-15-2006, 09:49 AM
He's NOT an upgrade over Kennison, so why bother. We want a #1 WR, not another #2 or #3. We've got plenty of second rate WRs. We need a game breaker. From what I hear Keyshawn just doesn't have it anymore.

royr17
03-15-2006, 09:49 AM
He had decent numbers last year considerin they had him, glenn, and whitten.

Glenn had a 1000 yard season
Johnson 850 yard season
Witten 750 yard season

So not that bad really

royr17
03-15-2006, 09:50 AM
My only concern about Keyshawn is his speed.

He probably doesnt have the speed he used to have and im not sure if he would work out in this system.

Brock
03-15-2006, 09:51 AM
He'd be a nice addition.

Rain Man
03-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Eh.

Is he still a jerk, or has he realized that he's not a top-tier received and become humble?

Saulbadguy
03-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Whitlock would have a cow.

nychief
he is big surehanded reciever, and he blocks really well. He has chilled in his old age, I would take a flyer. Look what Joe Jarivicious (sp?) did last year with the Seahags.

Short Leash Hootie
I'll take Keyshawn. Solid #2. He fumbles too much and has an attitude, but I'll still take him.

petegz28
03-15-2006, 09:53 AM
He's NOT an upgrade over Kennison, so why bother. We want a #1 WR, not another #2 or #3. We've got plenty of second rate WRs. We need a game breaker. From what I hear Keyshawn just doesn't have it anymore.

Kennison isn't the problem. The fact that Dante Hall hs been our over the middle receiver the last 2 years is.

PastorMikH
03-15-2006, 09:54 AM
Some say he's a headcase. He doesn't have the upside TO has, but he sure doesn't have the potential downside either. He probably isn't as fast as DV would have wanted, but he is 6'4" and would give Trent a good target downfield. His presence would put Dante back to KR/PR duties fulltime which should help him to be fresher and it would move Sammie to #3 where he can get some decent PT to learn and grow, but not have to be depended upon in the clutch situations just yet.

I'd be interested in him for the right price.

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 09:55 AM
I'd gladly take Keyshawn. He's got great hands, can go over the middle, and he's a good blocker.

But most of all, if we signed him, we'd hopefully not consider spending our 1st-round pick on a WR...

cdcox
03-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Keyshawn was never all that. He never had a season in which he averaged over 14 yds per reception. Even in his prime, he was never more than a possession reciever.

PastorMikH
03-15-2006, 09:56 AM
I'll take Keyshawn. Solid #2. He fumbles too much and has an attitude, but I'll still take him.

I was under the impression that he didn't fumble. The stats in the link earlier in the thread show about 1 fumble per year.

petegz28
03-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Keyshawn was never all that. He never had a season in which he averaged over 14 yds per reception. Even in his prime, he was never more than a possession reciever.

Who is our possesion receiver now?

KCTitus
03-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Whitlock would have a cow.

LOL...Ok, Im sold!

Short Leash Hootie
03-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Tony Gonzalez.

dj56dt58
03-15-2006, 09:59 AM
I'd love to have Keyshawn if Edwards would LET him be cocky like he was in Tampa. Parcells got his cockiness cut down a bit and his performance hasn't been the same. I'm not talking TO type attitude, but give him back his old Keyshawn personality and see what he can do. BTW, we do have a #1 reciever and his name is Eddie Kennison.

petegz28
Tony Gonzalez.

Exactly. And even more specifically our Slot Receiver has been Dante Hall.

Cochise

I think he's a good receiver. He's suffered from being in less than ideal situations, and being overhyped coming out of college. He never did live up to his draft position, but he is still a quality player.

If you ask me, given his utility in the middle of the field and the fact that we have Tony Gonzalez to work with him, Keyshawn seems tailor made for our needs. Can catch over the middle, good hands, decent speed, wouldn't be too expensive, would enable us to keep our #1 pick for the defense.

sedated
I'd gladly take Keyshawn. He's got great hands, can go over the middle, and he's a good blocker.

But most of all, if we signed him, we'd hopefully not consider spending our 1st-round pick on a WR...

I totally agree.

None of our receivers are over the middle guys (except Bo, and he's gone)

Morton was our last "possession" receiver, and he dropped everything.
If we had Keyshawn, maybe we beat IND in 2003.

The age thing isn't a big deal, he wasn't fast to begin with, and he still lead his team with catches last year (at 33).

htismaqe

EXACTLY.

