PDA

View Full Version : Crow? Serve it up for me.....

SLAG
03-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Im here to take a big bite of it....

They Played sloppy tonight, and their youth came out.

Who would have thought they would do so good this year after the way they started out.

Always next year.

KillerB's
03-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Man... last year first round BAM we are out, this year First round Bam we are out...

I sure do miss ROY

sondevil
03-17-2006, 10:07 PM
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You cocky @$$holes.

SLAG
03-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Man... last year first round BAM we are out, this year First round Bam we are out...

I sure do miss ROY

I dont..

Id rather play with My "Self'

WIN OR LOSE WE'LL STILL BOOZE!

KillerB's
03-17-2006, 10:08 PM

You cocky @$$holes.\

FU buddy.... KU is the best

Ari Chi3fs
03-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Roy never lost in 1st Round... :hrmm:

Simplex3
03-17-2006, 10:10 PM

You cocky @$$holes.
I love it when people talk s**t without putting their own beliefs/teams out in public view.

Saulbadguy
03-17-2006, 10:12 PM
I love it when people talk s**t without putting their own beliefs/teams out in public view.
I really do feel sorry for the KU players. The "KANSAS" across their chests means so much more than the cocky arrogant dipshit fans that gives Kansas a bad name.

Go Wildcats. EMAW.

CoMoChief
03-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Losing in the first round 2 seasons in a row isnt acceptable at Kansas. I dont see how Self isn't on the hot seat. Thats just ****ing pathetic.

CoMoChief
03-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Roy never lost in 1st Round... :hrmm:

He also never ran the shitty hi low offense either.

Hog Rider
03-17-2006, 10:15 PM
What the heck is a Jayhawk?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Ruffians! :harumph:

SLAG
03-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Losing in the first round 2 seasons in a row isnt acceptable at Kansas. I dont see how Self isn't on the hot seat. Thats just ****ing pathetic.

Self isnt on the hot seat because this is really His first year with His team... Most young freshman.... now if last year and this year the players were 100% his then he would be feeling the heat right about now

CoMoChief
03-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Self isnt on the hot seat because this is really His first year with His team... Most young freshman.... now if last year and this year the players were 100% his then he would be feeling the heat right about now

Once again I say its unacceptable to lose in the first round to shit schools.

KevB
03-17-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm just glad all the talk in town about KU running through a "weak" bracket can now stop.

SLAG
03-17-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm just glad all the talk in town about KU running through a "weak" bracket can now stop.

KU was put in a Position do do some good things...

but you can tell what they did with it

Ari Chi3fs
03-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Back to Back
Bucknell - Bradley
B2B

tshirt idea. heh.

leviw
03-17-2006, 10:27 PM

I just don't see what the difference is between losing in the first round and losing in the Sweet 16?

If the goal at KU is championships, then why do we still put Roy on such a pedistal?

|Zach|
03-17-2006, 10:46 PM
I just don't see what the difference is between losing in the first round and losing in the Sweet 16?

C'mon...

leviw
03-17-2006, 10:50 PM
C'mon...

......?

Miles
03-17-2006, 10:51 PM
C'mon...

Thats what I was thinking when he posted that in the other thread.

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2006, 10:52 PM

If the goal at KU is championships, then why do we still put Roy on such a pedistal?

With this team? not much difference, really....

However, we should have won last year.....and we should have won this year....but that's what makes the NCAA's so exciting, isn't it?

We've given our "upsets" for a while....let next year begin the real Self-Era, okay? :)

KillerB's
03-17-2006, 10:54 PM

Boy, you ain't to sharp are ya?

KillerB's
03-17-2006, 10:55 PM
With this team? not much difference, really....

However, we should have won last year.....and we should have won this year....but that's what makes the NCAA's so exciting, isn't it?

We've given our "upsets" for a while....let next year begin the real Self-Era, okay? :)

Yup KU does make it exciting (if you are a 1AA school)

I bet Bradley's name was penciled in MANY brackets when they saw trhey were playing Mr. Chokeinthefirstround KU

banyon
03-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Yup KU does make it exciting (if you are a 1AA school)

I bet Bradley's name was penciled in MANY brackets when they saw trhey were playing Mr. Chokeinthefirstround KU

Wow your after-the-fact smack talk is both witty and insightful. :rolleyes:

Bet that kind of smooth talk makes you one hell of a ladies man loser.

KillerB's
03-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Whats that chant?

Rock, Choke, Jayhawks?

|Zach|
03-17-2006, 11:00 PM
......?
There are a lot of great programs who have done a lot of good things and not won a title but in your world that doesn't matter they are in the same place as the bottom feeders becuase they don't have a national title? This is college basketball.

leviw
03-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Thats what I was thinking when he posted that in the other thread.
LAST 10 YEARS

1996: Roy loses to Syracuse in the Elite Eight: I'm pissed, no championship
1997: Roy loses to Arizona in the Sweet 16: I'm pissed, no championship
1998: Roy loses to Rhode Island in the 2nd round: I'm pissed, no championship
1999: Roy loses to Kentucky in the 2nd round: I'm pissed, no championship
2000: Roy loses to Duke in the 2nd round: I'm pissed, no championship
2001: Roy loses to Illinois in the Sweet 16: I'm pissed, no championship
2002: Roy loses to Maryland in the Final Four: I'm pissed, no championship
2003: Roy loses to Syracuse in the national championship: I'm pissed, no championship

2004: Self loses to Georgia Tech in the Elite Eight: I'm pissed, no championship
2005: Self loses to Bucknell in the first round: I'm pissed, no championship
2006: Self loses to Bradley in the first round: I'm pissed, no championship

banyon
03-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Whats that chant?

Rock, Choke, Jayhawks?

Either you are a retard visiting this board for the first time, or you are a regular user and too cowardly to say these things with your normal username.

Either way it's pathetic.

|Zach|
03-17-2006, 11:02 PM
LAST 10 YEARS

2003: Roy loses to Syracuse in the national championship: I'm pissed, no championship

2004: Self loses to Georgia Tech in the Elite Eight: I'm pissed, no championship
2006: Self loses to Bradley in the first round: I'm pissed, no championship

I would say it really sucks to be you then.

leviw
03-17-2006, 11:02 PM
There are a lot of great programs who have done a lot of good things and not won a title but in your world that doesn't matter they are in the same place as the bottom feeders becuase they don't have a national title? This is college basketball.
KU has done a lot of good things and not won a title. That's fine. But I don't see why people are all about this "Self sucks" shit like there is something better out there. And like losing in the Sweet 16 with Roy is any better than losing in the first round with Self. I don't understand that at all.

SLAG
03-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Either you are a retard visiting this board for the first time, or you are a regular user and too cowardly to say these things with your normal username.

Either way it's pathetic.

its true..

This man has no dick

SLAG
03-17-2006, 11:03 PM

We are all chiefs fans here right...

:(

leviw
03-17-2006, 11:04 PM

I'm proud to be a KU fan. I will always be a KU fan. I will always be happy win they win. I'll always be pissed/sad when they lose. SO, my point is, why is it any better to lose late in the tournament as opposed to early?

KillerB's
03-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Two years back to back losses to scrub tiny just happy to be there teams is unacceptable and is nothing more than crappy coaching and not preparing a team, last year should have woke Selfs ass up but obviously it didn't.

They should FIRE his ass for this , this is unacceptable and my damn bracket is messed up now too btw

leviw
03-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Two years back to back losses to scrub tiny just happy to be there teams is unacceptable and is nothing more than crappy coaching and not preparing a team, last year should have woke Selfs ass up but obviously it didn't.

They should FIRE his ass for this , this is unacceptable and my damn bracket is messed up now too btw

Who should we get to replace him?

SLAG
03-17-2006, 11:06 PM

Hey everyone I think we found someone more stupid than DickSsurfer

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Whats that chant?

Rock, Choke, Jayhawks?

F-U.....MUroon fan; when's the last time the Tiggers made noise in the Big Dance? ..... :)

Rrrrooooccckkkkk Ccccchhhhaallllllllkkkkkk, Jjjjjjjaaaayyyyyhhhhhawwwwkkkk....
KKKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuu

RRrooocckk Ccchhaalllllkkk, Jjjaayhhhawkkk....
KKKKKkkkkkkkUUUUuuuuuuuuu.....

