PDA

View Full Version : KU Introducing Your Kansas Jayhawks!!!

OldTownChief
03-20-2006, 06:56 AM
Introducing Your Kansas Jayhawks!!!

OldTownChief
03-20-2006, 06:57 AM
YEAH

Ari Chi3fs
03-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Introducing your Mizzou Tigers.

http://www.gregpurcell.com/shit.jpg

Dartgod
03-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Introducing Your Kansas Jayhawks!!!

http://www.cpfeifer.org/archives/choking-old.jpg

Saulbadguy
03-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Nice sig you got there, OldtownChief.

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 09:44 AM
http://www.cpfeifer.org/archives/choking-old.jpg
Ha Ha , ....... You have the word choker confused with this guy .

MU Big XII Final Standings
99-00 6th
00-01 6th
01-02 6th
02-03 Tied for 5th
03-04 6th
04-05 Tied for 8th
05-06 12th

http://www.firequinsnyder.com/images/quin2.jpg

Dartgod
03-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Ha Ha , ....... You have the word choker confused with this guy .

MU Big XII Final Standings
99-00 6th
00-01 6th
01-02 6th
02-03 Tied for 5th
03-04 6th
04-05 Tied for 8th
05-06 12th

http://www.firequinsnyder.com/images/quin2.jpgYou have the word choker confused with loser. You won't get any arguement from me that Quin was teh suk.

But I heard KU and Final Four in the same sentence too many times recently for that performance Friday night to be labeled as anything but a choke job.

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 10:06 AM
You have the word choker confused with loser. You won't get any arguement from me that Quin was teh suk.

But I heard KU and Final Four in the same sentence too many times recently for that performance Friday night to be labeled as anything but a choke job.

As young as they were, the draw they had , it was easy tosee why they could get there. Problem was, we didn't play like we were capable, the kids didn't bring it. Just like last year...... it sucks.

On to next year we go again.........

As for MU........ loser ? Yes, but Quinn choked to with some of the talent he had at MU.

Dartgod
03-20-2006, 10:25 AM
As young as they were, the draw they had , it was easy tosee why they could get there. Problem was, we didn't play like we were capable, the kids didn't bring it. Just like last year...... it sucks.

On to next year we go again.........

As for MU........ loser ? Yes, but Quinn choked to with some of the talent he had at MU.
Nah, Quin just did not know how to develop young talent.

ArrowheadHawk
03-20-2006, 10:43 AM
isn't it kinda sad that an MU's best day of the season is when another team loses, whats that say about there team?

Braincase
03-20-2006, 10:47 AM
isn't it kinda sad that an MU's best day of the season is when another team loses, whats that say about there team?

We're the one's wearing the bullseye. When you where the bullseye, a few shots are going to stick. Meanwhile the javelin-catchers adjacent to the target occassionally get to say, "Look! Somebody hit the bullseye!".

Tough loss. Go Shox!

Dartgod
03-20-2006, 10:54 AM
isn't it kinda sad that an MU's best day of the season is when another team loses, whats that say about there team?Isn't it kinda sad that the KU fans, after the Jayhawks underachieve in the Big Dance again, point at MU's failures rather than facing up to their own team's choke job? What's that say about them?

shakesthecat
03-20-2006, 11:00 AM
What I want to know is, did the sportswriter from Peoria who some of you emailed, reply back to you Friday night laughing his arse off?

You certainly deserved it.

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Isn't it kinda sad that the KU fans, after the Jayhawks underachieve in the Big Dance again, point at MU's failures rather than facing up to their own team's choke job? What's that say about them?

I bet it would be hard to find 1 Jayhawk fan that would start a thread about KU choking in the NCAA.

As for a MUron ? :hmmm: The cup runneth over.

Again, same as the MU Coach's thread......How is it that a Muron can sling mud at a KU fan after a loss but in reality a KU fan can't or better yet, at MU's short comings ?

Again, quality ...........

( Now we know why it's a rivalry ) :p

greg63
03-20-2006, 11:03 AM

...and their team also. :D

ArrowheadHawk
03-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Isn't it kinda sad that the KU fans, after the Jayhawks underachieve in the Big Dance again, point at MU's failures rather than facing up to their own team's choke job? What's that say about them?
i say its not a choke job Bradley is a great team way better than bucknell. ku is young and inexperienced. i still think 9 times out of ten ku would beat bradley. we just happened to get the one. Nerves caught up to this young team. oh well next year we will be a top 5 team

greg63
03-20-2006, 11:05 AM

Beat me to it Dartgod! :banghead: :D

beer bacon
03-20-2006, 11:07 AM
i say its not a choke job Bradley is a great team way better than bucknell. ku is young and inexperienced. i still think 9 times out of ten ku would beat bradley. we just happened to get the one. Nerves caught up to this young team. oh well next year we will be a top 5 team

I think that is pushing it to say nine times out of ten you would beat Bradley. The one time you played them you got your ass handed to you. Stop rationalizing the loss. I am a Mizzou fan that predicted KU would go to the Final Four. I was pretty disgusted with how badly they reverted.

greg63
03-20-2006, 11:11 AM

I think it's obviously clear that they're better then their seeding and equally clear that KU was looking past them.

dr00d
03-20-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm still got this image of my friend and I at the bar laughing...and laughing...and laughing...

Cochise
03-20-2006, 11:12 AM
i still think 9 times out of ten ku would beat bradley.

ROFL ROFL

Not even after a team takes it to KU will you admit that they are better.

You didn't get screwed. You didn't get cheated. You didn't have an unfair draw or anything else to complain about. Bradley was the better basketball team. They played tough defense, they were above 50% from 3-point range. They deserved the win in every way.

Only in America can you be a 1-and-done high seed bust two years in a row, and still claim you are still head and shoulders better than a team that beat you and is in the sweet 16.

Any college basketball team would have trouble beating any other 9 times out of 10, let alone one that only has a dubious claim to being better than the other team.

Someone call the poison control center, we have a kool-aide overdose in progess.

ArrowheadHawk
03-20-2006, 11:24 AM
ROFL ROFL

Not even after a team takes it to KU will you admit that they are better.

You didn't get screwed. You didn't get cheated. You didn't have an unfair draw or anything else to complain about. Bradley was the better basketball team. They played tough defense, they were above 50% from 3-point range. They deserved the win in every way.

Only in America can you be a 1-and-done high seed bust two years in a row, and still claim you are still head and shoulders better than a team that beat you and is in the sweet 16.

Any college basketball team would have trouble beating any other 9 times out of 10, let alone one that only has a dubious claim to being better than the other team.

Someone call the poison control center, we have a kool-aide overdose in progess.
i never said we got screwed or cheated i said our young guys got nervous on the big stage and a bradley team that had no pressure on them shot lights out look at their long range percentage in the mvc tournament they are not that good of three point shooting team they had a good night ku had a bad night thats all im saying. winning one game does not give you a dubious claim to being a better team. and why do you care so much are you a Bradley Allum? What business do you have in this discussion?