Keyshawn is a true possession WR, something we never had under Vermeil. Both Parker and Morton struggled with drops, and even Kennison had problems at times.

milkman
03-15-2006, 10:01 AM

That'd be the only real upside to signing Keyshawn, IMO.

htismaqe
I think he's a good receiver. He's suffered from being in less than ideal situations, and being overhyped coming out of college. He never did live up to his draft position, but he is still a quality player.

If you ask me, given his utility in the middle of the field and the fact that we have Tony Gonzalez to work with him, Keyshawn seems tailor made for our needs. Can catch over the middle, good hands, decent speed, wouldn't be too expensive, would enable us to keep our #1 pick for the defense.

Bravo!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

royr17
Yea Keyshawn had 46 First Downs this year, Eddie Kennison had 47 I believe, and Parker only had 25

HemiEd
03-15-2006, 10:08 AM

Agreed, we do not need another WR anyway. We need to develop Crap!

Chiefnj
03-15-2006, 10:11 AM
I think every single NFL WR free agent was given a memo in the offseason to mention KC's name should they be asked the question "What teams have contacted you?"

Cochise
03-15-2006, 10:41 AM
All the people who are waiting on Samie Parker to turn into the second coming of Cris Carter are going to be extremely disappointed.

It's time for us to quit hoping marginal NFL players turn into superstars and actually install some proven talent. Things like wide receivers with hands, size condusive to playing the position, good route runners, etc.

I'm just sick of the team running out inferior talent at the position because they aren't willing to pay for even two mediocre receivers. Open up the freaking checkbook and bring in at least ONE verteran wideout.

If we are only going to add tweeners on defense we could at least pretend like we have a strategy of making the offense better to counteract it.

Kclee
03-15-2006, 10:42 AM
That'd be the only real upside to signing Keyshawn, IMO.

I think Key would do wonders for LJ. Besides H. Ward, Key is one of the better blockers. And like others have said, he is a big target with pretty good hands. If Herm is set on running more, we should really try and get him. He is great at sealing off the DE after going in motion, not to mention the size to take out a saftey.

Count Zarth
03-15-2006, 10:42 AM
It's time for us to quit hoping marginal NFL players turn into superstars and actually install some proven talent. Things like wide receivers with hands, size condusive to playing the position, good route runners, etc.

Samie Parker has all of those things. He's not a "marginal" talent.

I'm expecting big things this season. His development is right on line with his playing time.

Count Zarth
03-15-2006, 10:44 AM
I'd bring in Keyshawn, but not to start. He'd be good depth, since we don't currently have a reliable third WR.

There's no reason to remove Parker from the starting lineup at this point.

58-4ever
03-15-2006, 10:45 AM
Samie Parker has all of those things. He's not a "marginal" talent.

I'm expecting big things this season. His development is right on line with his playing time.

I agree, WRs usually bust out in their third and fourth years.

HemiEd
03-15-2006, 10:47 AM
All the people who are waiting on Samie Parker to turn into the second coming of Cris Carter are going to be extremely disappointed.

I'm just sick of the team running out inferior talent at the position because they aren't willing to pay for even two mediocre receivers. Open up the freaking checkbook and bring in at least ONE verteran wideout.

If we are only going to add tweeners on defense we could at least pretend like we have a strategy of making the offense better to counteract it.

So you are saying we need big household names? How did Andre Rison work out? I think they should just go with Samie and Crap and let them develop.

milkman
03-15-2006, 10:49 AM

You are entitled to your opinion, even when it's wrong. :)

Parker has real potential, and he's only entering his third season.
He started to really step up his game in the second half of last season, and I fully expect him to be the Chiefs breakout player next season.

His development is right on schedule.

Duck Dog
03-15-2006, 10:50 AM
Keyshawn's got great hands and catches everything. I had to watch Dallas last year because Glenn was one of my FFL WR's, and was really impressed in how he transormed himself from Meshawn to Keyshawn.

His age is my only concern.

Cochise
03-15-2006, 10:51 AM
So you are saying we need big household names? How did Andre Rison work out? I think they should just go with Samie and Crap and let them develop.

Rison put up 1000 yards one year and caught like 75 passes

Why are you enamored with Crap? He wasn't even good enough to make it out of training camp on a team that has pretty much zilch at WR

Gonzo
03-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Keyshawn is a good possession receiver now. He doesen't have the speed he used to. A long term deal is out of the question IMO. I think they need to bring in some good young talent. Like the saints did with Horn.
I could see Keyshawn becoming another Jonnie Morton situation.

