PDA

View Full Version : So what happens when the stadium vote fails again?

Halfcan
03-15-2006, 09:50 PM
I don't see it passing, so what is plan B?

Kansas Chiefs????

alanm
03-15-2006, 10:08 PM
I don't see it passing, so what is plan B?

Kansas Chiefs????
I'm betting Los Angeles Chiefs. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Guru
03-15-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm betting Los Angeles Chiefs. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

I just don't see that happening at all. They will still be here but Carl will raise prices on everything he hasn't yet too. :banghead:

Ultra Peanut
03-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Then, we dance!

tk13
03-15-2006, 10:12 PM
San Antonio.

Halfcan
03-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Seriously-I have not heard of anyone that wants it. I mean the whole thing sounds like a big joke with no real plan or budget-where a bunch of people get very rich off a tax that is soon forgotten. I don't give a crap about the tax-but it would be nice to see where the money is going. In Carls pocket most likely.

Rausch
03-15-2006, 10:15 PM
I start shooting ****ers in Jackson Co...

beer bacon
03-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Seriously-I have not heard of anyone that wants it. I mean the whole thing sounds like a big joke with no real plan or budget-where a bunch of people get very rich off a tax that is soon forgotten. I don't give a crap about the tax-but it would be nice to see where the money is going. In Carls pocket most likely.

I live in KC, and I see people with pro arena vote signs in their yards all the time.

Ultra Peanut
03-15-2006, 10:17 PM
San Antonio.We dance in San Antonio?

Halfcan
I just don't see that happening at all. They will still be here but Carl will raise prices on everything he hasn't yet too. :banghead:

The last time around there was a big push for it-but really not much has been said lately. Except 200 plus mil for a roof.

They must have a plan B? Lamar and Glass play poker to see who pays?

Rausch

As long as I don't have to stand in line for 40 minutes to piss or listen to my girlfriend bitch because she had to wait an hour, I don't care if Carl uses 1/2 of it to build a temple to Jobu...

|Zach|
03-15-2006, 10:18 PM
There are a lot of people that are baking this...chamber of commerces around the area have been doing a lot of work.

Halfcan
03-15-2006, 10:18 PM
I live in KC, and I see people with pro arena vote signs in their yards all the time.

Weird- I have not seen even one bumper sticker. Last time I got phone calls and junk mail-zippo this time around.

Fruit Ninja
03-15-2006, 10:20 PM
If they leave KC and move to LA i will stay with em, as i am in cali. IF they go somewhere to say SA or something, then time to find a new football team, again. It sucked the first time, will be worse this time.

beer bacon
03-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Weird- I have not seen even one bumper sticker. Last time I got phone calls and junk mail-zippo this time around.

I just started really noticing them this week. I don't know if that is because they are just now becoming prevalent or just because I didn't notice them before.

jspchief
03-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Seriously-I have not heard of anyone that wants it. I mean the whole thing sounds like a big joke with no real plan or budget-where a bunch of people get very rich off a tax that is soon forgotten. I don't give a crap about the tax-but it would be nice to see where the money is going. In Carls pocket most likely.Getting rich off this? Heh, sure.

And why would any of the money go in Carl's pocket? He's just a GM.

Halfcan
03-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Getting rich off this? Heh, sure.

And why would any of the money go in Carl's pocket? He's just a GM.

Missouri is notorious for money scandals, concerning large projects-way back to when Truman was around. The roads don't suck by coincidence-somebody gettin PHAT.

Who will do the construction If it does pass. JE Dunn would get my vote.

Halfcan
03-15-2006, 10:34 PM
San Antonio.

They are dying for a NFL team. You might be right. :banghead:

jspchief
03-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Missouri is notorious for money scandals, concerning large projects-way back to when Truman was around. The roads don't suck by coincidence-somebody gettin PHAT.

Who will do the construction If it does pass. JE Dunn would get my vote.So you don't think the stadium will actually get renovated if the tax is levied? That would be a whole new level of corruption.

