PDA

View Full Version : Car from OVERHAULIN sold on Ebay

C-Mac
03-19-2006, 06:24 PM
This is probably old news, but I just found out.
I dont know why this should bother me, but this is one of my favorite shows. They usually pick people who LOVE their particular cars till death do them part. They are passionate even though their long term projects could never get started or finished... you know the kind. There almost family heirlooms that are passed down thru a will. This is why I think the Overhaulin' folks should maybe just be doing older cars like 70's and older. Seems this gal was a different breed of car enthusiast.

Overhauln Mustang (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.co m%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D4606307332%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1&item=4606307332)

Pants
03-19-2006, 06:47 PM
How ****ing lame. :shake:

big nasty kcnut
03-19-2006, 06:49 PM
That just wrong she must have not cared about the car too much. I say rebuilt a car for any vets female who do love their cars or guys. This chick lost a good thing.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, cus I'd rather have an extra 50 grand than a spare car.

meStevo
03-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Was talking with a friend the other day, he said that a lot of the people who are on that Pimp My Ride show have to sell/ebay their car afterwards because they have to pay taxes on all the crap they put in the car and cant afford to.

C-Mac
03-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Was talking with a friend the other day, he said that a lot of the people who are on that Pimp My Ride show have to sell/ebay their car afterwards because they have to pay taxes on all the crap they put in the car and cant afford to.

There is some truth to the tax part, below is a Overhaulin disclaimer:

Disclaimer: Applicant agrees to pay all federal, state, and local taxes, including income, use or sales taxes or any other governmental charges imposed on prizes, including the value of any goods or services received and cash gifts, if any, given to me or received by me by reason of my participation in the program and I release and indemnify producer from any liability therefore. I also authorize producer to deduct or withhold any such taxes or charges that require a payment prior to delivery of said prizes, cash or gifts.

Demonpenz
03-19-2006, 07:01 PM
You could just ask people to pay you to have the car in car shows

C-Mac
03-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, cus I'd rather have an extra 50 grand than a spare car.

..and you would use the money for what a new Pod Racer?

Demonpenz
03-19-2006, 07:03 PM
how much does the new usb pocket pussy cost

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2006, 07:09 PM
..and you would use the money for what a new Pod Racer?

I'd use it to take out a hit on your dumb ass.

andoman
03-19-2006, 07:30 PM
There is some truth to the tax part, below is a Overhaulin disclaimer:

Disclaimer: Applicant agrees to pay all federal, state, and local taxes, including income, use or sales taxes or any other governmental charges imposed on prizes, including the value of any goods or services received and cash gifts, if any, given to me or received by me by reason of my participation in the program and I release and indemnify producer from any liability therefore. I also authorize producer to deduct or withhold any such taxes or charges that require a payment prior to delivery of said prizes, cash or gifts.

So then the shows are all scripted?

If I had a older somewhat classic vehicle and that clown turned it into one of those hideous creations I'd sell it too.

Demonpenz
03-19-2006, 07:41 PM
I knew that show on tnn was probably scripted the first time they showed the truck to this 19 year old kid he looked like he didn't like it too much

dtebbe
03-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Foose is a F A G.

Troy Trepanier (http://www.radrides.com) has forgot more about hot rods than foose will ever know, and he actually builds his own cars.

Sort of like comparing the Orange County Chopper clowns with Jesse James. When was the last time you ever saw Paula pound out a tank from a piece of sheet metal?

DT

Now THIS is a ride..
http://www.radrides.com/gallery/chicayne/1.jpg

And this is what's under the hood.. yes kiddies, that's TWO hairdryers AND an A/C compressor!
http://www.radrides.com/gallery/chicayne/6.jpg

Baconeater
03-19-2006, 07:54 PM

No shit, I could buy a car that would wildly exceed my needs for less than half that.

C-Mac
03-19-2006, 08:03 PM
So then the shows are all scripted?

I dont believe they are scripted, heres the whole OVERHAULIN questionaire:

Do you know someone whose driveway junker is in need of some serious Overhaulin'?
Here's your chance to turn that clunker into a classic.
The producers are now in the process of casting the show for the next season. All the application instructions are outlined below. Please follow directions very carefully.

Please fill out and submit the online form in its entirety. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
An email version of your application will be emailed to you including a reference number.
Please print the email version of your application and mail it to the address listed in the email.
Send pictures of the following and provide details of each picture:
(a) Interior of car
(b) Exterior of car
(c) Full picture of car
(d) The "mark"
(e) The Accomplice (applications without pictures will not be accepted)
If you wish to send a video of the mark, it MUST be in VHS, DVD or DV format.
DO NOT send originals/one-of-a-kind photos, we cannot undertake returning them. (all pictures/video become property of BCII)
-The "mark" cannot know about this so, DO NOT TELL ANYONE.
-The car MUST be in running condition.
-We are accepting applications from all 50 states and Canada.
-NO applications, applicants or submissions will be accepted in person.
-No phone calls PLEASE.
-Improvements to the car generate tax obligations for the owner of the car.