RRrockk Ccchhlllkkk, Jjayhawkk....
KKKkkk-UUuuuuuuu.....

RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!
RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!
ROCKCHALK JAYHAWK, KKK-UUUU!!!

Go Baby Jays!

:KU:

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Hey everyone I think we found someone more stupid than DickSsurfer

My guess....a disgruntled MU or KSU fan.... :rolleyes:

SLAG
03-17-2006, 11:07 PM
F-U.....MUroon fan; when's the last time the Tiggers made noise in the Big Dance? ..... :)

KKKkkk-UUuuuuuuu.....

RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!
RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!

Go Baby Jays!

Do you have that on Speed dial..

Damn

:)

|Zach|
03-17-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm proud to be a KU fan. I will always be a KU fan. I will always be happy win they win. I'll always be pissed/sad when they lose. SO, my point is, why is it any better to lose late in the tournament as opposed to early?
It is a sign of doing well as a program and as a team.

You are telling me that in your eyes a team that got to the final 4 every year is of the same caliber as a team who was one and done?

If nothing else it is good for recruiting.

Bearcat
03-17-2006, 11:11 PM
KU has done a lot of good things and not won a title. That's fine. But I don't see why people are all about this "Self sucks" shit like there is something better out there. And like losing in the Sweet 16 with Roy is any better than losing in the first round with Self. I don't understand that at all.
It's why people outside of Kansas/Duke/UNC/Kentucky/etc hate Kansas/Duke/UNC/Kentucky/etc.

Some of the fans just can't realize 1) The other team came to play, too, and may not always curl up into a little ball in the corner of the court because of the name on the front of your jersey 2) Things are going to come up... coaching changes, bad classes, lots of seniors leaving... that make it impossible to keep the expectations at NC or bust every season, period, and 3) Your shit stinks.

leviw
03-17-2006, 11:12 PM
It is a sign of doing well as a program and as a team.

You are telling me that in your eyes a team that got to the final 4 every year is of the same caliber as a team who was one and done?

If nothing else it is good for recruiting.

No. A good team is a good team. Roy had A LOT of great teams and never won a championship at KU. Self has had a decent team, a good team and a young team and reached an Elite 8, and lost in the first round with the other two. He's also never won a championshp at KU.

I just don't think there is any insentive to losing with a good team in the Sweet 16 as opposed to the first round.

Maybe recruiting, but Self has had great success with that, even after the Bucknell fallout, and I bet it's much of the same after the Bradley one too.

greg63
03-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Im here to take a big bite of it....

They Played sloppy tonight, and their youth came out.

Who would have thought they would do so good this year after the way they started out.

Always next year.

I'm there with ya buddy.

Crow; mmmmmmm, I'm telling myself that it's poultry. And, for desert humble pie.

Mr. Kotter
Do you have that on Speed dial..

Damn

Fortunately, someone Repped me on it....I can just retrieve it there. :D

KillerB's

KKKkkk-UUuuuuuuu.....

RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!
RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!

Go Baby Jays!

Longtime Tarheel fan here, suprised I haven't been identified yet....

I just knew me bashing Skip would be a dead giveaway.... I would be sick as a Dog if I were a Jayhawk fan, personally I don't dislike the Jayhawks, I only Dislike those KU fans that bashed Roy for coming home.

Your team losing 2 years in a row in the first round is a curse my friend, a curse for those shi**y fans that wanted to bash Deputy Dog when he left, and rub salt in their open wounds MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

|Zach|
03-17-2006, 11:14 PM
No. A good team is a good team. Roy had A LOT of great teams and never won a championship at KU. Self has had a decent team, a good team and a young team and reached an Elite 8, and lost in the first round with the other two. He's also never won a championshp at KU.

I just don't think there is any insentive to losing with a good team in the Sweet 16 as opposed to the first round.

Maybe recruiting, but Self has had great success with that, even after the Bucknell fallout, and I bet it's much of the same after the Bradley one too.
ROFL ROFL

Cool, if in the next five years KU bowed out at Sweet 16 rather than the 1st round there would be no difference.

You meet all kinds on message boards.

greg63
03-17-2006, 11:15 PM
We are all chiefs fans here right...

:(

Sure just ask Taco John. :p :D

banyon
03-17-2006, 11:15 PM

I just knew me bashing Skip would be a dead giveaway.... I would be sick as a Dog if I were a Jayhawk fan, personally I don't dislike the Jayhawks, I only Dislike those KU fans that bashed Roy for coming home.

Your team losing 2 years in a row in the first round is a curse my friend, a curse for those shi**y fans that wanted to bash Deputy Dog when he left, and rub salt in their open wounds MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I remember when you clowns lost to Weber State.

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2006, 11:16 PM
It's why people outside of Kansas/Duke/UNC/Kentucky/etc hate Kansas/Duke/UNC/Kentucky/etc.

Some of the fans just can't realize 1) The other team came to play, too, and may not always curl up into a little ball in the corner of the court because of the name on the front of your jersey 2) Things are going to come up... coaching changes, bad classes, lots of seniors leaving... that make it impossible to keep the expectations at NC or bust every season, period, and 3) Your shit stinks.

How about....the other team gets up for one of the "Big 5 or 6" and tries to make a statement?

Bucknell and Bradley have. :thumb:

I'd be willing to bet they WON'T want to play KU next year though.... :)

leviw
03-17-2006, 11:17 PM

The only reason I was pissed about Roy going home was because the first time he said "No" to UNC, he said he couldn't do it because he couldn't say goodbye to his players. Saying "Yes" the second time was just a slap in the face to the players on the team then.

But I'm glad he did get to go home and make Dean happy, because that's obviously his only goal in life. Always has been. Always will be. And that's fine. Dean has doen a lot for him.

Mr. Kotter

RaiderRocks???? ROFL ROFL ROFL

Phil isn't around anymore; the other mods are busy.....dude.

Buddy....how are you? Good to see you back.

Good luck without a QB next year.....or is it gonna be Tuiosisoppo? Or whatever the hell his name is..... :hmmm:

Bearcat
last year should have woke Selfs ass up but obviously it didn't.

They should FIRE his ass for this , this is unacceptable and

ROFLROFLROFL

And he's obviously struggled so much with the transition from last year to this year... what's this "conference tie" and only beating Texas once this year. Jeez. Those 18 & 19 year olds should all transfer, because they won't go anywhere if they stick around!!

Pitt Gorilla
03-17-2006, 11:18 PM
How about....the other team gets up for one of the "Big 5 or 6" and tries to make a statement?

I bet they would. Hell, give Missouri State a chance and they would as well.

leviw
ROFL ROFL

Cool, if in the next five years KU bowed out at Sweet 16 rather than the 1st round there would be no difference.

You meet all kinds on message boards.

It would be just like old times under Roy.

I don't see that happening, though.

KillerB's
I remember when you clowns lost to Weber State.

Yes that sucked and I remember it well.... but damn, two years in a row dude?

I feel bad for KU I really do, but everytime I see cockjockeys like Skipperoo over there and remember all the crap he talked about Roy, I just love seeing that cable running homo in misery.... you I don't know, and if I offend u I am sorry but these bullets have no eyes tonite, I hope u understand

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2006, 11:20 PM

3-18-06....

PG says SMU wants to rock KU's world next year....

Good luck with that. :p

KillerB's
03-17-2006, 11:20 PM
RaiderRocks???? ROFL ROFL ROFL

Phil isn't around anymore; the other mods are busy.....dude.

Buddy....how are you? Good to see you back.

Good luck without a QB next year.....or is it gonna be Tuiosisoppo? Or whatever the hell his name is..... :hmmm:

Its basketball season now man... I ain't worried about the mods, they love me and want me to come back, you know I can come and go here as I please as always :)

Bearcat
03-17-2006, 11:21 PM
I just love seeing that cable running homo in misery.... you I don't know, and if I offend u I am sorry but these bullets have no eyes tonite, I hope u understand

ROFL

Valiant
03-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Who should we get to replace him?

