PDA

View Full Version : Raiders to bring in A. Brooks.

Kclee
03-18-2006, 10:53 AM
per KFFL

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Raiders | Team tentatively scheduled to visit with A. Brooks
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 08:10:17 -0800

Jerry McDonald, of the Oakland Tribune, reports the Oakland Raiders have tentatively scheduled a visit with free agent QB Aaron Brooks (Saints) Tuesday, March 21. He will arrive in Oakland Monday evening March 20. A Raiders source said a visit with Brooks had not been finalized. The Raiders are expected to have serious discussions with Brooks. Mason Ashe, the agent for Brooks, told the New Orleans Times-Picayune Brooks wanted a chance to be a starter as well as the best overall opportunity. "We just want to find a team that wants him, that's the first thing," Ashe said. "We'll do what's best for him. He can help a number of teams, and he's a proven starting quarterback in this league."

nychief
03-18-2006, 10:54 AM
This is getting sad in Oakland.

Art Shell head coach, then Aaron Brooks at QB.

chief52
03-18-2006, 10:55 AM
per KFFL

Jerry McDonald, of the Oakland Tribune, reports the Oakland Raiders have tentatively scheduled a visit with free agent QB Aaron Brooks (Saints) Tuesday, March 21. He will arrive in Oakland Monday evening March 20. A Raiders source said a visit with Brooks had not been finalized. The Raiders are expected to have serious discussions with Brooks. Mason Ashe, the agent for Brooks, told the New Orleans Times-Picayune Brooks wanted a chance to be a starter as well as the best overall opportunity. "We just want to find a team that wants him, that's the first thing," Ashe said. "We'll do what's best for him. He can help a number of teams, and he's a proven starting quarterback in this league."

I like Brooks. It would not surprise me if the Raiders sign him and then draft a QB of the future. I think Brooks could carry the torch very well for a couple of years...unfortunately.

StcChief
03-18-2006, 10:55 AM
ROLF Brookes - I would look forward to seeing him twice a year.

Hoover
03-18-2006, 11:00 AM
I think its a smart move for the Raiders.

Over-Head
03-18-2006, 11:16 AM
What I canít understand is why they brag about Tui in the practice squad but yet donít seem to realize heís even on the team.
I mean letís at least be subjective for 1 second.
Last season during the only game he played we got scorched.
Why?
It sure as hell wasnít his lack of trying.
The man got sacked 6 fugging times.
WHY?
Because our linemen just gave up.
Our season was over, they had nothing to gain, so they did a half assed job of getting Tui beat up.And making sure they got Collins back in to finish our downward spiral.

He did have both good and bad moments in that game.
Whats going to happen to him is a long career as a back up until some one gives him a chance.
Thatís my 2 cents anyway.

Were gonna get trashed next season, Iíve already resigned my self to that.:banghead:

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 11:17 AM
What about Tuiasosososospposoppo?

Deberg_1990
03-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Brooks is the Classic Al Davis QB. A gunslinger with a 2 cent head. Sure, Brooks will make the highlight reels every now and then, but hes NOT a winner. He doesnt do the little things that win you games.

JBucc
03-18-2006, 12:21 PM
He could be pretty good in Oak imo. He had some good years in NO just made stupid decisions all the time. But with the recievers the faiders have he doesn't have to think he can just chuck it downfield. Probably not a long term solution but better than what they got.

Blackened
03-18-2006, 12:23 PM
What about Tuiasosososospposoppo?

He sucks balls...

..At this point most viable options have dried up, so why not
sign Brooks and let him battle it out with Walter for #1. If the Raiders do draft a QB
in the first round, which I am NOT a proponent of, then Tui gets released.
Either way we need a game tested vet in the mix, and right now who would
you rather have... Brooks or JGeorge?
The Raiders could do some major damage in the draft this year with the picks they have..
but....well, I wont get my hopes up....

Bwana
03-18-2006, 12:29 PM
ROLF Brookes - I would look forward to seeing him twice a year.

Likewise. The guy is about as smart as bait.

Mr. Kotter
03-18-2006, 12:59 PM
I can see that....he'd fit there.

milkman
03-18-2006, 01:49 PM
What I canít understand is why they brag about Tui in the practice squad but yet donít seem to realize heís even on the team.
I mean letís at least be subjective for 1 second.
Last season during the only game he played we got scorched.
Why?
It sure as hell wasnít his lack of trying.
The man got sacked 6 fugging times.
WHY?
Because our linemen just gave up.
Our season was over, they had nothing to gain, so they did a half assed job of getting Tui beat up.And making sure they got Collins back in to finish our downward spiral.

He did have both good and bad moments in that game.
Whats going to happen to him is a long career as a back up until some one gives him a chance.
Thatís my 2 cents anyway.

Were gonna get trashed next season, Iíve already resigned my self to that.:banghead:

I didn't know Raider fans could put 2 cents together! :)

chief52
03-18-2006, 02:16 PM
I didn't know Raider fans could put 2 cents together! :)

He probably stole both of them...

jspchief
03-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Brooks will be more dangerous than Kerry Collins was.

Frankie
03-18-2006, 02:33 PM
This is getting sad in Oakland.

Art Shell head coach, then Aaron Brooks at QB.
Actually Brooks is my second choice for backup QB. My first was Ramsey who the Jets stole for a mere 6th. :banghead: Thanks Carl!

Blackened
03-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Brooks will be more dangerous than Kerry Collins was.

That would not be a hard goal to achieve!!

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Is Jeff Hostetler still around?

Kclee
03-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Is Jeff Hostetler still around?

Him or Vince Evans.

Sure-Oz
03-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Brooks still is a **** up, he was good early on but man he has made some stupid ass mistakes.

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Him or Vince Evans.

ROFL

johnson&green
03-18-2006, 04:01 PM
I dont think a. brooks is really that bad. Didnt have much of a team in New Orleans.

CoMoChief
03-18-2006, 04:04 PM
I dont think a. brooks is really that bad. Didnt have much of a team in New Orleans.

He had a nice running game to go along with a nice WR core. Not too many QBs have that. His Oline wasnt the best.

Cochise
03-18-2006, 05:00 PM
His 15 rushing YPG doesn't worry anyone when coupled with his QB rating in the 70s and his fade at midseason every year.

Perhaps the most telling factor - he's not good enough to keep the QB job with the Saints.

whoman69
03-18-2006, 05:51 PM
And at the same time the Chiefs re-sign Damon Huard. I think I can throw the ball better than that worthless sack...

johnson&green
03-18-2006, 06:01 PM
chiefs should go after A. Brooks

Garcia Bronco
03-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Brooks is pretty good....I bet he could hit Moss all day long.

Garcia Bronco
03-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Brooks is the Classic Al Davis QB. A gunslinger with a 2 cent head. Sure, Brooks will make the highlight reels every now and then, but hes NOT a winner. He doesnt do the little things that win you games.

He's also being playing football in a lazy atmosphere. While Oakland might not be the best choice....get him better coaching and he could be dangerous.

Spicy McHaggis
03-18-2006, 11:01 PM
If I were a Fade fan I would rather see Andrew Walter at the helm than Aaron Brooks.

Halfcan
03-18-2006, 11:24 PM
Albert Brooks can throw better.

Frankie
03-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Albert Brooks can throw better.
Actually even Mel Brooks.

Inspector
03-20-2006, 08:33 AM
per KFFL

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

"We just want to find a team that wants him"

Aaron and I have something in common. I'm looking for the same thing.

Amnorix
03-20-2006, 08:56 AM
Brooks = teh suck