PDA

View Full Version : Mercury News/Detroit Free Press: Harrington to KC?

booger
03-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Why Harrington will leave the Lions
BY NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA
Detroit Free Press

DETROIT - Here is what I know about the Joey Harrington situation and my best guess about certain things, based on public information and conversations with sources:

What I know: Harrington expressed mixed feelings about returning to the Lions late last season. He expressed them again after the season. On one hand, he wanted to finish what he started in Detroit. On the other, he wanted a fresh start somewhere else.

He spent some time at his vacation home in central Oregon - leaving his cell phone off, reading a bunch of books - trying to clear his head. He spent some time working out in Newport Beach, Calif., where his agent, David Dunn, is based.

My best guess: As painful as it was, Harrington could handle the losing, the booing and the criticism. It all comes with the territory when you're an NFL quarterback, and he understands that.

But when cornerback Dre' Bly blamed him for the firing of coach Steve Mariucci, that, on top of everything else, was too much. He felt betrayed.

And when he left Detroit physically, he started to leave Detroit mentally, too.

What I know: Team president Matt Millen and coach Rod Marinelli met with a small group of reporters Feb. 21. Millen said the Lions were approaching the off-season with Harrington as their starting quarterback, and Marinelli agreed.

Offensive coordinator Mike Martz called Harrington later that day. Martz said he told Harrington that he knew Harrington was going to be a good player, and it was Martz's job to get him there.

Harrington appreciated the support, but he was caught off-guard because he wasn't expecting it. He wasn't sure what to think.
My best guess: Millen and the coaches meant what they said. They wouldn't have been so public about it if they hadn't.

Millen believed in Harrington and expected him to be the starter. Marinelli wanted to see Harrington on the field - and see who else he had and how they compared - before making a definitive statement, but he thought Harrington had a lot of potential and he trusted Martz. Martz liked Harrington's physical ability and thought he could make something of that talent.

But it was too late. The damage was done. Millen hired new coaches, and the coaches were giving Harrington a clean slate. But Millen still had many of the same players - Bly among them - and Harrington doubted he would get a clean slate from them.

What I know: Harrington attended Martz's quarterback school at Lions headquarters last week, and it didn't go well. He wasn't uncooperative. He didn't clash with Martz.
There was some tension in the room. It was apparent Harrington was uncomfortable and that he and Martz weren't clicking. But to say more is an exaggeration.

Harrington came to realize it just wasn't going to work in Detroit. He expressed those feelings, and the Lions agreed to figure something out. Harrington went to Southeast Asia for vacation willing to give up millions of dollars and a chance to enter training camp as the starter.

My best guess: Harrington came to QB school with the intention to at least see if he could give it another shot. He wouldn't have flown across the country otherwise. He has never acted like a brat.

But when he walked into the building, when he got back into his old, poisonous environment, he had a moment of clarity. He was unenthusiastic at QB school.

Millen and Harrington have almost a father-son relationship. They had another long talk, and they agreed to do what was best for both parties. Harrington left his future up to the Lions and empowered his agent to do whatever needed to be done, including the renegotiation of his contract. The Lions might have given Harrington's agent permission to talk to other teams.

What I know: The Lions have denied requests to interview Millen, Marinelli and Martz. They didn't make anyone available to the media Friday, even though Josh McCown signed his contract.

My best guess: The Lions don't want anyone talking about anything until the Harrington situation is resolved. That will be done this weekend, McCown and Jon Kitna will be introduced together Monday.

Millen genuinely wants what's best for Harrington, and the best place for him is Kansas City. He can back up Trent Green. He can feel comfortable. Two of the Chiefs' coaches _quarterbacks coach Terry Shea and defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham - played at Oregon in the late 1960s. So did Harrington's dad, John.

I doubt the Lions will hold onto Harrington hoping to maximize his value on the trade market. It's not worth the distraction, constant questions and lingering ill will.

It's time to move on, for everyone.
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/14126289.htm

CoMoChief
03-17-2006, 09:58 PM
No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :banghead:

JBucc
03-17-2006, 09:59 PM
He doesn't have what it takes. Period. Or exclamation point whichever you prefer.