Halfcan
03-15-2006, 10:45 PM
So you don't think the stadium will actually get renovated if the tax is levied? That would be a whole new level of corruption.

Oh it would get done. Under budget, with all money going straight to renovations-tough call there.

I am voting for it-just so they won't move. WTF do I care about 3/8ths of a cent. I just don't really agree with the whole plan-especially the roof. What do you do-vote No-and get a more expensive plan next time, or have the Cheaps move.

It just does not seem to have any excitment to it this time around like the Bi-State tax plan. Where are the Mike Sweeney commercials-drinking his milk and cookies-saying Vote Yes?

Coach
03-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Since I don't live in Jackson County, nor I don't get alot of KC news, would someone be kind enough to provide me a link on what this proposal is about?

Thanks.

Guru
03-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Since I don't live in Jackson County, nor I don't get alot of KC news, would someone be kind enough to provide me a link on what this proposal is about?

Thanks.

:hmmm: It's about putting an arena team in Arrowhead me thinks.

kcfanXIII
03-15-2006, 11:07 PM
a 3/8 cent sales tax to provide around 300 mil for renovations to arrowhead and kaufamn stadiums. there is also a second question that would have a seperate tax to raise somehwere around 200 mil for a roof, that would roll between arrowhead, and kaufman. if they both pass, it would lock both temas into a lease that would last untill 2030 i beleive. in 2015 the superbowl will be hosted in KC, if it passes.

Guru
03-15-2006, 11:11 PM
a 3/8 cent sales tax to provide around 300 mil for renovations to arrowhead and kaufamn stadiums. there is also a second question that would have a seperate tax to raise somehwere around 200 mil for a roof, that would roll between arrowhead, and kaufman. if they both pass, it would lock both temas into a lease that would last untill 2030 i beleive. in 2015 the superbowl will be hosted in KC, if it passes.

and in 2020 they will be threatening to move becuase they want new stadiums. :banghead: Something we should be doing now. :cuss:

HemiEd
03-15-2006, 11:11 PM
As long as I don't have to stand in line for 40 minutes to piss or listen to my girlfriend bitch because she had to wait an hour, I don't care if Carl uses 1/2 of it to build a temple to Jobu...

I think Lambeau is a great example of how much the conditions can improve. The difference was dramatic, Arrowhead should be so nice.

jspchief
03-15-2006, 11:19 PM
I think Lambeau is a great example of how much the conditions can improve. The difference was dramatic, Arrowhead should be so nice.Agree. If they can do to Arrowhead what they did to Lambeau, it will be better than a new stadium (because we keep the history).

One thing I didn't like about the Lambaeu renovation was not near enough urinals. Keep the trough.

Halfcan
03-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Agree. If they can do to Arrowhead what they did to Lambeau, it will be better than a new stadium (because we keep the history).

One thing I didn't like about the Lambaeu renovation was not near enough urinals. Keep the trough.

and wood benches-those suck, small too when sitting next to a big fat Packer fan.

Coach
03-15-2006, 11:34 PM

Ah. So what happens if one of the two did not pass? For example, if the 3/8 cent sales tax does pass, but the 2nd seperate tax doesn't?

keg in kc
03-15-2006, 11:39 PM
Say hello the Kansas City, Kansas Chiefs and the downtown KC Royals.

Halfcan
03-15-2006, 11:40 PM
Ah. So what happens if one of the two did not pass? For example, if the 3/8 cent sales tax does pass, but the 2nd seperate tax doesn't?

We will have a gay azz roof over us when we are standing in the long restroom and beer lines.

Guru
03-15-2006, 11:55 PM
We will have a gay azz roof over us when we are standing in the long restroom and beer lines.

According to Carl, we will never use that roof for a Chiefs game. Unless it is the superbowl in 2015

ChiefsFanatic
03-15-2006, 11:57 PM

I have said it on many threads, I just don't get how arrogant and naive some people can be. The loyal fans in Baltimore, Cleveland, and St. Louis thought the same thing: "My team won't move."

