PDA

View Full Version : Saturday food... I'm smokin' me some ribs today!!!

Fried Meat Ball!
03-18-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm getting ready to fire up the smoker and smoke some pork ribs today... what's everybody else got going on this Saturday in March?

Count Zarth
03-18-2006, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure I have some bean dip left.

PastorMikH
03-18-2006, 10:45 AM
I've been itching to fire up the new smoker ever since I got it finished in Nov. Hopefully the state fire ban will be lifted before long so we can get going.

Tig O Bittys
03-18-2006, 10:46 AM
We have dinner steaks marinating right now going to grill them up for guess what.... dinner

Fried Meat Ball!
03-18-2006, 10:48 AM
I've been itching to fire up the new smoker ever since I got it finished in Nov. Hopefully the state fire ban will be lifted before long so we can get going.
What state?

Fried Meat Ball!
03-18-2006, 10:49 AM
We have dinner steaks marinating right now going to grill them up for guess what.... dinner
What are "dinner steaks" and what's the marinade?

And since your a n00b, charcoal or gas?

Tig O Bittys
03-18-2006, 10:53 AM
What are "dinner steaks" and what's the marinade?

And since your a n00b, charcoal or gas?

Im not really sure what they are... thats just what the sticker said on the meat when we bought them they said "Dinner Steak" its marinating in some Lawrys - lime mesquite marinade mixed with some seasoning and KC masterpeice brown sugar bbq sauce and some beer

and we only use a charcoal grill

PastorMikH
03-18-2006, 10:53 AM
What state?

Oklahoma. We've had a state-wide burning ban in effect since December. The only outdoor cooking allowed is on Propane grills. Even charcoal isn't accepted.

I have a rick of Applewood, two smokers, a bunch of people wanting ribs, we just need moisture to lift the ban.

StcChief
03-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Corned Beef roast, cabbage, potatos, carrots.

Didn't have it yesterday.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Oklahoma. We've had a state-wide burning ban in effect since December. The only outdoor cooking allowed is on Propane grills. Even charcoal isn't accepted.

I have a rick of Applewood, two smokers, a bunch of people wanting ribs, we just need moisture to lift the ban.
Ah, that sucks. I'm using alder wood today... never used it before. I understand it's fairly mild, though.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Ribs cookin' up nice.... I'm starting to drool.

PastorMikH
03-18-2006, 09:58 PM
So, how did the ribs turn out?

Dunit35
03-19-2006, 12:20 AM
What did I do today?

I went to Enid, OK with some of my family, walked around in Wal-Mart, Lowes, Atwoods and the mall. Played ski-ball (the greatest arcade game ever).

BIG K
03-19-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm getting ready to fire up the smoker and smoke some pork ribs today... what's everybody else got going on this Saturday in March?

I bar-b-que dinner about four nights a week. I bought my first smoker in January, but have yet to use it, been too busy to read the directions I guess. Looking forward to using it though. Feel free to throw any advice on using smoker's my way....

:)

luv
03-19-2006, 12:43 AM
I bar-b-que dinner about four nights a week. I bought my first smoker in January, but have yet to use it, been too busy to read the directions I guess. Looking forward to using it though. Feel free to throw any advice on using smoker's my way....

Can you smoke tri-tips? Maybe that's why you haven't used it. :p

BIG K
03-19-2006, 12:49 AM
Can you smoke tri-tips? Maybe that's why you haven't used it. :p

Yes, you can. When my wife died, her step dad gave me and my girl 6 Tri-tips that he had smoked. Oh my gosh, they were even better than when I 'que em. (Enormous pain typing that!) He used a smoker when he had us up for Thanksgiving one year. It was the best turkey I have ever had. Do they have turkey where you live?...... :p

luv
03-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Yes, you can. When my wife died, her step dad gave me and my girl 6 Tri-tips that he had smoked. Oh my gosh, they were even better than when I 'que em. (Enormous pain typing that!) He used a smoker when he had us up for Thanksgiving one year. It was the best turkey I have ever had. Do they have turkey where you live?...... :p
Yes, there are men in Missouri.

QuikSsurfer
03-19-2006, 01:24 AM
man.... :drool: how did the ribs turn out??

BIG K
03-19-2006, 01:34 AM
Yes, there are men in Missouri.

On an unrelated note, I just watched Deliverance....

luv
03-19-2006, 01:35 AM
On an unrelated note, I just watched Deliverance....
:rolleyes:

:p

Ari Chi3fs
03-19-2006, 01:43 AM

welcome to the board, Tig O'Bittys... by the way, are you Irish? cuz your name sounds Irish.

Tig O Bittys
03-19-2006, 01:46 AM
welcome to the board, Tig O'Bittys... by the way, are you Irish? cuz your name sounds Irish.

thanks for the fuzzy feelings..

I have been known to be located in some irish from time to time

Ari Chi3fs
03-19-2006, 01:48 AM

Well then, Top O' the morning to ya. :)

btw, I just had some sunday food... a bowl of Frosted Flakes... at 3am, yummy.

Simplex3
03-19-2006, 01:53 AM

Welcome.

SLAG
03-19-2006, 01:55 AM
Welcome.

ROFL

:clap:

a good fitting welcome

Fried Meat Ball!
03-19-2006, 06:37 AM
Still burpin' the ribs... good stuff... the bark turned out better than I'd ever done them before, but they were still a *little* tough -- I'm guessing the colder air screwed up my normal smoke times... oh well. Unfortunately, I had to "finish" them in the oven. But they were good anyway. New rub was pretty damn spicy, too.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-19-2006, 06:39 AM

What kind of smoker you got, BIG K? There are a TON of guys around here that are more than willing to offer up their smoking advice.