Fat Elvis
03-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Absolutely get this guy. He will flourish in KC once he gets a couple of years to learn the system behind Trent. Detroit is a pit and no one would do anything there.

DenverChief
03-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Absofrikinloutly I would take him he is a very good QB that has played behind a horrible Oline since he has been there any "real" football fan would know that

DenverChief
03-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Absolutely get this guy. He will flourish in KC once he gets a couple of years to learn the system behind Trent. Detroit is a pit and no one would do anything there.

:thumb:

jAZ
03-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Are you people crazy? I would love to have Joey as our #2.

siberian khatru
03-17-2006, 10:09 PM
FWIW, John Clayton on ESPN this evening was promoting the Chiefs as Harrington's No. 1 destination.

booger
03-17-2006, 10:12 PM
FWIW, John Clayton on ESPN this evening was promoting the Chiefs as Harrington's No. 1 destination.

Anything on if we will trade for him ( hopefully not ) or if he is going to get outright released?

Phobia
03-17-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm posting this link with no apologies - it contains the unbiased opinion of a dozen or more Lions fans regarding Harrington. It's on Warpaint.

If this link offends you, feel free to cry loudly. It should make for another exciting thread. Otherwise, enjoy a unique view through the eyes of the fans who know Harrington best.

http://mb14.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=9795.topic

siberian khatru
03-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Anything on if we will trade for him ( hopefully not ) or if he is going to get outright released?

Said we wouldn't take his $12 M contract (obviously). Said Harrington and the Chiefs would have to work out a new contract. He didn't say what the price of the trade would be.

booger
03-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Said we wouldn't take his $12 M contract (obviously). Said Harrington and the Chiefs would have to work out a new contract. He didn't say what the price of the trade would be.

Hopefully a conditional pick in the future. Or a 6th this year. We have two ( fujita trade ) and the jets/skins already set the market with ramsey.

Thanks for the info!

milkman
03-17-2006, 10:16 PM

So you wouldn't be willing to give up a 6th rounder for him?

Fat Elvis
03-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Barry Sanders left the Lions.

That is all you need to know about any football player in Detroit.

It even beats out Arizona as the anus of the NFL.

Valiant
03-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Would love to get him as a backup/qbotf guy...

Hopefully he we turn around here...

booger
03-17-2006, 10:18 PM
So you wouldn't be willing to give up a 6th rounder for him?

Yeah, that'd work.

It would be something and the Ramsey deal is a very comparable situation.

nychief
03-17-2006, 10:20 PM
I can't believe some people are bitching about not getting Ramsey and then bitching about the possibility of getting Harrington.

I am all for Harrington. If Trent were, god forbid, to go down - at least we won't have a wide eye rookie. I am also in favor of drafting a qb. Then cut the rest of the dead weight.

milkman
03-17-2006, 10:27 PM
I can't believe some people are bitching about not getting Ramsey and then bitching about the possibility of getting Harrington.

I am all for Harrington. If Trent were, god forbid, to go down - at least we won't have a wide eye rookie. I am also in favor of drafting a qb. Then cut the rest of the dead weight.

Or worse, Huard.

milkman
03-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Would love to get him as a backup/qbotf guy...

Hopefully he we turn around here...

As the Lions fans are saying, Harrington hasn't really had a chance to succeed in Detroit.

He has no protection, receivers that are inexperienced, or that can't stay healthy, poor playcalling, and no run support.

Give him a couple of years learning from Trent, put behind an O-Line, and he would have a very good chance to realize his potential.

Mr. Laz
we better not trade for him ..... detroit has made their decision already.

what is it that everyone said we the chiefs don't trade a player ... and just cut them???

'why should a team trade for a player that's about to be cut?"

nychief
Or worse, Huard.
http:///www2.jsonline.com/packer/image/2000/82100/dotson82100.jpg

booger
03-17-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm posting this link with no apologies - it contains the unbiased opinion of a dozen or more Lions fans regarding Harrington. It's on Warpaint.