Pitt Gorilla
03-20-2006, 11:30 AM
i say its not a choke job Bradley is a great team way better than bucknell. ku is young and inexperienced. i still think 9 times out of ten ku would beat bradley. we just happened to get the one. Nerves caught up to this young team. oh well next year we will be a top 5 teamI know KU fans are arrogant, but this is just silly. Bradley is a great team, but KU would beat them 9 times out of 10? I'm guessing you'd probably win the 9 games by 20 points per game...

Pitt Gorilla
03-20-2006, 11:34 AM
winning one game does not give you a dubious claim to being a better team. Exactly.
ROFL

Cochise
03-20-2006, 11:37 AM
i never said we got screwed or cheated i said our young guys got nervous on the big stage and a bradley team that had no pressure on them shot lights out look at their long range percentage in the mvc tournament they are not that good of three point shooting team they had a good night ku had a bad night thats all im saying. winning one game does not give you a dubious claim to being a better team. and why do you care so much are you a Bradley Allum? What business do you have in this discussion?

You're the one that said you would win 9 games out of 10 against Bradley. Bradley's already got one, so you're saying that if KU and Bradley played 9 more times then KU would win all 9. Kansas couldn't even win two in a row against MU, or two in a row against K-State this year.

But you think Kansas is good enough to win 9 in a row against a sweet 16 team huh?

My business in this discussion is that you are having it on a public message board. You don't invite people into threads. If you say something retarded then someone is bound to call you on it.

Dartgod
03-20-2006, 11:40 AM
If you say something retarded then someone is bound to call you on it.You have hit upon the sole reason for my existence here.

WilliamTheIrish
03-20-2006, 11:43 AM
winning one game does not give you a dubious claim to being a better team.

And losing that one game gives you the dubious claim of .... what?

David.
03-20-2006, 11:47 AM
ahhh KU, they make me love college basketball more than my own team.

Skip Towne
03-20-2006, 12:00 PM
If MU or K-State ever make it to the Dance, I'm going to start a thread making fun of them when they lose. I probably won't have to worry about it for several years though, if ever.

jspchief
03-20-2006, 12:05 PM
If MU or K-State ever make it to the Dance, I'm going to start a thread making fun of them when they lose. I probably won't have to worry about it for several years though, if ever.If K-State or MU or any other fan ever spends as much time beating their chests as you and some of the other KU fans on this board do, then they'll deserve it.

WilliamTheIrish
03-20-2006, 12:08 PM
If K-State or MU or any other fan ever spends as much time beating their chests as you and some of the other KU fans on this board do, then they'll deserve it.

Oh yea??

well we've got tradition!!! We invented the game. We had phog allen. We invented the game!! You know how i know that??!! Cuz his name is on the court!!!

Juat don't ask me who Marcellus Sommerville is.

Stinger
03-20-2006, 12:17 PM
If MU or K-State ever make it to the Dance, I'm going to start a thread making fun of them when they lose. I probably won't have to worry about it for several years though, if ever.

Great prediction Skip ... oh, how did that whole Missouri Valley prediction work out? ROFL

Does anybody really believe the MVC can hold their own against tourney teams?

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3071013&postcount=70

Sure-Oz
03-20-2006, 12:31 PM
If K-State or MU or any other fan ever spends as much time beating their chests as you and some of the other KU fans on this board do, then they'll deserve it.
No crap, some of them are pretty bad, not all though.

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Rule # 1 KU, MU, KSU........dumb, dummer and dumbest.

Rule # 2 Which order do they go in now you ask ? See rule # 1 .

Just a little humor hear boys, don't take it serious, OK. ) ROFL

Bearcat
03-20-2006, 01:22 PM
winning one game does not give you a dubious claim to being a better team.

As WilliamTheIrish said, this goes out to you, too... Bradley, George Mason, etc; have all beaten two teams, so which is more logical: Kansas, UNC, Pittsburgh, etc; as well as all the schools that had close calls, all running into their 1/10 chance (or as someone else put it, 1/50) of playing poorly on the same weekend, or the mid majors they played actually being good?

Pittsburgh lost in the first round last year, and the sweet sixteen two years in a row before that, just so all of you anti-Jayhawk fans have more ammo before giving into the idea that Bradley has something to do with this...

Of course not.. why should random MU/KSU/general-KU-hating fan give into the fact that Bradley might be good, after two days of talking about how Kansas choked? Who cares if Pittsburgh played in much better conference than Kansas, and probably deserved a higher seed than Kansas.... they're chokers, too! They haven't given into how Bucknell is a #9 seed a year after they beat KU and won another tournament game this year... why give into rational thought now? Why???

Yes, it goes out to all the Kansas fans who are acting like we've lost to two high school teams two years in a row, too.... and to anyone who still has a hard time believing that the gap between the big and small conferences hasn't narrowed.

Ari Chi3fs
03-20-2006, 01:29 PM

Isnt it kinda sad that the MU fans, after years of complete suckage and zero final fours, again point to KU underachievement in the Big Dance, rather than focus on their own historical ineptitude? What that say about YOU?

4th and Long
03-20-2006, 01:32 PM
What's even more sad is the fact that Missouri fans have nothing at all to cheer about and resort to dishing out crap to a team with young talent that will, undoubtedly, beat the shit out of them again next year. :)

Cochise
03-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Isnt it kinda sad that the MU fans, after years of complete suckage and zero final fours, again point to KU underachievement in the Big Dance, rather than focus on their own historical ineptitude? What that say about YOU?

It merely says that there isn't anything more entertaining than to see the least humble get humbled.

David.
03-20-2006, 01:38 PM
What's even more sad is the fact that Missouri fans have nothing at all to cheer about and resort to dishing out crap to a team with young talent that will, undoubtedly, beat the shit out of them again next year. :)

lol, bradley

Cochise
03-20-2006, 01:39 PM

1-1 on the season = beating the shit out of us, eh?

Ari Chi3fs
03-20-2006, 01:39 PM
It merely says that there isn't anything more entertaining than to see the least humble get humbled.

heh. I agree. us KU elite ****ers can be pretty arrogant. At least we are all Chiefs fans... that keeps me kinda humble. :-) It would suck to have to be humble with every sports team, though.

Pitt Gorilla
03-20-2006, 01:41 PM
What's even more sad is the fact that Missouri fans have nothing at all to cheer about and resort to dishing out crap to a team with young talent that will, undoubtedly, beat the shit out of them again next year. :)That is an incredibly ignorant statement (it assumes a mutually exclusive relationship that simply does not have to exist). I'm a Missouri fan. I'm also a Northern Iowa fan. UNI got beat in a tough first round matchup, but Bradley and WSU are carrying the banner for the MVC. I was cheering loudly for both those teams this past weekend. I'm also watching SMS and Creighton play well in the NIT. The MVC is a league where rivalries exist, but most of the fans are great basketball fans and support the other teams. There's quite a bit to cheer about, even though I'm a Missouri fan.

