PDA

View Full Version : Are the Skins really that stoopid??

Halfcan
03-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Throwing around mad money for average players. I want the KC Cheaps to sign some talent-but would not want any of the players they signed.

Seriously have they lost their freakin minds??

Bwana
03-15-2006, 10:35 PM
YES

Short Leash Hootie
03-15-2006, 10:37 PM
I would've taken Lloyd, but that's about it.

Halfcan
03-15-2006, 10:38 PM
YES

That answers that-shortest thread evar!

I have been a little behind in watching sports and was shocked at what they have been doing. I mean they are paying huge amounts of money-I don't get how they get away with it every freakin year.

Halfcan
03-15-2006, 10:39 PM

I thought he had some injury problems in the past? Who will throw him the ball-Maytag Collins?

Ultra Peanut
03-15-2006, 11:16 PM
Throwing around mad moneyI love these guys! They beat the treason charges! We had it as a “Don’t buy.” Let’s bump it up to a “Risky!”

Miles
03-15-2006, 11:21 PM
I thought he had some injury problems in the past? Who will throw him the ball-Maytag Collins?

Brunell was pretty solid last season and may have another one in him.

Halfcan
03-15-2006, 11:49 PM
If Doc Gooden was not in jail-I would swear he is running the Skins. And if I was not banned for life from their main forum-I would laugh at them and make them cry again.

greg63
03-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Throwing around mad money for average players. I want the KC Cheaps to sign some talent-but would not want any of the players they signed.

My 8 ball says "yes". :D

milkman
03-15-2006, 11:52 PM

How about Jason Campbell?

Guru
03-15-2006, 11:53 PM
My 8 ball says "yes". :D

Doesn't your 8 ball always say "yes"? Damn easy!!!!! ROFL

greg63
03-15-2006, 11:53 PM
If Doc Gooden was not in jail-I would swear he is running the Skins. And if I was not banned for life from their main forum-I would laugh at them and make them cry again.

You big meanie.

greg63
03-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Doesn't your 8 ball always say "yes"? Damn easy!!!!! ROFL

Uuummm? Let me consult my 8 ball.

SLAG
03-15-2006, 11:54 PM

ROFL

let me guess

Guru
03-15-2006, 11:55 PM

Predictable!!!!

Halfcan
03-15-2006, 11:56 PM
You big meanie.

Yeah I am a cruel Bastard sometimes.

milkman
03-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Yeah I am a stupid Bastard.

I fixed your post.

Halfcan
03-16-2006, 12:06 AM
I fixed your post.

LOL thanks for watching my back for me.

greg63
03-16-2006, 12:08 AM
Yeah I am a cruel Bastard sometimes.

ROFL

greg63
03-16-2006, 12:22 AM
ROFL

let me guess

Predictable!!!!

After consulting my 8 ball carefully it has settled on "maybe".

Guru
03-16-2006, 12:26 AM
After consulting my 8 ball carefully it has settled on "maybe".

doesn't count after the fact. :harumph:

Halfcan
03-16-2006, 12:29 AM
I have made fun of Fader fans before too.

greg63
03-16-2006, 12:31 AM
doesn't count after the fact. :harumph:

Which fact; my 8 ball was answering your question about always saying "yes". It's bad karma to disrespect the 8 ball. :p :D

POND_OF_RED
03-16-2006, 12:31 AM
They may be stupid but with masterminds like Gibbs Saunders and Williams they'll be winning...

Guru
03-16-2006, 12:32 AM

Not YOU!!! ROFL

greg63
03-16-2006, 12:32 AM

...Fun; aint it?

Halfcan
03-16-2006, 12:39 AM
...Fun; aint it?

Like kicking a deaf dumb dog lately, they are so pathetic.

greg63
03-16-2006, 12:41 AM
Like kicking a deaf dumb dog lately, they are so pathetic.
ROFL
Yeah, they make themselves such easy marks.

ChiefsFanatic
03-16-2006, 01:01 AM

Yeah, Andre Carter, Randel El and Adam Archuleta are terrible. How the Skins think those guys will improve their team is beyond on me.

Then they go and sign a QB that knows the new offensive system from front to back. Like that move will have any dividends. Those guys are total jackasses.

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2006, 01:13 AM
It'll be weird seeing Archuleta and Randel El in Redskins uniforms.

Then again, I still picture Archuleta in an Arizona State uniform more often than not.

Miles
03-16-2006, 01:22 AM
Yeah, Andre Carter, Randel El and Adam Archuleta are terrible. How the Skins think those guys will improve their team is beyond on me.

Then they go and sign a QB that knows the new offensive system from front to back. Like that move will have any dividends. Those guys are total jackasses.

I wouldnt call them terrible but I wouldnt call them good either. None of them were worth near what they signed them for. Its still hard to beleive that Randel El got that large of a signing bonus. Completly seemed like a Larry Brown type of pickup.