Radar Chief
03-15-2006, 10:54 AM
My only concern about Keyshawn is his speed.

He probably doesnt have the speed he used to have and im not sure if he would work out in this system.

Our system? What is our system anymore? Saunders is gone. :shrug:
Id assume from the switches made in coachn staff that well see a lot more runn LJ with more play action off that and a lot less spread formations. Or at least Id hope. :rolleyes:
And with that in mind Id like the addition of Keyshawn. Hes a great blocker, and has been posted, is a big target that doesnt mind gon over the middle.
Long as the cap hit isnt an issue, getim.

milkman
03-15-2006, 10:56 AM
I think Key would do wonders for LJ. Besides H. Ward, Key is one of the better blockers. And like others have said, he is a big target with pretty good hands. If Herm is set on running more, we should really try and get him. He is great at sealing off the DE after going in motion, not to mention the size to take out a saftey.

I agree.
However he is on the downside of his career, and I would rather look at younger guys.

Count Zarth
03-15-2006, 11:00 AM

He started to really step up his game in the second half of last season, and I fully expect him to be the Chiefs breakout player next season.

Booyeah!
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5226/animation14ab.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Thig Lyfe
03-15-2006, 11:01 AM

Agreed!

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm not at all worried about his speed, primarily because his speed has nothing to do with why I'd bring him in.

Parker can stretch the field, so can Eddie. What Keyshawn gives you is a compliment to Gonzales over the middle, a guy that can block for LJ and won't drop passes.

As long as people have the proper expectations, Keyshawn is perfect for this offense.

plbrdude
03-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Keyshawn was just on 'Moving the Chains' on Sirius NFL Radio and he said that KC and Philadelphia are two teams that are interested in him.

Would you guys have any problems with him in a Chiefs Uniform ?

could be a great move.... if it was 1999

Cochise
03-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Booyeah!

Those are 25% of his career touchdowns right there!

Seriously though... can you not understand the other side of this? Every year, our chances of getting to the promised land hinge on 4 or 5 guys spontaneously developing, and it never happens. i.e., If Sims finally developed and if someone else had ever emerged at DT, and if Bell would have panned out and if Black could have been adequate at tackle and if Wesley could have been effective at free safety, then we might have gone someplace last year.

And even if Parker does catch 60 passes or something, we've still only got 2 servicable receivers on the depth chart. An injury puts us right back where we started, even if Parker does sprout a halo.

Rausch
03-15-2006, 11:08 AM
I'd bring in Keyshawn, but not to start. He'd be good depth, since we don't currently have a reliable third WR.

There's no reason to remove Parker from the starting lineup at this point.

You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

Parker has done nothing to validate being a starter. He fumbles all the time and drops too many passes, not to mention he goes down immediately after the catch...

Kclee
03-15-2006, 11:10 AM
I agree.
However he is on the downside of his career, and I would rather look at younger guys.

I would like the team to get younger too. I just get the feeling with the old OL coach now the OC, the amazing OL, the punishing style of LJ, plus Herm liking to pound the ball, that Key would do much better in this style of O than Parker as the #2 WR. I can live with Parker playing the Slot for a year and taking over for Kennison next year.

nychief
03-15-2006, 11:10 AM

Parker has done nothing to validate being a starter. He fumbles all the time and drops too many passes, not to mention he goes down immediately after the catch...

yeah, I think Keyshawn being 20th all time in NFL receptions would make him a better starting option than, oh, I don't know, Sammie Parker.

milkman
03-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Our system? What is our system anymore? Saunders is gone. :shrug:
Id assume from the switches made in coachn staff that well see a lot more runn LJ with more play action off that and a lot less spread formations. Or at least Id hope. :rolleyes:
And with that in mind Id like the addition of Keyshawn. Hes a great blocker, and has been posted, is a big target that doesnt mind gon over the middle.
Long as the cap hit isnt an issue, getim.

With Solari as OC now, and LJ as the featured back, I would expect our system to take on a more Riggens-Redskin type look.

RedThat
03-15-2006, 11:11 AM

Parker showed a lot of improvement in the latter half of the season. I think he has potential to be pretty good.

He made a lot of mistakes earlier in the year. But what can you do? He's young, a rookie, fumbling the ball, dropping passes, those kinda things are going to happen to rookies. You just gotta give him time. The good news is, he has shown potential, and deserves another chance at a starting role. I'm willing to show patience for the kid.

milkman
03-15-2006, 11:21 AM

I think a lot of people are far to wiling to give up on young players too soon.