Some people say that Lamar is not putting in enough money, but I bet San Antonio wouldn't make him pay anything.

Rausch
03-15-2006, 11:59 PM

I like the roof, but not as much as doubling the restrooms and beer vendors...

Rausch
03-16-2006, 12:01 AM
I have said it on many threads, I just don't get how arrogant and naive some people can be. The loyal fans in Baltimore, Cleveland, and St. Louis thought the same thing: "My team won't move."

And then...

Some people say that Lamar is not putting in enough money, but I bet San Antonio wouldn't make him pay anything.

Lamar is no longer the man for the Chiefs, he's the figurehead.

Clark is in charge and will be from here on out. Clark is not Lamar.

Yesterday's Chiefs owners are NOT today's Chiefs owners...

luv
03-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Real football is played in the elements. Real fans will go see their team play whether it's sunny, hot, cold, wet, etc. Spend it where we need it. I like Rausch's doubling of restrooms and beer vendors. You miss less of the live action that way.

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2006, 12:02 AM
NOW??

Coach
03-16-2006, 12:04 AM
:spock:

Rausch
03-16-2006, 12:07 AM
Real football is played in the elements. Real fans will go see their team play whether it's sunny, hot, cold, wet, etc. Spend it where we need it. I like Rausch's doubling of restrooms and beer vendors. You miss less of the live action that way.

The roof won't change the elements.

If we play the Raiders you can bet your sweet ass that roof will be off.

Playing the Colts?

Roof off.

The Steelers?

No advantage. Cover the stadium and raise the temprature 10 degrees.

Remember that Seattle game a few years ago when Noah sailed by?

Yeah, I'd like to be able to spend the cash in my wallet on beer before wednesday. Pull up da' roof...

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Remember that Seattle game a few years ago when Noah sailed by?Still one of my favorite Chiefs memories, though I'm sure it would be a different kind of memory -- one more in line with the monsoon at the 2004 GMAC Bowl -- if I'd actually been there.

And how about now? Are we there yet?

Guru
03-16-2006, 12:10 AM

Playing the Colts?

Roof off.

The Steelers?

Yeah, I'd like to be able to spend the cash in my wallet on beer before wednesday. Pull up da' roof...

Seattle and DT sitting in the middle of the field during that monsoon. What a night.

Rausch
03-16-2006, 12:12 AM
Seattle and DT sitting in the middle of the field during that monsoon. What a night.

Seeing that pic just ****ing pisses me off.

That man deserved a super bowl.

Now I'm pulling for Shields, the last TRUE Chief (IMHO.)

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2006, 12:14 AM

That man deserved a super bowl.:(

greg63

Playing the Colts?

Roof off.

The Steelers?

Man; talk about a WASH-OUT!

Guru

Completely agree with you there. Only this organization would blow it for our players. Damn it CARL!!!! :cuss:

Guru
03-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Man; talk about a WASH-OUT!

Don't you mean a WAAAA OUT?

greg63
03-16-2006, 12:16 AM

Agreed!

ChiefsFanatic
03-16-2006, 12:17 AM
And then...

Lamar is no longer the man for the Chiefs, he's the figurehead.

Clark is in charge and will be from here on out. Clark is not Lamar.

Yesterday's Chiefs owners are NOT today's Chiefs owners...

OK. Some people are upset the CHIEFS are not putting in enough of their own money. It does not really matter who the Fu**ing man in charge is. The point is still the same.

mcan
03-16-2006, 12:18 AM
We'll use the roof, but we won't enclose the whole stadium.

It would be stupid to make everybody sit in the rain and cold when you can cover the stadium. Sure it would still be sloppy and a bit cold, but the roof would block most of the wind and keep everybody from being rained on all game.

keg in kc
03-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Real football is played in the elements. Real fans will go see their team play whether it's sunny, hot, cold, wet, etc. Spend it where we need it. I like Rausch's doubling of restrooms and beer vendors. You miss less of the live action that way.Real fans don't go to superbowls. It's sad but it's true, and the roof is the only way we're ever getting one. That's reality, like it or not.