Lzen
03-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Oh yea, just what we needed, another thread about that game. :rolleyes:

FTR, yes, Kansas choked. There, I said it. I'm disgusted and embarrassed by it. Don't get me wrong, I think Bradley is a good team. But Kansas should not have lost that game. They were one of the hottest teams in the country coming in (15-1 since early January). They didn't play anything like they had been playing for the past 2 months. At least not until about midway through the second half. The intensity wan't there. The hard-nosed defense wasn't there. The solid inside play wasn't there. That team did not look anything like the Jayhawks we've seen over the past couple months.

I guess the haters feel the need to post stuff like this as a sort of 'payback' for all the KU threads over the past week or so. Heh, I guess we're not supposed to feel good about our team when it accomplishes something like win the B12 and the B12 Tourney. :rolleyes: I would say with a choke job for the 2nd year in a row, Bill Self is on the hot seat come next season.

Lzen
03-20-2006, 01:43 PM

Heh. About what, exactly, would they beat their chests?
ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
03-20-2006, 01:44 PM
They were one of the hottest teams in the country coming in (15-1 since early January). They didn't play anything like they had been playing for the past 2 months. At least not until about midway through the second half. The intensity wan't there. The hard-nosed defense wasn't there. The solid inside play wasn't there. That team did not look anything like the Jayhawks we've seen over the past couple months.Bradley had a lot to do with that. KU should not have won the game; they ran into a better team, IMO.

Lzen
03-20-2006, 01:46 PM
What I want to know is, did the sportswriter from Peoria who some of you emailed, reply back to you Friday night laughing his arse off?

You certainly deserved it.

Admittedly, there were some pretty overconfident dumbasses in those emails. There were also some who simply emailed him to correct him on his history. There were some who said they enjoyed his column, as well. ;)

jettio
03-20-2006, 01:47 PM
I don't know if Self and his players knew it because they were in Dallas at the time, but a microburst went thorugh Lawrence just this past weekend and tore a swath of destruction, the portrayal of which will jerk many a tear when the Lifetime network makes it into a movie that will be broadcast several times a year at various hours of the day.

I think the Jayhawks demonstrated extreme cruelty and depraved indifference to the wind-battered citizens of their community when they pooped in their hat in Auburn Hills.

Insensitive to say the least. I hope the good men of Kansas will tell their daughters, sisters and wives to not let anyone associated with KU men's basketball frolic in their meadows or swim in their streams for a couple of days, at least.

That'll learn'em. Oh the humanity!!

jspchief
03-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Heh. About what, exactly, would they beat their chests?
ROFLIs this a serious question?

Did you see Skip's comments about the MVC or the responses to that Peoria article?

Lzen
03-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Is this a serious question?

Did you see Skip's comments about the MVC or the responses to that Peoria article?

Oh, c'mon. You've been around here long enough to know you just have to take Skip with a 'grain of salt'. ;)

I understand the need to payback the overconfident/arrogant fans. But keep in mind that there are those of us who are just fans and love their team. And we like to talk about our team when it accomplishes something. No different than any other fans.

sedated
03-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Maybe if some of us KU fans would shut up every once and a while, less people would fling sh!t every time we lose and cry into our beers.

We lost. Now have some humble pie.

Some of us thought this team was capable of a national title run. We were wrong - the ability is there but its too soon for these pups.

That shows just how difficult it was for *sigh* Melo, McNamara and Syracuse to do what they did with such a young group.

But I do find it funny (not funny) that when one person makes some stupid comment, everyone else piles on, "I love/hate all these cocky KU fans". One person's comment does not speak for KU Nation.

jspchief
03-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Oh, c'mon. You've been around here long enough to know you just have to take Skip with a 'grain of salt'. ;)

I understand the need to payback the overconfident/arrogant fans. But keep in mind that there are those of us who are just fans and love their team. And we like to talk about our team when it accomplishes something. No different than any other fans.I imagine you could gather what this thread was about after the first post. Anything after that, you subjected yourself to.

If you're one of the decent KU fans, then none of this applies to you. I don't know why you feel the need to come in with the "some of us are good guys" schtick in these threads.

4th and Long
03-20-2006, 02:04 PM
1-1 on the season = beating the shit out of us, eh?
What was the final score in that last game, Einstein? :)

Lzen
03-20-2006, 02:12 PM
I imagine you could gather what this thread was about after the first post. Anything after that, you subjected yourself to.

If you're one of the decent KU fans, then none of this applies to you. I don't know why you feel the need to come in with the "some of us are good guys" schtick in these threads.

I know there are always a few fans that get carried away and overconfident. Does that only apply to KU fans? Or does that apply to any group of fans of a team that has success year in and year out? Think about that. If your team was considered a powerhouse every year, would you not get excited? Would there be some fans that were overconfident, arrogant assholes? I think this whole 'KU fans are arrogant' bit has been way overdone. I guess it only applies to KU fans since our team is the only one around this area that has a lot of success in hoops.

chiefs4me
03-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Has anybody else noticed that whatever team Skip cheers for always seems to lose.......:D

Lzen
03-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Maybe if some of us KU fans would shut up every once and a while, less people would fling sh!t every time we lose and cry into our beers.

We lost. Now have some humble pie.

Some of us thought this team was capable of a national title run. We were wrong - the ability is there but its too soon for these pups.

That shows just how difficult it was for *sigh* Melo, McNamara and Syracuse to do what they did with such a young group.

But I do find it funny (not funny) that when one person makes some stupid comment, everyone else piles on, "I love/hate all these cocky KU fans". One person's comment does not speak for KU Nation.

Very good post.

Lzen
03-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Has anybody else noticed that whatever team Skip cheers for always seems to lose.......:D

Hmmm, I think you're onto something. Perhaps we need to cancel Skip's KU fan membership.

chiefs4me
03-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Hmmm, I think you're onto something. Perhaps we need to cancel Skip's KU fan membership.

can you cancel his chiefs membership also???:D

chiefs4me
03-20-2006, 02:17 PM
and I pray he's not cheering for Conn.....:cuss:

Saulbadguy
03-20-2006, 02:18 PM
lmao

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 02:21 PM
To all fans of college or pro sports.......

Honestly, IMHO, many here blow this rivalry up to much. It's OK to take the mud slinging, ribbing, smack in stride. It's meant that way. It's fun.

Problem is many here want to paint it a different picture, add a few pedistals and take things personal. It happens with all sports, college and pro teams . People seem to put their teams pride above their own values and morals. It's not meant to be personal guys.

If you can't lay the smack down and take it too, find something else to be involved in. Sports is not your bag...... find a new hobby.

KU / MU / KSU or any rival fans have every right to defend their team and degrade another school in a fun way , rightfully so is it's also that teams chance / right to do so in return.

But to take anything personal as I feel some here do is out of context.It takes the fun away from the game, the spirt of competition and becomes like war. It's just not needed....... Grow up and have fun.

Saulbadguy
03-20-2006, 02:24 PM

Honestly, IMHO, many here blow this rivalry up to much. It's OK to take the mud slinging, ribbing, smack in stride. It's meant that way. It's fun.

Problem is many here want to paint it a different picture, add a few pedistals and take things personal. It happens with all sports, college and pro teams . People seem to put their teams pride above their own values and morals. It's not meant to be personal guys.