I think Quin is available... :)

SLAG
03-17-2006, 11:24 PM
I think Quin is available... :)

Thats just Plain Mean..

Almost as Mean as Shooting at Another Mans Suit's

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Its basketball season now man... I ain't worried about the mods, they love me and want me to come back, you know I can come and go here as I please as always :)

Me....me???? :shrug:

Of "15 usernames" history.....sure; I know.

I always enjoyed you; but you did get "over the top" when they booted you.....PM Bob Dole or Parker (htismaqe).....they'll give you back the RR name if you agree to not be a TOTAL dick....heh. :p

KillerB's
03-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Hell Matt Dougherty is a UNC man, thats what KU needs, another good UNC man to guide that team again

Pitt Gorilla
03-17-2006, 11:27 PM
3-18-06....

PG says SMU wants to rock KU's world next year....

Good luck with that. :pAsk Gary Williams about scheduling SMS. BTW, SMS finished higher in the MVC than Bradley.

|Zach|
03-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Ask Gary Williams about scheduling SMS. BTW, SMS finished higher in the MVC than Bradley.
Teams don't want to come to places like Carbondale and Springfield.

KillerB's
03-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Me....me???? :shrug:

Of "15 usernames" history.....sure; I know.

I always enjoyed you; but you did get "over the top" when they booted you.....PM Bob Dole or Parker (htismaqe).....they'll give you back the RR name if you agree to not be a TOTAL dick....heh. :p

I really don't want to be back to be honest, I like to troll a bit from time to time but I am not interested in coming back full time, if I wanted to I could have just been nice and blended in on this username :)

leviw
03-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Hell Matt Dougherty is a UNC man, thats what KU needs, another good UNC man to guide that team again

Yeah. Matt's had great success. :shake:

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2006, 11:30 PM
I really don't want to be back to be honest, I like to troll a bit from time to time but I am not interested in coming back full time, if I wanted to I could have just been nice and blended in on this username :)

Whatever suits you....givin' yourself away in under 20 posts though....heh. That's a Raider fan for you... :p

Best wishes, man. :)

ChiefaRoo
03-17-2006, 11:31 PM

The Valley is nails guys. Call any coach in the league and offer a home and home and it'll happen. It's the BCS schools that don't want to play Valley teams. Note to Bill Self, that idiot at Maryland and other BCS types - When the phone rings and your secretary says "it's the Valley on the line" don't run out the door to the golf course.

KillerB's
Yeah. Matt's had great success. :shake:

Well who do you want? Damn

May we offer you Roy back or do you prefer the Dean himself?

Pitt Gorilla
The Valley is nails guys. Call any coach in the league and offer a home and home and it'll happen. It's the BCS schools that don't want to play Valley teams. Note to Bill Self, that idiot at Maryland and other BCS types - When the phone rings and your secretary says "it's the Valley on the line" don't run out the door to the golf course.The story about Gary Williams is classic.

BTW,
Congrats, Shocks. Keep it up!

leviw
03-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Well who do you want? Damn

May we offer you Roy back or do you prefer the Dean himself?

I want Bill Self until he retires or it becomes obvious the program is in trouble.

KillerB's
03-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Whatever suits you....givin' yourself away in under 20 poss though....heh. That's a Raider fan for you... :p

Best wishes, man. :)

Man trust me, I build these forums, I know how they work, and though I would never give the secrets away, it's very easy to fly under the radar, especially on a board this busy

KillerB's
03-17-2006, 11:33 PM
I want Bill Self until he retires or it becomes obvious the program is in trouble.

two years in a row bounced by teenie tiny 3rd world schools isn't trouble.

Ok man, keep drinkin that KU Kool-Aid

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Ask Gary Williams about scheduling SMS. BTW, SMS finished higher in the MVC than Bradley.

I know. I thought the Big 12 had a down season; and the MVC had a very good season....I expected them to get 5 into the tourney.

SMS is a good team. Parity has arrived at the mid-Major conferences, and the second tier "Big" Conferences....

It's similar to the NFL....on any given [game-day]

I still like K-U's future....

KKKkkk-UUuuuuuuu.....

RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!
RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!

Go Baby Jays!

ChiefaRoo
03-17-2006, 11:34 PM
The story about Gary Williams is classic.

BTW,
Congrats, Shocks. Keep it up!

Thanks PG. We'll give Tennessee hell.

SHOX!

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Man trust me, I build these forums, I know how they work, and though I would never give the secrets away, it's very easy to fly under the radar, especially on a board this busy

I know....I know... ROFL

Stick around if you can....heh. :)

Pitt Gorilla
03-17-2006, 11:37 PM

SHOX!I absolutely love being in a league where the teams respect and pull for each other. We may have rivalries, but we all enjoy Valley basketball.

Go stinky pinkies.

leviw
03-17-2006, 11:38 PM
two years in a row bounced by teenie tiny 3rd world schools isn't trouble.

Ok man, keep drinkin that KU Kool-Aid

Once with a team of seniors that wouldn't play Self's system because they were still bitter about Roy deserting them.

Once with three freshmen and two sophomores who won a regular season Big 12 Championship and Big 12 Tournament Championship.

Excuses or facts? Probably both. But this program certainly is not in trouble.

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2006, 11:39 PM

SHOX!

You should kick the crap out of Tennessee, regardless of the bogus seeding.....

I have you advancing in my bracket too; time to "man-up".... :p

KillerB's
03-17-2006, 11:41 PM
I know....I know... ROFL

Stick around if you can....heh. :)

I come here and read from time to time and still have many friends here, I don't hate the place by no means.

I have to get my digs in though man..... you know me

It's like a drug man... and I am ashamed to say as soon as they switched from the Carolina game and to the KU game I saw the score and said DAMN, I gotta go bug skips cable runnin homo ass @ the cheapsplanet

KillerB's
03-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Yall take care, I'm out long week , for all you good KU fans, I am sincerly sorry you lost and the way we played, we will surely suffer the same fate next week.
****Good KU Fans Don't read any further****

For all those rat b@stard fans like Skip suckalongdong Towne....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! B*tch....

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2006, 11:44 PM
....as soon as they switched from the Carolina game and to the KU game I saw the score and said DAMN, I gotta go bug skips cable runnin homo ass @ the cheapsplanet

If you haven't posted over in his thread....a lot.....you should. Heh.

Skippy is the same ole skippy....amazing how things change, but stay the same....heh.

Give 'em Hell, RR. :)

BTAU
03-18-2006, 12:03 AM
But this program certainly is not in trouble.

I agree with you here.

I think we'll be fine as long as Self keeps bringing in talent and since we are getting guys 2-3 years in advance we should be fine.

As far as Bradley being a teenie tiny third world team, they got into the tournament on thier own merits (at large bid) and they have 2 NBA prospects. I believe we still should have won this game, but this was the first exposure to playing in the tournament for most of the guys out there tonight. The future is still bright at KU with Self at the helm.

Rock Chalk

Frazod
03-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Just caught the highlights on SportsCenter.

:LOL:

Pitt Gorilla
03-18-2006, 12:40 AM
Check out this KU prediction thread:

http://kansas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=121&tid=70761406&sid=&style=2

POND_OF_RED
03-18-2006, 01:28 AM
As an MU fan I cant give anyone shit, but to say that Self losing in the first round two years in a row is just like Williams taking them to the sweet sixteen is just ridiculous....

Saggysack
03-18-2006, 01:35 AM
You should kick the crap out of Tennessee, regardless of the bogus seeding.....

I have you advancing in my bracket too; time to "man-up".... :p

Damn it! :cuss: Why the hell did you have to go and say that? I'm sure you had KU advancing in your bracket too.

If the Shockers lose tomorrow, I'm holding you responsible for jinxing the damn thing.

Sure-Oz
03-18-2006, 01:43 AM
Bradley, you lost to ****in Bradley, this shit isnt supposed to happen.

SLAG
03-18-2006, 01:48 AM

I know man

Im sorry...

