PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade a 3rd for Huff?

melbar
03-20-2006, 02:04 PM
The draft calculator shows that moving to #9 would take aprox a 3rd.Do you think it would be worth it? I would even though we have many needs he is too good.

BigChiefFan
03-20-2006, 02:12 PM
That only gives us TWO first day picks and I think D-line should be more of a priority than a D-back. Huff is very talented, though.

jspchief
03-20-2006, 02:13 PM
I would love to have Huff, but I'm not sure that would be a good idea in a year when we already gave up our 4th, with a team that desperately needs an infusion of youth.

melbar
03-20-2006, 02:21 PM
That only gives us TWO first day picks and I think D-line should be more of a priority than a D-back. Huff is very talented, though.

CB's include Surtain, julien Battle, and Sapp. We dont even have bodies at CB let alone Talent.

jspchief
03-20-2006, 02:29 PM
CB's include Surtain, julien Battle, and Sapp. We dont even have bodies at CB let alone Talent.Which is why it was stupid to let Eric Warfield go.

Chiefnj
03-20-2006, 02:52 PM
If KC were to move up, I might prefer that they take Ngata over Huff.

ct
03-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Anybody have a copy of that draft value chart? I used to have it, but can't find it.

SBK
03-20-2006, 02:57 PM
If KC were to move up, I might prefer that they take Ngata over Huff.

Me too. But I wouldn't kick my tv if we moved up for Huff though either.

Now if we moved up for a RB :banghead:

ct
03-20-2006, 03:15 PM
The draft calculator shows that moving to #9 would take aprox a 3rd.Do you think it would be worth it? I would even though we have many needs he is too good.

I found my chart. What you and I are looking at much be very very different. Our 1st + 2nd(54) + 3rd (85) is worth a move up to #8 or #9, actually halfway between them. What calculator do you have?

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Would you trade a 3rd for Huff?

Why??

Do you want to mess up my dream draft?

1) Hali

2) Watson

3) Croyle

:rockon:

ct
03-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------Originally Posted by coryt
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Why??

1) Hali

2) Watson

3) Croyle

Where the hell did that quote come from?

htismaqe
03-20-2006, 04:48 PM
CB's include Surtain, julien Battle, and Sapp. We dont even have bodies at CB let alone Talent.

Huff is a safety, not a CB.

And if he could be had by just trading our 3rd, I'd do it in a heartbeat. That being said, we'd have to trade our 2nd AND 3rd to trade up that far.

BigChiefFan
03-20-2006, 04:55 PM
If KC were to move up, I might prefer that they take Ngata over Huff.I agree with that, big time. Ngata is one Hell of a prospect at DT. Adding him to the D-line could improve our defense in a hurry. He's got all the intangiables to become an instant starter and most likely a dominant one.

htismaqe
03-20-2006, 05:13 PM
I agree with that, big time. Ngata is one Hell of a prospect at DT. Adding him to the D-line could improve our defense in a hurry. He's got all the intangiables to become an instant starter and most likely a dominant one.

All of those things could be said about Huff as well. The great defenses in this league have a difference maker in the middle of the defensive backfield - a Sanders, a Reed, a Williams.

HolmeZz
03-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Though I think he will end up at safety, teams have been looking at Huff as a CB prospect since he ran that 4.3.

ct
03-21-2006, 08:32 AM
I would not trade a 3rd for Huff. There are other safeties available in the 2nd or 3rd, that can still be difference makers. We need all 3 of these picks on solid prospects. Sadly though, I foresee, just as usual, both of those 2nd/3rd to be 'project' players.

Chiefnj
03-21-2006, 08:34 AM
All of those things could be said about Huff as well. The great defenses in this league have a difference maker in the middle of the defensive backfield - a Sanders, a Reed, a Williams.

Great defenses have a pass rush.

melbar
03-21-2006, 08:37 AM
Huff is a safety, not a CB.

And if he could be had by just trading our 3rd, I'd do it in a heartbeat. That being said, we'd have to trade our 2nd AND 3rd to trade up that far.
He's being projected to play CB because of his speed.

melbar
03-21-2006, 08:40 AM
I was using an online calculator at footballguys.com .

htismaqe
03-21-2006, 08:47 AM
He's being projected to play CB because of his speed.

Some of the draftniks are saying that because of how fast he ran at the combine. Most scouts are still looking at him to play safety.

htismaqe
03-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Great defenses have a pass rush.

I don't disagree, but a pass rush can come from all kinds of places. The idea that would should spend every pick on a "pass rush" when we have holes elsewhere will lead to the same result - failure.

RedThat
03-21-2006, 11:21 AM
I don't disagree, but a pass rush can come from all kinds of places. The idea that would should spend every pick on a "pass rush" when we have holes elsewhere will lead to the same result - failure.

Like where? Where else does KC have holes more bigger than the defensive line? Aside from adding another CB, or safety fine. You guys do realize a great D-Line can mask a terrible secondary.

I would be estatic if KC spent picks 1, 2, and 3 on Defensive lineman. Our pass rush is brutal. We have "zero" interior lineman. And aside from Jared Allen, nobody on this defense can rush the QB.

*Our defensive line is the worst in the NFL. Which pretty much explains for a terrible pass defense.

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Sorry coryt, I'll repost it

Why??

1) Hali

2) Watson

3) Croyle

RedThat
03-21-2006, 01:35 PM
I'd like to see the Chiefs mock draft like this:

-Rd 1 Broderick Bunkley DT, FSU

-Rd 2 Daryl Tapp DE, Virgnia Tech

-Rd 3 Dusty Dvoracek DT, Oklahoma

*Trade one of our later round draft picks to the Lions for Harrington to solidify our back QB spot.

Munson
03-21-2006, 01:44 PM

*Trade one of our later round draft picks to the Lions for Harrington to solidify our back QB spot.

I would be very happy if the Chiefs drafted those three players. But I don't think Carl could pull that off.

Mr. Laz
03-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Which is why it was stupid to let Eric Warfield go.

he said "talent" in the secondary ... what part of that applies to warfield

Chiefnj
03-21-2006, 02:09 PM

I'd be very happy with rounds 1 and 2. I'd probably prefer a safety or WR in the 3rd round.

If you believe the hype Bunkley will be gone in the top 15.

melbar
03-21-2006, 10:24 PM
I personally would love to see Williams, Avant , Dvoracek. Williams would be a real stretch , but...

melbar
03-21-2006, 10:25 PM
I also love Huff as a Safety , either way.He's a smart guy and Safety is the "general" of our D.

htismaqe
03-22-2006, 09:40 AM
Like where? Where else does KC have holes more bigger than the defensive line? Aside from adding another CB, or safety fine. You guys do realize a great D-Line can mask a terrible secondary.

I would be estatic if KC spent picks 1, 2, and 3 on Defensive lineman. Our pass rush is brutal. We have "zero" interior lineman. And aside from Jared Allen, nobody on this defense can rush the QB.

*Our defensive line is the worst in the NFL. Which pretty much explains for a terrible pass defense.

A pass rush can mask poor corners, especially in zone coverage.

But it CANNOT mask poor safeties.