If you can't lay the smack down and take it too, find something else to be involved in. Sports is not your bag...... find a new hobby.

KU / MU / KSU or any rival fans have every right to defend their team and degrade another school in a fun way , rightfully so is it's also that teams chance / right to do so in return.

But to take anything personal as I feel some here do is out of context.It takes the fun away from the game, the spirt of competition and becomes like war. It's just not needed....... Grow up and have fun.
Shut the **** up.

Calcountry
03-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Isn't it kinda sad that the KU fans, after the Jayhawks underachieve in the Big Dance again, point at MU's failures rather than facing up to their own team's choke job? What's that say about them?ummm, that they will never have an NBA franchise? :shrug:

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Shut the **** up.

ROFL Need some meds ?

Saulbadguy
03-20-2006, 02:29 PM
ROFL Need some meds ?
No. You are always one of the first ones to leave a stupid ****ing comment in any rival schools threads, and you are the first one to cry foul when someone goes "too far". Give it up, your schtick is older than Skip Towne.

jspchief
03-20-2006, 02:31 PM

But to take anything personal as I feel some here do is out of context.It takes the fun away from the game, the spirt of competition and becomes like war. It's just not needed....... Grow up and have fun.This coming from the guy that felt the need to lash out via e-mail to a satire piece from a columnist?

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 02:36 PM
No. You are always one of the first ones to leave a stupid ****ing comment in any rival schools threads, and you are the first one to cry foul when someone goes "too far". Give it up, your schtick is older than Skip Towne.

Oh good grief, you have alot to learn. I don't get pissed off when we lose, nor a rival lays some shit on a thread. But damn the torpedoes if I lay a little shit back ?

Grow a pair.... as in grow up. It's every persons right to give it back. If ya can't take it, don't give it.

sedated
03-20-2006, 02:37 PM
This coming from the guy that felt the need to lash out via e-mail to a satire piece from a columnist?

no sh!t.

if your motto is grow up and have fun, explain the letter lashing back at the jaggoff that wrote that stupid article

Cochise
03-20-2006, 02:38 PM
You are always one of the first ones to leave ...comment in any rival schools threads

I don't think that can be disputed.

Saulbadguy
03-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Oh good grief, you have alot to learn. I don't get pissed off when we lose, nor a rival lays some shit on a thread. But damn the torpedoes if I lay a little shit back ?

Grow a pair.... as in grow up. It's every persons right to give it back. If ya can't take it, don't give it.
ROFL

That is a huge load of bullshit and you know it. Tell you what, when KU sucks balls in football this year, i'll start a thread every day about how much they suck, and if anyone even attempts to discuss is rationally, i'll mention to them how much they historically suck and derail every thread about it. Would you appreciate that? No, you'd get your panties in a wad just like you have in this thread.

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 02:39 PM
This coming from the guy that felt the need to lash out via e-mail to a satire piece from a columnist?

I had a good laugh over it, I sent him a nice try letter and a little smack back. I wasn't about to go digging into the Braves history to find som jibberish story to write about. I have little time for it.

So what, it backfired. Not like any of us have never backed our favorite team before only to find our favorite team layed an egg.

jspchief
03-20-2006, 02:40 PM
no sh!t.

if your motto is grow up and have fun, explain the letter lashing back at the jaggoff that wrote that stupid articleHeh. You act like your comments were any less pathetic in that thread.

jspchief
03-20-2006, 02:43 PM
I had a good laugh over it, I sent him a nice try letter and a little smack back. I wasn't about to go digging into the Braves history to find som jibberish story to write about. I have little time for it.

So what, it backfired. Not like any of us have never backed our favorite team before only to find our favorite team layed an egg.Typical Roy modus operandi:

1. Make ass of self
2. Pretend it was all in joking fun
3. Rinse, repeat

Cochise
03-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Heh. You act like your comments were any less pathetic in that thread.

I was going to say, Roy wasn't the only one who owned himself over the Bradley game.

KU caught a lot of trouble around here this year, but if it hadn't been for that trash talking thread, there wouldn't be much to talk about. As it stood, armies of KU fans revolted against any mention of doubt that they would crush Bradley, firing off angry emails and predicting 20 and 25 point wins. You can't walk around puffing up your chest with as much bravado as was being displayed in the "The trash talking has started KU fans" thread and not expect for it to get pounced on. It wasn't even just MU fans, anyone who read that would see how hilariously foolish a lot of people made themselves look.

Now, Bradley discussion is pretty much over, but some people have a complex and are back to not being able to stop talking about MU. Evidence the Pastor's coaching search thread. Everything was fine and rational until some outsiders came in and started slinging poo. Then, of course, they accuse us of being the offendors when we were in there miding our own business.

Seriously, if you don't want the rap, stop waxing your carrot about an impending 25 point win and stop whining when it gets thrown back at you after a loss.

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 02:49 PM
ROFL

That is a huge load of bullshit and you know it. Tell you what, when KU sucks balls in football this year, i'll start a thread every day about how much they suck, and if anyone even attempts to discuss is rationally, i'll mention to them how much they historically suck and derail every thread about it. Would you appreciate that? No, you'd get your panties in a wad just like you have in this thread.

Well good grief.......... You haven't a clue. Football ? I never hardly pay any attention to KU football. History ? Best I know is we have hardly ever had any good teams, it happens from time to time, about as often as KSU gets a good basketball team.. But even when I do visit a foorball thread..... so what ? Am I not able to ? Where are the by laws of being a fan ?

If you want to talk KU basketball, we can discuss something if you wish, but please get your fact straight first when it comes to KU football. It makes you look bad with your comments.

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Typical Roy modus operandi:

1. Make ass of self
2. Pretend it was all in joking fun
3. Rinse, repeat

WOW Jeff, you don't know me to well . Maybe some day. You can ask a few of the friends within the foundation about me. I don't get mad about stuff like that. I do laugh about it. It all in good fun, again if one was to take things serious, he/she needs a new hobby or something topast time away.

HemiEd
03-20-2006, 02:54 PM
I felt as bad about the KU loss as I felt good about the Shocker victories!

WUSHOCK!

jspchief
03-20-2006, 02:54 PM
WOW Jeff, you don't know me to well . Maybe some day. You can ask a few of the friends within the foundation about me. I don't get mad about stuff like that. I do laugh about it. It all in good fun, again if one was to take things serious, he/she needs a new hobby or something topast time away.

Nice way to try and rally the troops. Seriously, you think Bradley will beat KU ? Using a 1950 game as refrence to your domination? What will your Sat. morning story be when you get waxed by 20 + points ? Signed, Life long Jayhawk fan laughing at your stupidity. royc75@hotmail.com

DJJasonp
03-20-2006, 02:56 PM
As a KU fan....I'll own up to it...we choked...BIG TIME.

I dont care how good Bradley is/was....when you have KANSAS across the front of your jersey...you dont lose to the Bradleys and Bucknells of the NCAA's.

The kids lost their mind and started playing Kobe-esque basketball where they forgot their was 4 other players on the court. Looked eerily similar to the way they played in the Maui classic....