I can't remember your take on Kawika last year, but there were a lot of people that felt the same way about his development as a player as you do about Parker's.

Myself included.

I think Parker's performance in the second half of last season earned him the benefit of doubt from doubters.

RedThat
03-15-2006, 11:23 AM
I think a lot of people are far to wiling to give up on young players too soon.

I can't remember your take on Kawika last year, but there were a lot of people that felt the same way about his development as a player as you do about Parker's.

Myself included.

I think Parker's performance in the second half of last season earned him the benefit of doubt from doubters.

There just are some people that don't have patience, and aren't willing to acknowledge development.

Rausch
03-15-2006, 11:24 AM
yeah, I think Keyshawn being 20th all time in NFL receptions would make him a better starting option than, oh, I don't know, Sammie Parker.

But Parker has potential... :rolleyes:

HemiEd
03-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Rison put up 1000 yards one year and caught like 75 passes

Why are you enamored with Crap? He wasn't even good enough to make it out of training camp on a team that has pretty much zilch at WR

He has all of the tools and was hurt in College. He was going to be a first round pick until that happened. I have a feeling we got a great value in him, but if we do not get him the reps it will never happen. He looked great in the preseason game I watched last year, caught everything thrown to him. I was shocked when he did not make the roster.

Cochise
03-15-2006, 11:27 AM

Yeah... he could potentially catch a ball when it hits his hands.

Rausch
03-15-2006, 11:28 AM

And here I thought the Giants game was in the 2nd half of last season.

milkman
03-15-2006, 11:33 AM

Which some people fail to acknowledge.

The Chiefs have built teams over the years with free agency.

Look at all those Lombardi's we've collected as a result of that philosophy.

Meanwhile, teams like the Pats, Steelers, and Bucs have built through the draft.

They've shown patience and let their young guys develop.

No success there, huh?

I'm not saying don't sign Keyshawn.

I'm saying don't be so quick to give up on the kids.

Cochise
03-15-2006, 11:34 AM

Nobody is saying to cut him. There are some of us however who think that Keyshawn Johnson is better and that we are a WR-poor team.

milkman
03-15-2006, 11:35 AM

So, he didn't have a perfect 2nd half of the season.

He did grow as a player during the second half, even though he did experience some growing pains.

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 11:37 AM
With Solari as OC now, and LJ as the featured back, I would expect our system to take on a more Riggens-Redskin type look.

All the more reason to sign Keyshawn...

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 11:39 AM

Meanwhile, teams like the Pats, Steelers, and Bucs have built through the draft.

No success there, huh?

I'm not saying don't sign Keyshawn.

I'm not giving up on Sammie Parker. I'm giving up on Chris Horn, Marc Boerigter, and the rest of the "never will be's" that we trot out as our 3-6 WR's.

Getting Keyshawn gives us another starter, but more importantly gives us much needed DEPTH.

milkman
03-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Nobody is saying to cut him. There are some of us however who think that Keyshawn Johnson is better and that we are a WR-poor team.

Then all we are really in disagreement on is semantics.

Keyshawn is proven.
Parker has more talent, albeit unproven.

milkman
03-15-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm not giving up on Sammie Parker. I'm giving up on Chris Horn, Marc Boerigter, and the rest of the "never will be's" that we trot out as our 3-6 WR's.

Getting Keyshawn gives us another starter, but more importantly gives us much needed DEPTH.

OK, I can get behind that.

StcChief
03-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Has to be the right contract for Me-shawn.
Heavy on incentives.
Green will get him the ball, that isn't the issue.

RedThat
03-15-2006, 11:45 AM

If we are going to sign Keyshawn, we better make sure he is our starter. I'll be so pissed if we pay him $3 million dollars a year and see him as a depth guy.
If that's the case, I'd be willing to give Craphanso Thorpe a chance, or better off drafting a WR in the latter rounds.

Hoover
03-15-2006, 11:48 AM
I don't really think we need a speed WR, because we now have Parker, and Kennison still has some wheels. We need a a guy who can get us first downs, not just big plays, so I kinda like Johnson

milkman
03-15-2006, 11:51 AM
If we are going to sign Keyshawn, we better make sure he is our starter. I'll be so pissed if we pay him $3 million dollars a year and see him as a depth guy.
If that's the case, I'd be willing to give Craphanso Thorpe a chance, or better off drafting a WR in the latter rounds.

I think that even if we were to sign Key, Thorpe would be the 5th WR on the roster.

Jeris McIntrye, who I thought had the chance to be the 5th WR, would be the odd man out.

