PDA

View Full Version : TO to sign w/ Cowboys

Archie F. Swin
03-16-2006, 09:52 PM
from KLBK CBS 13 Lubbock
Terrell Owens To Sign With Cowboys
( Air Date: 3/16/2006 )
Sources within the Dallas Cowboys have told the KLBK-13 Sports Department that the Cowboys have signed wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Terms of his contract have not been disclosed.

The Cowboys plan to announce the signing of Owens officially in a press conference on Monday.

Owens was ran out of Philadelphia after bad-mouthing the Eagles organization and quarterback Donovan McNabb last season. Owens is also remembered for taunting the Dallas Cowboys and its fans on the "Texas Stadium Star" while he was a member of the San Francisco 49ers a few years ago.

Owens enters his 11th season in the NFL, and will play on his third
team in four years.

Taco John
03-16-2006, 09:57 PM
This news is false:

A report out of a CBS affliate in Lubbock, Tex. indicated Thursday that the Dallas Cowboys have signed unrestricted free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens.

TheRanchReport.com has now confirmed that report is false.

According to two sources close to Owens, he has not yet signed a contract of any kind with the Dallas Cowboys.

That does not mean he will not sign with Dallas at a future date. However, at this time, TheRanchReport.com has confirmed the report is indeed false.

Owens has been rumored to land in Dallas for weeks, however after his release from the Eagles on Wednesday, that speculation has only increased. The Cowboys then added fuel to the fire when they released wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson the same day.

However, as of Thursday evening, Terrell Owens has not yet signed a contract with the Dallas Cowboys.

http://cowboys.scout.com/2/509596.html

keg in kc
03-16-2006, 09:57 PM
After McNabb, sharing the field with Bledsoe, Tony Romo and Drew Henson would be an absolute hoot for "Mr. Team".

Jake the Fake and Bradlee Van Pelt would be a dream, too, I'm sure.

Bwana
03-16-2006, 09:59 PM
I sure hope so.

dr00d
03-16-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm not a TO fan, but I'd sure be curious to see how things would work out with an actually reciever that is better than DivII level.

John_Wayne
03-16-2006, 10:13 PM
T.O. and Parcells??!!! Boy, if that does happen, it'll be FUN to watch.

nychief
03-16-2006, 10:16 PM
I want TO to go there just so I can watch all the stupid cowboy fans do an aboutface on him. Fairweather ****ers.

Ceej
03-16-2006, 10:38 PM
I wonder if Dallas fans could warm up to him since he disgraced the Cowboy logo in midfield a few years back.

elvomito
03-16-2006, 10:40 PM
TO would probably do it just to have 2 chances a year to shit on his former team

Basileus777
03-16-2006, 10:45 PM
TO would probably do it just to have 2 chances a year to shit on his former team

Hopefully he goes over the middle and Dawkins breaks him in half.

stevieray
03-16-2006, 10:53 PM
The only thing relevant in this article is third team in four years.

chefsos
03-16-2006, 11:19 PM
The only thing relevant in this article is third team in four years.
Fourth, if you count all his minutes of service time with Baltimore.

booger
03-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Cowboys | Report - Owens agrees to three-year deal with Dallas
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:55:47 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, free agent WR Terrell Owens' (Eagles) agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has denied a report from KLBK-13 CBS TV in Lubbock, Texas, that Owens has agreed to a deal with the Dallas Cowboys. While Rosenhaus is denying the report, a source close to Owens has confirmed to FOXSports.com that Owens has agreed to a three-year deal and it will not be announced until the coming days.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5420122

Count Alex's Losses
03-16-2006, 11:40 PM
A three-year deal...WITH THE CHIEFS? :hmmm:

chefsos
03-16-2006, 11:43 PM
As long as we don't have to try to stop him twice, or even once, next season, I'm fine with it. Dallas does play Indy and Jax, too. Never too soon to think Wild Card race.

BigRock
03-17-2006, 12:07 AM
This news is false:

http://cowboys.scout.com/2/509596.html
Just FYI, this guy is now saying it's true.

Munson
03-17-2006, 12:18 AM
I'm listening to the radio on 610 and JT the Brick reported that Jay Glazer has two sources saying TO signed a 3 year deal with the Cowboys. I'm not too disappointed because I never thought that KC was seriously going to sign him. I'm just glad that he won't be with Denver.

Guru
03-17-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm listening to the radio on 610 and JT the Brick reported that Jay Glazer has two sources saying TO signed a 3 year deal with the Cowboys. I'm not too disappointed because I never thought that KC was seriously going to sign him. I'm just glad that he won't be with Denver.

Guess they won't mind him running out to the center of the star after he scores a TD now. :shake:

BIG K
03-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Guess they won't mind him running out to the center of the star after he scores a TD now. :shake:

If this is indeed true, we can chalk this up as a Win/Win for KC....