C-Mac
03-19-2006, 08:11 PM
Foose is a F A G.

Troy Trepanier has forgot more about hot rods than foose will ever know, and he actually builds his own cars.

No ones claiming Chip Foose is the best designer ever, nor is Boyd Coddington, but they're far better then most and for some reason they have their own TV show.

Kerberos
03-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Foose is a F A G.

Troy Trepanier (http://www.radrides.com) has forgot more about hot rods than foose will ever know, and he actually builds his own cars.

DT
]

:BS: :BS: :BS: :BS: :BS: :BS:

I don't know about all that. Foose builds some pretty damn nice cars. If Troy Trepanqueer is so good how come he don't have his own show?

I have seen some of the stuff Foose has created from the ground up and he has WON MORE BEST IN SHOW awards, from the one SHOW they ALL claim is the most prestigious, than ANY other car builder/fabricator. If I am not mistaken it was like 8 of them and the competition ALL say Foose is the man to beat.

OR is that just more :BS: in your book?

Sorry pal but I don't agree with you. :shake:

BTW that car in your post ain't nothing special AT ALL! IMHO

Kerberos
03-21-2006, 07:14 AM
Sort of like comparing the Orange County Chopper clowns with Jesse James. When was the last time you ever saw Paula pound out a tank from a piece of sheet metal?

I really like Jesse James but I lost ALL respect for him when he sold out the marketing end of his buisness and now you can buy WestCoastChoppers T-Shirts at your local Wal-Mart. :shake:

To me that is a SELL out. They may not pound out tanks out of a piece of sheet metal at OCC but they didn't sell out thier name for $ either.

As much as I think Jesse James builds great choppers I would opt for an OCC chopper just because they haven't sold out....... YET! :D

jspchief
03-21-2006, 07:21 AM
I think I remember that episode and iirc, the lady that got the car was a total bitch. Her husband or boyfriend was pissed that they were going to put graphics on the car, and said she would hate it.

As for selling it, I can't really blame them. The average person gets their everday car turned into something they can no longer use for everyday use, and they probably can't afford to care for it properly either. Given the choice of driving the shit out of it, letting it go to hell, or selling it at it's peak value, I can see where a lot of people would choose to sell it.

Bob Dole
03-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Bob Dole sure is glad they chose her vehicle rather than the one Bob Dole submitted for a friend who was a car fanatic and body man who passed away about a month ago.

Cochise
03-21-2006, 07:31 AM
Unless you are super rich, the 50 grand would be worth more to you. Especially if you consider the taxes you'd have to pay and all.

Over-Head
03-21-2006, 07:47 AM
To me that is a SELL out. They may not pound out tanks out of a piece of sheet metal at OCC but they didn't sell out thier name for $ either........ YET! :D.
Do you smoke crack much?
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=OCC+apparel&spell=1
159,000 hits on OCC apparel, NOPE, no sell out there.

If you read the Tuttles (sp) biography, you'll soon discover one very startling thing.
That show was supposed to be a One off series, with a DIFFERENT BUILDER from upstae NH.
When the producers got there 2 days prior to the shoot, they discovered all this guy did was assemble aftermarket parts to create "customs".
They heard about Paul Sr., and his 2 son's, and the rest was history.

Jesse still could make kick ass bikes, just like Billy Lane, and many others.(RIP) Indian Larrry.
But why would he?
Monster Garage made him a load of cash, and he get's to sit home and bang Sandra Bullock. :drool:

For every goomba who get's on tv, there's a back yard builder making even better stuff for the love of building.

Take that orential guy who was on Biker Build-off, (not Chico, the other guy Matt I think was his name)
He made the one with the air ride suspension bike which **he HAD to sell in order to come up with enough coin to enter the next phase of build off.

**as expressed by himself in a later episode

Kerberos
03-21-2006, 08:01 AM
Do you smoke crack much?
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=OCC+apparel&spell=1
159,000 hits on OCC apparel, NOPE, no sell out there.

I'm sorry Jackass but I didn't see WALMART in that list.

If you are selling your name to a marketing company for 40Million and you can find your apparel in EVERY walmart from Oxnard to Bejing then I would consider that a SELL OUT ...Maybe it's just my thinking?

They sell LICENSES to sell their products. They didn't just sell out thier marketing ALLTOGETHER ..........YET.