ChiefsFanatic
03-16-2006, 12:19 AM

It would be stupid to make everybody sit in the rain and cold when you can cover the stadium. Sure it would still be sloppy and a bit cold, but the roof would block most of the wind and keep everybody from being rained on all game.

I would be pissed if I went to a game and it started to rain, and they did not roll the roof over.

Guru
03-16-2006, 12:21 AM

I wouldn't want the roof on a windy day. Imagine the wind tunnel effect then.

ChiefsFanatic
03-16-2006, 12:21 AM

I hope I can still qualify as a real fan, because I like to avoid freezing weather [froze my butt of in 95] or really wet weather [nearly drowned against Seattle]

Real fans also watch the games on T.V.

mcan
03-16-2006, 12:23 AM
If not passing the bill gets the Chiefs over to Kansas and gets the Royals downtown, then I'm all for it.

No, I'm not a keitzman parrot. But I think that something drastic has to be done to make the Royals a better team. Put that stadium someplace where people will just walk up and buy a ticket. Get more people through the gates, and the team will have more money to spend.

As for the Chiefs, it doesn't matter a bit to me where the stadium is, since we can all pretty much assume that the games are going to be selling out as long as the team is trying to stay competitive. A new stadium somewhere near Johnson County could mean a TON more revenue for the Chiefs, and higher season ticket sales.

Guru
03-16-2006, 12:24 AM
95 was nothing. 89 against the Chargers. The high was 3 that day. DAMN that was cooooold. Keep in mind, that was before the stadium was filled all the time.

Rausch
03-16-2006, 12:25 AM
OK. Some people are upset the CHIEFS are not putting in enough of their own money. It does not really matter who the Fu**ing man in charge is. The point is still the same.

The point is that if the County doesn't give the Chiefs what they want they'll get it somewhere else.

The time of playing hardball so you can meet in the middle is over. Play hardball now and you've got an empty stadium, with no team, that you still have to pay for...

luv
03-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Real fans don't go to superbowls. It's sad but it's true, and the roof is the only way we're ever getting one. That's reality, like it or not.
Got spend money to make money. I see.

Rausch
03-16-2006, 12:28 AM
95 was nothing.

I beg to differ.

I take it you didn't drive around in a car with no ****ing heater for 2 hours looking for a place to crash after Elliott (I hope he dies of ass cancer) missed the kick....

greg63
03-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Got spend money to make money. I see.

...Yeah; although I understand your original sentiment regarding "real fans".

mcan
03-16-2006, 12:31 AM
I beg to differ.

I take it you didn't drive around in a car with no ****ing heater for 2 hours looking for a place to crash after Elliott (I hope he dies of ass cancer) missed the kick....

I wasn't really driving around KC much then. I was 16 in January of '96. But that 2000 game against Buffalo was freaking insanely cold. If roofing the stadium and putting some space heaters around could make people more comfortable, then they need to do that.

greg63
03-16-2006, 12:35 AM
Don't you mean a WAAAA OUT?

Exactly!

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2006, 12:36 AM
I was 16 in January of '96.you are old

luv
03-16-2006, 12:37 AM
you are old
I was 19. What does that make me?

Rausch
03-16-2006, 12:38 AM
you are old

You are beginning to draw my ire...

Guru
03-16-2006, 12:39 AM
I beg to differ.

OK, I will give ya that. At least I didn't have to walk out of my game depressed out of my mind. Damn you L. E. I will never waste my breath on your name. :cuss:

keg in kc
03-16-2006, 12:39 AM
You are beginning to draw my ire...But...you are old.

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2006, 12:41 AM
I was 19. What does that make me?I think we both know the answer to your query.

You are beginning to draw my ire...No I am not.

Rausch
03-16-2006, 12:43 AM
But...you are old.