Rausch
03-15-2006, 11:51 AM

No success there, huh?

No.

But the Pats, Steelers, and Bucs have built through the draft because their FIRST, SECOND, AND THIRD round picks have panned out. They identified playmaking talent. They didn't depend on 6th or 7th round talent to develop, they got a bonus when it did.

Rothlesburger, Heath Miller, Cadillac, Polamalu, these guys weren't 5th round picks with "potential."

They also did a good job with trades. The Bucs traded for Galloway and Keyshawn, and the Pats traded for Dillon.

When their picks didn't pan out they made sure they still added the necessary talent to spark their offense...

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 11:54 AM

He's not gonna get $3M a year.

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 11:54 AM
I don't really think we need a speed WR, because we now have Parker, and Kennison still has some wheels. We need a a guy who can get us first downs, not just big plays, so I kinda like Johnson

:toast:

Count Zarth
03-15-2006, 11:56 AM

Try watching a game sometime.

Count Zarth
03-15-2006, 11:58 AM

Parker had 6 catches for 87 yards.

Like I said, try watching a game sometime.

Radar Chief
03-15-2006, 12:00 PM

Beat me too it.
Im no expert of WR value, but Id highly doubt hes gonna get $3M/year anywhere in the NFL.

melbar
03-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Kennison is a speed guy with OK hands and Keyshawn is a posession guy with great hands. different kinds of recievers. Both #2's but Key is definately better than Kennison. Dont get me wrong I think we need a good young guy to take over , but if we can get him cheap , why not? It can only make our other WRs and DBs better.

Cochise
03-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Beat me too it.
Im no expert of WR value, but Id highly doubt hes gonna get $3M/year anywhere in the NFL.

He'll make about the same as whichever bargain basement, never-was defensive tackle we are planning on bringing in to compete in the logjam of mediocrity at that position.

Johnson wouldn't need an incentive laden contract. He's played 10 reasonably injury-free season in the NFL. He's good for 800-900 yards a season. Averages 6 TD's or so. He's a consistent player.

CoMoChief
03-15-2006, 12:41 PM
If we can get him cheap, all power to him being in red and gold. He's a big target downfield, and Bledsoe isnt have the QB Green is and our running game would just make him more of a threat down field. His numbers were decent last season. Put him around a cast of Probowlers on offense and who knows what he could do. I heard he's looking for that long term deal though, thats why Dallas let him go.

RedThat
03-15-2006, 12:41 PM

How much do you think he'll get?

I mean, if David Givens is making anywhere near 4-5 million dollars a year, than Keyshawn definately deserves that kinda money. Keyshawn is a far better receiver than Givens. If Givens is making that kinda money, then Keyshawn deserves the same. $3 million for Keyshawn is the minimum price he'll ask for.

dtebbe
03-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Keyshawn may talk, but he backs it up year after year after year. There's a reason why he's a "Parcells Guy". With Key and TG over the middle and Eddie K and Sammie Parker on the edges and LJ running the ball... man that would be wicked. Just think of how many passes Eddie K, and Johnnie Morton drop/dropped going over the middle. Keyshawn doesn't hear footsteps when he goes across the middle. Having him and TG in there at the same time is like having 2 tight ends.

Oh yea.. he also blocks his friggen ass off. I saw him stand linebackers up multiple times last year, play after play.

DT

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 01:55 PM
How much do you think he'll get?

I mean, if David Givens is making anywhere near 4-5 million dollars a year, than Keyshawn definately deserves that kinda money. Keyshawn is a far better receiver than Givens. If Givens is making that kinda money, then Keyshawn deserves the same. $3 million for Keyshawn is the minimum price he'll ask for.

Givens isn't making $4-5M a year.

NFL contracts aren't guaranteed and they're almost always backloaded.

Hydrae
03-15-2006, 02:03 PM
I said 2 months ago that I would love to see Keyshawn in Red and Gold. Looks like I may get my wish. :)

*Edit - it was almost 4 months ago:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2922165&postcount=8

Mile High Mania
03-15-2006, 02:06 PM
As much as I don't like the guy... I wouldn't mind him signing with Denver for a decent incentive type of contract. On that note... I would not be interested in him going to KC.

picasso
03-15-2006, 02:09 PM
All this talk about TO people are missing one important factor. Trent Green is a spot quarterback.
We hardly ever run slants because Green is so inaccurate with them, His favorite target is Gonzo for the fact that Tony goes after the ball and makes the highlight reel every week with a high one handed catch behind the back, and every receiver we have has to wait for the ball to catch up to them if it's thrown downfield due to poor arm strength. In other words we need a receiver with great strength, height and agility. Speed isn't in the equation because Green can't deliver. I think Johnson would be a perfect fit but Nate Burleson or Brandon Lloyd would be even better.