If this link offends you, feel free to cry loudly. It should make for another exciting thread. Otherwise, enjoy a unique view through the eyes of the fans who know Harrington best.

http://mb14.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=9795.topic

As long as we are pimping other sites, I better credit Chiefscoalition where I found it. :)

BigChiefFan
03-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Harrington is still young and has starting experience. I think this would be a good move.

BIG K
03-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Give him a couple of years learning from Trent, put behind an O-Line, and he would have a very good chance to realize his potential.

I agree completely. Comparing his performance in Detroit with what he has to work with in K.C is not even close. I believe this guy can flourish with talent around him. I would love to see him as the #2 and have Printers or a drafted QB holding down the #3.

Phobia
03-17-2006, 10:38 PM
As long as we are pimping other sites, I better credit Chiefscoalition where I found it. :)

The thread I linked to has been linked to on multiple football boards around the internet. I think they like the wide variety of opinions on Harrington.

milkman
03-17-2006, 10:39 PM
nychief, all I see is a red x in a box.

The thought has occurred to me that is what I'm supposed to be seeing.

milkman
03-17-2006, 10:40 PM
we better not trade for him ..... detroit has made their decision already.

what is it that everyone said we the chiefs don't trade a player ... and just cut them???

'why should a team trade for a player that's about to be cut?"

If he hits the FA market, then we'll never see him in KC.

keg in kc
Risk/reward ratio would be favorable assuming he's as cheap as one would expect. I don't see a real downside. Sometimes you have to take a chance.

nychief
nychief, all I see is a red x in a box.

The thought has occurred to me that is what I'm supposed to be seeing.

i can see it, it is a photo of Huard getting jacked while with Dolphins...

I agree about DH, he has looked pretty bad.

booger
03-17-2006, 10:42 PM
The thread I linked to has been linked to on multiple football boards around the internet. I think they like the wide variety of opinions on Harrington.

I know. Just flippin you sh!t. I read through the thread at WPI and it was kinda cool to see opinions from the Lions fans. Quite a bit of positive feedback. It was a good read. :thumb:

BIG K
03-17-2006, 10:44 PM
i can see it, it is a photo of Huard getting jacked while with Dolphins...

I agree about DH, he has looked pretty bad.

I thought I read somewhere that DH has not thrown a pass in a game since 2000, is that right? If that's the case, the Chief's essentially replaced #2 Collins with, #2 Collins... JH is an immediate uprgade.

PastorMikH
03-17-2006, 11:52 PM
I think Harrington would be a good pickup for us. Barry Sanders is probably the only player that has EVER looked good in Detroit. A year or two behind Trent to re-build his confidence and Joey might be the QBOTF we are looking for.

Rausch
03-18-2006, 01:53 AM
He doesn't have what it takes. Period. Or exclamation point whichever you prefer.

Well, he's definitely no Huard...

Sure-Oz
03-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Harrington>pile of shit>Huard

Rausch
03-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Harrington>pile of shit>Huard

Exactly...

ct
03-18-2006, 09:28 AM
Joey has to own his share of this failure in Detriot, and sounds like he does. But this was a no-win situation, IMO. He needs a fresh start, and I feel could still be a quality NFL starter. He's worth a shot to backup Trent, and start his development over. Give him a solid O-Line and running game, and I really do believe he could succeed.

Go get em Carl!! He's worth a 6th, IMO.

NaptownChief
03-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Surely to gawd they aren't going to trade for him with that current contract....He would be no more than a pick up after being cut or a late round pick type of trade after re-working his contract. Not even Peterson is dumb enough to trade for him with that current contract.

Ralphy Boy
03-18-2006, 09:39 AM
I really don't see McCown as being better than Harrington althought I've always thought Ramsey would be the best of the bunch.

