PDA

View Full Version : Dammit Carl, Rocky Bernard resigns with the Seahags

royr17
03-15-2006, 12:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2369788

Seahawks, DT Bernard agree to three-year deal
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

The Seattle Seahawks haven't decided whether to match the Steve Hutchinson offer sheet from the Minnesota Vikings, but they have prevented their next best free agent from leaving.

The Seahawks fought off the Kansas City Chiefs on Wednesday and kept defensive tackle Rocky Bernard by reaching a three-year, $13 million deal that included a $5.4 million signing bonus. Bernard is coming off an 8-sack season and also had his best season stopping the run.

The Chiefs flew in Bernard on Tuesday and were trying to talk him into a contract. The Seahawks kept in touch the entire time and wouldn't let him go.

On Wednesday, they re-signed both wide receiver Peter Warrick and Bernard.

RedThat
03-15-2006, 12:56 PM
That sucks

CoMoChief
03-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Shit beat me to it. YOU GOTTA ****IN BE KIDDING ME CARL!!!!!!!!! You really ****ed up this time. Now we wait while some rookie DT developes. By that time our Oline will be gone. Thanks Carl.

sedated
03-15-2006, 12:57 PM
That's not a whole lot of money.

He was probably just here for leverage.

Dunit35
03-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Son of a ...It looks to be drafting a DT in 1st round now.

ct
03-15-2006, 01:21 PM
played...again

rtmike
03-15-2006, 01:22 PM
It sounds like Carl tried awful hard at least.

nychief
03-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Shit beat me to it. YOU GOTTA ****IN BE KIDDING ME CARL!!!!!!!!! You really ****ed up this time. Now we wait while some rookie DT developes. By that time our Oline will be gone. Thanks Carl.

chill out, the guy wanted to stay in seattle. He is not Reggie White.

Douche Baggins
03-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Lame. That's a cheap deal.

MVChiefFan
03-15-2006, 01:31 PM
You know him and Seattle already had it on the table to go out there and test the market and whatever offer you get, call and we'll see what we can do. He was going back to Seattle no matter what, unless we gave him outrageous money.

Mr. Kotter
03-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Another season with a soft "Front Four"..... :shake:

Unless CP pulls a rabbit outta of the hat, or Sims and Siavii step it up.....BIG time. :cuss:

siberian khatru
03-15-2006, 01:41 PM
MotherF*CK!

ChiefsManiac
03-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Chicken sh*t Carl keeps the money in his own pocket. What a gutless F**K

Wile_E_Coyote
03-15-2006, 01:44 PM
the got money put back for Law, TO & a trade for Ramsey

ChiefsManiac
03-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Never happen he will not sign Law and why would we trade for Ramsey

Brock
03-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Too bad.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Never happen he will not sign Law and why would we trade for Ramsey

I get to pull the n00b card

~cool

Munson
03-15-2006, 01:54 PM
I guess Carl is happy with Ryan "The Bust" Sims anchoring our defensive line.

stevieray
03-15-2006, 01:56 PM
I guess Carl is happy with Ryan "The Bust" Sims anchoring our defensive line.

If that was true, wwhy did they bring RB here for an interview?

Munson
03-15-2006, 01:58 PM
If that was true, wwhy did they bring RB here for an interview?

So he could make is "seem" like he was trying to make the team better, without actually having to spend any money.

Fish
03-15-2006, 01:59 PM
This is so dissapointing.... When I heard he'd been in town for several days I really thought they might work something.... but no.... Carl has just enough guys signed to sell the tickets and use that extra cap $ to go to the Bunny Ranch......

Ohhhh Damit Carl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevieray
03-15-2006, 02:01 PM
So he could make is "seem" like he was trying to make the team better, without actually having to spend any money.

and you're still a fan?

Impressive.

BigChiefFan
03-15-2006, 02:03 PM
18 years and counting. Whew whew. That's one Hell of a plan.