We just didnt cut it

greg63
03-18-2006, 01:53 AM
I know man

Im sorry...

We just didnt cut it

Well, I guess it could be worse; although I'm just not sure how.:banghead:

Nite Planet!

Sure-Oz
03-18-2006, 01:56 AM
I know man

Im sorry...

We just didnt cut it

Im a huge MU fan and am not here to laugh, yeah its hilarious but seriously my polls are ****ed i expected them to go as far as the 16 or elite 8.....this shit really shouldnt happen 2 years in a row like that, crazy i tell ya.

SLAG
03-18-2006, 01:56 AM
Well, I guess it could be worse; although I'm just not sure how.:banghead:

Nite Planet!

Nite Greg...

Im still going on my St. Pattys Day Celbration

I even ate Cornbeef and Cabbage

Im off to go take some slippery nipples with the baileys irish cream

greg63
03-18-2006, 01:58 AM
Nite Greg...

I even ate Cornbeef and Cabbage

Im off to go take some slippery nipples with the baileys irish cream

Have fun buddy! :D

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 03:07 AM

Theres a huge difference. First of all, Roy never lost in the first round. When Roy lost in the tourney he never lost to shitty teams like Bucknell or Bradley. He lost to teams like Syracuse, Kentucky, Duke, Illinois, Maryland, Arizona, which are all powerhouse teams, which sucks, but is understandable. Even that Rhode Island team was good with Lamar Odom and co. Can anyone name a player that was on Bucknell's squad last year? Can anyone before tonite name a player or two on Bradley's squad? Point is, is that Roy won the games against the smaller teams that are supposed to be like Warm-up games. On the sidelines you could see Self tonite just shrieking in terror, watching another 1st round nightmare happen before his eyes. He didnt know what to do. He was whining to the refs more than Kelvin Sampson ever has in a single game. Im tired of this hi-low shit. This team is physically made to run the transition offense. Sasha Kaun cant play basketball. I still wonder why Jackson doesnt start over him. Self's job should be on the line. A fire needs to be lit under his ass. No more "this is his team now" talk. These may be freshman, but they are the best freshman in the country. At this point they are sophomores.

DJay23
03-18-2006, 05:49 AM
Well, that spoiled what had been a fantastic St. Patrick's Day. Apparently it was so depressing that the alcohol I consumed didn't have the desired affect, because here I am the next morning on my computer at 7:30.

I didn't get to watch the game, only saw the score changing on the top of the screen while they showed Texas-Penn. I can't really comment on how the game was played, but I refuse to believe that this was anything less than a typical junk team playing way over it's head while KU choked away turnover after turnover. I know Bradley has some good players, but come on. I actually told a lot of people who asked me what KU's chances were that they could go out in the first round or make it to the title game, and neither would really surprise me. Which was how I felt at the time, I have to say now though that I'm surprised. I thought Bradley would give us a game and all, but again, come on. I also refuse to blame youth for it. They've played enough games together, played in some games in bigger spots against tougher opponents and come out on top. I'll blame the coach for not getting them mentally ready. I'm not calling for Self's head on a platter, but jeez Bill, at some point we need to see some results! I think maybe the boys blew their wad in the Big XII tournament because they had to expend so much energy to beat Texas. They just had to avenge that horrible loss in Austin and prove that we weren't a bad team. I still don't think we're a bad team, I just think we were an unfocused team, a tight team, tonight.

This is embarrassing. First round games are generally very tough because you have some no-name playing out of it's mind becuase it has nothing to lose. You have to be ready for that, and you have to understand that. 4 seeds don't just magically win first round games, you have to play well to do it. That is on Self. I think the guys will be alright, and in the long run this may help the freshman class to understand a few things about the tourney.

phxchief
03-18-2006, 05:55 AM
Where's that idiot skip towne?

****ing IQ of a 3-year old needs to show up and eat his crow.

Shox
03-18-2006, 06:05 AM

KU is afraid to schedule them so I guess we will never know.

Ultra Peanut
03-18-2006, 06:14 AM
Nite Greg...

I even ate Cornbeef and CabbageLike Fred Savage.

Baby Lee
03-18-2006, 06:40 AM
Two 1st round exits IS evidence.

A 1st round exit probably means 1/2 the field in the effing NIT is better than you.

Baby Lee
03-18-2006, 06:44 AM
As an MU fan I cant give anyone shit, but to say that Self losing in the first round two years in a row is just like Williams taking them to the sweet sixteen is just ridiculous....
Yeah, that's about as smart as saying;

I haven't jogged in years and I have ginormous man-bewbs, but this one guy, . . . he finished 5th in the Boston Marathon. So since he didn't win, I figure I'm in as good a shape as he is.

Baby Lee
03-18-2006, 06:46 AM
That's the mentality from when KU was KU.

Those days are OVER.

Big Bill is developing BSMCCP. The Bill Self Mediocre Community College Program.

DJay23
03-18-2006, 06:57 AM

Those days are OVER.

Big Bill is developing BSMCCP. The Bill Self Mediocre Community College Program.
Easy prediction to make. Looks bad now, but if it turns around, as I expect it will, where will you be?

Andoverer
03-18-2006, 07:01 AM
[QUOTE=DJay23]

I didn't get to watch the game, only saw the score changing on the top of the screen while they showed Texas-Penn. I can't really comment on how the game was played, but I refuse to believe that this was anything less than a typical junk team playing way over it's head while KU choked away turnover after turnover. I know Bradley has some good players, but come on..... I thought Bradley would give us a game and all, but again, come on.......
This is embarrassing. First round games are generally very tough because you have some no-name playing out of it's mind becuase it has nothing to lose. [QUOTE]

Come down off your high horse.
If you had seen the game then you'd know that Bradley is no slouch team and handled KU quite well. Bradley deserves just a bit of credit here.

Baby Lee
03-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Easy prediction to make. Looks bad now, but if it turns around, as I expect it will, where will you be?
Probably the same place I was throughout DV's failed tenure.
Hoping for the best and shrugging with embarassment when people ask WTF happened to my team.

StcChief
03-18-2006, 07:04 AM
First Bucknelled now chopped by the Bradley Braves
What is going on with KU basketball

DJay23
03-18-2006, 07:08 AM
[QUOTE=DJay23]

Come down off your high horse.
If you had seen the game then you'd know that Bradley is no slouch team and handled KU quite well. Bradley deserves just a bit of credit here.
I don't know how to get off my high horse. I'm a KU fan. As such, my expectation is that you beat teams named after people.

gblowfish
03-18-2006, 07:49 AM
Hi Boys and Girls. This morning's new vocabulary word is:

"Schadenfreude"...

Which is a German word that means "The First Day of Spring in Missouri."

As a card carrying "MURon", seriously, I send my heartfelt condolences. I know what first round NCAA losses are like. Hurts, don't it?

Everyone knows KU is the vastly superior team. This is just so unfair. Kansas shouldn't even have to play a first round game. Or if they do have to play in the first round, the game should be scheduled in Kansas City or Wichita. Forcing the baby Jayhawks to play so far away from home is just an insult to the reputation and history of KU Basketball. KU can't be expected to play its "A-Game" without the support and attendance of the fans.

Personally, I blame the last two years on Max Faulkenstein. Get rid of that guy. He's bad luck. And has anyone checked on Skip Towne? Better take away his belt and shoelaces for a few days.

Calling KU fans arrogant is just wrong. They are humble with no sense of entitlement whatsoever. Let's check the tape from yesterday:

RoyC75: "I bet this is a 20 point game. KU win. What will your Sat. morning story be when you get waxed by 20 + points ?"

nm_dbf: "Bradley: the rich man's school in MVC. F'em. KU bury them..."

Slag02: "They aint bringing Nothin. So they have to talk trash a more Pathetic way. Was Funny to see that they rely on the 1950 game as an Hint as to how we are going to play."

ArrowheadHawk: "You actually think the 5th place team in the MVC will even compete with the Big 12 Champs?"