You'll notice I'm stopping just short of blaming Self for this (as I have for many things last year)...so I wont...but let's say this...Bradley's coach had them VERY prepared and knew exactly how to breakdown our defense, etc. etc.

If self blows next year's golden opportunity (with the abundance of talent/experience).....I'll personally remove him from his post....

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 02:57 PM
I was going to say, Roy wasn't the only one who owned himself over the Bradley game.

Ole Roy gave Bradley due credit. Bradley was much better than I expected. They playe great, took KU out of it's normal game temp and game plan.

As for the ribbing of the fans, why is it illegal to have confidence in your favorite team and throw a little good hearted smack back ?

Do we have bylaws claiming otherwise ?

How often do we go out on a limb and predict our beloved Chiefs to win a game only to see them fail.

Pitt Gorilla
03-20-2006, 02:57 PM

Are you arguing with yourself? At least get your position straight, before you start lecturing others.

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Nice way to try and rally the troops. Seriously, you think Bradley will beat KU ? Using a 1950 game as refrence to your domination? What will your Sat. morning story be when you get waxed by 20 + points ? Signed, Life long Jayhawk fan laughing at your stupidity.

You somehow feel there was hate and discontent in that message ?

If so, sorry you feel that way. It wasn't meant to be. My wife always tells me to think aboutwhat I say before I speak. Many times what I say is perceived different than what I mean. Maybe the same applys in my wording as I type.

Again, if any of you think I get angry or pissed off about sports.... you don't know me. I have way too many other things in my life that need far more attention that to be pissed off about a sporting event or some rival fan.

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Are you arguing with yourself? Nope

At least get your position straight, before you start lecturing others.

I assumed I was , to get angry abouts sporting events and or fans & comments .

But if one does quote another one out of context, he / she does have a right to clear the subject up.

sedated
03-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Heh. You act like your comments were any less pathetic in that thread.

I said nothing about that thread or KU fans' reaction to that dumbass article in general.

I was merely saying if HIS motto is to have fun, then explain the letter HE wrote.

CoMoChief
03-20-2006, 03:34 PM

When did any of us here ever say that we didnt choke in the tourney. I think its obvious to anyone here KU fan or not that the Hawks played like shit and lost the game to an inferior team once again in the dance. I dont believe its valid for anyone to harp on a team that lost in the dance when their team didnt even make any noise in the conference along with not making the NIT. Good job at finishing almost damn near last in the conference. I cant even think of the last time MU finished better than 5th in conference. That being said I cant remember the last time KU finished worst the 3rd in conference. At least we have 2 championship trophies to show for this season. This season wasnt a complete failure (even though to some KU fans it may seem that way) considering what they accomplished with the youth that was on this team. Losing to Bradley still really sucks though, especially after the Bucknell shit that happened last season's tourney. But the only thing KU has to look forward to now is landing PG Sherron Collins and hopefully landing PF Darrell Arthur, both McDonalds HS All Americans. KU could be 9 deep this season. That could be more than teams can handle IMO. Robinson, Chalmers, Collins, Rush, Wright, Arthur, Giles, Kaun, Jackson makes KU very very deep. Always next season I guess.

Dartgod
03-20-2006, 03:43 PM
When did any of us here ever say that we didnt choke in the tourney. I think its obvious to anyone here KU fan or not that blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
Just a couple of examples...
i say its not a choke job Bradley is a great team way better than bucknell. ku is young and inexperienced. i still think 9 times out of ten ku would beat bradley. we just happened to get the one. Nerves caught up to this young team. oh well next year we will be a top 5 teamThis KU team didn't underachive IMHO. They were young, got off to a bad start, regrouped and did well.

As for the last game, choke, NO, but it wasn't our best game of the year by any means. We got beat by a team that was better that day than us.

One could use the term choked anytime a team losses if they so desire.( of which allof KU's rivals do when KU losses a game.) Guess that the price you pay for being that much better with higher expectations than a perennial losing progam as MU.

Pitt Gorilla
03-20-2006, 03:51 PM
When did any of us here ever say that we didnt choke in the tourney. I think its obvious to anyone here KU fan or not that the Hawks played like shit and lost the game to an inferior team once again in the dance. You have YET to explain how Bradley is inferior to the mighty KU. When I asked you, you ignored the question. How is Bradley the inferior team?

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Bradley is 2 - 0 against us. I can't say anything bad about them when it comes to records.

We lost .

sedated
03-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Once again, KU haters take one KU fans opinion and apply it to every KU fan.

We all have our own opinions, all talk our own sh!t, and should be held to the fire accordingly.

Raiderhader
03-20-2006, 04:14 PM
And losing that one game gives you the dubious claim of .... what?

Ouch!

:D

DJay23
03-20-2006, 05:17 PM
As a KU fan....I'll own up to it...we choked...BIG TIME.

I dont care how good Bradley is/was....when you have KANSAS across the front of your jersey...you dont lose to the Bradleys and Bucknells of the NCAA's.

I agree with this. It is the Kansas arrogance that separates us and makes the program better. We expect more and when we don't reach it, it's a choke. I won't say 9 out of 10 times, maybe 6 out of 10, but we still had the talent to beat them, and I believe we should have. That's a choke. I hate taking credit from Bradley too though. They have a nice team, and I'll actually be rooting for them to beat Memphis (even though I don't think they will).

I am a Kansas fan. I'm an arrogant, elitist son of a bitch and every one of you Mizzou/KSU ****ers can just deal with that. You think you're knocking us down a peg when you post your "KU lost, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" threads, but it doesn't. As the song goes, "I'm A Jayhawk," and none of the things you say or do will change that. In fact the things you say and do make me love Old KU that much more. It makes me realize how much it must suck to be stuck in your position, but hey, I guess I got lucky when the big G put me in eastern Kansas in a time when KU made 6 of their 12 final 4's.

All the Mizzou/KSU fans...have your fun! Yes we choked, again. Rejoice. Start a hundred threads about it. Beat off your boyfriends. Do your thing! We're rivals and it's to be expected. Can't wait till next year!

Calcountry
03-20-2006, 06:37 PM
ROFL

That is a huge load of bullshit and you know it. Tell you what, when KU sucks balls in football this year, i'll start a thread every day about how much they suck, and if anyone even attempts to discuss is rationally, i'll mention to them how much they historically suck and derail every thread about it. Would you appreciate that? No, you'd get your panties in a wad just like you have in this thread.I don't know about this Kansas football chit except for the Thrashing that Fresno State put on Kansas State.

Saulbadguy
03-20-2006, 06:39 PM
I don't know about this Kansas football chit except for the Thrashing that Fresno State put on Kansas State.
We go to Fresneck next season. I'll be there. Care to meet up?

Calcountry
03-20-2006, 06:47 PM
We go to Fresneck next season. I'll be there. Care to meet up?Sounds like a plan, I'll get to meet you doughboy(just kidding).

If you are expecting a nightlife though, I wouldn't have a clue, I graduated in 87 and I am told that I wouldn't recognize the place.