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 02:04 PM

ROFL

So pathetic, it's funny.

tk13
03-15-2006, 02:07 PM
I didn't think it'd take a $6 million dollar signing bonus to get the guy. I'm a bit surprised. He sure cashed in.

kchiefs
03-15-2006, 02:28 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs aren't going to do anything in this offseason because Carl Peterson is up tight with his money

kchiefs
03-15-2006, 02:32 PM
look what everone else have done in two days!!!!!!two days!!!!!!! New York Jets Signed defensive end Kimo von Oelhoffen, who had been with the Pittsburgh Steelers, to a three-year contract.
Philadelphia Eagles Re-signed wide receiver Darnerien McCants to a one-year contract.
Pittsburgh Steelers Re-signed defensive end Brett Keisel to a four-year contract; re-signed quarterback Charlie Batch and linebacker Clint Kriewaldt to three-year contracts; signed fullback Brandon Joe; claimed fullback Doug Easlick off waivers from the San Francisco 49ers; agreed to terms with tight end Jerame Tuman and tackle Barrett Brooks; signed center Jeff Hartings to a one-year contract extension and center Chukky Okobi to a two-year extension.
Cincinnati Bengals Re-signed safety Anthony Mitchell to a one-year contract.
San Francisco 49ers Signed cornerback Walt Harris, who had been with the Washington Redskins.
Seattle Seahawks Re-signed defensive tackle Rocky Bernard to a three-year contract and wide receiver-returner Peter Warrick to a one-year contract.
New York Giants Signed safety Will Demps, who had been with the Baltimore Ravens.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
TEAM
Jacksonville Jaguars Signed tackle Mike Williams, who had been with the Buffalo Bills; re-signed defensive end Marcellus Wiley and cornerback Terry Cousin.
Philadelphia Eagles Released wide receiver Terrell Owens; signed tight end Matt Schobel, who had been with the Cincinnati Bengals, to a five-year contract.
Denver Broncos Named Rick Smith assistant general manager.
Washington Redskins Re-signed linebacker Khary Campbell; signed quarterback Todd Collins, who had been with the Kansas City Chiefs, to a two-year contract.
St. Louis Rams Signed cornerback Fakhir Brown, who had been with the New Orleans Saints, to a five-year contract.
New Orleans Saints Signed quarterback Drew Brees, who had been with the San Diego Chargers, to a six-year contract.
Detroit Lions Re-signed defensive end Kalimba Edwards to a five-year contract; re-signed kick returner Eddie Drummond to a five-year contract; signed tight end Dan Campbell, who had been with the Dallas Cowboys, to a five-year contract; agreed to terms with quarterback Jon Kitna, who had been with the Cincinnati Bengals.
Miami Dolphins Acquired quarterback Daunte Culpepper from the Minnesota Vikings for a second-round pick in 2006; released quarterback Gus Frerotte.
Dallas Cowboys Released wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson.
San Francisco 49ers Signed wide receiver Bryan Gilmore, who had been with the Miami Dolphins.
Pittsburgh Steelers Signed safety Ryan Clark, who had been with the Washington Redskins, to a multi-year contract.
Monday, March 13, 2006
TEAM
Washington Redskins Signed safety Adam Archuleta, who had been with the St. Louis Rams.
Miami Dolphins Signed cornerback Andre Goodman, who had been with the Detroit Lions, to a three-year contract; signed linebacker Sedrick Hodge, who had been with the New Orleans Saints, to a two-year contract; signed tackle L.J. Shelton, who had been with the Cleveland Browns, to a four-year contract; tendered qualifying offers to safety Yeremiah Bell, tight end Alex Holmes and cornerback Eddie Jackson.
Philadelphia Eagles Signed defensive end Darren Howard, who had been with the New Orleans Saints, to a six-year contract.
Cleveland Browns Signed defensive tackle Ted Washington, who had been with the Oakland Raiders, to a two-year contract.
New England Patriots Released linebacker Chad Brown and guard Ryan Krug.
Cincinnati Bengals Signed defensive back Dexter Jackson, who had been with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, to a four-year contract.
Dallas Cowboys Signed linebacker Akin Ayodele, who had been with the Jacksonville Jaguars, to a five-year contract.
Atlanta Falcons Re-signed wide receiver Brian Finneran to a four-year contract.
San Francisco 49ers Signed wide receiver Antonio Bryant, who had been with the Cleveland Browns.
New Orleans Saints Agreed to terms with linebacker Scott Fujita, who had been with the Dallas Cowboys, on a four-year contract.
Minnesota Vikings Signed guard Jason Whittle, who had been with the New York Giants.
Detroit Lions Signed wide receiver Corey Bradford, who had been with the Houston Texans, to a four-year contract.
Carolina Panthers Signed defensive tackles Maake Kemoeatu, who had been with the Baltimore Ravens, and Damione Lewis, who had been with the St. Louis Rams.
Green Bay Packers Signed safety Marquand Manuel, who had been with the Seattle Seahawks, to a multi-year contract; claimed wide receiver Harry Williams off waivers from the New York Jets.
Buffalo Bills Signed offensive lineman Greg Jerman.
Tennessee Titans Agreed to terms with linebacker David Thornton, who had been with the Indianapolis Colts, on a multi-year contract

