PDA

View Full Version : I think I know what is going on RE: Cheifs FA's

DenverChief
03-18-2006, 09:22 PM
It just dawned upon me the otherday that there is little interest in Ty Law, Charles Woodson and no interest in EW. CP is content just sitting back waiting for all the other FA's to get snapped up for big contracts and then later on when teams have filled most if not all of their positions they were going to fill through FA, CP can get whats remaining for cheaper than if he had signed them earlier. Assuming Law and Woodson generate little to no interest that is some bargaining power for contract negotiations with them (TL, CW) and possibly may allow us to re-sign EW to a much smaller contract that what he was at before (say league minimum) ...what ye think?

Rain Man
03-18-2006, 09:23 PM
That'll work like a charm as long as no one else signs anybody.

Ebolapox
03-18-2006, 09:23 PM
aka, the new england patriots model of free agency

Rain Man
03-18-2006, 09:24 PM
What's with the ... unusual ... sig video, DC?

Sure-Oz
03-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Is that Jack Bauer?

DenverChief
03-18-2006, 09:26 PM

That video is linked to a website for zootedgranny I believe and I keep it in there for the Chiefs clips and sometimes bizzare stuff that s/he does.....but I wish s/he would change this one :spock:

Rausch
03-18-2006, 09:27 PM
It just dawned upon me the otherday that there is little interest in Ty Law, Charles Woodson and no interest in EW. CP is content just sitting back waiting for all the other FA's to get snapped up for big contracts and then later on when teams have filled most if not all of their positions they were going to fill through FA, CP can get whats remaining for cheaper than if he had signed them earlier. Assuming Law and Woodson generate little to no interest that is some bargaining power for contract negotiations with them (TL, CW) and possibly may allow us to re-sign EW to a much smaller contract that what he was at before (say league minimum) ...what ye think?

Look at it this way: if your CB choices in FA are Law, Woodson, and Warfield who do you think the first 2 preferences are?

If nothing else we get EW for a contract that's fitting.

At best we get Law or Woodson (both are upgrades.)

Worst case we spend our 1st/2nd on a corner...

mac58
03-18-2006, 09:28 PM
he who hesitates.... masturbates

Sure-Oz
03-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Or we get no CB at all and rely on Chris Horn to pull a Troy Brown.

Rausch
03-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Or we get no CB at all and rely on Chris Horn to pull a Troy Brown.

Chris Horn can't even pull a Sean Lachapelle...

Adept Havelock
03-18-2006, 09:35 PM

:clap: ROFL

That's because Casey Printers hasn't been throwing to him.

Sure-Oz
03-18-2006, 09:46 PM
The dude looks like he'd be on average joe's facing jerry rice in a competition. I bet he'd have way more success in arena league.

DenverChief
03-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Look at it this way: if your CB choices in FA are Law, Woodson, and Warfield who do you think the first 2 preferences are?

If nothing else we get EW for a contract that's fitting.

At best we get Law or Woodson (both are upgrades.)

Worst case we spend our 1st/2nd on a corner...

I completely agree and I think it is a hell of a strategy by CP I wish I was as smart as he ;)

Logical
03-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Sounds like something we can wish for but not expect to occur.

DenverChief
03-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Sounds like something we can wish for but not expect to occur.

so far I haven't heard anything as far as any interest in the 3 players...

BIG K
03-19-2006, 12:44 AM
so far I haven't heard anything as far as any interest in the 3 players...

Interesting since CB is usually a coveted position.

BTW Denver, I got ur message and yes, your codes are very similiar to the ones I used..What do you carry?

milkman
03-19-2006, 12:51 AM

BTW Denver, I got ur message and yes, your codes are very similiar to the ones I used..What do you carry?

What's up K?

Not really surprising.

I think most of the league has figured out that the corner position isn't as integral to defense's success today as it was even 5 years ago.

These corners that are looking for big FA money are not going to find the same market now.

BIG K
03-19-2006, 01:03 AM
What's up K?

Not really surprising.

I think most of the league has figured out that the corner position isn't as integral to defense's success today as it was even 5 years ago.

These corners that are looking for big FA money are not going to find the same market now.

Not much, good to hear from you.

Excellent viewpoint.

:)

DenverChief
03-19-2006, 01:06 AM

9mm Beretta...my partner is in the middle of searching the county offfices right now because of an open exterior door...probably just a county worker that forgot to close it but better safe than sorry...plus the fact that there is a door into the jail from the county offices :eek:

BIG K
03-19-2006, 01:13 AM
9mm Beretta...my partner is in the middle of searching the county offfices right now because of an open exterior door...probably just a county worker that forgot to close it but better safe than sorry...plus the fact that there is a door into the jail from the county offices :eek:

When we opened our new jail in 93', there was of course some 'minor' glitches. Everytime the power went out, before the generator's kicked in, the system would default and pop open all the exterior doors and sallyports! That was truly loads of laughs....
Does everyone in your department carry the 9? Our department is pretty open. You can pretty much carry anything. I carried a SIG .45 and a .357 snub as back up.

DenverChief
03-19-2006, 01:19 AM
When we opened our new jail in 93', there was of course some 'minor' glitches. Everytime the power went out, before the generator's kicked in, the system would default and pop open all the exterior doors and sallyports! That was truly loads of laughs....
Does everyone in your department carry the 9? Our department is pretty open. You can pretty much carry anything. I carried a SIG .45 and a .357 snub as back up.