KCChiefsfan88: "After KU humiliates the non-factor, Missouri Valley FRAUD that is Bradley, then yourself and the rest of your fellow sports "journalists" can sit down and re-evaluate your career and wonder what the heck you did wrong in your life, that led you to end up covering the nonexistent sport scene in Peoria, Illinois."

BSPimpDude: "I like to see what he writes about when KU beats their ass by 25+"

TacticalFunky: "I feel our chances of at least making the Final Four are quite good. I doubt Self is going to allow our team to overlook any team as long as he's coaching here. Next year we should be in the Top 5 in the nation."

Lzen: "This team will not get Bucknelled this year."

Ahhh.....I love Springtime!

BTW: Who's got Bob Huggins phone number?

redhed
03-18-2006, 07:55 AM
Well, there goes my KU/Bucknell rematch...
This game was a bracketwrecker!

To quote MU fan: "Just wait 'til NEXT year!"

It was still a pretty good season. Mucho potential on this KU squad.

Bearcat
03-18-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm not calling for Self's head on a platter, but jeez Bill, at some point we need to see some results!

I agree with a lot of what you said, and I just think those who are calling for his head aren't seeing the big picture. I want Self to prove that his system is better than the more entertaining and recently more effective Roy Williams system more than anyone. However, I've seen too many people talk about the Bucknell & Bradley game like it's exactly the same thing, but they aren't.... I don't know how people can look at those two games and say it's all his fault, because one was with Roy's seniors and the other was with a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds (if you like it or not :p ).

Long story short, IMO, next year will be the year to prove his system works and actually win a few tournament games.... all of his kids, all with a year under their belt, and all with Big 12/tournament experience. No excuse.*

* You know, unless there's a lot of injuries, or Rush leaves, or Wright leaves, or they both leave, or the Big 12 is so strong it gets 7 teams in next year and KU is too worn down, or Bill Self runs into a tree while on medication, or there's a full moon during their first tournament game, or a myriad of other excuses to be used when they lose to UMKC in the tournament next year :p

Demonpenz
03-18-2006, 08:45 AM
that was still a good year by KU they did better than most people thought. Congrats

Cochise
03-18-2006, 08:49 AM
I don't know how to get off my high horse. I'm a KU fan.

egg-zachary

Ari Chi3fs
03-18-2006, 08:54 AM
Regardless, we have a core of young, very talented ballers. Next year will be fun... hopefully, all of these players take this and use it as fuel for the fire. Train hard in the offseason and kick major ass next year... all the way to at least the second round.

Brock
03-18-2006, 09:02 AM
that was still a good year by KU they did better than most people thought. Congrats

Yep. Still disappointing, though.

leviw
03-18-2006, 09:28 AM
Self's job should be on the line. A fire needs to be lit under his ass. No more "this is his team now" talk. These may be freshman, but they are the best freshman in the country. At this point they are sophomores.

I just love retarded bullshit like this. Who the **** would you bring in to replace him? Name a better coach and recruiter that would guarentee KU getting out of the first round every season that would leave his current position for this job right now?

Before last season, Self never lost in the first round either.

Braincase
03-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Whats that chant?

Rock, Choke, Jayhawks?

Absolutely. No excuses.

How's your team doing?

BTW.... I'm a WSU Alum, transplanted into Lawrence... (but I've always been a fan of KU basketball)

Frazod
03-18-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi Boys and Girls. This morning's new vocabulary word is:

"Schadenfreude"...

Which is a German word that means "The First Day of Spring in Missouri."

As a card carrying "MURon", seriously, I send my heartfelt condolences. I know what first round NCAA losses are like. Hurts, don't it?

Everyone knows KU is the vastly superior team. This is just so unfair. Kansas shouldn't even have to play a first round game. Or if they do have to play in the first round, the game should be scheduled in Kansas City or Wichita. Forcing the baby Jayhawks to play so far away from home is just an insult to the reputation and history of KU Basketball. KU can't be expected to play its "A-Game" without the support and attendance of the fans.

Personally, I blame the last two years on Max Faulkenstein. Get rid of that guy. He's bad luck. And has anyone checked on Skip Towne? Better take away his belt and shoelaces for a few days.

Calling KU fans arrogant is just wrong. They are humble with no sense of entitlement whatsoever. Let's check the tape from yesterday:

RoyC75: "I bet this is a 20 point game. KU win. What will your Sat. morning story be when you get waxed by 20 + points ?"

nm_dbf: "Bradley: the rich man's school in MVC. F'em. KU bury them..."

Slag02: "They aint bringing Nothin. So they have to talk trash a more Pathetic way. Was Funny to see that they rely on the 1950 game as an Hint as to how we are going to play."

ArrowheadHawk: "You actually think the 5th place team in the MVC will even compete with the Big 12 Champs?"

KCChiefsfan88: "After KU humiliates the non-factor, Missouri Valley FRAUD that is Bradley, then yourself and the rest of your fellow sports "journalists" can sit down and re-evaluate your career and wonder what the heck you did wrong in your life, that led you to end up covering the nonexistent sport scene in Peoria, Illinois."

BSPimpDude: "I like to see what he writes about when KU beats their ass by 25+"

TacticalFunky: "I feel our chances of at least making the Final Four are quite good. I doubt Self is going to allow our team to overlook any team as long as he's coaching here. Next year we should be in the Top 5 in the nation."

Lzen: "This team will not get Bucknelled this year."

Ahhh.....I love Springtime!

BTW: Who's got Bob Huggins phone number?

Beautiful day, ain't it?

StcChief
03-18-2006, 09:52 AM
yeah....Rock CHOKE Jawhawk
I'ts Deja vu all over again for KU.

What a freakin' choke job by KU.

SLAG
03-18-2006, 09:53 AM

Those days are OVER.

When Did Carl Peterson Hook Up With Bill Self

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 10:13 AM
I agree with a lot of what you said, and I just think those who are calling for his head aren't seeing the big picture. I want Self to prove that his system is better than the more entertaining and recently more effective Roy Williams system more than anyone. However, I've seen too many people talk about the Bucknell & Bradley game like it's exactly the same thing, but they aren't.... I don't know how people can look at those two games and say it's all his fault, because one was with Roy's seniors and the other was with a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds (if you like it or not :p ).

Long story short, IMO, next year will be the year to prove his system works and actually win a few tournament games.... all of his kids, all with a year under their belt, and all with Big 12/tournament experience. No excuse.*

* You know, unless there's a lot of injuries, or Rush leaves, or Wright leaves, or they both leave, or the Big 12 is so strong it gets 7 teams in next year and KU is too worn down, or Bill Self runs into a tree while on medication, or there's a full moon during their first tournament game, or a myriad of other excuses to be used when they lose to UMKC in the tournament next year :p

Uhh, sorry but this is the year that his "system" was supposed to work. None of Roys seniors are on the team (that make impact), this is Self's team hands down. He recruited all of these players. At this point these players are not freshman, they are sophomores and juniors. Bill Self obviously did not learn his lesson from Bucknell and just like last season, Self didn't prepare his team to play. What really pisses me off is that KU had a favorable bracket and very well could have the made the Final Four if they would have had just shown up and played. Self, you are now on the hot seat. Getting ousted in the tourney back to back years in the first round by shit programs is and never will be accpetable at Kansas.

Demonpenz
03-18-2006, 10:15 AM
who are you going to get better than self. I could see knee jerk reaction getting rid of self then not making the tourny the next couple years. I wish he would let those big dogs get out in run. If nothing else they should have out athleted buckradly

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Before last season, Self never lost in the first round either.

Thats like saying a coach never lost a final four because he never coached in one. I dont think I ever said anything about firing him, I just want some AD pressure on him or something. He can't continue to do this to the program. Dont get me wrong, KU exceeded expectations this season in the regular season. But after losing in the first round back to back seasons, it almost makes me feel like they didnt do anything this season.