DaWolf
03-16-2006, 04:28 AM
I wonder how many quadruple reverses Al Saunders is planning on running this year with the new guys...

Blackened
03-16-2006, 05:03 AM

and the rich just keep getting richer...

MahiMike
03-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Stupid like a fox! They're already my SB pick next year.

greg63
03-16-2006, 08:19 AM

You mean the Skins are participating in next years Super Brawl??? :p

ChiefsFanatic
03-16-2006, 08:52 AM
I wouldnt call them terrible but I wouldnt call them good either. None of them were worth near what they signed them for. Its still hard to beleive that Randel El got that large of a signing bonus. Completly seemed like a Larry Brown type of pickup.

I left off my sarcasm tags. Any of those players would make our team better. Randel El and Lloyd combined with Moss will make a super starting three receivers. Andre Carter would be one of the best players on our defense.

And I would call them good.

whoman69
03-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Its been their entire story since Snyder got here, throw big money at big names. Problem is, in order to get big names these guys have usually already had a full career. Gibbs might soften that some with his football sense, but the fact remains they are paying to much for the return they are getting. What I can't understand is how they throw around these signing bonuses every year and don't land themselves in cap hell.

Cormac
03-16-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm waiting for their next move. The one where Al Saunders convinces Snyder to ship 2 1st round picks to us for our secret weapon:

Kris Wilson

:thumb:

That is his name, right. I can hardly remember.

Mr. Laz
03-16-2006, 12:11 PM

they will be the NFC team i'm rooting for

Heavy Jumbo
03-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Let me first say that I am not a troll.

I'm a Skins fan that came here to see what you guys have done in FA to find that you really haven't done anything at all.

I don't visit other team's Mb's often, but I think it's funny to see that one of the top topics on the first page here is about another team.

I'm not sure why everyone bashes the Skins approach to FA when we've never had any problems doing it this way.

Could it be that most people bash the Skins because they are jealous their teams wouldn't be able take our approach without getting into "cap hell"?

morphius
03-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Let me first say that I am not a troll.

I'm a Skins fan that came here to see what you guys have done in FA to find that you really haven't done anything at all.

I don't visit other team's Mb's often, but I think it's funny to see that one of the top topics on the first page here is about another team.

I'm not sure why everyone bashes the Skins approach to FA when we've never had any problems doing it this way.

Could it be that most people bash the Skins because they are jealous their teams wouldn't be able take our approach without getting into "cap hell"?
eh, we tried building through FA many times in the 90's and do you see all the superbowl rings we have for it?

Of course we are keeping an eye on the skins you signed our starting clipboard holder and one of the best OC we ever had.

Mr. Laz
03-16-2006, 12:49 PM

that's pretty much it

Garcia Bronco
03-16-2006, 12:50 PM
I would have taken any one of the guys they signed except the saftey...and I wouldn't have paid that price.

Heavy Jumbo
03-16-2006, 12:58 PM
eh, we tried building through FA many times in the 90's and do you see all the superbowl rings we have for it?

Of course we are keeping an eye on the skins you signed our starting clipboard holder and one of the best OC we ever had.

The difference between what you did in the 90's and what we're doing now is we have proven, Super Bowl winning coaches running the show.

I can understand why you're interested in what we do to some degree, but this isn't the only fanbase bashing just about every move we've made this offseason.

People are more concerned with the moves the Redskins have made than the moves their team makes, at least that the way it seems to me.

Heavy Jumbo
03-16-2006, 01:00 PM
I would have taken any one of the guys they signed except the saftey...and I wouldn't have paid that price.

I agree that we paid a little more than I would have preferred. But again, if the Skins have made it work before, it doesn't matter how much money I'd prefer to give FA's.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-16-2006, 01:00 PM
the Pats having won 3 SB in the last 5 years, have no problem letting players go in FA & are 20 mil under the cap. If I'm going to be jealous of a team, it's not going to be the skins

Heavy Jumbo
03-16-2006, 01:06 PM

You can't tell me that the combination of Moss, Llloyd, and Randle-El won't make defenses worry about our passing game.

On defense, I have faith that Williams can make "average" players perform at a high level. That's all he's done since he's been here.

Heavy Jumbo
03-16-2006, 01:10 PM
the Pats having won 3 SB in the last 5 years, have no problem letting players go in FA & are 20 mil under the cap. If I'm going to be jealous of a team, it's not going to be the skins

The Pats aren't the only team that have taken this approach but they're really the only team that have REALLY made it work.

It's not just about the players, it's about who coaches those players as well.

morphius
03-16-2006, 01:16 PM
People are more concerned with the moves the Redskins have made than the moves their team makes, at least that the way it seems to me.