Calcountry
03-20-2006, 06:48 PM
We go to Fresneck next season. I'll be there. Care to meet up?Just remember to wear some of your Chiefs gear and you will fit right in. lmao.

Ari Chi3fs
03-20-2006, 06:54 PM
We rock choked. But at least we get the opportunity each year in the NCAAs to choke. Some of you have to sit at home and choke yourselves due to lack of NCAA choke opportunities.

|Zach|
03-20-2006, 06:55 PM
I agree with this. It is the Kansas arrogance that separates us and makes the program better.
ROFL ROFL

Saulbadguy
03-20-2006, 06:57 PM
We rock choked. But at least we get the opportunity each year in the NCAAs to choke. Some of you have to sit at home and choke yourselves due to lack of NCAA choke opportunities.
So, do you still talk shit on Denver fans who make the playoffs when we don't?

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 08:22 PM
So, do you still talk shit on Denver fans who make the playoffs when we don't?

Hell yes, it's a ritual.

OldTownChief
03-20-2006, 09:04 PM
I bet it would be hard to find 1 Jayhawk fan that would start a thread about KU choking in the NCAA.

Look no further.

OldTownChief
03-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Nice sig you got there, OldtownChief.

Thank You!! I had to re-size it so I wouldn't be accused of welching on a bet.

CoMoChief
03-20-2006, 09:17 PM
You have YET to explain how Bradley is inferior to the mighty KU. When I asked you, you ignored the question. How is Bradley the inferior team?

For starters, KU was a 4 seed as opposed to Bradley's 13 seed. KU played one of their worst games of the season and it took Bradley a great great shooting night to defeat them. I dont care who you are youre not gonna beat many teams that are shooting better than 60% from the arc.

Jayhawkerman2001
03-20-2006, 09:20 PM

What an ignorant idiot, we say those things about MU because yuo guys have no room at all to talk bad on us when you guys are the worst in the big 12, next to baylor, which beat you guys.

OldTownChief
03-20-2006, 09:22 PM
I dont care who you are youre not gonna beat many teams that are shooting better than 60% from the arc.

And you wont stop many teams from shooting 60% from the arc if you don't bring somebody out to press them.

Cochise
03-20-2006, 09:23 PM
For starters, KU was a 4 seed as opposed to Bradley's 13 seed.

The selection committee THOUGHT that Kansas was better. Just like you THOUGHT that Kansas was better. Bradley proved it on the floor.

KU played one of their worst games of the season

Playing a good team will tend to depress your performance sometimes.

and it took Bradley a great great shooting night to defeat them.

Fact check - Kansas had a better FG % and FT % in the loss to Bradley. 44% to 46%, and 67% to 74% respectively.

I dont care who you are youre not gonna beat many teams that are shooting better than 60% from the arc.

They won't shoot 60% if you play defense and contest the shots. Better teams do that.

Jayhawkerman2001
03-20-2006, 09:23 PM
And you wont stop many teams from shooting 60% from the arc if you don't bring somebody out to press them.

I 100% agree with that shit. Our guys seemed to just let those guys go wild beyond that arc and it was pissing me off massively.

Dartgod
03-20-2006, 09:26 PM
What an ignorant idiot, we say those things about MU because yuo guys have no room at all to talk bad on us when you guys are the worst in the big 12, next to baylor, which beat you guys.
Your and idiot.

Dartgod
03-20-2006, 09:28 PM
The number one reason that KU lost was all the passes to teammates that weren't there.

They choked under pressure. There's no disputing that.

Cochise
03-20-2006, 09:33 PM
The number one reason that KU lost was all the passes to teammates that weren't there.

I'm not even really thinking that they choked. Bradley's good. You have to be pretty good to still be alive after round two.

Kansas just got beat by a good team. Unfortunately, be it choking or getting beat by a better team, neither seems acceptable to some fans.

Dartgod
03-20-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm not even really thinking that they choked. Bradley's good. You have to be pretty good to still be alive after round two.

Kansas just got beat by a good team. Unfortunately, be it choking or getting beat by a better team, neither seems acceptable to some fans.
Maybe, but a lot of those turnovers were unforced.

Skip Towne
03-20-2006, 09:35 PM
I would like to let the whole thing go but apparently the MUrons and Mildcats want to talk shit. K-State hasn't been to the Dance in 11 years and they have 0 NC's in anything. MU hasn't finished higher than 5th (tie) in 7 years in the Big XII and has never been to a Final Four. Now, KU is second in the nation in consecutive appearances in the Dance with 17 straight years. And KU has been to 12 Final Fours while winning it all twice. So where do either one of them get off saying anything to KU?

DJay23
03-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Correct. Losing is never acceptable. You can only look for ways to improve and apply them next time.

Ari Chi3fs
03-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Im thinking of making Duke my new 2nd favorite team... I have always kinda liked them... and they never choke.

Long Live Coach K!!

Dartgod
I would like to let the whole thing go but apparently the MUrons and Mildcats want to talk shit.
It's a good thing the KU fans never resort to these tactics. :rolleyes:

OldTownChief
Bradley was on fire through the 2nd half of the season and breezed through the MVC tourny. I'm not sure they're done yet.

DJay23
03-20-2006, 09:39 PM
I would like to let the whole thing go but apparently the MUrons and Mildcats want to talk shit. K-State hasn't been to the Dance in 11 years and they have 0 NC's in anything. MU hasn't finished higher than 5th (tie) in 7 years in the Big XII and has never been to a Final Four. Now, KU is second in the nation in consecutive appearances in the Dance with 17 straight years. And KU has been to 12 Final Fours while winning it all twice. So where do either one of them get off saying anything to KU?
Let them go Skip. Our day will come, and God willing we'll chase their scabies ridden asses back to the holes they slithered out of.

DJay23
03-20-2006, 09:41 PM
and breezed through the MVC tourny.
Well, except for that excruciating display in the tourney final.

OldTownChief
03-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Well, except for that excruciating display in the tourney final.

They were looking past SIU toward KU.

Cochise
03-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Correct. Losing is never acceptable. You can only look for ways to improve and apply them next time.

When I say neither choking nor losing to a better team are 'acceptable', I don't mean that they make you happy, I mean that you accept one of them as a factual explaination, and do not hold to the theory that Bradley lucked out or that the only way KU can lose is a fluke.

