PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Hall

Big Chief Homer
03-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Has agreed to 1 year deal with the Chiefs,per NFL network.No details yet available.

I had'nt seen this posted yet,sorry if repost.

I for one am happy with this.He seemed alright in his limited play last year.Hopefully he can stay healthy and turn it up a notch.

Now get T-rich signed!!!!

morphius
03-16-2006, 08:32 AM
I hope the dude can stay healthy, he actually made some plays when he was on the field. Though he did seem to do better as a fill in guy then he did when he was out there for every down. Of course that happened so rarely, its hard to really judge.

SLAG
03-16-2006, 08:35 AM
Who's Carlos Hall?

BigChiefFan
03-16-2006, 08:46 AM
He's got some pass-rushing abilities, but the one year signing leads me to believe we are targeting a DE in the draft.

ct
03-16-2006, 08:49 AM
So long as he was on the cheap, I'm good with this. But we need so much more than this.

SLAG
03-16-2006, 09:02 AM
He's got some pass-rushing abilities, but the one year signing leads me to believe we are targeting a DE in the draft.

I disagree- DE is a Postition we have good depth at.

Hicks, Allan, Hall, Wilkerson

seems like a good rotation to me

Rooster
03-16-2006, 09:12 AM
A good signing IMO. He showed flashes last year even though he was hurt most of the time. I would like to see him healthy all year.

Cormac
03-16-2006, 10:10 AM
I disagree- DE is a Postition we have good depth at.

Hicks, Allan, Hall, Wilkerson

seems like a good rotation to me

That puts you in the minority, I'd say ;)

Allen is worth keeping around long term. Hall is a good signing to see if he can stay healthy as a role player for a year. Hicks would only start on about 5 NFL teams (including ours), and Wilkerson is a back-up on a horrible line until proven otherwise. A probowl DE added to our roster would make a bigger difference to our squad than a player at any other position, IMO.

jspchief
03-16-2006, 10:13 AM
If Hall could stay healthy, I really believe our DE situation would be greatly improved.

Unfortunately, that's a big if.

Dunit35
03-16-2006, 10:15 AM
I am glad they re-signed him. I really liked what he brought on the field. If he could just stay healthy I believe he could do some damage out there.

Idahored
03-16-2006, 10:20 AM
That puts you in the minority, I'd say ;)

Allen is worth keeping around long term. Hall is a good signing to see if he can stay healthy as a role player for a year. Hicks would only start on about 5 NFL teams (including ours), and Wilkerson is a back-up on a horrible line until proven otherwise. A probowl DE added to our roster would make a bigger difference to our squad than a player at any other position, IMO.

While I would like another DE to complement Allen on the other side, I think we need a DT more. I think if we can get a better inside push, the DE's we have will get more sacks.

Seek
03-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Hall is a situational DE. He is best suited as a 3rd down DE. Which they did a bunch last year when he was actually healthy. They moved Allen over to replace Hicks and plopped in Hall. We got more pressure on the QB when they were both in.

Cormac
03-16-2006, 10:44 AM
While I would like another DE to complement Allen on the other side, I think we need a DT more. I think if we can get a better inside push, the DE's we have will get more sacks.

That's true too, but it would work both ways. I'm just sceptical about our ability to draft/sign a DT given our recent past efforts: Downing, Freeman, Sims, Dalton, Siavii....:Lin:

My dream is that we draft or sign a replacement for Hicks that commands a double team once or twice a season.

MOhillbilly
03-16-2006, 10:53 AM
i hope he beats out Hicks. Hall showed some signs of life in his limited play last year.

morphius
03-16-2006, 11:04 AM
i hope he beats out Hicks. Hall showed some signs of life in his limited play last year.
I keep hoping that someone will beat out Hicks, anyone! Guy gets paid a lot for 1.5 good games a year (at most)