I was curious to see what the 3 young QB's #'s looked like, unfortunately I had to go back to 2004 on Ramsey.
#3 Joey Harrington | QB
YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
2005 DET 12 188 330 57.0 2021 6.1 12 86 12 72.0

#11 Patrick Ramsey | QB
2004 WAS 9 169 272 62.1 1665 6.1 10 51 11 74.8

#12 Josh McCown | QB
2005 ARI 9 163 270 60.4 1836 6.8 9 49 11 74.9

I don't think there's any question that McCown was throwing to the best receivers even though the receivers in Detroit have the most potential.

johnson&green
03-18-2006, 09:44 AM
No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :banghead:

Ya NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StcChief
03-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Would he be happy as clip board boy?

nychief
03-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Would he be happy as clip board boy?

he is not going to start anywhere in the NFL, cept Oaktown. Jesus that would be a suicide mission.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2006, 11:02 AM
If he hits the FA market, then we'll never see him in KC.

that's an indictment on our front office ... not on whether we should actually trade for Harriington.

i guess it also depends on Harrington's contract ...... if it's cheap then maybe we can trade a 6th or 7th for him to lock him into the cheap contract for us.

The Bad Guy
03-18-2006, 11:08 AM
A young QB with upside and people don't want him?

Why, because you've all been sold the Casey Printers kool-aid?

Jesus.

It's not like we have any options behind Green.

Hoover
03-18-2006, 12:03 PM

Jesus.

I know, I just don't get it. Let Green paly another year or two, and have him teach Joey the game, then when Trent leaves Joey is in his prime years and we don't miss a beat.

I'm all for it, and hope it happens

StcChief
03-18-2006, 12:06 PM
I'd say give him a shot ,competition for #2....

He needs to understand the role he will be in learn from Green if he earns #2.

Printers may be a long shot or project with NFLE too.
CFL has produced some QBs....Warren Moon

Sure-Oz
03-18-2006, 01:21 PM

Jesus.

No shit, i want him on this team and have casey be the 3rd stringer, there is possible QBOTF with both, and i want Huard off this team, he is probably the biggest pos ever.

chagrin
03-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Absofrikinloutly I would take him he is a very good QB that has played behind a horrible Oline since he has been there any "real" football fan would know that

I know Denver Chief didn't just post that!

Dude, I will say it again. I lived there, I watched him play both live ind on tv every friggin week. I know Taco John didn't steal your IP addy and user account for that vomitous post!! BTW, that offensive line you are claiming was "horrible":

12th best in the league in sacks allowed for 2005 30
3rd best in the league in sacks allowed with 15
1st in the league in sacks allowed with, are you ready for this, 11 freaking sacks allowed!

The bottom line is, he sucks ass. If not being a 'real fan' means I know the facts and the truth, and I watched him stink on the field for 4 years, then I'm cool with that.

All I'm sayin is, before you start calling out people for knowledge and shit, do the research.

I have no idea who Casey Printers is and I don't care (CFL dude or whatever). We do need options behind Trent, but they had better be worthwhile options, not former top 5, overpaid options!!!

The Bad Guy
03-18-2006, 02:36 PM
All I'm sayin is, before you start calling out people for knowledge and shit, do the research.

I have no idea who Casey Printers is and I don't care (CFL dude or whatever). We do need options behind Trent, but they had better be worthwhile options, not former top 5, overpaid options!!!

The Chiefs won't be overpaying him.

When you have ZERO options behind your starter, it doesn't hurt to take a chance on someone who is young, and a top 5 pick.

He doesn't have Ryan Leaf's crazy attitude.

I really don't see the downside. If Trent goes down, do you mean to tell me you'd be more comfortable with Printers and Huard?

If so, that is insanity.

This is a zero risk, zero reward for a team that hasn't had a young QB option in a long, long, long time.

Cave Johnson
03-18-2006, 02:40 PM
i guess it also depends on Harrington's contract ...... if it's cheap then maybe we can trade a 6th or 7th for him to lock him into the cheap contract for us.

Uh, let's think about this one. Harrington is in the 5th year of his contract as the 3rd pick in 2002 draft. Is his contract going to be a) close to the league minimum or b) hellaciously expensive?

I'm ok with giving up a 6th just to keep other teams from driving up our price. Backup QBs make pretty good coin.

