PDA

View Full Version : City wide smoking ban!

Bowser
03-19-2006, 11:01 AM
No smoking in parks, on the sidewalk, outdoor restaurnts, or even in the breezeways of apartment buildings! Can't imagine anything like this passing in the Midwest.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060319/ap_on_re_us/smoking_ban

go bowe
03-19-2006, 11:02 AM
linky no worky...

Bowser
03-19-2006, 11:04 AM
linky no worky...

Works fine for me? :shrug:

It's on the front page of Yahoo if the link is not linking.

Spicy McHaggis
03-19-2006, 11:05 AM
"But if a nonsmoker asks a smoker to stop, the smoker must snuff it or face a possible fine in the hundreds of dollars or even a lawsuit."

Yeah awesome. That's what we need in California, more frivolous lawsuits.

BigMeatballDave
03-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Good. Why don't they just ban tobacco? Oh, yeah. State and Federal revenues...

JBucc
03-19-2006, 12:14 PM
CALABASAS

Skip Towne
03-19-2006, 12:18 PM
I'll stay clear of that burg. Sounds like the Fourth Reich is in charge.

DaneMcCloud
03-19-2006, 01:18 PM

Actually, Calabasas is an extremely nice city, very clean and just a canyon away from Malibu (and Pepperdine University, which overlooks Malibu & the Pacific Ocean). The median home in Calabasas is about $850k. It's a great place to raise a family, though with traffic, it's at least one hour from Downtown.

California generally leads in the nation in health issues, so the rest of country should prepare when it happens to their state.

plbrdude
03-19-2006, 02:51 PM
californy just ain't natrul.
maybe mr. rainman could do up a poll to see who believes that we're really living in a free country.

C-Mac
03-19-2006, 03:01 PM
californy just ain't natrul.
maybe mr. rainman could do up a poll to see who believes that we're really living in a free country.

All due respect, but there have been times that I didn't want to breath someone else's second hand smoke, yet I was left without a choice.
Goes both ways IMO.

kepp
03-19-2006, 03:17 PM
I lived in Calabasas for a couple years...its a nice place. That's where Nick & Jessica (among other celebrities) made their home. They were in a gated community and I heard that Dr. Dre was there also.

plbrdude
03-19-2006, 03:37 PM
All due respect, but there have been times that I didn't want to breath someone else's second hand smoke, yet I was left without a choice.
Goes both ways IMO.

i'm a former smoker so i've got to experience it both ways. just think the whole citywide ban is a bit much. mho though

QuikSsurfer
03-19-2006, 04:34 PM
No smoking in parks, on the sidewalk, outdoor restaurnts, or even in the breezeways of apartment buildings! Can't imagine anything like this passing in the Midwest.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060319/ap_on_re_us/smoking_ban

ridiculous :shake:

Cochise
03-19-2006, 04:55 PM
When you smoke on the sidewalk you smoke with hitler!

C-Mac
03-19-2006, 04:56 PM
i'm a former smoker so i've got to experience it both ways. just think the whole citywide ban is a bit much. mho though

I'm a former smoker also and though I do respect others choices, I personally cannot see where equal respect can be given unless there was a ban in every "public" place where people gather. If there were designated areas for smoking that would not entrude on my choice, I wouldnt have as much an issue. But sadly, very few are the rooms that actually trap the smoke, therefore allowing smoke to travel into areas that's meant for non-smoking.

Simplex3
03-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Worse. UC Berekely grads.