PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever hear racoons fighting?

Demonpenz
03-20-2006, 01:18 AM
yes no

greg63
03-20-2006, 01:23 AM
no.

Otter
03-20-2006, 02:36 AM
OK, I give up;

why the hell do you want to know the sounds of racoons fighting?

And for a moment let's say someone said "yes"...exactly how were you going to compare the sounds over the BB?

[punches self in the nose for asking]

Demonpenz
03-20-2006, 02:39 AM
because i thought there were some fighting yesterday it was blood curdling i thought maybe an animal got ran over and it was dying.

Otter
03-20-2006, 02:40 AM
lol, ok curiosity got the better of me

guess I never did answer your question; i don't know what it sounds like.

Blackened
03-20-2006, 06:01 AM
I cant ever remember a time that my blood has curdled...what's that like?

Inspector
03-20-2006, 06:53 AM
They were fighting over Mr. FAX.

Those love triangles can get ugly - especially with anyone wearing a mask.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-20-2006, 07:04 AM
they have or will have little ones about this time, so nobody better mess with momma

KC Jones
03-20-2006, 07:34 AM
because i thought there were some fighting yesterday it was blood curdling i thought maybe an animal got ran over and it was dying.

Yeah - I walked in on a fight between some cats and a racoon once. The cats won believe it or not. I heard these bizaare noises and ran downstairs. I saw the racoon jump through out the window and standing there calmly licking his paws was my roomates oversized tomcat. Huge tufts of gray fur were all over the house. It looked like that coon got a serious trim. Two other cats were in the room at the time so I assumed they helped too.

Iowanian
03-20-2006, 08:11 AM
I have.

I've seen it in the timber, and a couple of years ago at a state park while camping with some buddies....we were robbed by those bastages. Racoons the size of polar bears raided our camp and rubbed against my tent a foot from my head....and they were fighting at times in the night.

They growl, hiss and raise holy hell when they're really getting at it.

Bwana
03-20-2006, 08:53 AM
They were fighting over Mr. FAX.

Those love triangles can get ugly - especially with anyone wearing a mask.
This is the one stocking poor Mr. Fax. :shake:

Fish
03-20-2006, 11:41 AM
I had a pet racoon back in the day.... and yes they can make some very bizarre noises, especially when they're scared or angry. They will purr, hiss, growl, and make a crying noise almost like a baby. Fun pets to have on the farm though......

MOhillbilly
03-20-2006, 11:57 AM
I put Moxie on a boarcoon when she was about 14 months old.
That coon made a screaming sound like a cat being eaten or a wild rabbit.

first time id ever heard one make that sound.