ChiefaRoo
03-18-2006, 10:24 AM
Theres a huge difference. First of all, Roy never lost in the first round. When Roy lost in the tourney he never lost to shitty teams like Bucknell or Bradley. He lost to teams like Syracuse, Kentucky, Duke, Illinois, Maryland, Arizona, which are all powerhouse teams, which sucks, but is understandable. Even that Rhode Island team was good with Lamar Odom and co. Can anyone name a player that was on Bucknell's squad last year? Can anyone before tonite name a player or two on Bradley's squad? Point is, is that Roy won the games against the smaller teams that are supposed to be like Warm-up games. On the sidelines you could see Self tonite just shrieking in terror, watching another 1st round nightmare happen before his eyes. He didnt know what to do. He was whining to the refs more than Kelvin Sampson ever has in a single game. Im tired of this hi-low shit. This team is physically made to run the transition offense. Sasha Kaun cant play basketball. I still wonder why Jackson doesnt start over him. Self's job should be on the line. A fire needs to be lit under his ass. No more "this is his team now" talk. These may be freshman, but they are the best freshman in the country. At this point they are sophomores.

Your over the top amigo. Bradley is not a shitty team they played in a very tough conference that was better than the Big12 this year. You might want to consider acknowledging that and the fact that KU had a young team. If not I'm going to nominate you for biggest douche of the universe 2006. I'm starting to think David Blane has nothing on you.

PS - Send Sasha to Wichita and Turg will develop him into an All-American.

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 10:26 AM
who are you going to get better than self. I could see knee jerk reaction getting rid of self then not making the tourny the next couple years. I wish he would let those big dogs get out in run. If nothing else they should have out athleted buckradly

No shit. This team is physically made for the legendary KU transition break offense. This hi low shit doesnt work consistently. Sasha Kaun has no moves whatsoever down low to make it work, he's too raw. All I'm saying is that Self is lucky that this is a down year as far as coaching candidates go. Hell hire Roy's right hand man or something I dunno. (i dont really mean that)

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Your over the top amigo. Bradley is not a shitty team they played in a very tough conference that was better than the Big12 this year. You might want to consider acknowledging that and the fact that KU had a young team. If not I'm going to nominate you for biggest douche of the universe 2006. I'm starting to think David Blane has nothing on you.

PS - Send Sasha to Wichita and Turg will develop him into an All-American.

These are the best freshman in the country. Hell there sophomres at this point in the year. Every coach will tell you that. This was all coaching IMO. Self didnt have them prepared at all. As a result, a shitty team played their asses off and the team unprepared went home. Way to go Bill!!!

Andoverer
03-18-2006, 10:35 AM
These are the best freshman in the country. Hell there sophomres at this point in the year. Every coach will tell you that. This was all coaching IMO. Self didnt have them prepared at all. As a result, a shitty team played their asses off and the team unprepared went home. Way to go Bill!!!

Cry me a river. KU will most likely be a top 5 team for the next few years, but as for last night, the best team did win.

dr00d
03-18-2006, 11:17 AM
hahaha--I'm laughing at KU fans in meltdown mode...you knew it was only a matter of time when beloved roy left and all the sudden roy was a piece of sh1t. How frank.

banyon
03-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Thats like saying a coach never lost a final four because he never coached in one. I dont think I ever said anything about firing him, I just want some AD pressure on him or something. He can't continue to do this to the program. Dont get me wrong, KU exceeded expectations this season in the regular season. But after losing in the first round back to back seasons, it almost makes me feel like they didnt do anything this season.

South Carolina
#2 Seed 1997

lost to Coppin St. in 1st round.

#3 Seed 1998

lost to Richmond in first round

fired coach Eddie Fogler

results since: 3 NIT appearances (1 NIT championship), 1 NCAA 1st round loss, 3 years with no postseason under Dave Odom (who had led Wake Forest to 11 consecutive NCAA berths).

Arizona

#3 Seed 1992

lost to UT-Chattanooga in 1st round

#2 Seed 1993

lost to Santa Clara in 1st round

kept coach Lute Olson

results since: 1 NCAA title, 2 Finals appearances, 3 Final Fours, 6 Elite Eights, 8 Sweet 16's. (note: 2 other 1st round losses, in 1995 to #12 seed Miami of Ohio, in 1999 to #13 seed Oklahoma).

I like story #2 my "self".

Ultra Peanut
03-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Kansas will be a #2 seed next year. Either they'll lose to the Belmont Bruins, or they'll be a strong contender for the Final Four.

greg63
03-18-2006, 11:42 AM

PS - Send Sasha to Wichita and Turg will develop him into an All-American.Someone ought to; he was next to useless last night, and my hat’s off to Bradley who was the better team last night. However, KU simply didn't get it done; mental errors, turning the ball over, slow getting back on defense and was dominated on the boards thus the end result for yet another top seeded team.

leviw
03-18-2006, 01:08 PM
hahaha--I'm laughing at KU fans in meltdown mode...you knew it was only a matter of time when beloved roy left and all the sudden roy was a piece of sh1t. How frank.

Who is in meltdown mode? If your team ever makes a tournament again, come back and tell us how it feels. Until then, buy yourself a Bradley t-shirt and enjoy this. We all know it's the highlight of the year for each and every K-State fan, which is the funniest/saddest thing of this whole ordeal.

leviw
03-18-2006, 01:11 PM

How is it like saying a coach never lost a final four because he never coached in one? Self has been the tournament many times and never lost in the first round until two seasons ago.

Did you feel any different when Roy continually had easily one of the best three teams in the country and lost in the second round or Sweet 16? Did you feel like we did anything when those seasons ended?

dr00d
03-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Who is in meltdown mode? If your team ever makes a tournament again, come back and tell us how it feels. Until then, buy yourself a Bradley t-shirt and enjoy this. We all know it's the highlight of the year for each and every K-State fan, which is the funniest/saddest thing of this whole ordeal.

so are you honestly going to tell me that you didn't cheer the fact that ksu lost to a/m at the big 12 champ game? what is the difference. If you say you didn't, I'll call you a liar.

banyon
03-18-2006, 01:16 PM
so are you honestly going to tell me that you didn't cheer the fact that ksu lost to a/m at the big 12 champ game? what is the difference. If you say you didn't, I'll call you a liar.

You were in the Big 12 Championship game this year?

In what Women's golf?

leviw
03-18-2006, 01:19 PM

I sure didn't shed any tears on that choke job, which by the way, was way worse than either first round loss KU has had in basketball these last two seasons. But I also sure as hell didn't go buy an A&M t-shirt and wear it to the next KU/K-State game.

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 01:20 PM
How is it like saying a coach never lost a final four because he never coached in one? Self has been the tournament many times and never lost in the first round until two seasons ago.

Did you feel any different when Roy continually had easily one of the best three teams in the country and lost in the second round or Sweet 16? Did you feel like we did anything when those seasons ended?

Roy teams lost to good teams that ended being in it when it was all said and done. Roy doesnt lose to teams like Bucknell or Bradley in games that matter the most. Its all bad coaching IMO. Everyone knows that KU has the better talent. Self didnt prepare his players for this game.

leviw
03-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Roy teams lost to good teams that ended being in it when it was all said and done. Roy doesnt lose to teams like Bucknell or Bradley in games that matter the most. Its all bad coaching IMO. Everyone knows that KU has the better talent. Self didnt prepare his players for this game.

That's a subjective opinion. I can just as easily say the players didn't prepare themselves for the game.

Does it make it better to lose to "good teams" or bad teams? Not getting it done is not getting it done.

dr00d
03-18-2006, 01:22 PM
I sure didn't shed any tears on that choke job, which by the way, was way worse than either first round loss KU has had in basketball these last two seasons. But I also sure as hell didn't go buy an A&M t-shirt and wear it to the next KU/K-State game.

at least a/m had some decent talent that year...bradley...um..who? bradley? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

that is exactly what I am talking about...buy hey you just keep on keepin' on, if it makes you feel better.

luv
03-18-2006, 01:23 PM
at least a/m had some decent talent that year...bradley...um..who? bradley? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

that is exactly what I am talking about...buy hey you just keep on keepin' on, if it makes you feel better.
There's just no love for the MVC.