Count Zarth
03-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Speed isn't in the equation because Green can't deliver.

My god you're an idiot:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5226/animation14ab.gif

milkman
03-15-2006, 02:13 PM
All this talk about TO people are missing one important factor. Trent Green is a spot quarterback.
We hardly ever run slants because Green is so inaccurate with them, His favorite target is Gonzo for the fact that Tony goes after the ball and makes the highlight reel every week with a high one handed catch behind the back, and every receiver we have has to wait for the ball to catch up to them if it's thrown downfield due to poor arm strength. In other words we need a receiver with great strength, height and agility. Speed isn't in the equation because Green can't deliver. I think Johnson would be a perfect fit but Nate Burleson or Brandon Lloyd would be even better.

Your and idiot.

The Bad Guy
03-15-2006, 02:15 PM

You should stick to painting.

picasso
03-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Your and idiot.

And Yould beed blinded.

Rausch
03-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Parker had 6 catches for 87 yards.

Like I said, try watching a game sometime.

I thought I did.

Yeah, yeah I did.

Why didn't you incude his drops and fumble in those numbers?

Any reason?

Count Zarth
03-15-2006, 02:18 PM
We hardly ever run slants because Green is so inaccurate with them.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/6793/animation24le.gif (http://imageshack.us)

milkman
03-15-2006, 02:19 PM
And Yould beed blinded.

I have no freakin' clue what the hell you just said n00b.

kchiefs
03-15-2006, 02:19 PM
Why do you think the Cowboys dont want him because he is no good. I would rather have Terrell Owens on the team he is a better player than Johnson but he also has as big of a mouth as Johnson or bigger who the hell cares because Carl Peterson is a cheap bastard who has done what 5 things this offseason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets name them signed Will Shields to a 4 year extension which he has about a couple years at the most in his tank let same with Willie Roaf. Let go of four players and that is it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

milkman
03-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Why do you think the Cowboys dont want him because he is no good. I would rather have Terrell Owens on the team he is a better player than Johnson but he also has as big of a mouth as Johnson or bigger who the hell cares because Carl Peterson is a cheap bastard who has done what 5 things this offseason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets name them signed Will Shields to a 4 year extension which he has about a couple years at the most in his tank let same with Willie Roaf. Let go of four players and that is it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Do you have any idea about anything?

58-4ever
03-15-2006, 02:23 PM

How about some puctuation nOOb!!

picasso
03-15-2006, 02:25 PM
My god you're an idiot:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5226/animation14ab.gif

You show one catch out of a handful this season and that proves a point that Green doesn't have arm strength to deliver?
You're an idiot!
How many times do you need to see it? I can count on one hand how many good throws Green made this last year. When we played Denver and he had Dante wide open all alone Green chucked the ball and Dante still had to stand in one spot to catch the ball. Green does not have Farve, Culpepper, even Carson Palmer type arm strength to get the ball down field! WITH VELOCITY!!

rtmike
03-15-2006, 02:27 PM
I watched him play a few games last year and tried to pay attention to him. The announcer's carried on how he was arguably the best pocession receiver in football.
He was always coaching his younger team mates and really laid it out to make a reception. I didn't see any showboating.

Sign him up. He's older, but stays in tip top shape from what I've heard from my little bro, who is a Cowboys fan. That would give us 2 WR's that would need replaced a whole lot sooner too.

Count Zarth
03-15-2006, 02:27 PM
You show one catch out of a handful this season and that proves a point that Green doesn't have arm strength to deliver?
You're an idiot!
How many times do you need to see it? I can count on one hand how many good throws Green made this last year. When we played Denver and he had Dante wide open all alone Green chucked the ball and Dante still had to stand in one spot to catch the ball. Green does not have Farve, Culpepper, even Carson Palmer type arm strength to get the ball down field! WITH VELOCITY!!

Dante was wide open by about twenty yards. Green didn't want to overthrow the ball.

When Green has a man open downfield, he hits him in stride. I've got shitloads of examples.

We have few receivers that can do that consistently. Palmer has Chad Johnson. Culepper had Moss. Favre had Javon Walker.

SLAG
03-15-2006, 02:28 PM
You're an idiot!

