PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs | Team re-signs Huard

Vegas_Dave
03-16-2006, 04:51 PM
<A name=297536>Chiefs | Huard agrees to terms
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:31:39 -0800
The Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) have announced the team has agreed to terms with free agent QB Damon Huard (http://www.kffl.com/player/1182/nfl) (Chiefs) on a one-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

<A name=297512>Chiefs | Team re-signs Huard
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:02:37 -0800
Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star (http://www.kffl.com/link/142), reports the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) have re-signed free agent QB Damon Huard (http://www.kffl.com/player/1182/nfl) (Chiefs) to a one-year contract worth approximately $750,000. Huard will temporarily hold the No. 2 quarterback role.

Jump for joy! :shake:

KCChiefsMan
03-16-2006, 04:54 PM
thank GOD :rolleyes:

Sully
03-16-2006, 05:04 PM
And you thought Peterson would sit on his hands during free agency.

58-4ever
03-16-2006, 05:06 PM
I'll be the first to say it "Print the Superbowl Tickets!"

Mr. Laz
03-16-2006, 05:07 PM
booooooooo

signing a crappy player for cheap is still just signing a crappy player

Logical
03-16-2006, 05:08 PM
Oh boy that is quite the relief.

penguinz
03-16-2006, 05:11 PM
We are going to the ****ing Superbowl!

StcChief
03-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Turd....I guess he has experience in the offense.

Short Leash Hootie
03-16-2006, 05:13 PM
(Insert random sarcastic remark about the Chiefs super bowl chances increasing because of this signing here)

Coach
03-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Bah, horrible signing. I would had likely trade my 3rd or 4th round pick to the Redskins for Ramsey, who I would have alot more confidence than Huard. Or Harrington. Either way, both of them are better than Huard anyways.

What a f**king joke this signing is, even for a one year. That $750k would've been better spent helping renovate Arrowhead anways.

Short Leash Hootie
03-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Bah, horrible signing. I would had likely trade my 3rd or 4th round pick to the Redskins for Ramsey, who I would have alot more confidence than Huard.

What a f**king joke this signing is, even for a one year.
good idea, trade a potential Jared Allen for a backup QB that won't see any playing time for the next two years, if ever. Trent has started 80 straight games, Todd Collins has been our backup. Collins isn't anymore capable than Huard. Either way, it doesn't matter. Green isn't injury prone.

BigChiefFan
03-16-2006, 05:16 PM
I think this is clearly a great trade-off for a $500 million revamp, don't you?

Mr. Laz
03-16-2006, 05:17 PM
I think this is clearly a great trade-off for a $500 million revamp, don't you?
ROFL ROFL

Coach
03-16-2006, 05:17 PM
good idea, trade a potential Jared Allen for a backup QB that won't see any playing time for the next two years, if ever. Trent has started 80 straight games, Todd Collins has been our backup. Collins isn't anymore capable than Huard. Either way, it doesn't matter. Green isn't injury prone.

I understand that, but if Green gets hurt (knock on wood) and Huard is in, we're f**ked.

Short Leash Hootie
03-16-2006, 05:19 PM
I understand that, but if Green gets hurt (knock on wood) and Huard is in, we're f**ked.
Same with Todd Collins. He can't even throw the ball. Either way, we'd be ****ed. Then insert a guy (Ramsey) who doesn't know our system, we're still ****ed.

We do have LJ though.

Mr. Laz
03-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Same with Todd Collins. He can't even throw the ball. Either way, we'd be ****ed. Then insert a guy (Ramsey) who doesn't know our system, we're still ****ed.

We do have LJ though.
that is totally wrong ... Collins isn't great, but he's capable.

*insert harsh skip remark about n00bs here*

Coach
03-16-2006, 05:22 PM

We do have LJ though.

Fair enough. What I was trying to explain was that I would had liked to grab a younger guy in either Ramsey or Harrington, who both are young, and still has some upside, than Huard, who is going downhill in his career.

Yep, thank goodness for LJ. :)

chiefsfaninNC
03-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Bah, horrible signing. I would had likely trade my 3rd or 4th round pick to the Redskins for Ramsey, who I would have alot more confidence than Huard. Or Harrington. Either way, both of them are better than Huard anyways.

What a f**king joke this signing is, even for a one year. That $750k would've been better spent helping renovate Arrowhead anways.

Huard was the safe bet. At least he is familiar with the offense in case Trent goes down in the preseason. Have you seen Harrington or Ramsey play? I have an 8 year old that is probably better than both. Let's see what happens in the draft or later in FA. Good move IMO. Just because we sign him now doesn't mean he makes the team.

Short Leash Hootie
03-16-2006, 05:23 PM
that is totally wrong ... Collins isn't great, but he's capable.

*insert harsh skip remark about n00bs here*
Well, apparently you haven't seen him throw the ball. He has a terrible release, and no zip.

Huard and Collins have similar success in the NFL, anyways...