Skip Towne
03-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Let them go Skip. Our day will come, and God willing we'll chase their scabies ridden asses back to the holes they slithered out of.
OK but I just couldn't understand why they slithered out in the first place. :shrug:

CoMoChief
03-20-2006, 09:48 PM

This my friends is probably the dumbest post on this thread. All of us KU fans know that we choked this season in the tournament, and It doesnt take a retarded MU fan to realize that. Not to mention its usually the MU fans that bring up the shit talking first, once KU loses. What MU fans dont understand is that it's stupid to wear Bucknell tshirts and talk about how KU sucks that they lost to Bradley this season, when MU's bball program is the laughing stock of the Big 12 conference. I almost feel bad for the program itself, because it was actually halfway decent when Stormin Norman was around. If MU fans want to talk about choke jobs they should look at the entire Quin Snyder era. Not once did MU finish any better than 5th in the conference. In 2001-02 MU had a top 5 starting 5 squad, yet still finished 6th in the Big12. The entire Snyder era has been one huge major choke job. But you beat KANSAS!!! I guess thats all that matters to some people. MU fans can Bucknell this and Bradley that all they want. MU would only LOVE to have the type of season that KU had this season. We have conference championships to show for while Mizzou settles for mid pack or I should say better than the shit stains of the Big12. With KU landing PG Sherron Collins and possibly PF Darrell Arthur coming in next year, both being McD's All Americans, KU can at least look forward to a National Title run next season. KU can be playing 9 deep of really good players. This would be the deepest KU team since the 2001 team. Whether KU is 1-1 or 2-1 against MU next season, MU will once again be lingering at the bottom of the Big12 while KU snags another Conference Championship. But at least they beat KANSAS. Playing time will only make this team better, hopefully Self will let these kids run the court more. They're physically made for it.

Regardless of what MU fans say this is the truth:
While KU fans focus on their team winning the Big12 conference and possible National Title runs, MU fans focuses on bigger things like beating KU at home. It's unblievable of how many MU fans I know who didn't give two shits about the game in Allen Fieldhouse, but cared more than anything about the game in CoMo. Good luck on finding a "good" coach that wants to start out in that corrupt mess you MU fans call a bball program. I really feel sorry for the program though. They had my respect back when Norm was the coach. Now I wish I could just take a giant shit on that whole program.

Cochise
03-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Maybe, but a lot of those turnovers were unforced.

Yeah, and if anything, I've been watching MU for the last several years, so I know what shoddy basketball looks like. Some hallmarks are turnovers at key times, not finishing plays (such as layups), throwing the ball away, giving away clear looks at the basket especially from behind the arc, letting the other team define your game and keeping the offense outside the paint; generally doing things okay and keeping it close, but not good enough to take the lead in the game.

Believe me, since my home team happens to not be good, I know what lackluster play looks like, and it was on display at many points in that game.

DJay23
03-20-2006, 09:50 PM
They were looking past SIU toward KU.
Muh?

Dartgod
03-20-2006, 09:52 PM
This my friends is probably the dumbest post on this thread. All of us KU fans know blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah
Your and idiot.

DJay23
03-20-2006, 09:53 PM
OK but I just couldn't understand why they slithered out in the first place. :shrug:
Just don't question it. It is their right as our rival. Just remember everything you see here. And when the glorious day comes, show them what it's like.

CoMoChief
03-20-2006, 09:57 PM
You're an idiot.

Fixed your post for you. I'm glad that's all you have to say. Just proves to everyone on this board how big of a dumbass you really are.

Skip Towne
03-20-2006, 09:57 PM
It's a good thing the KU fans never resort to these tactics. :rolleyes:
I've never had to revel in a K-State or MU loss before so I wouldn't know about that. K-State and MU losing is old hat to us so isn't reason enough to celebrate. The announcers were still talking about the Tyus Edney deal this year so Mizzou does have a certain amount of notoriety even after all these years. You do remember the Ty Edney deal don't you? It is in the Mizzou Hall of Shame. Hahahahahaha

DJay23
03-20-2006, 09:58 PM
This my friends is probably the dumbest post on this thread. All of us KU fans know that we choked this season in the tournament, and It doesnt take a retarded MU fan to realize that. Not to mention its usually the MU fans that bring up the shit talking first, once KU loses. What MU fans dont understand is that it's stupid to wear Bucknell tshirts and talk about how KU sucks that they lost to Bradley this season, when MU's bball program is the laughing stock of the Big 12 conference. I almost feel bad for the program itself, because it was actually halfway decent when Stormin Norman was around. If MU fans want to talk about choke jobs they should look at the entire Quin Snyder era. Not once did MU finish any better than 5th in the conference. In 2001-02 MU had a top 5 starting 5 squad, yet still finished 6th in the Big12. The entire Snyder era has been one huge major choke job. But you beat KANSAS!!! I guess thats all that matters to some people. MU fans can Bucknell this and Bradley that all they want. MU would only LOVE to have the type of season that KU had this season. We have conference championships to show for while Mizzou settles for mid pack or I should say better than the shit stains of the Big12. With KU landing PG Sherron Collins and possibly PF Darrell Arthur coming in next year, both being McD's All Americans, KU can at least look forward to a National Title run next season. KU can be playing 9 deep of really good players. This would be the deepest KU team since the 2001 team. Whether KU is 1-1 or 2-1 against MU next season, MU will once again be lingering at the bottom of the Big12 while KU snags another Conference Championship. But at least they beat KANSAS. Playing time will only make this team better, hopefully Self will let these kids run the court more. They're physically made for it.

While KU fans focus on their team winning the Big12 conference and possible National Title runs, MU fans focuses on bigger things like beating KU at home. It's unblievable of how many MU fans I know who didn't give two shits about the game in Allen Fieldhouse, but cared more than anything about the game in CoMo. Good luck on finding a "good" coach that wants to start out in that corrupt mess you MU fans call a bball program. I really feel sorry for the program though. They had my respect back when Norm was the coach. Now I wish I could just take a giant shit on that whole program.
Seriously, let it go. Let them crow all they want. They are our rivals and it is their right.

DJay23
03-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Fixed your post for you. I'm glad that's all you have to say. Just proves to everyone on this board how big of a dumbass you really are.
I think he spelled it wrong on purpose.

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 10:00 PM

Wow man, let it all hang out ! ROFL

|Zach|
03-20-2006, 10:00 PM
I am not one to pile on...my post KU loss posts have been minimal but I do find it funny some seem suprised by this backlash and continued posting about the whole thing.

Maybe that should tell you something.

You would think.

DJay23
03-20-2006, 10:01 PM
I've never had to revel in a K-State or MU loss before so I wouldn't know about that.
I usually get a chuckle in and maybe a snide comment. Can't say I'm not happy when they lose.

CoMoChief
03-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Seriously, let it go. Let them crow all they want. They are our rivals and it is their right.

Im letting it go now. They really have no justification in anything they say about KU basketball.

Skip Towne
03-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Just don't question it. It is their right as our rival. Just remember everything you see here. And when the glorious day comes, show them what it's like.
Oh, I could never do that to them. Which one of them do you think will advance to the Dance 17 years in a row? I'm already 60. I'll never see it so I win!!!

OldTownChief
03-20-2006, 10:03 PM

|Zach|
03-20-2006, 10:06 PM
When you see a thread like the two listed below...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137197
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=136810

And couple it with Skip's comments on the MVC and how they couldn't be anymore wrong and DJ's self admitted arrogance I don't see how anyone is suprised these things keep dragging out...

Dartgod
03-20-2006, 10:06 PM
I don't need you to validate my idiot-ness. I'll freely admit it.

Any KU fan that ever laughed at the Broncos for choking in the playoffs, while the Chiefs missed the playoffs again, has no room to talk. I guarantee its happened plenty of times.

Your steel and idiot...

ROYC75
03-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Look no further.
Good thing I didn't bet this one too :D

OK, it's nuthooks for you buddy . :harumph:

Ari Chi3fs
03-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Go Duke!!