:shake:

SDChief
03-21-2006, 08:04 AM
She probably wants to sell it to pay for the diamond earrings that she received neg feedback on for not paying. Not sure I'd buy ANYTHING from someone who had a -1 feedback score.

Brock
03-21-2006, 08:21 AM
:BS: :BS: :BS: :BS: :BS: :BS:

I don't know about all that. Foose builds some pretty damn nice cars. If Troy Trepanqueer is so good how come he don't have his own show?

I like Foose, but Trepanier is also a great custom car builder. Having a television show means nothing at all.

C-Mac
03-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Unless you are super rich, the 50 grand would be worth more to you. Especially if you consider the taxes you'd have to pay and all.

Doubt she would have put 50k in her pocket, I bet she still owed 30K+ to the bank just for original purchase of the car.

Ultra Peanut
03-21-2006, 08:52 AM
I saw a hideous orange truck from Pimp My Ride on eBay once... no bids. ROFL

Over-Head
03-21-2006, 08:52 AM

If you are selling your name to a marketing company for 40Million and you can find your apparel in EVERY walmart from Oxnard to Bejing then I would consider that a SELL OUT ...Maybe it's just my thinking?

They sell LICENSES to sell their products. They didn't just sell out thier marketing ALLTOGETHER ..........YET.

Ya best look a litle harder.
Bought TWO OCC hat's, and a fuggen bicycle at Christmass time doing errands for family members.
Now if selling an OCC bicycle "licensed or not" ain't a sell out, then WTF is?:hmmm:

foxman
03-21-2006, 09:23 AM
I am pretty sure the OCC bikes are at Walmart FWIW.

As far as that Builder Matt Cotch, his bikes go for over $200,000 if I remember correct but he only builds like one or two a year and that is part of the price. Seems like they mentioned that on one of the Biker Build offs. I missed them saying he had to sell that air suspension bike...that thing was smoken hot.

Most those guys with their own show are sell outs one way or another so please get a room your two.

Bob Dole
03-21-2006, 09:27 AM

Does it help any to know that they file suit against people who sell unlicensed OCC apparel?

Kerberos
03-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Does it help any to know that they file suit against people who sell unlicensed OCC apparel?

Jesse on the other hand would have no legal recourse for ANYONE that sells WCC stuff.

Jesse James SOLD his rights to marketing to a marketing company. THAT is a genuine sellout!

They (OCC) may very well sell to Wal-Mart but I am almost positive that they(OCC) control WHO sells thier stuff and grant licencing.

Ya best look a litle harder.
Bought TWO OCC hat's, and a fuggen bicycle at Christmass time doing errands for family members.
Now if selling an OCC bicycle "licensed or not" ain't a sell out, then WTF is?:hmmm:

I guess your walmart is special cause I have seen WCC bicycles but never any OCC's?

BUT... If walmart is selling them its because they got license from OCC marketing and not some Company that they (OCC) sold off thier marketing rights to. THAT is a sell out IMHO!

morphius
03-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Jesse on the other hand would have no legal recourse for ANYONE that sells WCC stuff.

Jesse James SOLD his rights to marketing to a marketing company. THAT is a genuine sellout!

They (OCC) may very well sell to Wal-Mart but I am almost positive that they(OCC) control WHO sells thier stuff and grant licencing.

I guess your walmart is special cause I have seen WCC bicycles but never any OCC's?

BUT... If walmart is selling them its because they got license from OCC marketing and not some Company that they (OCC) sold off thier marketing rights to. THAT is a sell out IMHO!

They are both probably considerd sell outs in the bikers circle. Especially when you look at the fact that many of the OCC crap is on beat up old minivans with people who have no chance to afford one of their bikes. I mean hell, they even have a video game. I have a strong feeling that Jesse just said, "**** I hate this crap, I need someone to take this crappy marketing stuff for me".

not like a damn bit of it matters.

Cochise
03-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Someone on a TV show is a sellout? Who the hell cares? The guy got a once in a lifetime opportunity and he made the most of it.

Bike building shows are not going to be a fad forever. Pretty soon, white trash America will find something else to wear. The only way he could come out of this looking like an idiot would be if he didn't make his money before the 15 minutes were over.

As far as the American Chopper people, there is OCC crap on the shelves at QuikTrip too.

I wish I had a chance for armchair businessmen to call me a sellout.

sedated
03-21-2006, 10:39 AM
They are both sellouts.

They took advantage of a situation to make an ass-load of money and secure the futures of them and their families. You'd do the same and you know it.

get over it.

C-Mac
03-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Just watched OverHaulin tonite with the Olds Convertible, wow...great ride and show.
I doubt that car will be showing up on Ebay anytime soon.