It may be because you are making more moves then everyone else, more then anything else. I mean you guys had a ton of FA's this year that needed to be replaced.

I also think there is a general dislike of your owner, and lots of people enjoyed his first few failures when he tried to buy a championship. Plus there is the whole fighting revune sharing and the like to look at as well, but thats something else.

morphius
03-16-2006, 01:17 PM
The Pats aren't the only team that have taken this approach but they're really the only team that have REALLY made it work.

Phili has generally done a pretty good job of it for a while now as well. Last year was a horrible burning crash for them, but they had been solid before that.

cdcox
03-16-2006, 01:19 PM

Steelers have also been pretty happy to let players walk and build mostly through the draft. They've done pretty well, even though they only have 1 SB victory to show for it.

Basileus777
03-16-2006, 02:30 PM

It worked pretty well for the Steelers too. But your approach has never worked in the salary cap era.

Andre Carter and Brandon lloyd, even if overpaid, were good acquisitions, but the rest were not. Randle El isn't much of a better receiver than Dante Hall, and Archuleta couldn't cover someone with a blanket. Ryan Clark was actually better in my opinion.

Mr. Laz
03-16-2006, 02:31 PM
It worked pretty well for the Steelers too. But your approach has never worked in the salary cap era.

Andre Carter and Brandon lloyd, even if overpaid, were good acquisitions, but the rest were not. Randle El isn't much of a better receiver than Dante Hall, and Archuleta couldn't cover someone with a blanket.
they overpaid big time for Randle El imo

archuleta ... i just don't understand that one at all

carter and lloyd were good

gotta hurt that they lose arrington without any compensation too

ChiefsFanatic
03-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Randle El isn't much of a better receiver than Dante Hall

Are you joking? You left off your sarcasm tags.

Brock
03-16-2006, 02:32 PM

I would hope he isn't joking, because what he said is correct.

Halfcan
03-16-2006, 02:36 PM

Yep NE looks to be pretty good again this year.

Halfcan
03-16-2006, 02:41 PM
they overpaid big time for Randle El imo

archuleta ... i just don't understand that one at all

carter and lloyd were good

gotta hurt that they lose arrington without any compensation too

Exactly, Randle El is one of the highest paid receivers in the game now. His stats don't reflect that he should be paid that kind of money.

Skins will get busted somehow, I think they are cheating the cap like Denver did to win their SuperBowls.

Oh and they have made some really stoopid trades also!!!

Mr. Laz
03-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Exactly, Randle El is one of the highest paid receivers in the game now. His stats don't reflect that he should be paid that kind of money.

Skins will get busted somehow, I think they are cheating the cap like Denver did to win their SuperBowls.

but then again ... who are we to talk

:shrug:

Basileus777
03-16-2006, 02:47 PM

If Randle El didn't throw the ball on trick plays, no one would care about him. He doesn't run good routes, doesn't have good hands, and isn't super fast. He had only 1 more reception and 2 less tds than Dante last year, when he was the #2 receiver and Dante the slot receiver. Granted the Steelers don't pass the ball alot, but Plax managed to do more as the #2, and the Steelers don't seem particularly upset to lose him. Cedrick Wilson played better than him in the playoffs and essentially became the #2 wideout. Plus El is only good at returning punts and not kickoffs.

Halfcan
03-16-2006, 02:48 PM
but then again ... who are we to talk

:shrug:

Hey we finally released EW, that should make our team better.

Carl is waiting until after the draft and cut down day-to sort through the discards.

Mr. Laz
03-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey we finally released EW, that should make our team better.

Carl is waiting until after the draft and cut down day-to sort through the discards.
ya, that's it ;)

Heavy Jumbo
03-17-2006, 12:47 PM

One thing I think everyone forgets is that we have a new CBA. With an increase of cap space comes an increase in salaries. Two or three years ago if Randle-El got this kind of money he would have been GROSSLY overpaid. Now, if you consider the increase in the cap, Randle-El's #'s (http://nflpa.org/Members/playerProfile.asp?ID=33056) don't look so bad.

Truthfully, no one knows if they are or aren't, except the league. Since the Skins have been having these types of signings for about 6 years now if there was any cheating going on the league would have found out about it by now.

This is probably the most irrational point you've made. Players we've traded for include:

Mark Brunell- He had a career year last year and led us to the playoffs

Clinton Portis- Broke the Redskins single season rushing mark and is a leader on the team

Santana Moss- Holds the Skins single-season receiving mark and was our only playmaker at WR last year.

Chris Cooley (traded picks to move up in the draft to get him) A very solid H-back who broke the Skins single season mark for receptions by a TE

Those are the only TRADES we've made for players and they've all had huge impacts with the Skins.

Heavy Jumbo
03-17-2006, 12:58 PM
EDIT

Hmmmm....how did that happen?