FringeNC
03-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Martz is a good evaluator of QB talent, and we run the same offense as Martz, and if Martz didn't think he was any good.....

Cave Johnson
03-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Martz is a good evaluator of QB talent, and we run the same offense as Martz, and if Martz didn't think he was any good.....

Assuming the article was accurate, that's not what happened.

Kclee
03-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Assuming the article was accurate, that's not what happened.

per KFFL

Lions | Harrington sabotaged team's "quarterback school"
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 10:41:45 -0800

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington played a big role in getting the team to agree to release or trade him. Several people close to the situation claim Harrington sabotaged his appearance during the team's "quarterback school" with offensive coordinator Mike Martz. During classroom sessions, Harrington put forth little effort when asked to go to the board to break down plays. He was very lethargic and uncooperative during the sessions and Martz quickly realized Harrington had no desire to be there.

Lurch
03-18-2006, 02:53 PM
per KFFL

Lions | Harrington sabotaged team's "quarterback school"
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 10:41:45 -0800

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington played a big role in getting the team to agree to release or trade him. Several people close to the situation claim Harrington sabotaged his appearance during the team's "quarterback school" with offensive coordinator Mike Martz. During classroom sessions, Harrington put forth little effort when asked to go to the board to break down plays. He was very lethargic and uncooperative during the sessions and Martz quickly realized Harrington had no desire to be there.

Would you want to play in Detroit? Getting him to KC would be a good move for us, and for him. Trent has a year or two left; but Joey would be good insurance--and it would take him a little while to figure out our offense anyway.

milkman
03-18-2006, 02:55 PM
that's an indictment on our front office ... not on whether we should actually trade for Harriington.

Of course it's an indictment of the front office.

I have zero confidence in Carl to get anything done in the free agent market this offseason, even if he's going after a QB that has been/is labeled a bust.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Uh, let's think about this one. Harrington is in the 5th year of his contract as the 3rd pick in 2002 draft. Is his contract going to be a) close to the league minimum or b) hellaciously expensive?

I'm ok with giving up a 6th just to keep other teams from driving up our price. Backup QBs make pretty good coin.
Uh, maybe you should think about it some more

i'll take hellaciously expensive for 500, Alex

generally a high draft pick's contract is pretty backloaded on the base salary part of it.

i wouldn't be surprised to see his base salary up around 4 or 5 million.

Bowser
03-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Would you want to play in Detroit? Getting him to KC would be a good move for us, and for him. Trent has a year or two left; but Joey would be good insurance--and it would take him a little while to figure out our offense anyway.

Absolutely.

Mr. Laz
Of course it's an indictment of the front office.

I have zero confidence in Carl to get anything done in the free agent market this offseason, even if he's going after a QB that has been/is labeled a bust.
fair enough... i fully understand your concern

btw - i'm not against joey harrington as our backup QB ... i think it would be a good move. We just tend to pay more than we should in these kinds of situations and i really don't want to give up a draft pick if we don't have to.

Kclee

I wouldn't want to play/live in Detroit and I agree with the rest of your post.

Sure-Oz
03-18-2006, 03:12 PM
His team is against him, would you stay?? He has no choice, does he want to be there and be unhappy and have no backing by the team at all, I hope he comes here and gets a clean slate. Back when he was drafted i wouldn't have minded getting him here.

milkman
03-18-2006, 03:29 PM
fair enough... i fully understand your concern

btw - i'm not against joey harrington as our backup QB ... i think it would be a good move. We just tend to pay more than we should in these kinds of situations and i really don't want to give up a draft pick if we don't have to.

And I understand your concern.

I wouldn't mind giving up a 6th round pick for him, but I could easily envision Carl doing something like giving up our 3rd rounder this year, or a 7th round pick this year and a 5th rounder next, or some stupid shit like that.

Are we counting the days until Carl's gone?

How many days in a year is there?<---rhetorical question.

jspchief
03-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Harrington as a #2? Sure, that would be nice.

Harrington as the future #1? F*ck no.

