PDA

View Full Version : KFFL: TRich visiting Minnesota

ct
03-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Vikings | Team visits with Richardson
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:35:18 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Minnesota Vikings visited with free agent FB Tony Richardson (Chiefs) Monday, March 20.

The vikings had previously visited with Henderson from GB, who eventually resigned with the Packers. Let's hope TRich does the same, and comes back to his old team!!

JBucc
03-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Block for LJ/Priest, or block for whoever their RB is. Who would you choose?

dtrain
03-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Block for LJ/Priest, or block for whoever their RB is. Who would you choose?

The one paying the most money!

jspchief
03-20-2006, 04:38 PM
We're not spending on anyone else, the least we could do is spend on the pro bowlers we have.

Pitt Gorilla
03-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Bring back T-Rich, Carl. :cuss:

58-4ever
03-20-2006, 04:40 PM
We're not spending on anyone else, the least we could do is spend on the pro bowlers we have.

Amen.
:clap:

BigChiefFan
03-20-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm astounded by the Chiefs wanting a $500 million upgrade on the home that they LEASE and their cavalier attitude toward bringing in some upgrades to the team. The proof's in the pudding and Lamar's purse strings are synched tight. Typical.

SNR
03-20-2006, 04:52 PM
It's just a visit, guys. Sheesh, get your panties straightened out.

When TR DOES sign with the Queens for chump change, THEN let's start bitching.

jspchief
03-20-2006, 04:54 PM
The sad part is, in the grand scale of NFL salaries, what would it actually take to keep Tony Richardson?

Around 1 million per year would make him among the highest paid fullbacks in the league. So what is the difference between what KC wants to pay, and what T-Rich wants? 500K per year? Maybe 750K per year if he's asking a lot?

You're telling me that T-Rich isn't worth caving for an extra 500-750K? In a year where we clearly aren't spending the money elsewhere?

Short Leash Hootie
03-20-2006, 04:55 PM

you're saying this to Chiefs fans here, all most of these people are capable of is bitching. It's pathetic.

I'm glad at least I can stay positive about our franchise.

As much as I'd love to see TRich back, and I would, he's awesome, the truth is he's only in the game 25% of the time. If Priest comes back, we'll use him even less.

Don't get me wrong, he's an asset and I hate the idea of losing him, but if the price isn't right, there's not much we can do.

DMAC
03-20-2006, 04:55 PM

Have you seen the lounge topics? There is nothing else to talk about.

jspchief
03-20-2006, 04:56 PM

When TR DOES sign with the Queens for chump change, THEN let's start bitching.For a guy that's invaluable to the team in terms of intangibles, yet dirt cheap in respect to the average NFL contract, why even let him shop around? Make him an offer he can't refuse.

blueballs
03-20-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm astounded by the Chiefs wanting a $500 million upgrade on the home that they LEASE and their cavalier attitude toward bringing in some upgrades to the team. The proof's in the pudding and Lamar's purse strings are synched tight. Typical.

so you have tasted Lamar's pudding?

htismaqe
03-20-2006, 04:57 PM

ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
03-20-2006, 04:57 PM
The sad part is, in the grand scale of NFL salaries, what would it actually take to keep Tony Richardson?

Around 1 million per year would make him among the highest paid fullbacks in the league. So what is the difference between what KC wants to pay, and what T-Rich wants? 500K per year? Maybe 750K per year if he's asking a lot?

You're telling me that T-Rich isn't worth caving for an extra 500-750K? In a year where we clearly aren't spending the money elsewhere?
Considering the fact the league veteran minimum is 720,000 for TRich, I don't think he'd be asking for 500K. That and, no way TRich should settle for a minimum contract. I'm sure he wants more than Dunn is making, 1 million per. I'd say he'd resign for a 2 year, 3.5-4 million dollar deal. No guarantees past year 1.

DMAC
03-20-2006, 04:58 PM
so you have tasted Lamar's pudding?
:lame:

johnson&green
03-20-2006, 05:00 PM
the chiefs will be ok with robert holcome

blueballs
03-20-2006, 05:01 PM
:lame:

eat shit

jspchief
03-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Considering the fact the league veteran minimum is 720,000 for TRich, I don't think he'd be asking for 500K. That and, no way TRich should settle for a minimum contract. I'm sure he wants more than Dunn is making, 1 million per. I'd say he'd resign for a 2 year, 3.5-4 million dollar deal. No guarantees past year 1.I'm saying 500-750k might be the difference between what T-Rich is asking, and what KC wants to pay...i.e., KC wants to pay him 750k, but he wants 1.25m.