OldTownChief
03-20-2006, 10:11 PM

And couple it with Skip's comments on the MVC and how they couldn't be anymore wrong and DJ's self admitted arrogance I don't see how anyone is suprised these things keep dragging out...

It's the biggest "Egg in Face" I've seen since I joined the planet. The unprovoked bashing of the MVC is what brought my dog to the fight.

OldTownChief
03-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Good thing I didn't bet this one too :D

OK, it's nuthooks for you buddy . :harumph:

ROFL

tk13
03-20-2006, 10:13 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight really. I have zero rooting interest for MU or KSU... or anyone in the Missouri Valley, but I like jabbing that stick in there... just because I've sat here for weeks arguing that the Missouri Valley was playing really good basketball. Some you arrogant Squawk Jock Chokehawk fans need to get off your high horse and recognize there's good basketball played in other places elsewhere than Lawrence, KS.

Bradley is a damn good basketball team. I don't care about seeds, conference affiliations, none of that garbage. You think KU fans are still entitled to think you're better? You aren't. You guys stunk it up, your conference stunk it up. You're sending 1 team to the Sweet 16, the Missouri Valley is sending two. You have no leg to stand on. It's like listening to a bunch of Bronco fans try to rationalize Jake Plummer. Now maybe next year will be different, you'll have a great young core and the conference will probably be a lot better, but this year and this tournament is about this year, not the past 50 years or the next 5. And this year, the Missouri Valley is playing like a legitimate major conference.

There's more to it than how many McDonalds All-American's you put on the floor. I can watch Bradley play, and I can tell you they are a good basketball team... way better than any of you will give them credit for. Most of you have watched them play once, maybe twice. They handled maybe the best team in the Big XII, then a really good Big East team. Those weren't fluke wins, they led both teams by double digits then finished you off. They shoot the ball well, they play smart, they get the ball in the hands of their big man and their power forward, their two best players, they play good defense. They dictate the tempo of the game and play to their strengths. In neither one of those wins did Bradley ever seem out of control or overmatched. I think Memphis is gonna be a tough matchup for them because of their quickness, but if they can find a way to get past them, I think they can be in the Final Four. Just because you're arrogant doesn't make you right, or good, it just makes you arrogant. And a target for ridicule when you're wrong. Again.

|Zach|
03-20-2006, 10:14 PM
It's the biggest "Egg in Face" I've seen since I joined the planet. The unprovoked bashing of the MVC is what brought my dog to the fight.
I just thought it was funny they went so far out of their way to bash MU even after they were that shitty.

No biggie...like I said on Laz's thread they are up and they deserve it. They don't deal well with goes around comes around thats for sure.

|Zach|
03-20-2006, 10:15 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight really. I have zero rooting interest for MU or KSU... or anyone in the Missouri Valley, but I like jabbing that stick in there... just because I've sat here for weeks arguing that the Missouri Valley was playing really good basketball. Some you arrogant Squawk Jock Chokehawk fans need to get off your high horse and recognize there's good basketball played in other places elsewhere than Lawrence, KS.

Bradley is a damn good basketball team. I don't care about seeds, conference affiliations, none of that garbage. You think KU fans are still entitled to think you're better? You aren't. You guys stunk it up, your conference stunk it up. You're sending 1 team to the Sweet 16, the Missouri Valley is sending two. You have no leg to stand on. It's like listening to a bunch of Bronco fans try to rationalize Jake Plummer. Now maybe next year will be different, you'll have a great young core and the conference will probably be a lot better, but this year and this tournament is about this year, not the past 50 years or the next 5. And this year, the Missouri Valley is playing like a legitimate major conference.

There's more to it than how many McDonalds All-American's you put on the floor. I can watch Bradley play, and I can tell you they are a good basketball team... way better than any of you will give them credit for. Most of you have watched them play once, maybe twice. They handled maybe the best team in the Big XII, then a really good Big East team. Those weren't fluke wins, they led both teams by double digits then finished you off. They shoot the ball well, they play smart, they get the ball in the hands of their big man and their power forward, their two best players, they play good defense. They dictate the tempo of the game and play to their strengths. In neither one of those wins did Bradley ever seem out of control or overmatched. I think Memphis is gonna be a tough matchup for them because of their quickness, but if they can find a way to get past them, I think they can be in the Final Four. Just because you're arrogant doesn't make you right, or good, it just makes you arrogant. And a target for ridicule when you're wrong. Again.

The MVC is very very young across the board. Thats exciting.

Cochise
03-20-2006, 10:16 PM

I am admittedly in the middle of this often times, but I try not to pile on too hard except when things come out like, "We would beat Bradley 9 times out of 10" or when the implication is that they just got lucky or whatever. Or when you have the unique situation like we had this year with the Peoria columnist.

Outlandish predictions that turn out wrong are going to be served up ad nauseum. If your team loses and you still talk about running up a .900 record against that team... you're asking for it. I think there is a difference between gratuitous trash talking and when someone is asking for it.

WilliamTheIrish
03-20-2006, 10:18 PM
This thread is gold, Jerry, gold!!!

greg63
03-21-2006, 01:00 AM
I think he spelled it wrong on purpose.

Yup; "Your and idiot" is a long standing Planet phrase.

Jayhawkerman2001
03-21-2006, 01:07 AM

So are you conceding that KU is a good team? because to choke you really have to be a good team. Think about it dumbass

Jayhawkerman2001
03-21-2006, 01:13 AM
How can we respect the MVC when we know nothing about them. Now that i know much more about the conference(because its all they're talking about, which isnt a bad thing) i definitely respect them. From what i see they can play some prety damn good ball.

Dartgod
03-21-2006, 06:24 AM
So are you conceding that KU is a good team? because to choke you really have to be a good team. Think about it dumbass
Well of course they're a good team. Otherwise they wouldn't have made the tourney.

And you're call me a dumbass?

jspchief
03-21-2006, 06:40 AM
How can we respect the MVC when we know nothing about them.If you knew nothing about them, then you should have reserved judgement in the first place.

OldTownChief
03-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Some of the biggest MVC bashing came from those who claim to know plenty about them.

ArrowheadHawk
11-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Seems like a good time to bump this.

Darth CarlSatan
11-16-2008, 12:49 AM
All of this over Basket....( wretching noise )...over Basketb...( vomiting noise )...

Sorry, I can't even say it.
ROFL:evil:

Silock
11-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Hey, you're the one with a sig talking about wanting to pound it in some dude's ass.

Darth CarlSatan
11-16-2008, 01:03 AM
Hey, you're the one with a sig talking about wanting to pound it in some dude's ass.

So said the Skinny Puppy wannabe with the soccer player in his avatar....:evil:

Darth CarlSatan
11-16-2008, 01:17 AM
So said the Skinny Puppy wannabe with the soccer player in his avatar....:evil:

Let me retract that; I don't wanna' soil Skinny Puppy's Good Name:

Ahem...

"So said the Moby wannabe with the soccer player in his avatar"....ROFL:evil:

Much better.