I wouldn't mind him as a backup, but I'm afraid it would keep the Chiefs from actually getting a QBotF... something I don't think Harrington is.

Ultra Peanut
03-18-2006, 03:30 PM
He doesn't have Ryan Leaf's crazy attitude.In fact, quite the opposite.

This would be a match made in heaven... which means it will never happen.

I wouldn't mind him as a backup, but I'm afraid it would keep the Chiefs from actually getting a QBotF... something I don't think Harrington is.Is Harrington really any more of a gamble than someone with college credentials similar to or worse than the ones he had? Four mediocre years in a football black hole is hardly enough to condemn someone to "career backup" status.

Cave Johnson
03-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Uh, maybe you should think about it some more

i'll take hellaciously expensive for 500, Alex

generally a high draft pick's contract is pretty backloaded on the base salary part of it.

i wouldn't be surprised to see his base salary up around 4 or 5 million.

I didn't know I had to add [/sarcasm], I thought it was pretty evident.

Cave Johnson
03-18-2006, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't mind giving up a 6th round pick for him, but I could easily envision Carl doing something like giving up our 3rd rounder this year, or a 7th round pick this year and a 5th rounder next, or some stupid shit like that.

CP couldn't screw this one up. The Ramsey deal pretty much set the market. Ramsey, a low 1st rounder with a career 75 rating, warrented a 6th. Harrington is roughly equivelent with as a high pick (i.e. theoretically higher upside) with a career 68 rating.

I hope.

milkman
03-18-2006, 04:10 PM
CP couldn't screw this one up. The Ramsey deal pretty much set the market. Ramsey, a low 1st rounder with a career 75 rating, warrented a 6th. Harrington is roughly equivelent with as a high pick (i.e. theoretically higher upside) with a career 68 rating.

I hope.

I think you are underestimating Carl's God given ability to **** things up.

Phobia
03-18-2006, 04:11 PM
I can't believe there are Chiefs fans trashing Harrington. I'm guessing it's people who picked him up in their fantasy drafts assuming he couldn't fail with all those 1st round WR's. The majority of informed Lions fans defend the guy - and hope he can catch on with a team like the Chiefs - a team with a line.

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 04:12 PM
This guy is a Tim Couch clone. No way do I want him in KC. By the time Trent retires, we wont have our HOF offensive line anymore. Harrington makes too many mistakes on the field as it is.

Sure-Oz
03-18-2006, 04:21 PM
I say give him a chance, you guys are dumbasses if you want to count on Huard. Seriously, it's ****in brock huard.

It's so bad i don't even know the guys first name, i think its damon right??

Kclee
03-18-2006, 04:27 PM
I can't believe there are Chiefs fans trashing...

Welcome to the Planet, n00b. :)

FAX
03-18-2006, 04:29 PM
I can't believe there are Chiefs fans trashing Harrington. I'm guessing it's people who picked him up in their fantasy drafts assuming he couldn't fail with all those 1st round WR's. The majority of informed Lions fans defend the guy - and hope he can catch on with a team like the Chiefs - a team with a line.

I think I'm seeing things.

Wasn't this your 50,000th post a few minutes ago, Mr. Phobia? Now it's number 49,999. How is this possible?

FAX

jspchief
03-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Is Harrington really any more of a gamble than someone with college credentials similar to or worse than the ones he had? Four mediocre years in a football black hole is hardly enough to condemn someone to "career backup" status.Is Harrington more of a gamble? Probably not.

The problem is, I believe we've already seen what Harrington is made of in terms of NFL capability. I don't buy the "played for a shitty team" excuse any more than I did for Jake Plummer. Good QBs at least show flashes of greatness, and Harrington just doesn't do that.

I'd rather take the gamble on a rookie that has proven nothing than a guy that has proven that he's not very good.

KCChiefsFan88
03-18-2006, 06:36 PM
I've seen nothing from Harrington to suggest he has the physical capabilities to play in the NFL.

the Talking Can
03-18-2006, 07:30 PM
I've never been impressed with Grbarrington....but, given our QB situation, I don't see any risk in getting him...unless we give up some crazy draft pick....