As for him getting 3.5-4m, I doubt it. That would make him the highest paid FB in the league by about double what Lorenzo Neal and Mike Alstott are making (two of the higher paid FBs in the game).

Short Leash Hootie
03-20-2006, 05:02 PM
I have a feeling a 30 year old nothing (Holcombe) coming off a serious knee injury isn't going to be in the Chiefs plans. Especially considering he's not even a legit fullback as it is.

Short Leash Hootie
03-20-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm saying 500-750k might be the difference between what T-Rich is asking, and what KC wants to pay...i.e., KC wants to pay him 750k, but he wants 1.25m.

As for him getting 3.5-4m, I doubt it. That would make him the highest paid FB in the league by about double what Lorenzo Neal and Mike Alstott are making (two of the higher paid FBs in the game).
Alstott makes 2 million a year...

I don't see why TRich wouldn't be asking for Alstott money.

Whether or not he gets it, we'll find out. We've already seen Minnesota's willingness to overpay.

Pitt Gorilla
03-20-2006, 05:05 PM
I"m not sure what he's "worth," but I can't forget the running plays where he absolutely blows his guy up and then blocks someone else as he's falling to the ground. That guy should be a Chief for good.

Short Leash Hootie
03-20-2006, 05:05 PM
and I meant 3.5 over 2 years...

jspchief
03-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Alstott makes 2 million a year...

I don't see why TRich wouldn't be asking for Alstott money.

Whether or not he gets it, we'll find out. We've already seen Minnesota's willingness to overpay.Actually, Alstott makes 1.5m.

If William Bartee is worth 1.1 million per year, and Greg Wesley and Jerome Woods are worth in excess of 2 million per year, then I'm having a hard time figuring out why we can't afford to lock T-Rich up.

Oh well, maybe we can take a good FB in the draft instead. God knows we don't have any other positions of need.

Rain Man
03-20-2006, 05:09 PM
This isn't right. This is like going to a wedding and having some guy ask your wife to dance and you're sitting there at the table eating wedding cake with that icing that's just basically Crisco and sugar, and you look over and you see him dipping her while she's smiling and laughing and looking like she's having a great time like she did when you first started dating her.

It's kind of like that, but without the cake.

DMAC
03-20-2006, 05:14 PM
eat shit
I figured you would say something like that.

DMAC
03-20-2006, 05:14 PM
He does good for me on Madden.

blueballs
03-20-2006, 05:17 PM
I figured you would say something like that.

I figured you liked it corny

htismaqe
03-20-2006, 05:22 PM
I"m not sure what he's "worth," but I can't forget the running plays where he absolutely blows his guy up and then blocks someone else as he's falling to the ground. That guy should be a Chief for good.

I also seem to remember a great many plays over the last few years where we ran 1-back and TRich wasn't even on the field.

I'm not saying he's not great, or that we shouldn't lock him up for the rest of his career. But let's not overstate his worth.

HolmeZz
03-20-2006, 07:14 PM
eat shit

omg n00b fight!!!!!111!

Garcia Bronco
03-20-2006, 07:19 PM
If Carl is a good GM...or not a bad one...there is no way he lets this guy get away.

58-4ever
03-20-2006, 07:22 PM
TRich is every bit as valuable as Shields. Carl couldn't possibly let him get away... right? :shrug:

CoMoChief
03-20-2006, 07:23 PM
He does good for me on Madden.

Well hell then, let TRich go to Minnesota we dont need him!!!!!! As long as Holcombe is good on Madden its worth keeping him, ya know since hes coming off of a major injury in REAL LIFE.

beer bacon
03-20-2006, 07:24 PM
If Carl is a good GM...or not a bad one...there is no way he lets this guy get away.

Carl can't take a nap and keep T-Rich from signing with the Vikings at the same time. Do you think he is Superman or something?

CoMoChief
03-20-2006, 07:25 PM

Do you really have to ask yourself that whether hes a good GM or not??? I mean cmon, regardless if youre a Broncos fan you should know the answer to that.

DMAC
03-20-2006, 08:04 PM
Well hell then, let TRich go to Minnesota we dont need him!!!!!! As long as Holcombe is good on Madden its worth keeping him, ya know since hes coming off of a major injury in REAL LIFE.
whoa

banyon
03-20-2006, 08:51 PM
we're cool. we've got Quentin Griffin to block if Holcombe's knee doesn't hold up.