And more irritable by the day...

keg in kc
03-16-2006, 12:44 AM
And more irritable by the day...I know what you mean.

Rausch
03-16-2006, 12:44 AM
No I am not.

Just because you aren't the cause doesn't mean you can't be the target...

luv
03-16-2006, 12:46 AM
And more irritable by the day...
Irritability has nothing to do with age. You're only 3 weeks older than me. That, or I get to blame my irritability on PMS, where you can't. :p

keg in kc
03-16-2006, 12:46 AM
I was going to make something totally nasty out of that, but I'll let it go.

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2006, 12:47 AM
Just because you aren't the cause doesn't mean you can't be the target...Accept this as a token of my "please-don't-murder-me-with-a-hammer," then:

keg in kc
That, or I get to blame my irritability on PMS, where you can't. Sure he can. Just because it's not his PMS doesn't mean it's not the root.

Rausch
I know what you mean.

Good, you can be my running mate...

keg in kc
Accept this as a token of my "please-don't-murder-me-with-a-hammer," then:Now I want to murder you with a claw hammer.

luv
03-16-2006, 12:48 AM
Accept this as a token of my "please-don't-murder-me-with-a-hammer," then:
Awwwwwwww......

That would work on me, but Rausch isn't as easily wooed.

Rausch
Accept this as a token of my "please-don't-murder-me-with-a-hammer," then:

I ****ing hate cats.

But since you knew my weapon of choice I'll grant you a pass...

keg in kc
Good, you can be my running mate...Nothing personal, but "mate" is never a word I want to associate with another dude.

Rausch
03-16-2006, 12:49 AM
Nothing personal, but "mate" is never a word I want to associate with another dude.

Don't bull$#it me, your options are limited right now.

Plus, you can bounce all the checks you want... :)

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2006, 12:50 AM
I ****ing hate cats.Uh oh.

But since you knew my weapon of choice I'll grant you a pass...Yay!

keg in kc
03-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Don't bull$#it me, your options are limited right nowIf my options are limited to "nothing" or "a dude" I'll be happily celibate.

Or at least celibate.

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Don't bull$#it me, your options are limited right now.

Plus, you can bounce all the checks you want... :)Wait a minute...

If my options are limited to "nothing" or "a dude" I'll be happily celibate.

Or at least celibate.So does this mean you don't want another date?

keg in kc
03-16-2006, 12:53 AM
So does this mean you don't want another date?Another? I can't even remember the last one I had.

How the f*ck did we get to here from a stadium discussion?

luv
03-16-2006, 12:54 AM
Another? I can't even remember the last one I had.
He got you that drunk?

keg in kc
He got you that drunk?I haven't had a drink in over a month now. Hard to believe, I know.

Ultra Peanut
Zie Germans are a crafty bunch.

Rausch
03-16-2006, 12:55 AM
If my options are limited to "nothing" or "a dude" I'll be happily celibate.

I'd be very unhappily celibate, but celibate all the same...

keg in kc
03-16-2006, 12:56 AM
I'd be very unhappily celibate, but celibate all the same...Well, I'm not exactly chipper, you know.

luv
I'd be very unhappily celibate, but celibate all the same...
Ya got two hands...

Ultra Peanut
Well, I'm not exactly chipper, you know.So we should call you Larry, instead?

Rausch
03-16-2006, 12:57 AM
Zie Germans are a crafty bunch.

To be honest I'm about sick enough with those ****heads to list my heritage as a footnote...

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2006, 12:57 AM
Ya got two hands...And a top hat and cane and a pocket full of miracles, pocket full of miracles, pocket full of miracles...

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2006, 12:58 AM
To be honest I'm about sick enough with those ****heads to list my heritage as a footnote...Breaking out of character for but a mere moment, may I ask... what?

keg in kc
03-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Ya got two hands...So many directions one could take that observation.

Rausch
03-16-2006, 01:00 AM
Well, I'm not exactly chipper, you know.

For those who're new, I'm not exactly all candy and clowns....