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_NFL_career.asp?sport=NFL&leaguenum=&id=2149

penguinz
03-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Well, apparently you haven't seen him throw the ball. He has a terrible release, and no zip.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_NFL_career.asp?sport=NFL&leaguenum=&id=2149
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/8961/ddj_c008.gif

Short Leash Hootie
03-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Fair enough. What I was trying to explain was that I would had liked to grab a younger guy in either Ramsey or Harrington, who both are young, and still has some upside, than Huard, who is going downhill in his career.

Yep, thank goodness for LJ. :)
I wouldn't mind grabbing a QB for the future, because I don't think Printers will pan out.

However, being the optimist that I am, I realize how close we really are. A lot of you don't see that, which is fine, but if LJ had been the #1 back all year long, and if Roaf didn't get hurt, we would've won 13 games, I have no doubt about it.

Right now we're getting a year older, which isn't great, but we essentially have the same team, with a defensive minded coach, so let's focus on areas of need rather than looking to the future, we still have one more year to make this work.

I don't think negatively until we start out 0-3...

penguinz
03-16-2006, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't mind grabbing a QB for the future, because I don't think Printers will pan out.

However, being the optimist that I am, I realize how close we really are. A lot of you don't see that, which is fine, but if LJ had been the #1 back all year long, and if Roaf didn't get hurt, we would've won 13 games, I have no doubt about it.

Right now we're getting a year older, which isn't great, but we essentially have the same team, with a defensive minded coach, so let's focus on areas of need rather than looking to the future, we still have one more year to make this work.

I don't think negatively until we start out 0-3...
http://www.extinctcollectibles.com/cj-beetlebailey.jpg

SNR
03-16-2006, 05:30 PM
The man is finally gone from our team and the Collins haters still never miss a beat. Pathetic, guys.

Short Leash Hootie
03-16-2006, 05:31 PM
You know, if this was actually funny, we'd all be laughing.

Google images is the best way to mock a person online, if you know what you're doing.

Apparently, you just don't.

That's ok though, let's see another. I'd like to feel like I was in 2001 again for a few more posts.

Mr. Laz
03-16-2006, 05:34 PM

i've watched every snap of every chiefs game for as long as i can remeber.

you can see collins getting better in the offense the more game time he gets. His arm isn't the greatest ... but neither is Trents.

Collins > Huard

(Gawd, even saying the name Huard makes me wanna puke :Lin: )

morphius
03-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Huard doesn't offer anything to the team other then he once started, which I guess is Carl's only requirement. The lucky thing is its only one year, I just hope they give some younger, or more mobile guys a chance to take his spot. You put Huard into a lead role if Green goes down, and you might as well just rest the other starters.

Worthless.

Sure-Oz
03-16-2006, 06:10 PM
I seriously hope Casey Printers is better than Huard, cause i can't stand watching that dude play.

Cave Johnson
03-16-2006, 06:57 PM

The Skins are asking for a 4th. Their QB situation gives them exceedingly little leverage, so a 5th or 6th (probably 5th in 2006, 6th in 2007) is more realistic.

Watching Huard is just painful. He's certainly being paid like a guy competing for the 3rd spot, so hopefully CP's plan is to bring in a real backup.

KChiefs1
11-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Huard only has a one year contract?????

Dammit Carl!:cuss:

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 11:30 PM
i've watched every snap of every chiefs game for as long as i can remeber.

you can see collins getting better in the offense the more game time he gets. His arm isn't the greatest ... but neither is Trents.

Collins > Huard

(Gawd, even saying the name Huard makes me wanna puke :Lin: )

Does the name Huard still want to make you puke????-lol

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 11:31 PM
I seriously hope Casey Printers is better than Huard, cause i can't stand watching that dude play.

Me neither that ONE INT he tossed really sucks!!! :rolleyes:

DaFace
11-07-2006, 11:33 PM
This is disappointing. I thought this was a thread about us actually extending his contract.

noa
11-07-2006, 11:34 PM
:banghead: when i saw this thread, i thought carl had pulled off a masterful move by re-signing huard before his value goes through the roof by leading us to the super bowl. thanks for bumping this.

Pitt Gorilla
11-07-2006, 11:37 PM

What a f**king joke this signing is, even for a one year. That $750k would've been better spent helping renovate Arrowhead anways.Great stuff.

TinyEvel
11-07-2006, 11:39 PM
It's pretty much a given that if (when) Trent comes back and he is as good as he was, we should be able to profit from Huard by trading him for a #1-ish WR or OT.

Possible? WWHD?

Dunit35
11-07-2006, 11:39 PM
hahaha...old threads kick major ass.

noa
11-07-2006, 11:42 PM
It's pretty much a given that if (when) Trent comes back and he is as good as he was, we should be able to profit from Huard by trading him for a #1-ish WR or OT.

Possible? WWHD?

No, he's a free agent and the trade deadline passed. Our only option would be to sign-and-trade, and I don't think that's very likely.

cdcox
11-07-2006, 11:42 PM

Possible? WWHD?

He becomes a free agent at the end of the season. We won't be able to get anything for him in trade.