Oh wow that sounds exciting...I always wondered if that would happen here during a power outage...thankfully it hasn't happened yet...and it is snowing like mad outside right now...about 6'' on the ground

we can only carry 9mm or 45 cal no 40 cal :(...I prefer the 9 because I got used to it from my military days...it does the trick and with 45 opportunities I figure I can't go wrong :P

BIG K
03-19-2006, 01:31 AM
Oh wow that sounds exciting...I always wondered if that would happen here during a power outage...thankfully it hasn't happened yet...and it is snowing like mad outside right now...about 6'' on the ground

we can only carry 9mm or 45 cal no 40 cal :(...I prefer the 9 because I got used to it from my military days...it does the trick and with 45 opportunities I figure I can't go wrong :P

That's cool. You have experience and that says alot. What bothered me about the rookies at our department was that they all chose the 9 because of so many shots availible. For the most part, each of them thought of the 'spray and pray' approach. This was very frustrating to me, as a range master. My gun carries 7 in the mag and 1 in the pipe. A total of 22 rounds with clips. Then again, I score 495 to 497 out of 500 every three months. It has in the past, been difficult to demonstrate to the youngsters that actually hitting your target the first, second and third time is what will keep you from being another statistic in the 'Officers fallen' group....

ZootedGranny
03-19-2006, 01:35 AM

That video is linked to a website for zootedgranny I believe and I keep it in there for the Chiefs clips and sometimes bizzare stuff that s/he does.....but I wish s/he would change this one :spock:

Hahahaha...sorry man, there won't be any Chiefs related clips whatsoever until the season starts. It'll only get wierder from here on out, so you may want to de-link it.

DenverChief
03-19-2006, 02:06 AM
Hahahaha...sorry man, there won't be any Chiefs related clips whatsoever until the season starts. It'll only get wierder from here on out, so you may want to de-link it.
I don't mind the bizzaro stuff but this one kinda creeped me out

DenverChief
03-19-2006, 02:08 AM
That's cool. You have experience and that says alot. What bothered me about the rookies at our department was that they all chose the 9 because of so many shots availible. For the most part, each of them thought of the 'spray and pray' approach. This was very frustrating to me, as a range master. My gun carries 7 in the mag and 1 in the pipe. A total of 22 rounds with clips. Then again, I score 495 to 497 out of 500 every three months. It has in the past, been difficult to demonstrate to the youngsters that actually hitting your target the first, second and third time is what will keep you from being another statistic in the 'Officers fallen' group....

Yeah I shot 36/40 first time 34/40 second time and 30/40 last time because it was like 20 degrees outside...I always seem to miss the most from the longer distances 15 yds +

BIG K
03-19-2006, 02:16 AM
Yeah I shot 36/40 first time 34/40 second time and 30/40 last time because it was like 20 degrees outside...I always seem to miss the most from the longer distances 15 yds +

Does your department employ the F.A.T.S. simulator? Whent through it when I was a rookie in '92. Pretty darn cool. The last time it was 30' degrees here and open range day, one of our deputies qualifying blew a hole through the roof of a cruiser pulling out the .12 guage. Lot's of paperwork but, nonetheless funny as hell.... :p

DenverChief
03-19-2006, 04:18 AM
Does your department employ the F.A.T.S. simulator? Whent through it when I was a rookie in '92. Pretty darn cool. The last time it was 30' degrees here and open range day, one of our deputies qualifying blew a hole through the roof of a cruiser pulling out the .12 guage. Lot's of paperwork but, nonetheless funny as hell.... :p

No we really are a podunk dept that is just growing out of being podunk...we have some high tech equip but nothing like F.A.T.S.....we qualify with our weapons quarterly

Ultra Peanut
03-19-2006, 04:45 AM
That video is linked to a website for zootedgranny I believe and I keep it in there for the Chiefs clips and sometimes bizzare stuff that s/he does.....but I wish s/he would change this one :spock:ZG is the second/third-coolest poster on the Planet. Kevin's prince, as it were, alongside Takawira.

Ultra Peanut
03-19-2006, 04:46 AM
Hahahaha...sorry man, there won't be any Chiefs related clips whatsoever until the season starts. It'll only get wierder from here on out, so you may want to de-link it.link pls

ZootedGranny
03-19-2006, 05:05 AM
I'm still thumbing through my mental rolodex for my next avatar. I have a hundred ideas, but they go beyond reasonable file sizes.

StcChief
03-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Sure seems like this is how Carl is playing the FA game.

Resign Warfield - I hope it does not come to that.

KC_John
03-19-2006, 09:48 AM
I think CP will go after one CB in the FA...maybe Law or Woodson if the price is right. I dont think Warfield will return. Any other CB will come from the draft. Just my 2 cents

Bowser
03-19-2006, 10:18 AM
We sign anybody worth a shit and I'll be pleasantly suprised.

Ultra Peanut
03-19-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm still thumbing through my mental rolodex for my next avatar. I have a hundred ideas, but they go beyond reasonable file sizes.I hate it when you shrink down and optimize a really nice gif and it's still too big...

chiefforlife
03-19-2006, 11:28 AM
So if we wait long enough and make sure no other team wants them, we can get them cheap. What a great strategy for saving money. How about a strategy for winning!!!

patteeu
03-19-2006, 11:52 AM
I hope you are right DenverChief and I hope that lack of interest does drive down the price of guys like Law, Woodson, and Warfield. It sounds like a good strategy to me and it sounds like one that Carl Peterson would embrace. :thumb:

58-4ever
03-19-2006, 11:53 AM
So if we wait long enough and make sure no other team wants them, we can get them cheap. What a great strategy for saving money. How about a strategy for winning!!!

nOOb

milkman
03-19-2006, 11:55 AM
nOOb

That is funny as hell, n00b! ROFL