Douche Baggins
03-15-2006, 02:34 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs aren't going to do anything in this offseason because Carl Peterson is up tight with his money

You're so right. Carl's money fuels our free agent plans. I see the light.

kchiefs
03-15-2006, 02:34 PM
I truly think that the Dallas Cowboys are going to sign Terrell Owens

FAX
03-15-2006, 02:37 PM
I truly think that the Dallas Cowboys are going to sign Terrell Owens

I think you're probably right, Mr. kchiefs rookie person. But, then again, they've got that Tuna thing going on down there.

FAX

MVChiefFan
03-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Seriously, is there anyone even left thats worth having at any position? This is freakin' rediculous!!! Why on earth would you ever have an off season with money under the cap? Every team can always get better, even if you win the Super Bowl, there is always room for improvement somewhere. We didn't even make the damn playoffs and we're sittin' back watchin'! If I was running a team (thank God I'm not) I don't care if it's $1 million or $30 million, it would be at $0 when the season started you can bank on that!

milkman
03-15-2006, 02:39 PM
look what everone else have done in two days!!!!!!two days!!!!!!! New York Jets Signed defensive end Kimo von Oelhoffen, who had been with the Pittsburgh Steelers, to a three-year contract.
Philadelphia Eagles Re-signed wide receiver Darnerien McCants to a one-year contract.
Pittsburgh Steelers Re-signed defensive end Brett Keisel to a four-year contract; re-signed quarterback Charlie Batch and linebacker Clint Kriewaldt to three-year contracts; signed fullback Brandon Joe; claimed fullback Doug Easlick off waivers from the San Francisco 49ers; agreed to terms with tight end Jerame Tuman and tackle Barrett Brooks; signed center Jeff Hartings to a one-year contract extension and center Chukky Okobi to a two-year extension.
Cincinnati Bengals Re-signed safety Anthony Mitchell to a one-year contract.
San Francisco 49ers Signed cornerback Walt Harris, who had been with the Washington Redskins.
Seattle Seahawks Re-signed defensive tackle Rocky Bernard to a three-year contract and wide receiver-returner Peter Warrick to a one-year contract.
New York Giants Signed safety Will Demps, who had been with the Baltimore Ravens.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
TEAM
Jacksonville Jaguars Signed tackle Mike Williams, who had been with the Buffalo Bills; re-signed defensive end Marcellus Wiley and cornerback Terry Cousin.
Philadelphia Eagles Released wide receiver Terrell Owens; signed tight end Matt Schobel, who had been with the Cincinnati Bengals, to a five-year contract.
Denver Broncos Named Rick Smith assistant general manager.
Washington Redskins Re-signed linebacker Khary Campbell; signed quarterback Todd Collins, who had been with the Kansas City Chiefs, to a two-year contract.
St. Louis Rams Signed cornerback Fakhir Brown, who had been with the New Orleans Saints, to a five-year contract.
New Orleans Saints Signed quarterback Drew Brees, who had been with the San Diego Chargers, to a six-year contract.
Detroit Lions Re-signed defensive end Kalimba Edwards to a five-year contract; re-signed kick returner Eddie Drummond to a five-year contract; signed tight end Dan Campbell, who had been with the Dallas Cowboys, to a five-year contract; agreed to terms with quarterback Jon Kitna, who had been with the Cincinnati Bengals.
Miami Dolphins Acquired quarterback Daunte Culpepper from the Minnesota Vikings for a second-round pick in 2006; released quarterback Gus Frerotte.
Dallas Cowboys Released wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson.
San Francisco 49ers Signed wide receiver Bryan Gilmore, who had been with the Miami Dolphins.
Pittsburgh Steelers Signed safety Ryan Clark, who had been with the Washington Redskins, to a multi-year contract.
Monday, March 13, 2006
TEAM