Demonpenz
03-18-2006, 01:23 PM
I sure didn't shed any tears on that choke job, which by the way, was way worse than either first round loss KU has had in basketball these last two seasons. But I also sure as hell didn't go buy an A&M dress and wear it to the next KU/K-State game.

tk13
03-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Bradley's a good team. Way better than 13 seed should be. I think they're better than Bucknell to be honest. It isn't just about pure talent, it's about what's upstairs and playing together as a team. That Illinois team last year was far from the most talented team in the tournament yet they almost won the whole thing. I have Bradley beating Pittsburgh too though. Just watching them, they just look like a really good basketball team. They play smart on offense, run it through the big guy, help each other on defense, contest every shot. Most of you guys still aren't giving them credit for how good they are.

dr00d
03-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I also think it is pretty easy to realize a difference between a conference foe and a non-conference foe. You didn't see me walking around with a Texas shirt after they blew the hell out of KU a month ago? Did I brag about Texas winning? Hell no, cause I wouldn't want to be seen as trying to promote another Big XII team..that doesn't make sense at all. I hate all BIG XII schools equally, the only difference is the massive amount of KU snobs on this board, therefore you might feel a little mistreated...sorry about that. :)

leviw
03-18-2006, 01:27 PM

Yeah. A&M was a real powerhouse in 98.

Up 17 points on a mediocore team in the third quarter as the No. 1 team in the country when the national championship was all but handed to you....THEN losing. That's as bad as it gets.

But hey, good luck with that new Bradley t-shirt. I hope you wear it well when KU beats K-State by 30 twice next season.

leviw
03-18-2006, 01:29 PM
I also think it is pretty easy to realize a difference between a conference foe and a non-conference foe. You didn't see me walking around with a Texas shirt after they blew the hell out of KU a month ago? Did I brag about Texas winning? Hell no, cause I wouldn't want to be seen as trying to promote another Big XII team..that doesn't make sense at all. I hate all BIG XII schools equally, the only difference is the massive amount of KU snobs on this board, therefore you might feel a little mistreated...sorry about that. :)

Why can't you just simply wear a K-State t-shirt?

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 01:34 PM
That Illinois team last year was far from the most talented team in the tournament yet they almost won the whole thing.

2 players from the Illinois team ended up being drafted in the NBA. Would have been 3 if Dee Brown didnt get injured. They were pretty talented IMO.

tk13
03-18-2006, 01:37 PM
2 players from the Illinois team ended up being drafted in the NBA. Would have been 3 if Dee Brown didnt get injured. They were pretty talented IMO.
2 players from this Bradley team could end up in the NBA. O'Bryant for sure. Sommerville's helping his stock quite a bit the last couple weeks.

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 01:37 PM
That's a subjective opinion. I can just as easily say the players didn't prepare themselves for the game.

Does it make it better to lose to "good teams" or bad teams? Not getting it done is not getting it done.

What hurts more? Losing to Bradley/Bucknell in the first round or losing to Kentucky or Duke in the 2nd-3rd round? When its all said and done youre right not getting it done is not getting it done. But Kansas is not the type of program that loses to teams like this 2 seasons in a row. Im just so fuggin pissed off from last night I cant even see straight.

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 01:39 PM
2 players from this Bradley team could end up in the NBA. O'Bryant for sure. Sommerville's helping his stock quite a bit the last couple weeks.

If this team is so talented they wouldnt have just squeaked into the tourney.

Demonpenz
03-18-2006, 01:41 PM
What hurts more? Losing to Bradley/Bucknell in the first round or losing to Kentucky or Duke in the 2nd-3rd round? When its all said and done youre right not getting it done is not getting it done. But Kansas is not the type of program that loses to teams like this 2 seasons in a row. Im just so fuggin pissed off from last night I cant even see straight.

Just wait till the chiefs draft another bust :)

tk13
03-18-2006, 01:45 PM
O'Bryant was hurt the early part of the season. They didn't get it together until these last 15 games or so, and they caught fire and got themselves on the bubble and got in. Otherwise they probably would've put it together sooner, and maybe won the Missouri Valley... certainly would've finished higher than 5th or whatever they finished. They weren't the same team at the beginning of the year that they were at the end here.

dr00d
03-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Why can't you just simply wear a K-State t-shirt?

for the record, no I haven't ever worn a bucknell shirt..I only wear purple, period. Yes, it is pretty stupid, but it isn't any worse than the moron ku fans that wear 'allen west' t-shirts either when ku plays here.

also-a/m ended up 9th in the nation I believe in 98, so somehow I'm thinking they weren't just a mediocre team..

jspchief
03-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Nice to see some cocky KU fans get put in their place for the second year in a row. :)

Pitt Gorilla
03-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Perhaps you should do some research before spouting off like an idiot. Bradley is the better team. Period.

leviw
03-18-2006, 03:19 PM
for the record, no I haven't ever worn a bucknell shirt..I only wear purple, period. Yes, it is pretty stupid, but it isn't any worse than the moron ku fans that wear 'allen west' t-shirts either when ku plays here.

also-a/m ended up 9th in the nation I believe in 98, so somehow I'm thinking they weren't just a mediocre team..

Yes. It is worse. KU fans wear "Allen West" t-shirts because it reflects something KU has been directly involved in. For K-State fans to wear Bucknell and Bradley gear has nothing to do with K-State's accomplishments.

Ok. So the Cats blew a 17-point third quarter lead to a decent team when the national championship was all but handed to them.

Baby Lee
03-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Huckleberry was a piece of shit the INSTANT he left, BECAUSE he left, just like Albert Lewis, just like Neil Smith.

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Perhaps you should do some research before spouting off like an idiot. Bradley is the better team. Period.

Better team?? Obviously last night they were. But if you really think Bradley is a better team than Kansas then you got some problems.

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Huckleberry was a piece of shit the INSTANT he left, BECAUSE he left, just like Albert Lewis, just like Neil Smith.

Roy isn't a piece of shit. He's a great coach. You can't blame him for going home to coach his alma mater. Not to mention the HUGE salary he must have gotten along with the best starting 5 in the nation.

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Yes. It is worse. KU fans wear "Allen West" t-shirts because it reflects something KU has been directly involved in. For K-State fans to wear Bucknell and Bradley gear has nothing to do with K-State's accomplishments.

Ok. So the Cats blew a 17-point third quarter lead to a decent team when the national championship was all but handed to them.

WOW are we really talking about football here?

Pitt Gorilla
03-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Better team?? Obviously last night they were. But if you really think Bradley is a better team than Kansas then you got some problems.Really? Bradley handled Kansas for the entire game; it wasn't like they snuck up on them and beat them with a last second shot. How else would you compare them if not head to head? RPI? How their conferences fare in the post season? You tell me.

|Zach|
03-18-2006, 05:37 PM
How else would you compare them if not head to head? RPI? How their conferences fare in the post season? You tell me.

WilliamTheIrish
03-18-2006, 05:54 PM
"They don't know they're supposed to lose games like this."

LOL

Calcountry
03-18-2006, 09:46 PM
LAST 10 YEARS

2006: Self loses to Bradley in the first round: I'm pissed, no championship11 straight appearances, 2 final four appearances with one runner up. E Eight and sweet sixteens? What the heck do you want to be, Duke?

Saulbadguy
03-18-2006, 10:09 PM
11 straight appearances, 2 final four appearances with one runner up. E Eight and sweet sixteens? What the heck do you want to be, Duke?
It's hilarious when KU fans compare KU to Duke, UConn, and Kentucky when all of those teams have won a title since KU won their title*. KU is just like the Chiefs..win a lot of regular season games, and choke when it matters.

leviw
03-18-2006, 10:50 PM
It's hilarious when KU fans compare KU to Duke, UConn, and Kentucky when all of those teams have won a title since KU won their title*. KU is just like the Chiefs..win a lot of regular season games, and choke when it matters.

Exactly. But so many people find solace with ole Roy because, by golly, he got us all the way to that galdarn Sweet 16 before he chocked it away. Dadgummit.

Ultra Peanut
03-19-2006, 05:06 AM
11 straight appearances, 2 final four appearances with one runner up. E Eight and sweet sixteens? What the heck do you want to be, Duke?Some people are never happy.

I can't imagine the wrist slitting if KU had ended up with a Tic Price kind of guy instead of Self... how does eight years without an NCAA appearance sound to you?