Looks like the Ball was put right where it needed to be...

picasso
03-15-2006, 02:29 PM
I have no freakin' clue what the hell you just said n00b.

Far from a NOOB asslips!!
It's "AN" idiot you moron. My response was sarcasm.

Count Zarth
03-15-2006, 02:29 PM
In other words we need a receiver with great strength, height and agility.

That's T.O.

You don't have a point. Please shut up.

Rausch
03-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Dante was wide open by about twenty yards. Green didn't want to overthrow the ball.

When Green has a man open downfield, he hits him in stride. I've got shitloads of examples.

We have few receivers that can do that consistently. Palmer has Chad Johnson. Culepper had Moss. Favre had Javon Walker.

And we have Sammie Parker.

:hmmm:

Don't tell me we don't need a guy with TO-type ability. We need a legit no 1 threat...

FAX
03-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Let's recap the week so far.

Bucky. Not signed.
Mr. Phobia. Pissed.
Mr. wutamess. Wrecked.
Alphonso. Robbed.
Ms. Deaf Texas. Dead.

And it's only Wednesday!

FAX

Count Zarth
03-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Also, picasso, TO does the majority of his work within the first ten yards of the line of scrimmage. He's a YAC receiver.

milkman
03-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Far from a NOOB asslips!!
It's "AN" idiot you moron. My response was sarcasm.

"Your and idiot" is part of the planet lexicon, n00b.

So stfu, because your and idiot!

Rausch
03-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Also, picasso, TO does the majority of his work within the first ten yards of the line of scrimmage. He's a YAC receiver.

Could you imagine a 4-wide with Kennison, Parker, Dante, and TO/Johnson?

Or a single back with Gonzo, Kennison, Dante, TO/Johnson, and LJ in the backfield?

Talk about matchup problems.

picasso
03-15-2006, 02:42 PM
I am not saying that Green isn't a good quarterback geez you guys what I am saying is that he throws to a spot. Yes that was a good throw and a good catch by Parker. Another example was the throw to Kennison on the in the same game (right on target) but as far as hitting a receiver on a slant from the slot Green is sloppy at it. As far as Kennisons amount of YAC's as compared to TD's it is obvious that he is there waiting for the ball. He makes the first defender miss and then is caught from behind.

picasso
03-15-2006, 02:45 PM

You STFU side salad.

rtmike
03-15-2006, 02:47 PM

I have less than 50 posts and figured that out.

All you have to do is the read quality of responses here to know the members here do it on purpose.

IMO, Meshawn was released to help the 'boys bargain with TO. I can't see Meshawn wanting to play in TO's "shadow" in Philly tho. Who knows.

Count Zarth
03-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Picasso, you're saying Green can't hit a moving target.

You're wrong. So horribly, horribly wrong.

milkman
03-15-2006, 02:53 PM
I have less than 50 posts and figured that out.

All you have to do is the read quality of responses here to know the members here do it on purpose.

IMO, Meshawn was released to help the 'boys bargain with TO. I can't see Meshawn wanting to play in TO's "shadow" in Philly tho. Who knows.

He also was due a 1mil roster bonus, and would have counted about 3mil against the cap (I believe those are the numbers I heard), and he, quite frankly, isn't worth that.

If the Chiefs could sign him to a cap friendly contract, he'd be a good addition to the roster.

Nothing spectacular, but a solid, reliable receiver.

Kclee
03-15-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm just wondering where Gaz is at so we can ask him. :Scanlon:

JBucc
03-15-2006, 02:56 PM
I dont' think he's really a cancer, I just don't think he's worth the money he's gonna want.

Hog Farmer
03-15-2006, 02:58 PM

ROFL ROFL

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 03:04 PM
I dont' think he's really a cancer, I just don't think he's worth the money he's gonna want.

What is he gonna want? You seem to know, so tell us.

picasso
03-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Picasso, you're saying Green can't hit a moving target.

You're wrong. So horribly, horribly wrong.

What I am saying is he overthrows Dante on a hook route (height) or he throws behind on a slant(agility - we were picked off a few times this last year because of that) or maybe he goes through his progressions to slow to hit the deep route in stride everytime (strength). The ball seems to be to low or looks as though it loses it's velocity. And yes Green can hit a moving target but you can't put all the blame of dropped balls on the WR's. NOT every ball Green throws is a golden ball that you can say "He should have had that." unless you say "If he only would have slowed down and turned around a little bit."