Rausch
03-16-2006, 01:00 AM
Breaking out of character for but a mere moment, may I ask... what?

Ze Germanz...

keg in kc
03-16-2006, 01:01 AM
For those who're new, I'm not exactly all candy and clowns....Puhleeze, you're sugar and spice and little white mice.

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2006, 01:01 AM
For those who're new, I'm not exactly all candy and clowns....No way.

luv
03-16-2006, 01:02 AM
So many directions one could take that observation.
Usually two, but then again, I'm not as experienced as one might think.

Rausch
03-16-2006, 01:06 AM
Usually two, but then again, I'm not as experienced as one might think.

Good, because I'm not very charming...

Rausch
03-16-2006, 01:07 AM
Like a helpless, metallic Bambi. (They're hurting it. )

I see weaponization capabilities...

keg in kc
03-16-2006, 01:08 AM
Good, because I'm not very charming...Neither am I, but you don't have to be charming when you have an 8-inch...

luv
03-16-2006, 01:09 AM
Neither am I, but you don't have to be charming when you have an 8-inch...
wrench?

DaWolf
03-16-2006, 03:32 AM
Someone may have already mentioned this, but I remember Carl saying that as long as he is the GM here, they will never use the roof during the season, he likes and wants the elements...

Guru
03-16-2006, 04:57 AM
Someone may have already mentioned this, but I remember Carl saying that as long as he is the GM here, they will never use the roof during the season, he likes and wants the elements...

YEAH I pointed that out earlier but it bared mentioning again.

Inspector
03-16-2006, 06:26 AM
I'm voting for it.

I want to see the new stuff, the roof, better nachos, whatever we can get.

I gotta hand over all my $$ for taxes anyway, might as well direct some for my team. Or whatever it actually gets used for.

It will also make a cool(er) looking landmark for those driving through KC via I-70.

And while many may not agree with this, I think somehow, some way, passing this tax will lead us all to more pie. Delicious pie. Maybe with ice cream.

I can't wait to vote.

King_Chief_Fan
03-16-2006, 06:35 AM
You tight asses in Jackson County better not let this die.

Say good bye to the revenue Jackson County currently receives from staduim sales and see how that helps your infrastructure.

Say good bye to the LA Chiefs.

Brock
03-16-2006, 06:49 AM

Say good bye to the revenue Jackson County currently receives from staduim sales and see how that helps your infrastructure.

We've got the perfect place for a stadium right over here.

Sandyskc
03-16-2006, 07:26 AM
There is no Plan B. The county has been in default of the leases for at least 3 years and if this does not pass, the teams are free to leave. Both teams say they will not negotiate another lease.

It is up to the voters in Jackson County to keep the teams here.

htismaqe
03-16-2006, 07:31 AM
I think the Chiefs will take a look at the KS side if it doesn't pass.

Honestly, I'm sick of the whole thing.

Driving back from Sioux Falls on Tuesday with all the free agency stuff going on and 610 wasn't coming in very well.

Keitzman was, of course, bitching about a downtown baseball stadium.

ChiefsFanatic
03-16-2006, 07:40 AM
The point is that if the County doesn't give the Chiefs what they want they'll get it somewhere else.

The time of playing hardball so you can meet in the middle is over. Play hardball now and you've got an empty stadium, with no team, that you still have to pay for...

I agree. How many times did Modell ask for a new stadium? But as soon as the Browns were gone, all those fans voted for new stadium funding right off the bat. Not to mention business owners.

htismaqe
03-16-2006, 07:48 AM
I agree. How many times did Modell ask for a new stadium? But as soon as the Browns were gone, all those fans voted for new stadium funding right off the bat. Not to mention business owners.

Yeah, and if people think the Chiefs suck on the field now, wait until we're in the Browns' situation...

FAX
03-16-2006, 07:50 AM
What's the bottom line on the referendum?

What would it cost the average taxpayer in real dollars?

FAX

ChiefsFanatic
03-16-2006, 07:55 AM
What's the bottom line on the referendum?