Saulbadguy
03-19-2006, 08:05 AM
Exactly. But so many people find solace with ole Roy because, by golly, he got us all the way to that galdarn Sweet 16 before he chocked it away. Dadgummit.
Is that called "being content"? ;)

Bearcat
03-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Some people are never happy.

I can't imagine the wrist slitting if KU had ended up with a Tic Price kind of guy instead of Self... how does eight years without an NCAA appearance sound to you?

Yeah, sometimes I actually agree with Jason Whitlock... it's creepy.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/14133305.htm

Kansas fans may be too spoiled if they can’t appreciate season

JASON WHITLOCK

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — It’s really rather sad.
While Kansas State and Missouri jockey for position in the battle to hire the hard-living, cigar-smoking, junior-college-exploiting basketball coach who really wants to land at UNLV, Bill Self is somewhere apologizing for winning 25 games, the Big 12 regular-season and postseason crowns, and losing to a good Bradley squad in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

Hmm. Bob Huggins is the most-wanted coach in the Big 12. Bill Self (along with Kelvin Sampson) is the most underappreciated.
And you wonder why I believe the Big Dance is overemphasized? You wonder what’s terribly wrong with college athletics? You wonder why I prefer college football’s system?

At least winning your conference crown still means a little something in college football. Bracketologists, the RPI and all the TV experts have devalued all but the last three weekends of the college basketball season.

Bill Self committed the crime of bowing out the first Friday of the first weekend for the second year in a row. The fallout is predictable. An outstanding regular season has been rendered irrelevant in the minds of spoiled Kansas fans.

“Fans are fans,” Self said Saturday morning as he prepared to fly back to Lawrence with his team. “I’ve said this many times: If I didn’t expect there to be fallout when you don’t perform well, then I shouldn’t have taken the job.”

Self went on to say: “The fans can be upset with the coaches or whatever, but they should be proud of this team. If they’re not proud of this team, they’re not Kansas fans.”

Oh, they’re Kansas fans. They’re typical college basketball fans. They’ve been conditioned to believe that winning two or three games in the NCAA Tournament is far more important than winning 13 games in your conference or putting easy-to-embrace players on the court.
My No. 1 concern when Self replaced Roy Williams was whether Self would be able to recruit the kind of “good” (which is far from perfect) kids who were the staple of Williams’ program.

Self has done that. This year’s squad was extremely likable. Brandon Rush, the team’s most talented player, is cursed by his unselfish nature. There was a fear going into the season that the team might fracture over playing time. It didn’t happen. I’m sure C.J. Giles wasn’t real happy with his playing time or role, but he didn’t bring any negativity onto the court. He remained supportive of his teammates. Senior Jeff Hawkins settled into an extremely important reserve role. Julian Wright battled out of the doghouse to become a key starter. Christian Moody handled his diminished role with the kind of class we’ve come to expect from him.

With Rush’s announcement that he’ll return for at least another season, it’s clear Self has laid a marvelous foundation for future success. The Jayhawks and North Carolina Tar Heels should be the top-rated teams headed into next season.

This season began with reasonable experts predicting that the Jayhawks would be lucky to win 19 or 20 games this season. The only rational conclusion is that this season was extremely successful.
But fans are rarely rational. They’re fanatical. And the fanatics won’t be satisfied with anything less than a Final Four appearance next season. Rather than fight the unrealistic demands, Self has pretty much given in to them.

“These guys have a chance to come back next year and try to make amends as much as we can,” he said.

Make amends for what? Winning the Big 12?

Kansas fans are owed nothing more than what they received this year. A good group of kids played an exciting brand of basketball.
Now, I would like to see Self tweak his halfcourt offense and occasionally mix in some full-court defensive pressure. Other than that, Self doesn’t need to change a thing. This season couldn’t have gone any better.

OldTownChief
03-19-2006, 08:22 AM
This season couldn’t have gone any better.

Had that been his first statement I'd have stopped reading right there.

Bearcat
03-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Had that been his first statement I'd have stopped reading right there.
I think it should have been along the lines of Had we known what was going to happen back in November, we would have sounded spoiled asking for more.

gblowfish
03-19-2006, 08:33 AM
I'd have a bit more respect for KU if they would play Wichita State next year. That way they'd have a chance to measure themselves against the best team in Kansas. I guess WSU would have to see if they have an opening on their busy schedule.

Andoverer
03-19-2006, 08:38 AM
I'd have a bit more respect for KU if they would play Wichita State next year. That way they'd have a chance to measure themselves against the best team in Kansas. I guess WSU would have to see if they have an opening on their busy schedule.

Pitt Gorilla
03-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Better team?? Obviously last night they were. But if you really think Bradley is a better team than Kansas then you got some problems.You still don't think Bradley is the better team? KU may have more talented individuals, but that doesn't make them a better TEAM.

WilliamTheIrish
03-19-2006, 12:28 PM
You still don't think Bradley is the better team? KU may have more talented individuals, but that doesn't make them a better TEAM.

I disagree. Marcellus Summerville and O'bryant are better players than anybody on the KU squad.

Summerville absolutley worked anybody who was supposed to be checking him.

Kaun, Giles better than O'Bryant? Uh... no.

Pitt Gorilla
03-19-2006, 12:30 PM
I disagree. Marcellus Summerville and O'bryant are better players than anybody on the KU squad.

Summerville absolutley worked anybody who was supposed to be checking him.

Kaun, Giles better than O'Bryant? Uh... no.I was trying to throw BSwhatever a bone. I agree that Sommerville and O'bryant are better than their KU counterparts.

WilliamTheIrish
03-19-2006, 12:32 PM
I was trying to throw BSwhatever a bone. I agree that Sommerville and O'bryant are better than their KU counterparts.

You don't need a bone.

It's like a carrot in front of donkey. He'll just keep walking and walking thinking : "I'm going to get that sucka."

banyon
03-19-2006, 03:48 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

wow.

That Karma is a bitch, huh?

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/ncb/2006/0319/photo/g_butler2_412.jpg

George Mason 65 UNC 60

Bearcat
03-19-2006, 03:50 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

wow.

That Karma is a bitch, huh?

I'm sure they're heartbroken that they only won one tournament game during their title-defending run after losing their top 7 scorers.

:spock:

banyon
03-19-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm sure they're heartbroken that they only won one tournament game during their title-defending run after losing their top 7 scorers.

:spock:

He was the one on here to stick it to Jayhawk fans.

I do think it's funny that his team folded right afterwards.

Baby Lee
03-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Oh, they’re Kansas fans. They’re typical college basketball fans. They’ve been conditioned to believe that winning two or three games in the NCAA Tournament is far more important than winning 13 games in your conference or putting easy-to-embrace players on the court.
Anyone remember? A few regular season wins, and likeable players, that was the EXACT standard Twit had for the Chiefs, right?

Right?

Bearcat
03-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Anyone remember? A few regular season wins, and likeable players, that was the EXACT standard Twit had for the Chiefs, right?

Right?

I hope it wasn't after the Colts/Chiefs playoff game, because the expectations between the two (this year's KU team & that year's Chiefs team) are worlds apart.

OldTownChief
03-19-2006, 04:23 PM
I hope it wasn't after the Colts/Chiefs playoff game, because the expectations between the two (this year's KU team & that year's Chiefs team) are worlds apart.

Two minutes before tip/kick off the expectations were strikingly familiar.

Bearcat
03-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Two minutes before tip/kick off the expectations were strikingly familiar.

True, but I can still look back on the Chiefs and say they were a failure because Vermiel had had 3 years to prove his system works, and did not get it to work in the 2 years after that either. Self has had one year with his own players, and hopefully he can prove his system works in the next couple of years.

SLAG
03-20-2006, 11:13 AM
True, but I can still look back on the Chiefs and say they were a failure because Vermiel had had 3 years to prove his system works, and did not get it to work in the 2 years after that either. Self has had one year with his own players, and hopefully he can prove his system works in the next couple of years.

Thats right buddy, Always next year... GO CHIEFS... I mean JAYHAWKS!