JBucc
03-15-2006, 03:05 PM
What is he gonna want? You seem to know, so tell us.17 million dollars

Count Zarth
03-15-2006, 03:10 PM
What I am saying is he overthrows Dante on a hook route (height) or he throws behind on a slant(agility - we were picked off a few times this last year because of that) or maybe he goes through his progressions to slow to hit the deep route in stride everytime (strength). The ball seems to be to low or looks as though it loses it's velocity. And yes Green can hit a moving target but you can't put all the blame of dropped balls on the WR's. NOT every ball Green throws is a golden ball that you can say "He should have had that." unless you say "If he only would have slowed down and turned around a little bit."

So...let's assume for a moment that you're not a moron, and that you're correct.

Why does any of that rule out T.O? He's the biggest, strongest WR in the league, one of the tallest and second only to Moss in jumping prowess.

Sure-Oz
03-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Keyshawn in the slot would be good i think, he would work well with the speed on the outside and Gonzo!

picasso
03-15-2006, 03:27 PM
As far as assumptions let's assume moron wasn't said and continue.
I never said I was against TO coming here, HELL I'm all for it but he won't. Anyone else out there on the market that I think fits the Chiefs would be Johnson, Lloyd or Burleson. They have the height, agility and strength (accept for Burleson - only 6 ft but a helluva vertical) qualities I mentioned and some speed to boot.

picasso
03-15-2006, 03:29 PM
What rules out TO is TO. He won't come to KC because KC has nothing to offer.

Count Zarth
03-15-2006, 04:00 PM
What rules out TO is TO. He won't come to KC because KC has nothing to offer.

So you had no point to begin with. Good to know.

AZORChiefFan
03-15-2006, 04:21 PM
OVER-RATED CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

picasso
03-15-2006, 04:21 PM
So you had no point to begin with. Good to know.

Exactly!!! And you guys get all pissy GEEZ!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Keyshawn is an assclown.

Valiant
03-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Hell NO...

Keyshawn is slow... We already have kennision and Gonzo, That is our Passing O's biggest problem is seperation with our WR... We have zero deep threats with sure hands...

I do not want to stockpile slow WR for short gains...

suds79
03-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Keyshawn has little to no game left in him IMO

Guru
03-15-2006, 06:52 PM

Yeah, but how was Herm with him. I don't remember exactly what year he left NY.

Kclee
03-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah, but how was Herm with him. I don't remember exactly what year he left NY.

Key's last year with the Jets was 99. Herm took over in 2001.

MGRS13
03-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Whats funny about keyshawn is that most chief fans I've talked to don't want an asshole that can play (t.o.) but would except an asshole that can't. I'd probably avoid both but given a choice between the two I would take T.O., regardless of the dollar differance.

Spott
03-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Kind of a moot point. CP won't be signing any big name FA's this off season.

Guru
03-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Key's last year with the Jets was 99. Herm took over in 2001.

Thanks. I couldn't remember. I would take TO over him in a heartbeat. Really don't want either one of them though.

nychief
03-15-2006, 07:08 PM
we will not sign either.

milkman
03-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Whats funny about keyshawn is that most chief fans I've talked to don't want an asshole that can play (t.o.) but would except an asshole that can't. I'd probably avoid both but given a choice between the two I would take T.O., regardless of the dollar differance.

I want no part of TO.
I could accept Key.

But what I want makes no difference.

Halfcan
03-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Sorry but I hate Keyshawn "just give me the damm ball" Johnson. He has always been over rated.

Big Chief Homer
03-15-2006, 08:24 PM
key was on his show(to the house) on sirius radio last year after the Dallas game and he was raving about Trent Green.Saying that he knew he was good but after standing on the side lines watching him he was amazed.Said Trent was the #1 under rated player in the NFL and that he would love to play with him and the rest of our O.

after i heard he was released it was the first thing I thought of.

nychief
03-15-2006, 08:26 PM
all this speculation is COMING FROM Key, not the chiefs. Key is just trying to drum up interest, he also mentioned the Panthers, in hopes of sparking something. I would be suprised if this came off...

keg in kc
03-15-2006, 08:29 PM
I hope not. I'd take it as a sign of the eventual wco-ification of the offense.

Halfcan
03-15-2006, 09:27 PM
TOdor, Key, and all the other FA's can come here if they take a shitty deal, with no bonus, that is back ended with years and $$ they will never see. Carl has really screwed this team up. You would think with the big stadium vote coming-the Chiefs would do "SOMETHING" besides blow the same shit out their mouths as they always do. We still have a half a team of underacheivers.