What would it cost the average taxpayer in real dollars?

FAX

I read somewhere that perhaps $40 per person per year. That may have been Bi-state 2 though.

Whatever the number, I bet noone would ever notice the difference.

Sandyskc
03-16-2006, 08:23 PM
The numbers I saw were about $75 per year for a family of 4.

Halfcan
03-16-2006, 08:35 PM

Tight asses? I don't think it is a money issue-its more of a-lets see a real plan with real numbers-not guesses. Any good projest should start with a budget-but where is it on this 500 to 800 million dollar fiasco??

I don't think it looks very good to pass.

Logical
03-16-2006, 08:51 PM
My guess is Wyandotte or Johnson county. Not really all that bad. Though San Antonio could make a big push. A new stadium in LA is probably more remote than this passing in Jackson county.

Logical
03-16-2006, 09:19 PM
If not passing the bill gets the Chiefs over to Kansas and gets the Royals downtown, then I'm all for it.

No, I'm not a keitzman parrot. But I think that something drastic has to be done to make the Royals a better team. Put that stadium someplace where people will just walk up and buy a ticket. Get more people through the gates, and the team will have more money to spend.

As for the Chiefs, it doesn't matter a bit to me where the stadium is, since we can all pretty much assume that the games are going to be selling out as long as the team is trying to stay competitive. A new stadium somewhere near Johnson County could mean a TON more revenue for the Chiefs, and higher season ticket sales.You do realize that less than 1/10 of the people that actually live in KC and go to games would live or work within walk up distance of the stadium. I am not sure where that idea came from?

BigRedChief
03-16-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm voting for it and its going to pass.

Sandyskc
03-17-2006, 08:57 AM
How do you think Johnson or WY county are going to pay for a new stadium? Their taxes would go through the roof and they wouldn't pass it.

If this doesn't pass, the teams won't be in the area.

Brock
03-17-2006, 08:57 AM
How do you think Johnson or WY county are going to pay for a new stadium? Their taxes would go through the roof and they wouldn't pass it.

If this doesn't pass, the teams won't be in the area.

BS

Sandyskc
03-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Okay, let's just sit back and not pass it and wave bye-bye. Lots of cities would love to have them.

Brock
03-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Okay, let's just sit back and not pass it and wave bye-bye. Lots of cities would love to have them.

Drama much?

Halfcan
03-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Just got a new voter ID card-so I am ready to Vote Yes.

I think I might be the only one.

cookster50
03-23-2006, 06:21 PM
At first, I was NO, then I was I GUESS, now I'm back firmly in the HECK NO camp. This plan SUCKS for Jackson countians.

|Zach|
03-23-2006, 06:27 PM
These threads will be cute after the vote passes.

gblowfish
03-23-2006, 06:52 PM
What would be weird is if Question 1 Improvements comes in "no" and Question 2 Rolling Roof comes in "yes." Would they then be obligated to put a roof over an outhouse?

Halfcan
03-23-2006, 06:57 PM
At first, I was NO, then I was I GUESS, now I'm back firmly in the HECK NO camp. This plan SUCKS for Jackson countians.

I was having a steak at Lone Star last night, and folks around the bar were talking. Only 2 out of maybe 11 said they would even vote.

There you go, an "Official" poll.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Wyandotte County Chiefs.

Skip Towne
03-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Wyandotte County Chiefs.
They would change the name to the "Kansas Chiefs" just to rub it in. Has a nice ring to it.

JBucc
03-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Has a nice ring to it.No it doesn't.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2006, 07:56 PM
IF the stadium vote fails, I want them to move to wyandotte county, near the Village West area.

Sandyskc
03-23-2006, 09:40 PM
What would be weird is if Question 1 Improvements comes in "no" and Question 2 Rolling Roof comes in "yes." Would they then be obligated to put a roof over an outhouse?

The wording in question two says it is null and void if question 1 does not pass. So, sorry, no roof over the "outhouse".