Washington Redskins Signed safety Adam Archuleta, who had been with the St. Louis Rams.
Miami Dolphins Signed cornerback Andre Goodman, who had been with the Detroit Lions, to a three-year contract; signed linebacker Sedrick Hodge, who had been with the New Orleans Saints, to a two-year contract; signed tackle L.J. Shelton, who had been with the Cleveland Browns, to a four-year contract; tendered qualifying offers to safety Yeremiah Bell, tight end Alex Holmes and cornerback Eddie Jackson.
Philadelphia Eagles Signed defensive end Darren Howard, who had been with the New Orleans Saints, to a six-year contract.
Cleveland Browns Signed defensive tackle Ted Washington, who had been with the Oakland Raiders, to a two-year contract.
New England Patriots Released linebacker Chad Brown and guard Ryan Krug.
Cincinnati Bengals Signed defensive back Dexter Jackson, who had been with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, to a four-year contract.
Dallas Cowboys Signed linebacker Akin Ayodele, who had been with the Jacksonville Jaguars, to a five-year contract.
Atlanta Falcons Re-signed wide receiver Brian Finneran to a four-year contract.
San Francisco 49ers Signed wide receiver Antonio Bryant, who had been with the Cleveland Browns.
New Orleans Saints Agreed to terms with linebacker Scott Fujita, who had been with the Dallas Cowboys, on a four-year contract.
Minnesota Vikings Signed guard Jason Whittle, who had been with the New York Giants.
Detroit Lions Signed wide receiver Corey Bradford, who had been with the Houston Texans, to a four-year contract.
Carolina Panthers Signed defensive tackles Maake Kemoeatu, who had been with the Baltimore Ravens, and Damione Lewis, who had been with the St. Louis Rams.
Green Bay Packers Signed safety Marquand Manuel, who had been with the Seattle Seahawks, to a multi-year contract; claimed wide receiver Harry Williams off waivers from the New York Jets.
Buffalo Bills Signed offensive lineman Greg Jerman.
Tennessee Titans Agreed to terms with linebacker David Thornton, who had been with the Indianapolis Colts, on a multi-year contract

I think my head just exploded!

58-4ever
03-15-2006, 02:42 PM
they've got that Tuna thing going on down there.

FAX

sounds like some antibiotics are in order.

58-4ever
03-15-2006, 02:42 PM
Seriously, is there anyone even left thats worth having at any position? This is freakin' rediculous!!! Why on earth would you ever have an off season with money under the cap? Every team can always get better, even if you win the Super Bowl, there is always room for improvement somewhere. We didn't even make the damn playoffs and we're sittin' back watchin'! If I was running a team (thank God I'm not) I don't care if it's $1 million or $30 million, it would be at $0 when the season started you can bank on that!

WTF?

ct
03-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Seriously, is there anyone even left thats worth having at any position? ...

Sam Adams

MVChiefFan
03-15-2006, 02:51 PM
WTF?

What do you mean "WTF?" ?!!

Everyone's entitled to an insane rant at some point and time. It's almost time to leave work, I had a moment of built up tension, I apologize. :)

ZootedGranny
03-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Consider the source, but Jack Harry on 810 said that the Chiefs had offered Bernard a 5 year deal.

Gonzo
03-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Unless CP pulls a rabbit outta of the hat, or Sims and Siavii step it up.....BIG time. :cuss:

ROFL

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Consider the source, but Jack Harry on 810 said that the Chiefs had offered Bernard a 5 year deal.

It's just an excuse. Jack Harry is always offering up excuses for Carl Peterson and the Chiefs.

Kerberos
03-15-2006, 03:42 PM
It's just an excuse. Jack Harry is always offering up excuses for Carl Peterson and the Chiefs.

Is that because Jack Harry is CP's BITCH?

:D