TinyEvel
11-07-2006, 11:47 PM
That blows. That dude should be like currency to us.

stevieray
11-07-2006, 11:51 PM

irony.

stevieray
11-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Huard doesn't offer anything to the team other then he once started, which I guess is Carl's only requirement. The lucky thing is its only one year, I just hope they give some younger, or more mobile guys a chance to take his spot. You put Huard into a lead role if Green goes down, and you might as well just rest the other starters.

Worthless.

:)

in reality, it just goes to show why the game is so great..it's totally unpredictable.

Guru
11-07-2006, 11:54 PM

Worthless.

Damn Morph. :shake:

Cochise
11-08-2006, 12:07 AM
irony.

Ooh, that's gonna leave a mark!

keg in kc
11-08-2006, 12:09 AM
I love it when people play this retarded game. Like we all aren't wrong sometimes. Or more often than we're right.

Thig Lyfe
11-08-2006, 12:24 AM
This is disappointing. I thought this was a thread about us actually extending his contract.

hahahaha... same here

greg63
11-08-2006, 12:25 AM
Gee I can't imagine why this thread was bumped. :rolleyes: :D

thurman merman
11-08-2006, 12:48 AM

me too :deevee:

RedThat
11-08-2006, 01:40 AM
I love this thread. It's great!!!

ct
11-08-2006, 09:33 AM
I never chimed into this thread, but if I had, would have said something like "Just great, re-sign this bum, and keep our rookie buried on the depth chart. Oh well, if Trent goes down we're screwed anyway." Wow how wrong we all were about Huard!!

chiefsfan1963
11-08-2006, 09:37 AM
why so low a dollar amount? You would think he could get more in the open market.

morphius
11-08-2006, 09:40 AM
:)

in reality, it just goes to show why the game is so great..it's totally unpredictable.
Hey, nobody is more happy to be so damn wrong. LOL

chiefqueen
11-08-2006, 09:41 AM
neg rep

Mr. Laz
11-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Does the name Huard still want to make you puke????-lol
not so much....

:D

Short Leash Hootie
11-08-2006, 11:02 AM
at least I was awesome in this thread

Vegas_Dave
11-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Jump for joy! :shake:

you know, that smiley face was supposed to be this one: :)

morphius
11-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Damn Morph. :shake:
Hey, even this preseason after my statement he looked absolutely terrible and most people said he looked lousy in TC as well. Obviously he is a "real" game time QB.

greg63
11-10-2006, 01:06 AM
Hey, nobody is more happy to be so damn wrong. LOL

Ditto!

Guru
11-10-2006, 01:08 AM
Geez this is like the Ty Law threads all over again. Will it ever stop?

greg63
11-10-2006, 01:51 AM
Geez this is like the Ty Law threads all over again. Will it ever stop?

Do ya want I should consult my 8 ball?? :D

Coach
11-10-2006, 01:53 AM

ROFL

Man, I was wrong. $750K well spent.

Immaculate
11-10-2006, 02:03 AM
Good deal.

Coach
11-10-2006, 02:21 AM
Great stuff.

Heh. Karma came back and bit me in the ass. :p

ChiefFan31
11-10-2006, 02:39 AM
Good Stuff. The old thread Bump.

I will readily admit to not being excited at all about Damon Huard as our backup.

Coach
11-10-2006, 04:21 AM
Here's another question.

Hypothecially speaking, if Green gets the starter job back and perform as the Trent Green we know and love, will Damon stay put with a nice pay-raise to be the back-up again?

From a fan's standpoint, the Chiefs don't have to worry about the back-up position, and that gives Croyle another year or two to bulk up and learn more of the Chiefs playbook.

Or does Damon try to test the Free Agent market in hopes of landing a starting job?

Guru
11-10-2006, 04:24 AM
Here's another question.

Hypothecially speaking, if Green gets the starter job back and perform as the Trent Green we know and love, will Damon stay put with a nice pay-raise to be the back-up again?

From a fan's standpoint, the Chiefs don't have to worry about the back-up position, and that gives Croyle another year or two to bulk up and learn more of the Chiefs playbook.

Or does Damon try to test the Free Agent market in hopes of landing a starting job?

I think the Raiders will be looking for a starter.

greg63
11-10-2006, 04:28 PM

Yep!

ct
11-10-2006, 04:40 PM

And then, of course, he'll be a bum again.

Hoover
11-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Just wait and see. Trent green will go down in the 3rd Quarter of the Chiefs opeaner vs the Bengals. He will be trying to make some extra yards and get hit hard leaving him with a major concusion. Haurd will not look good during the rest of the game, and Herm will have a tight leash on him in Denver, but after that, I think he will really devlope into a solid QB with a passer rating of over 100, and throw 11 TD to only 1 int, leading the Chiefs to a 5-3 record at the mid point of the season.

Hmm, like always I'm right again...
:) :)

Ultra Peanut
11-10-2006, 06:55 PM
You ****ers got my hopes up.